killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPHYvOxtb8Ckjs2k41o_Wy6R5YCEeUgkjKKKeDwjssIEYroroR

FUTURE_PLUTO_FINAL-1024x1024.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfb9oykk3bLJm4TIlz5AyzS-oFhWsn1AiJBVmhldNsLu2eXPDoJA

how did Future flop?

this anoying autotune ass ? was supposed to be the next big thing outta atlanta and was 8th on the charts 1st week and 41K first week and still under 200K sold overall.

LOL@ future and 2chainz being hyped as the new best rappers coming out of ATL while gucci mane and rocko are >>>
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think rick ross, meek, 2chainz, good music, and a few more albums i can't think of all flopped. This is not cause im hating on modern rap or anyhting, i just feel as if most of the albums i was looking forward to missed something. All of thsoe guys (and good music) had released dope mixtapes, albums, music, before so i was expecting something surpassing that. none of them really did that, in fact they sounded like second rate songs, compared to their best work. kinda like how (in my opinion) flesh of my flesh by dmx just sounded like throwaway tracks that didnt make dark and hell is hot.

just from an artistic standpoint, i expected more from those particular albums i mentioned.
    as for waka flocka, i feel he just aint put his hearrt into that, i think he admitted as much.
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    not that i judge waka flocka the way i judge nas or somebody, but waka supposed to make that get hype music. if u a get hype artist and you have me yawning, then u failed.
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaughterhouse and if Games album really comes out on 12-11-12
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'd say Slaughterhouse but nobody (but Royce) expected them to sell.
    wtf, didnt know Wacka flopped.
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every mmg release besides stalley's mixtape this year was so unoriginal and bland, Ross and co lost!
    G.O.O.D music's cruel summer
    Flophouse
    The weeknd....
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn The Weeknd? What did he drop
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He drop 3 mixtapes with 1 new song at the end of each ,repackaged it and charged $ for something that could be downloaded for free from his website and then still only sold 100-105 thousand copies. If the industry is still counting double and triple CDs the same that means he only sole like 35 thousand copies of each disc which equals a flop!
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dixinormus wrote: »
    He drop 3 mixtapes with 1 new song at the end of each ,repackaged it and charged $ for something that could be downloaded for free from his website and then still only sold 100-105 thousand copies. If the industry is still counting double and triple CDs the same that means he only sole like 35 thousand copies of each disc which equals a flop!

now that i think about. i think you are right. lmao i'm about to go ether Weekdn stans
  • SheerExcellence
    edited November 2012
    Options
    dixinormus wrote: »

hold up
    if you can get ppl to buy some ? that they already coulda downloaded for free, and still can download for free, and 35 thousand ppl buy it just to hear 3 new songs, how is that a flop? if ? could bundle their free mixtapes and sell them joints for 15 bucks and still get 35k ppl to buy them, trust me they would be doing that ? . thats not a flop.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone saying Rick Ross should've went platinum for whatever reason is delusional. Only like two releases from this year have reached platinum period (Lionel Richie and Taylor Swift's latest). Adding insult to injury, there's albums from 2011 that are killing this year's top releases in sales. No way was Rick Ross going to go platinum especially without having at least a Top 10 hit.

I don't have a biggest flop, but the biggest disappointment is between Cruel Summer and Slaughterhouse.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Once again yall just naming ? yall dont like. How the hell is selling 500,000 considered a flop?

Gee used to be annoying as ? but he was right, Ross dont make music for crackas. So he's never gonna go plat cause white folks aint gon buy his ? ...
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ the Weeknd flopping.

Dude sold already released music and is still bringing in numbers.
    I ? with KRIT, but when he sold his already released music it didn't work out all too well.

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaughtehouse was a sad affair...

I expected more from Meek Mill
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    slaughterhouse gets my vote

I haven't listened to that album 1 time since the 2nd or 3rd time I let it play all the way through
  • blackrain
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPHYvOxtb8Ckjs2k41o_Wy6R5YCEeUgkjKKKeDwjssIEYroroR

FUTURE_PLUTO_FINAL-1024x1024.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfb9oykk3bLJm4TIlz5AyzS-oFhWsn1AiJBVmhldNsLu2eXPDoJA

how did Future flop?

this anoying autotune ass ? was supposed to be the next big thing outta atlanta and was 8th on the charts 1st week and 41K first week and still under 200K sold overall.

I think its pretty much agreed Pluto did better than expected

Not when he gotta pay 3 labels back before he sees any money
  • blackrain
    Options
    Cruel Summer was by far the biggest disappointment of the year...all that damn anticipation for the best song to with John Legend and Teyana Taylor
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? wit Curren$y buy he flopped hard..
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kreayshawn sold 1.2 hundred copies her first week
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course Kreayshawn.
    jono wrote: »
    Financially:
    [img]http://theversed.com/files/2012/06/Rick-Ross-? -Forgives-I-Dont-Official-Cover.jpg[/img]

Dude is on TV waaaaaaay too much to not be at least a platinum artist

C/S Bolded.

• MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? wit Curren$y buy he flopped hard..

He's independent, so it's good on his part
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont understand how RickyCop flopped tho, his first week of gfid sold more than his first week of teflon cop
  • killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont understand how RickyCop flopped tho, his first week of gfid sold more than his first week of teflon cop

because of that ? material he released as singles that presidential and diced pineapples songs were wack as ? .
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder do people understand what a Flop is.

A Flop is when something UNDER PERFORMS based on Buzz, Exposure, Climate and Expectations. And by all definitions the winner is.......

Meek Mill.

Not only was his album weak but he had a buzz that was the biggest out of his class excluding Drake of course. And he Barely outsold Wale.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    LMAO at people trying to make up definitions and ? . There were several disappointments but none bigger than Kreyshawn. The ? was up on MTV and ? acting like her and Ross had beef at one time. The ? got all type of publicity from so many angles. ? showed her ass on voting day just like they did Romney. Biggest flop of the year. As I recall it Ross was #1 on the charts the week he dropped and did over 200K how is that a flop? Hell the way you people hyped up Krit he flopped like a ? compared to Ross. Hell the way you people hyped up Lamar he should have went platinum the first week. Like someone else said most of you are just naming people you don't like or who are successful and been doing it for a while.