Denzel Washington: Don't Blame The Prison System, 'It Starts At The Home'

Options

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    Bruh, seriously

Y’all know Denzel good enough to know his intent without context?

If all it take is a sound bite to turn on a ? , what you ? good for?

cause thats what we’re doin in here!!?

mann get yo cornball ass outta here u aint read ? !

lq05hfmljk2t.jpeg

first page we was stallin that ? out. smmfh
    u in here talkin jus to talk.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    CapitalB wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    im on the outside looking in (white) so dismiss this post if u want

but u all dont think its possible that its a mix of both depending on the situation? the system is rigged definitely, but personal accountability must also play a factor depending on the situation. i been reading every page and its all or nothing from both sides. i dont think its that black & white (no pun intended)

and if u think its ONLY about personal accountability imo ur wrong

i remember moving into my first apartment, was me, my bro, and black friend outside. Cops came up on us and immediately searched my black friend but my bro was the one holding weed (black friend dont smoke or do drugs). Cops asked us what we were doing, NEVER searched ANYONE else. Me and my bro went back upstairs n told everyone what happened like "aint that ? up", black friend didnt make a big deal out of it.

then u gotta also think how far this ? goes back. Slavery, segregation, jim crow, red lining, taking out the black panthers, introducing drugs, war on drugs.

if u were black in the 20's/30's, u were only allowed to live in certain neighborhoods (red lining). this isnt a conspiracy, mortgage loans and zoning permits that specifically read "NEGROES not allowed"

in a city like chicago it seems to be just as segregated as in the 30s.

now u target a group of poor people who have to travel outside their neighborhoods to find work where its a white man denying them jobs, many will resort to crime. There is a correlation between poverty/crime. Its not a gene. Then many of these people get arrested, cant get out and get a job, and are all concentrated back to the same neighborhoods they came from.

honestly.....? u think is gonna happen???

DING DING DING!!!

this wigga got more soul then u ? in here who proclaim to be black! smmfh

Praise white Jesus!

But he did say personal accountability must play a factor

go up two post ? ..
    i speak on this accountability u talkin about.

Actually it's only these MFs saying "nobody should be accountable" in order to make their argument.

Just about everybody I seen who disagreed with this Denzel statement are saying it's because it's one-sided.

That’s the point though! We all know there’s two sides, that don’t make this side wrong!

You think the ? don’t know or don’t believe there’s a system working against us?

He acknowledged it and said “stop making it easy”.

You think he out of touch or that he was answering a question that wasn’t as in-depth enough to break down everything wrong with the black community.

? gave out some game and y’all ? acting like he had to say the other side of it to validate that what he said had any merit.

He said "can't blame the system" - people have a problem with that. PERIOD.

All that other ? is obvious to us too.

Context ? ....

You can’t blame the system if doing everything to fall into the trap.

Like @Madame_CJSkywalker said, you one of those MF's stuck on binary thinking.
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »

but u all dont think its possible that its a mix of both depending on the situation? the system is rigged definitely, but personal accountability must also play a factor depending on the situation. i been reading every page and its all or nothing from both sides. i dont think its that black & white (no pun intended)

i remember moving into my first apartment, was me, my bro, and black friend outside. Cops came up on us and immediately searched my black friend but my bro was the one holding weed (black friend dont smoke or do drugs). Cops asked us what we were doing, NEVER searched ANYONE else. Me and my bro went back upstairs n told everyone what happened like "aint that ? up", black friend didnt make a big deal out of it.

then u gotta also think how far this ? goes back. Slavery, segregation, jim crow, red lining, taking out the black panthers, introducing drugs, war on drugs.

if u were black in the 20's/30's, u were only allowed to live in certain neighborhoods (red lining). this isnt a conspiracy, mortgage loans and zoning permits that specifically read "NEGROES not allowed"

now u target a group of poor people who have to travel outside their neighborhoods to find work where its a white man denying them jobs, many will resort to crime. There is a correlation between poverty/crime. Its not a gene. Then many of these people get arrested, cant get out and get a job, and are all concentrated back to the same neighborhoods they came from.

poverty does not cause crime you are making a correlation is causation logical fallacy and even if it did the levels of crime in the black community is out of bounds with the amount poverty we face.

what causes crime is relative poverty which is not the same are poverty

ok so read my post over and just place 'relative' in front of where i said "poverty" this time

If i do that the main point of your argument falls apart... you are saying poor people do crime because of economically and socially disadvantages.

what i am saying is that if these people are only relatively poor then is means they are not truly poor at all and their motivation for doing crime must therefore come from something.

So u dont think they are socially/economically disadvantaged? and their motivation for doing crime doesnt stem from poverty?

YES BLACK IN AMERICA PEOPLE ARE socially/economically disadvantaged? YET AND still we are not ACTUALLY poor WE are only relatively poor. For the vast MAJORITY of blacks in america the motivation for doing crime does not come from lack i.e poverty it comes from wanting more and not being willing to suffer through what is necessary to attain the social/economic status we want.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    like i said earlier..
    dont call me a criminal i want call u a ? ass ? ..

one side we got ? angry.. other side we got ? scared.

yall really think ? out here resortin to sellin drugs ? or whatever the ? for the fun of it. smmfh

smmfh.. yall got it..

master’s favor that is. lmmfao

I don't give a ? what you call me because it will be some made up non-factual ? .
    however when i call you a criminal it perfectly describes what you are.

? resort of crime because they are failures at life either they are too dumb or too morally weak to attain a successful life without doing crime. They don't know how to go up the social ladder so they resort to living in the underworld.

whatever u say whiteboy..

I first i was a Jamaican immigrant now i'm a white boy??????????

you getting weaker ?

i wasnt talkin to u ? !

quit clamoring for male attention.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    oh.. well i thought i was talkin to that other idiot.

but i wanna be white so ? it.
    i said it.
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    i understand the im not gonna knock for trying point capitol made. cool... but if u do something that u know the risk off and get caught aint no blaming whitr folk... u take the risk u take the consequence... thats my stance on it. im the most pro black ? u will meet. everything yall saying i know and agree with most of it.

nobody sayin dont accept the consequence..

i do what i do..
    made a conscious decision to do so..

if i end up in jail.. aye..
    thats the risk i took..

but how could u blame me!? why would u blame me!?
    i dont expect the white man to understand.. but my ? brother!!?

How can I blame you for going to jail, for something you know you did?

If a ? end up taking a life of someone close to you, just remember it ain’t his fault, it was the system!

If he go to prison, we rocking “Free that ? ” tees!

check this out..
    muthafuckas have took the lives of those close to me ? ass ? ..

and nah.. i dont blame them.. i blame the ? environment we in.. but doesnt mean them ? aint go be held accountable..
    like i said earlier..

yall really think ? out here resortin to sellin drugs ? or whatever the ? for the fun of it. smmfh

smmfh.. yall got it..

? jumped into those feeling real quick!

my alologies for givin a ? about my people..

u wouldnt understand..
    u dont want to..

enjoy ur privilege.

If you gave a ? you’d expect better.

lol & smmfh..
    u aint been payin attention to ? ..

the ? else do u expect?!

we done wit this convo..
    im talkin to a ? idiot.

thats clear to me now..

and jus so we clear..
    me and mines good IN SPITE of..

cause aint no crooked governent go scare me or shame me into goin the “straight” and narrow..

if only u held the government to the same standard u hold those it oppresses. lmmfao

Lol, you weird Bruh!

• CapitalB
    Options
    anyways..

yall enjoy the rest of ur subservient ass day..

me!?
    i jus got handed an envelope wit over 10k for the past week...
    im bout to go enjoy mines..

uugcis7ge3g3.jpeg

CRIME PAYS! :joy: :joy:
  • CapitalB
    Options
    i understand the im not gonna knock for trying point capitol made. cool... but if u do something that u know the risk off and get caught aint no blaming whitr folk... u take the risk u take the consequence... thats my stance on it. im the most pro black ? u will meet. everything yall saying i know and agree with most of it.

i do what i do..

thats the risk i took..

If a ? end up taking a life of someone close to you, just remember it ain’t his fault, it was the system!

check this out..

and nah.. i dont blame them.. i blame the ? environment we in.. but doesnt mean them ? aint go be held accountable..
    like i said earlier..

smmfh.. yall got it..

u wouldnt understand..
    u dont want to..

enjoy ur privilege.

lol & smmfh..

the ? else do u expect?!

we done wit this convo..
    im talkin to a ? idiot.

thats clear to me now..

and jus so we clear..

cause aint no crooked governent go scare me or shame me into goin the “straight” and narrow..

if only u held the government to the same standard u hold those it oppresses. lmmfao

Lol, you weird Bruh!

that went over ur head huh??! hahaha

idiot.
  • okaay
    Options

i do what i do..

thats the risk i took..

check this out..

like i said earlier..

smmfh.. yall got it..

u wouldnt understand..
    u dont want to..

enjoy ur privilege.

lol & smmfh..

the ? else do u expect?!

we done wit this convo..
    im talkin to a ? idiot.

thats clear to me now..

and jus so we clear..

Lol, you weird Bruh!

that went over ur head huh??! hahaha

idiot.

Oh ? I had to scroll mad long to see the “idiot”!

Neat!

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

poverty does not cause crime you are making a correlation is causation logical fallacy and even if it did the levels of crime in the black community is out of bounds with the amount poverty we face.

what causes crime is relative poverty which is not the same are poverty

ok so read my post over and just place 'relative' in front of where i said "poverty" this time

If i do that the main point of your argument falls apart... you are saying poor people do crime because of economically and socially disadvantages.

what i am saying is that if these people are only relatively poor then is means they are not truly poor at all and their motivation for doing crime must therefore come from something.

So u dont think they are socially/economically disadvantaged? and their motivation for doing crime doesnt stem from poverty?

YES BLACK IN AMERICA PEOPLE ARE socially/economically disadvantaged? YET AND still we are not ACTUALLY poor WE are only relatively poor. For the vast MAJORITY of blacks in america the motivation for doing crime does not come from lack i.e poverty it comes from wanting more and not being willing to suffer through what is necessary to attain the social/economic status we want.

at the bolded...i believe that occurs and is learned because of the poverty they experience

blacks were outright denied ? like property, insurance, ownership as soon as they were 'free' from slavery for no other reason than the color of their skin

then when they were allowed to have some of these things it came at a great cost (charging higher interest, only allowing property ownership in 'undesirable' areas, not paying out insurance as legally obligated)

then throw drugs in the neighborhood, where unemployment/poverty is high, education is low (minimal school funding, outdated textbooks, etc), 1 in 3 black males are incarcerated....

my parents immigrated here and became civilians, gave us a whole middle income home in the city, stressed to me the importance of working and saving and i tell u it still took me a lot of stupid mistakes to get ? right.

yet if i grew up on the other side of town those same mistakes would've hit me harder and taken me longer to correct that i could easily see myself trying to take a 'short cut' that might make matters worse.
  • okaay
    Options
    anyways..

yall enjoy the rest of ur subservient ass day..

me!?
    i jus got handed an envelope wit over 10k for the past week...
    im bout to go enjoy mines..

uugcis7ge3g3.jpeg

CRIME PAYS! :joy: :joy:

Be safe out there, ? bless!

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The system is rigged as ? .

But ? and ? gotta stop doing dumb ? too.

Having 3-4-5 kids bybdifferent ? . @CapitalB you even said ? ? up producing all these kids without ? .
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    So that’s what we doing?? We victim blaming ??

? don’t tell native Americans to get they ? together and put the alcohol and drugs down....but we gotta grab them boot straps huh?

We don’t tell them it’s their fault they living on reservations and drinking at an all time high with crazy suicide numbers and that it starts at home when trying to change that

? them. We talking bout us. Crying about some ? being wrong hasn’t and won’t get us any ? damn where. We all know this! We all know there needs to be criminal justice reform. However, if you’re waiting on these crackers to straighten up and fly right you’ll be waiting for ? ever. The only solution is to wake the ? up and do for self. Period.

w1t7zydg8o8p.jpeg

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    I'm ashamed of you ? who wholeheartedly agree with this ? . Yes people need to do better at home but if you can't acknowledge and understand why the Black community is like this then your no better then whites.

Why can’t both be true?
  • okaay
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    I'm ashamed of you ? who wholeheartedly agree with this ? . Yes people need to do better at home but if you can't acknowledge and understand why the Black community is like this then your no better then whites.

Why can’t both be true?

It’s mathematically impossible, you a ? just for suggesting it.

• CapitalB
    Options
    <—- jus came back for the 500th post.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    The system is rigged as ? .

But ? and ? gotta stop doing dumb ? too.

Having 3-4-5 kids bybdifferent ? . @CapitalB you even said ? ? up producing all these kids without ? .

which is why i champion abortions..
  • sunlord
    Options
    This ? is a ? and a supporter of unborn muder
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Because the phrase "deserve ? " will never be true...but your overall point is true in terms of who people hold more accountable for ? . I think goes back into a reoccurring theme which is people know they're the ones responsible for putting these politicians in place either through action or inaction thus meaning blaming them is also blaming themselves and their ? decision making...and people hate personal accountability. A sports team you don't put that together yourself so it's easier to blame w/o guilt. A movie you not writing the script so if it sucks it ain't your fault. Just the same theme coming up over and over again

well they sayin ? “deserve jail” its basically the same ? ..

but because u identify wit the female u wont allow urself to see the correlation.

No because there is some ? that you do deserve jail over...like let's say ? somebody...but in no way does a person ever deserve to be ? . It's not the same thing

in no way do black people deserve the ? they been subjected to and act out of as a consequence..

And there is no disagreement on that statement
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    why are these discussions always so binary

i'd agree character is formed in the home, formed by your environment, by your family. but when those building blocks of character were destroyed/crippled by poverty, chronic unemployment, racism and bad government policy for hundreds of years .... what you get is broken homes for generations

and when you have a justice system that tends to disproportionately police, harass, arrest, punish one segment of the population more than another, you are going to create more broken homes and perpetuate more systemic inequalities

would things be better if parents could do more and ppl made better decisions? yes. obviously. but it's unrealistic to argue the average person can overcome the effects of racism; living in a poor neighborhoods with ? schools and high crime rates; a poor diet..... especially when working class/ poor parents generally lack the time, money and education required to parent efficiently in america

LPast wrote: »
    in this thread we got The Blacks vs The BACs hahaha

Damn I gotta be a bac because I don't depend on white people for my freedom? LMAO...

You make it too easy...

stawp

living in america means appeasing some white folk is required, considering we have to live among quite a few

and don't act like with one false report you couldn't be thrown in prison, or for decades well into the late 40s, after slavery supposedly ended, blk ppl by the thousands arrested and thrown into prison or labor camps for "crimes" such as homelessness or loitering

it's about holding the systems and ppl responsible for the creation and outcome of these systems accountable

So it's unrealistic to expect people to be strong??? and not fall to the traps of their environment. History is what it is and that won't change so we cannot keep using history as an excuse. If a parent cannot effectively disciple their children then it's their fault not the systems and when those children grow up if they continue to ? up then it's their fault not the systems.

THE SYSTEM is unfair but life has never been fair and never will be.

if the system is helping to create and perpetuate broken homes, poverty, etc which produces at risk youth...how can you absolve the system of any blame????

you're oversimplifying the complexities of human agency....failing to properly acknowledge the social forces, relationships, institutions and elements of social structure that work together to shape the thought, behavior and experiences, choices and overall life experiences of ppl

ppl need to be strong, but they also need advocates

I don't believe the system is doing that..... broken homes are the results of adults making choices that pull them apart. Which then increases the odds of their children growing up in poverty.

I THINK you are undervaluing the personal responsibility of black people you are treating us like children. Only children have their thoughts shaped adults make their lives what they want them to be. There are hurdles in life but you don't blame a hurdle for being a hurdle you simply jump over it and if you fall you get up and jump again.

The way things are set up make black folks more susceptible to falling into those broken homes. Yes of course your own personal choices affect your life, but you cannot discount the things outside of your control that place certain choices in front of you.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

i'd agree character is formed in the home, formed by your environment, by your family. but when those building blocks of character were destroyed/crippled by poverty, chronic unemployment, racism and bad government policy for hundreds of years .... what you get is broken homes for generations

and when you have a justice system that tends to disproportionately police, harass, arrest, punish one segment of the population more than another, you are going to create more broken homes and perpetuate more systemic inequalities

would things be better if parents could do more and ppl made better decisions? yes. obviously. but it's unrealistic to argue the average person can overcome the effects of racism; living in a poor neighborhoods with ? schools and high crime rates; a poor diet..... especially when working class/ poor parents generally lack the time, money and education required to parent efficiently in america

Damn I gotta be a bac because I don't depend on white people for my freedom? LMAO...

You make it too easy...

stawp

living in america means appeasing some white folk is required, considering we have to live among quite a few

and don't act like with one false report you couldn't be thrown in prison, or for decades well into the late 40s, after slavery supposedly ended, blk ppl by the thousands arrested and thrown into prison or labor camps for "crimes" such as homelessness or loitering

it's about holding the systems and ppl responsible for the creation and outcome of these systems accountable

So it's unrealistic to expect people to be strong??? and not fall to the traps of their environment. History is what it is and that won't change so we cannot keep using history as an excuse. If a parent cannot effectively disciple their children then it's their fault not the systems and when those children grow up if they continue to ? up then it's their fault not the systems.

if the system is helping to create and perpetuate broken homes, poverty, etc which produces at risk youth...how can you absolve the system of any blame????

you're oversimplifying the complexities of human agency....failing to properly acknowledge the social forces, relationships, institutions and elements of social structure that work together to shape the thought, behavior and experiences, choices and overall life experiences of ppl

I don't believe the system is doing that..... broken homes are the results of adults making choices that pull them apart. Which then increases the odds of their children growing up in poverty.

I THINK you are undervaluing the personal responsibility of black people you are treating us like children. Only children have their thoughts shaped adults make their lives what they want them to be. There are hurdles in life but you don't blame a hurdle for being a hurdle you simply jump over it and if you fall you get up and jump again.

i want blk ppl treated like human beings first...and blk americans treated like american citizens second

same as youth, bio chemistry, genetics, diet, intelligence, upbringing etc can impact what decisions we make

what can limit or strongly influence the opportunities, decisions we are presented with?

government policy .... factors (such as social class, race, gender, ethnicity, subculture, etc.)

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? thread again!!? i tried ignorin this ? ..
    log on see 200+ new posts..

thats how bad i been tryin to avoid this convo..

so what do i do!!?
    my ? say “self.. jus go to the last page and see whats goin on..”

first post aneed..
    bad post.. but not horrible..
    then i see fuckniggazombie 2.0

yeh now im ? ..
    im almost home.. yall hold on. lol

whats wrong with my post

cause hindsiight is 20/20

u made it out thats fine and dandy..
    but we go sir here and act like by the time a nogga figures this out it aint already too late??

i mean yeh ? is fuckups.. but so is everybody else.

BUT WR’RE TARGETED..
    i dont think u ? truly grasp the weight of that ? ..

blak was jus postin about it on this very page..

everybody does crime..
    muthafuckas is literally gettin rich sellin weed now and ? still sittin in jail for it..
    Hugh Hefner PimPd and Pandered into his fortune..

we aint doin ? nobody else is doin but we persecuted and prosecuted for it..

so lets jus call it what the ? it is..
    its illegal to be black..

white kid steals they call his parents he gets picked up from the store.. black kid goin in the back of a police car goin to the station gettin fingerprinted and picture taken..

why is that? to get him in the system..

i reconditioned the way i think on my own..
    i realize my reality at the time was built on a lie.. i wanted to be mad at my mom but how could i be mad at her and not my grandmother for raisin her like that?? and hell if imma be mad at her then i gotta be mad at my great grandma..

they can only teach what they know..

u ? is outside lookin in castin judgement and that ? irks me..

u dont realize ur poor til ur around an environment that isnt..

u said it, the game is ? rigged.. aint no but aftet that unless its “but i made it”
    ill congratulate a ? who made it but ull never see me admonish someone for failing when the system IS DESIGNED for them to do jus that.

u ? come off as real gumps when topics like this arise..

In a nutshell : DONT PLAY THE MATERIALISTIC / HYPERCONSUMERIST GAME. Its time to find another way of living.
    Another way to determine what is considered rich and poor.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    this ? thread again!!? i tried ignorin this ? ..
    log on see 200+ new posts..

thats how bad i been tryin to avoid this convo..

so what do i do!!?
    my ? say “self.. jus go to the last page and see whats goin on..”

first post aneed..
    bad post.. but not horrible..
    then i see fuckniggazombie 2.0

yeh now im ? ..
    im almost home.. yall hold on. lol

whats wrong with my post

cause hindsiight is 20/20

u made it out thats fine and dandy..
    but we go sir here and act like by the time a nogga figures this out it aint already too late??

i mean yeh ? is fuckups.. but so is everybody else.

BUT WR’RE TARGETED..
    i dont think u ? truly grasp the weight of that ? ..

blak was jus postin about it on this very page..

everybody does crime..
    muthafuckas is literally gettin rich sellin weed now and ? still sittin in jail for it..
    Hugh Hefner PimPd and Pandered into his fortune..

we aint doin ? nobody else is doin but we persecuted and prosecuted for it..

so lets jus call it what the ? it is..
    its illegal to be black..

white kid steals they call his parents he gets picked up from the store.. black kid goin in the back of a police car goin to the station gettin fingerprinted and picture taken..

why is that? to get him in the system..

i reconditioned the way i think on my own..
    i realize my reality at the time was built on a lie.. i wanted to be mad at my mom but how could i be mad at her and not my grandmother for raisin her like that?? and hell if imma be mad at her then i gotta be mad at my great grandma..

they can only teach what they know..

u ? is outside lookin in castin judgement and that ? irks me..

u dont realize ur poor til ur around an environment that isnt..

u said it, the game is ? rigged.. aint no but aftet that unless its “but i made it”
    ill congratulate a ? who made it but ull never see me admonish someone for failing when the system IS DESIGNED for them to do jus that.

u ? come off as real gumps when topics like this arise..

In a nutshell : DONT PLAY THE MATERIALISTIC / HYPERCONSUMERIST GAME. Its time to find another way of living.
    Another way to determine what is considered rich and poor.

the hell u talkin sbout Frenchy!!?
  • sunlord
    edited December 2017
    Options

You make it too easy...

stawp

i want blk ppl treated like human beings first...and blk americans treated like american citizens second

same as youth, bio chemistry, genetics, diet, intelligence, upbringing etc can impact what decisions we make

what can limit or strongly influence the opportunities, decisions we are presented with?

government policy .... factors (such as social class, race, gender, ethnicity, subculture, etc.)

civilized human beings take responsibility for themselves and their environments, we are all born with a uniqueness of genetics, intelligence ,history etc etc etc................ BUT we make the best of whatever we are given black people in america are not making the best of ourselves exactly because attitudes like yours seem to predominate.

obviously we have limited opportunities that's part of life no one is born equal and there will never be equality between people.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

You make it too easy...

stawp

civilized human beings take responsibility for themselves and their environments, we are all born with a uniqueness of genetics, intelligence ,history etc etc etc................ BUT we make the best of whatever we are given black people in america are not making the best of ourselves exactly because attitudes like yours seem to predominate.

obviously we have limited opportunities that's part of life no one is born equal and there will never be equality between people.

foh. like slavery, the social advantages and disparities that affect different races and social classes we see in america are not natural. it is a product of crony capitalism, institutionalized racism and inherited privilege. and it’s all held together by a set of rules designed by men. meaning it can be rectified by the actions of men, same as we have to do more to take advantage of the opportunities that are presented to us

these are not mutually exclusive ideas...and naturally if we ignore one facet of the problem it will persist

like others i choose to focus primarily on institutionalized racism because it has been the most consistent and overpowering impediment to blk success in america throughout history...

to say otherwise yes you'd have to argue blk ppl, for whatever reason, are lazier, not as smart, or not as motivated to strive for a better life then our non blk counterparts ....which has not been my experience at all....nor is it supported by any credible evidence