Options

Comments

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    It's a discussion forum. Everybody has their opinions

You don't have to like eminem to discuss his album.

Also maybe he's here because he thought Eminem would improve? Everybody can have a decline and then suprise the public.

See 4:44 for example.

Don't take @gemini86 serious. He does that corny shtick of his across the IC

its not a "schtick." im not some troll. i just mean what i say when it comes to the topics. if you all think im wrong then cool. that makes the forum that much better. im not even being disrespectful. i just think its lame to jump in a discussion you have interest in.

and to say eminem has no growth is also dumb. dude went from rapping like south park characters about drugs, to ? his moms and being anti women and ? , to talking about fame and what comes with it, to then rapping about how hes coping with his own writers block and social injustices... i dont understand

We are here because we all think he's a good rapper and he might still go back to what he did. If we hated him, his topic wouldn't be stickied.

What growth is he rapping about? His flow is too fast and off beat on loud ass rock beats so how can you even hear what he's saying?

I kinda liked his first flow most. The one he used on SSLP and early freestyle's

"If shady said it, shady meant it... I stayed a minute ..

I'll throw a stroller at you....

With a baby in it.

I literally answered that question. Most of us like em, and most of us agree that he could’ve done better with this album. I was just talking about people that has no interest in the subject it post anyway. Carry on though

Im one of those that think his last good album was eminem show even tho i bought encore.

Imo everything been ass after that aside for one or 2 songs.

This thread been cookin a minute before i came in n wanted to see what was the consensus. If ppl were praising it i was gonna check it out. Ironically i wana listen just to see if its as garbage as everyone else says.

N still get my jokes n ? talkin off.

Its truly not that serious whatsoever.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also maybe he's here because he thought Eminem would improve? Everybody can have a decline and then suprise the public.

its not a "schtick." im not some troll. i just mean what i say when it comes to the topics. if you all think im wrong then cool. that makes the forum that much better. im not even being disrespectful. i just think its lame to jump in a discussion you have interest in.

and to say eminem has no growth is also dumb. dude went from rapping like south park characters about drugs, to ? his moms and being anti women and ? , to talking about fame and what comes with it, to then rapping about how hes coping with his own writers block and social injustices... i dont understand

We are here because we all think he's a good rapper and he might still go back to what he did. If we hated him, his topic wouldn't be stickied.

What growth is he rapping about? His flow is too fast and off beat on loud ass rock beats so how can you even hear what he's saying?

I kinda liked his first flow most. The one he used on SSLP and early freestyle's

With a baby in it.

He said “I stay demented”
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

With a baby in it.

I literally answered that question. Most of us like em, and most of us agree that he could’ve done better with this album. I was just talking about people that has no interest in the subject it post anyway. Carry on though

Im one of those that think his last good album was eminem show even tho i bought encore.

Imo everything been ass after that aside for one or 2 songs.

This thread been cookin a minute before i came in n wanted to see what was the consensus. If ppl were praising it i was gonna check it out. Ironically i wana listen just to see if its as garbage as everyone else says.

N still get my jokes n ? talkin off.

Its truly not that serious whatsoever.

that last comment he made about it being good that its his last album got me tight but like i said. carry on
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Homie, lemme explain it to you.

When he was rapping like South Park characters about doing drugs to ? his moms and being anti women and ? , he was doing it on an INCREDIBLE level; the flows, the delivery, the production/beat choices, the hooks. It was amazing.

Now this is the part where the rap breaks down (you see what I did there). All his ? since Relapse has been ? . He’s picking beats with hooks already on them, the raps about these so called growth topics over the ? /corniest sounding music with features that do not enhance Eminem nor the feature. Then on top of that, the punchlines are kinda horrible.

It’s like he told us all long: he never grew up, he was born grown and grew down. The older he gets, the dumber the ? .

De-vival.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

With a baby in it.

He said “I stay demented”

Thank you
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ! I like "Need Me" now. I feel so much shame.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

Homie, lemme explain it to you.

When he was rapping like South Park characters about doing drugs to ? his moms and being anti women and ? , he was doing it on an INCREDIBLE level; the flows, the delivery, the production/beat choices, the hooks. It was amazing.

Now this is the part where the rap breaks down (you see what I did there). All his ? since Relapse has been ? . He’s picking beats with hooks already on them, the raps about these so called growth topics over the ? /corniest sounding music with features that do not enhance Eminem nor the feature. Then on top of that, the punchlines are kinda horrible.

It’s like he told us all long: he never grew up, he was born grown and grew down. The older he gets, the dumber the ? .

De-vival.

This pretty much sums it up.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got damn called him the hiphop version of the simpsons lmao!!!

and that might even be kind of unfair to the simpsons cuz I just watched some dvr'd episodes from this season and theyre more entertaining than anything Em has put out in 5 yrs
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listening now and I don't know what to think. I will listen to it over and over until I brainwash myself into thinking it's a classic just like Jay stans did with that 444 album.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh and Em sounds depressed as ? with some of the lines on here.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cuz it's 67% Pink's song. Pink lowkey got some fire in her catalogue. You can easily be slightly entertained by it til Em starts playing karaoke and harmonizing with her.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »

Cuz it's 67% Pink's song. Pink lowkey got some fire in her catalogue. You can easily be slightly entertained by it til Em starts playing karaoke and harmonizing with her.

I mean I'm not even ? up with Em's part though, including the guest crooning he was doin. Had to play some gangsta ? to redeem myself though lol
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got damn called him the hiphop version of the simpsons lmao!!!

and that might even be kind of unfair to the simpsons cuz I just watched some dvr'd episodes from this season and theyre more entertaining than anything Em has put out in 5 yrs

Speaking of the Simpsons. The first episode aired 28 years ago today.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »

I mean I'm not even ? up with Em's part though, including the guest crooning he was doin. Had to play some gangsta ? to redeem myself though lol

Yeah, the songs for me that do that are the Revival skit (they flipped Regina Spektor's Human of the Year perfectly) and Tragic Endings. I felt 5% of my Blackness going on strike, so I had to bump Supreme Clientele, The Pillage and Black on Both Sides to get it back.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Variety also gave a negative review

Delusional stans in the comments saying its his best album and the beats were hard

http://variety.com/2017/music/reviews/eminem-revival-album-review-1202643048/#respond
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think I want to listen to this
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    "Clunker after Clunker ..." wow... It's not just us.

yadd3mmquqei.jpg

LA Times. That's big
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Delusional stans in the comments saying its his best album and the beats were hard

http://variety.com/2017/music/reviews/eminem-revival-album-review-1202643048/#respond

Lol @ "the beats were hard"
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Lol @ "the beats were hard"

After listening to Revival, I can see why a Rubin track didn't make the final cut for Kendrick's DAMN.

• Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Legit every site is trashing the album.

I hope this motivates him to make a last album with actual beats and flow.

Hell he should just do one with Detroit and put them on 4real.