The Ultimate Face Off! Wolverine vs. Batman

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    so Wolverine wont get any licks in with his claws? Batman is human he gets stabbed and dies the end lol
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    so Wolverine wont get any licks in with his claws? Batman is human he gets stabbed and dies the end lol

For reals... Why can't muthafuckas realize that? Wolverine would ? murder that dude.
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Howcome nobody ever just bought a load of adamantium, made a large box out of it, threw wolverine in there, and dropped it into the ocean?

Because finding adamantium is as hard as finding a Beyonce sex tape
  • I Am Him
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ksmart wrote: »
    And I'm LMAO at this ? saying Wolvie is the deadliest thing on two feet. Even Golden Boy Cycolops be Wolvie.

And I'm LMAO at this whole Cyclops beating Wolverine thing, when did this story happen. Cyclops took off Wolverine's wrist, but Wolverine made Cyclops a real cyclops, other than that, show me the story where these two had a fight and Cyclops won?
  • I Am Him
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Wolverine with preparation is almost exactly the same as Wolverine w/o it. Batman with preparation took down Darkseid and the Justice League. It's totally different levels. With prep, Batman brings a big ass magnet and Wolverine loses. With out prep, Batman outsmarts Wolverine and wins anyways.

Wolverine is not some dumb dude that slashes the air around him. He is a hunter, he will hunt batman down and ? him in five mins or less, Batman really didn't beat Darkseid, and how hard is it to beat a team of people who trust you and you know all their weaknesses. I think DC keeps messing up with Batman, the more powerful they make him seem, the less powerful the make the rest of their characters.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wolverine with preparation is almost exactly the same as Wolverine w/o it. Batman with preparation took down Darkseid and the Justice League. It's totally different levels. With prep, Batman brings a big ass magnet and Wolverine loses. With out prep, Batman outsmarts Wolverine and wins anyways.

you're underestimating Logan
  • jaxn
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And I'm LMAO at this ? saying Wolvie is the deadliest thing on two feet. Even Golden Boy Cycolops be Wolvie.

Right, but then again, Cyclops is no joke and he's far from a golden boy
  • jaxn
    edited August 2011
    Options
    For reals... Why can't muthafuckas realize that? Wolverine would ? murder that dude.
    Wolverine is faster, stronger and far more durable than Batman. This isn't even taking into consideration his senses, healing factor and his own MA skills
  • jaxn
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I Am Him wrote: »
    Wolverine is not some dumb dude that slashes the air around him. He is a hunter, he will hunt batman down and ? him in five mins or less, Batman really didn't beat Darkseid, and how hard is it to beat a team of people who trust you and you know all their weaknesses. I think DC keeps messing up with Batman, the more powerful they make him seem, the less powerful the make the rest of their characters.

DC will not really show anyone as being >>>>> Batman nor Superman, at least not on a consistent basis.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    DC will not really show anyone as being >>>>> Batman nor Superman, at least not on a consistent basis.
    You basically solved the debate right there. If everyone else is <<<< Batman, then Batman beats Wolverine. Case Close
  • jaxn
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You basically solved the debate right there. If everyone else is <<<< Batman, then Batman beats Wolverine. Case Close

except for Wolverine being a Marvel character..DC's mythos don't apply in that universe.
  • IceManKam
    edited August 2011
    Options
    except for Wolverine being a Marvel character..DC's mythos don't apply in that universe.
    Why not? 10 char
  • jaxn
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Because they're two different companies. Marvel doesn't have such edicts on their characters.
  • IceManKam
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So that means if Wolvie comes to DC land, that his adamantium claws are just some typical steel since they don't have such edicts on their characters due to the fact that they're two different companies
  • I Am Him
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So that means if Wolvie comes to DC land, that his adamantium claws are just some typical steel since they don't have such edicts on their characters due to the fact that they're two different companies

It's not even the claws that make him dangerous, Logan has been fighting way before he got the adamantium or even remembered he was born with the claws. He was fighting in WWII with and against Cap, so unlike Batman who has to rely on gadgets and letting somebody give him the time to come up with a way to beat them, Wolverine is just gonna ? him and go find a bar. I mean would you let somebody have the time to come up with a plan to beat you or would just kick their ass and be done with it
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    LOL @ the people in here saying "well batman would go get this" or "he would build this and blah blah blah" how are ya'll making up ? ON TOP of the comic...I thought this was a straight up batman vs wolverine thread? Not a "what happens if batman gets something that can ? wolverine" thread.

Ya'll not thinking straight up as they are right now batman vs wolverine? cause if not ya'll ? just making up your own ? .
  • IceManKam
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Batman is no slacker when it comes to hand to hand combat, and I'm damn sure he has something that will neutrualize Wolverine. This is the "Ultimate" face-off for a reason, it can go either way.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wolverine isn't all that. He has lost to Captain America, he has lost to Spiderman, he has lost to Punisher, who for the record can't ? with Batman, and he has lost to Deadpool who's just a highly trained assassin just like Batman. The tools Batman could have on him could take out Wolverine alone. Like a batarang a flash bang, a freeze bomb, an exploding batarang, he can just tie the ? up in some rope. Wolverine won't win, brain often>>>brawn and Batman is waaay smarter.

And Batman's suit is made of some real ? so Wolverine's claws won't cut it like regular clothes it'll provide some protection for when he gets hit. And if worse comes to worse, he can call the batmobile in to run over the ? and keep doing it at supersonic speeds, or just call in the batjet and it's over.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lmfao!!! Those adamantium claws are going through Batman's suit and game ? over!
  • jaxn
    edited August 2011
    Options

No, Wolverine's bones will still be laced by adamantium. It'd just be an unknown metal in the DCU and keep all of its properties. The edict I'm referring to is basically no hero will be shown as being greater than Superman when it all comes down to it..the same for street level characters in comparison to Batman. Batman would have to have some superhuman attribute to pull off some of the things he does, but so far, that hasn't been stated..The only explanation is that he's the Gotdamn Batman!!!
  • jaxn
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wolverine isn't all that. He has lost to Captain America, he has lost to Spiderman, he has lost to Punisher, who for the record can't ? with Batman, and he has lost to Deadpool who's just a highly trained assassin just like Batman. The tools Batman could have on him could take out Wolverine alone. Like a batarang a flash bang, a freeze bomb, an exploding batarang, he can just tie the ? up in some rope. Wolverine won't win, brain often>>>brawn and Batman is waaay smarter.
    Captain America is >>> Batman..He's actually superhuman. Spiderman is greater than Batman Cap and Wolverine. The only reason a guy like Cap can fight with Spidey is because of Pete's admiration for the guy. Punisher has beaten Wolverine once in a job fest written by Ennis. Wolverine would absolutely destroy Frank Castle with relative ease. In comics anyone can lose under certain circumstances. Deadpool is a little bit more than a highly trained assasin. The guy has a healing factor that makes Wolverine's look like child's play. The guy has teleportation abilities..he's a beast. Bats may have gas bombs that'll work but I highly doubt he's walking around with anything that can keep Wolverine down. The guy was introduced into comics fighting the Hulk. Wolverine isn't an idiot by any stretch of the imagination. The guy is like a century old if not older. He's no stranger to combat.
    And Batman's suit is made of some real ? so Wolverine's claws won't cut it like regular clothes it'll provide some protection for when he gets hit. And if worse comes to worse, he can call the batmobile in to run over the ? and keep doing it at supersonic speeds, or just call in the batjet and it's over.
    Batman's suit won't protect him from Wolverine's claws. Logan would slice through the suit like soft butter. Unless he has a suit made of adamantium or the alloy that created Captain America's shield, he's out of luck
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    In a straight fight, Batman shouldn't stand a ghost of chance against Wolverine. For all his skill and training, Batman is still just a regular guy. Wolverine's got adamantium laced bones and claws. Getting punched by Wolverine should be like getting hit in the face with a steel bar.

Add in Wolverine's healing factor, and it should be a wrap for the Bat.

But DC would insist on coming up with some crazy scenario that would allow for Batman to win.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Captain America is >>> Batman..He's actually superhuman. Spiderman is greater than Batman Cap and Wolverine. The only reason a guy like Cap can fight with Spidey is because of Pete's admiration for the guy. Punisher has beaten Wolverine once in a job fest written by Ennis. Wolverine would absolutely destroy Frank Castle with relative ease. In comics anyone can lose under certain circumstances. Deadpool is a little bit more than a highly trained assasin. The guy has a healing factor that makes Wolverine's look like child's play. The guy has teleportation abilities..he's a beast. Bats may have gas bombs that'll work but I highly doubt he's walking around with anything that can keep Wolverine down. The guy was introduced into comics fighting the Hulk. Wolverine isn't an idiot by any stretch of the imagination. The guy is like a century old if not older. He's no stranger to combat.

Batman's suit won't protect him from Wolverine's claws. Logan would slice through the suit like soft butter. Unless he has a suit made of adamantium or the alloy that created Captain America's shield, he's out of luck

Captain America is not superhuman, he's peak human abilities just like batman, difference is Batman trained and Cap took a serum. And we actually have no idea if Bat's suit can stand up to adamantium, just that it's laced with or made of some metal that helps protect him from bullets easily.

And Deadppol has a teleporting device not abilities and he doesn't even use it much when whipping wolverine's ass. Deadpool is like if Batman was crazy and stupid and had no tech with a healing factor(that he doesn't need sometimes when he beat's Wolverine's ass).

Until Wolverine can beat highly trained humans like Deadpool and Captain America and Cyclops sans his powers, he can't beat Batman who is that with Dr. Doom like technology.
  • hh1234
    hh1234 Members Posts: 147
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i got to go with wolverine on this.when they actually write him like they supposed to i dont think batman is messing with him if they just meet up.the claws,the healing factor,the strength... wolverine for the win
  • jaxn
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Captain America is not superhuman, he's peak human abilities just like batman, difference is Batman trained and Cap took a serum. And we actually have no idea if Bat's suit can stand up to adamantium, just that it's laced with or made of some metal that helps protect him from bullets easily.
    Well Batman is peak human for Bruce Wayne's body and potential..Steve Rogers is peak human for humanity..as in humanity's potential.. It's not the same..Cap is a legit superhuman. Cap's strength, speed, agility, and durability combo is unrivaled by street level characters until you get into guys with superhuman ability. The closes to Cap in this aspect is the Black Panther before getting into guys like Spidey and such. Daredevil is peak human like Batman. They obtained their abilities through extensive training. Cap also is highly trained. When he was created, the government brought in the best fighters from around the world to train him..not to mention that he's always training. If he's not in actual combat, he's training. Cap has the ability to adapt to unknown MA styles on the fly..see the Kang War.
    And Deadppol has a teleporting device not abilities and he doesn't even use it much when whipping wolverine's ass. Deadpool is like if Batman was crazy and stupid and had no tech with a healing factor(that he doesn't need sometimes when he beat's Wolverine's ass).
    DP hardly whoops Wolverine's ass. He may have beaten him in the past but lets not get carried away..DP's healing factor is always played up in his storylines.. The guy's had has been blown off and just grows right back. He's moreso like a psychotic Punisher than Batman. Besides, he's also enhanced. He underwent the weapon x treatment similar to Wolverine

Until Wolverine can beat highly trained humans like Deadpool and Captain America and Cyclops sans his powers, he can't beat Batman who is that with Dr. Doom like technology.
    Wolverine and Captain America barely even tussle out of respect for one another..however one of their more recent exchanges had Logan coming out on top and again Captain American is >>> Batman.. What Cap does can't be used to argue a win for Batman. Dr. Doom and Reed Richards are peers..they dwarf Batman intellectually. Batman's tech isn't quite Doom level. Batman's tech isn't even Ironman level. Batman is cold and is the man, but there are others out there just as accomplished if not moreso.