how come you havent started your own business yet?

Options

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    Eye roll.

Because maybe they don't want to?

Not everybody is an entrepreneur and there is nothing wrong with that.

why you coming in here with an attitude?

an that reason is the worse of them all.

you dont know what can do if you never try.

now roll your eyes again an imma slap the ? outta you

You aint gon do ? .

Shut the ? up ? tired of seeing you in every thread

I'm sure you'd rather be surrounded by 10yo girls you ? ? .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cinco wrote: »
    It can always get better.
    Yeah trying to expand with a marketing budget of $4-500/month
    Called this company 180Fusion.com
    They said "yeah our smallest clients are $3k-5k a month,"
    I hung that ? up

marketing for what?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cuz I'm not boss material. I don't like bossing people around and you can't really be a friend and boss. I am however the best right hand man to the boss. You need to know the ins and outs of something I will dissect the ? out of it, process it and give you the information as if you had done it yourself. That's my specialty.

U can find a business partner who is a tad more passionate about (whatever it is) than you.
    It will drive you to perform and you two can appreciate each other.

Maybe one day then.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It can always get better.
    Yeah trying to expand with a marketing budget of $4-500/month
    Called this company 180Fusion.com
    They said "yeah our smallest clients are $3k-5k a month,"
    I hung that ? up

marketing for what?

Real estate business.
    Web site Traffic - pay per click in Dallas.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    to be real. i got other obligations. id love to just up and start a business but u need the extra disposable income to put into it and potentially loose and it not ruin ur life. im not at that point yet.

we already talked about this a bit......you think about what we talked about?

Yeah I remember.. I'm interested. Just life hittin me right now... Gotta help moms and my grandma sick so I gotta prioritize for a lil bit.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just telling my wife that me being a stay at home, I should have some new talents and knowledge under my belt. But I don't. Kids and just pure laziness have consumed me. It's ? disgusting. But I know at any moment I can change that. Currently, my focus is with computers. I'm not set on what exactly, though. They say better late than never but I'm disappointed in myself for wasting so much time.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think a lot of people own a "job" and not a business...and get burnt out cuz u can't do everything. Whereas a business should be able to run without you. I'm putting in time outside of my job to work on multiple streams of income.

I'm also reading the 4 hour work week and it's some gems in that book. I'm understanding the value of leverage and duplication. Also accomplishing small things like setting up my LLCs and opening bank accounts gave me a lot of confidence and momentum...so I try to set goals and keep em in front of me. It's definitely tough and entrepreneurship ain't for everybody...but I'm fortunate that entrepreneurship runs in the family so I have some suppprt.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the sad part is that a lot of ya'll posters are smart/talented as ?

and it shows thru ur posts

a lot of IC posters underestimate ya'll own selves

I would love to spend my own money on ur potential products but ya'll sell urselves short

no ? I'm not even joking :(
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    the sad part is that a lot of ya'll posters are smart/talented as ?

and it shows thru ur posts

a lot of IC posters underestimate ya'll own selves

I would love to spend my own money on ur potential products but ya'll sell urselves short

no ? I'm not even joking :(

i been saying this for the longest.

sometimes these posts can frustrate people out of wanting to help because some of yall sound like you dont want to help yourselves.

you dont know if you are ready until you try
    how do you know what ready is?
    how do you think businesses are ran?

i think too many people are thinking complicated CEO of Exxon type ? .

a business can be as simple as a corner store, refurbishing furniture, building PCs, giving reviews of products, ? operators. some of yall dual citizens can look into global trade, import and export, supply and demand....if you nigas think you can cook..why not open a restaurant?

? @vibe should open a daycare....he already got enough of his own kids so he got practice. if hes into computers..he can teach them how to build one and install programs.

some of the bi and multi lingual people can teach classes for like $20-$30/hr

so many ideas. so many people.

then we can get into why are some people not financially in the right place?

what are you really doing with your money thats helping you vs not creating income for yourself?
    are you digging out of debt? cause thats the only reason that makes sense.

last i saw and read...damn near everyone is making 6 figures. well if thats the case then i know you got a stash. what you doing with that stash outside of showing ? you got some digits on paper?

just saying...i dont mean to come down on yall ...an i am not trying to sound condescending.

but its people out here getting money with less education and less saved up.

you guys are putting limits and rules on to how you will forward not understanding that those same rules are whats stopping you...an giving you an excuse.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    you know how i know i wont try skydiving? because im scared of heights...how do i know im scared of heights...cause i keep climbing to high places and get to shaking like a ? hoe. but i keep trying to get over it and i know its a fear....so i can say i know it as fact.

how yall know you aint boss material? but i bet you ? want the manager position at work tho.
    you are a slave to someone elses money making idea...if thats the case an you cool with it...why not be a slave to your own idea.
    why not work of perfecting your ? on the weekend.
    are yall scared you actually might be good at something?

are yall afraid of needing to depend on only yourself to feed yourself?

this is deeper than it aint for everybody.

neither is ? but you ? always trynna talk a chick into it.

even @kat crazy nosed ass....seem to send pics on request. if her ass dont charge dudes on the net an make money of the free ? she sends....i swear imma slap her ass.

like real ? ...what are yall doing that takes up so much energy that running you own ? aint the priority?
    while i understand sick family....what are yall reasons?

you need to have at least $5000 in the bank?

man that ? wont mean nothing.

your hard word should only pay off for you and your family..not someone else.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    let me add this....as much as i hate lavar ball....i follow his moves because at least he has the heart to go after it without a plan(no matter what the ? says).

he is going after his dream and stayed the course.
    he married and seeded a chick because she was tall.
    he wanted height so he can teach his kids bball with a dream of having them in the NBA.

this mans plan was in action for at least 2 decades an he is just now seeing it come to fruition

2 decades of wishing and hoping.

i see why he is arrogant and feeling himself. i can see why he wont listen or thank anyone....

he spoke his ? into existence and did the work to help out his dream.

his not a business man as i can see hes fumbling thru it....but he is trying and learning along the way.

i lowkey root for the guy...but i also see that he is his own problem.

i say this to yall to.

yall are your own worse problem.

the only person stopping you is you.

using lavar as another example....if what you want dont work in one place...be ready to get up and move to another location.

their is always someone who can use your talents somewhere else.
    imma ready to fight today.

im sending out the bat signal to get ? in here.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Simply put...it requires time, attention and dedication I simply don't have to spare right now. Its not a money issue, and for those who that is a problem that shouldn't be readily dismissed either, but having family and friends who do or have had their own business there's a certain amount of energy and time needed to make sure it's successful and I simply don't have it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    this is why i say alot of people cant complain about gentrification.

what are yall doing to stop it?

having a local business and owning real estate stops this.

the homie @Knock_Twice has a coffee shop

tell me what gentrified place didnt start with the coffee shops or a kinkos?

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Never had the desire to or an idea I wana make a business out of. *shrug*
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A business is a relationship. It requires time energy stability. It's basically a baby that you have to nurture for three years min before you get anything out of it.

I like my time. I like being able to pick up and go when i want. So i prefer contract work.

But i also work for myself so that's a happy medium i can live with.
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »
    Eye roll.

Because maybe they don't want to?

Not everybody is an entrepreneur and there is nothing wrong with that.

why you coming in here with an attitude?

an that reason is the worse of them all.

you dont know what can do if you never try.

now roll your eyes again an imma slap the ? outta you

You aint gon do ? .

Shut the ? up ? tired of seeing you in every thread

I'm sure you'd rather be surrounded by 10yo girls you ? ? .

I ain't no ? ? you backwoods Texas ? .
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't where to start. Thinking going into stocks and doing E-commerce 1st. But need more ideas than those two.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm in the midst of it actually, been planning for a few years now off and on, but lately I've really been going hard on how I wanted everything laid out. I wanted the core business to be a joint venture between myself and my (sorta) lady but it don't look like things are gonna pan out that way. So be it. I really hope to get ? jumping by 2nd quarter '18 though.
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It takes a different mindset. We're programmed from jump to find a "good job" amd be content with that.

To start your own business you gotta be cool with failing. Most ppl ain't. They'd rather find one thing they are good at and work that angle in a "safe" company environment.

For me, fear held me back for the longest. I had my first child at 20 so I had to go with what I knew, and fast. Around 17 tho, I was making plans to start my own tech support business. This was like 94, before geek squad got hot. So imagine how much of a ? head I feel like for not seeing that through.

Since then, I've had a long string of "good" jobs and where I'm at now pays me well and i get to travel the world on their dime. But the ? is stressing me the ? out and I want out now.
  • sunlord
    Options
    Running not owning a business is a pain in the ass. I used to run my own businesses now I just invest by making silent partnership agreements.

Typically to do what I do you have to start off with a certain amount of capital i got my first influx of real money from house flipping and being a landlord. Take your skills or whatever you have and flip that ? into new possibilities
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not everyone wants to start a business perhaps.
  • sunlord
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Not everyone wants to start a business perhaps.

Okay then you cannot complain about being stuck in the middle class or about a lack of social mobility, realistically speaking the easiest and most effective way to truly elevate yourself and your family is by establishing some kind of business.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2stepz has anybody ever told you that you come off as extremely condescending and narcissistic? Serious question.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    2stepz has anybody ever told you that you come off as extremely condescending and narcissistic? Serious question.

there are two type of people...those that see i want to help and those that see me as he thinks hes better.

so...those that see i want to help ...that wouldnt cross their mind. simply because they see what i am trying to do and it comes from a very unselfish place.
    then those who say i come as condescending are usually the people who dont help or are fine not being better than what i tell them i see in them.

perception is how things are interpreted. if your mindframe is always on negative..then your perception will interpreted most things as negative.

so if someone can take..."how come you didnt start your own business because i see you have a talent" as condescending...then who really has the problem?

and if you take " you can make money off of what you are doing for free" as a bad thing and condescending..again who has the problem?

and lastly...narcissistic

i am far from that. i just believe in myself and i and extremely confident.
    i dont need to look good...i dont need to show others "I" look good.

maybe trying to read my posts from a different standpoint.

its not about being like me or wanting anyone to be like me.

its about....hey its ? people caking...why wont you go get some of that.

if you cant see that as a compliment to you(saying you are smarter than those ? )...again..who has the problem?