Options

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    So according to evolution:

1. Our world is the result of random chance
    2. Somehow atoms came together and produced life, which gave rise to "natural selection" with no intelligent thought behind it.
    3. "Natural selection" has worked for an untold number of years, through the prolific life that nature randomly produces.
    4. Despite the variety and complexity of life, natural selection has a competitive system where only the best, strongest, and most adaptive species survives; while the other species do not.
    5. As a result, there is a gradual upgrading of species; as well as mutations that occur.
    6. These mutations are sudden variations of features, within the species, that help further evolve it into a stronger, more competitive species.
    7. After and untold number of years, this struggle of natural selection, with the help of useful mutations, gave rise to human beings. A species that is of great complexity and superior abilities. They were not planned or made that way, but the features of evolution enabled them to arrive on the scene and survive.

michael-jordan-lol.gif
    More lol here

lol-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-154.gif
    More lol here

omghaha.gif

cmon-son-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-298.gif
    More c'mon son here

• Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SOWETO wrote: »
    100 Prime wrote: »
    wait... you cant be serious when you say we're ignorant for being christians, then talk as if evolution is true.... hypocrite.

i called you ignorant because it was very obvious that you/ol' boy were trying to tout this discovery as validation of your faith, which it wasn't. and evolution is a well-known/well-respected establishment of academia that christians have fought since its origination.

it is more validation that evolution is false because they changed the story yet again!!!!

i dont know where you from, but where im from, if somebody keeps changing their story, they are lying. simple as that.

besides, how can you feel so strongly that ? is not real, but yet, not be so sure where we came from, or how we got here.....

you would think if you felt so strongly 1 way, you would have to have solidified reason why you feel the other way... right? or is that just my ignorance talking.

so its logical to not have any idea where we came from, but you are 100% sure that ? doesnt exist.. how can you be 100% one way but only .01% the other way. .01% is what you think you know, but really, you have no idea what you are talking about.

how can you know when your source dont even have a clue. they havnt had a clue since this evolution theory came about.

but all that is just my ignorance, right?

• Premeer
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    ? made evolution, both ? and evolution can live in harmony.

you are confused, mon! are you a atheist, or are you a christian.... you playing the fence. pick a side and stick to it.

by your logic, 1st version of man was damn near a monkey. and Jesus is a caveman or something close.

no wonder you think babylon is a "mental state". your understanding is sorely lacking.
  • Premeer
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Humans are apes, have been and always will be.

You gotta do your research.

Evolution is vast and difficult topic.

I can't sit there and tell you from 500 millions ago to the presents.

You know many species they are and were???

ok.. so where did all this life on this earth from man, animals, to plants, trees, etc., come from?

and dont you find it funny that everything in and on this earth is linked and needed eachother to live here? like if bee's, for instance, went extinct; life would drastically change.

us as humans, even the earth, need every animal that is here to maintain the earth.

almost like everything that is here, is 'meant' to be here, right? cuz if it has no reason, then it wouldnt be here, no?

so how does everything here perfectly fit together, by accident?

@ohhhla

you have yet to answer the simple questions with the simple answers you said you could.

stop flagging, lil boy.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

you are confused, mon! are you a atheist, or are you a christian.... you playing the fence. pick a side and stick to it.

by your logic, 1st version of man was damn near a monkey. and Jesus is a caveman or something close.

no wonder you think babylon is a "mental state". your understanding is sorely lacking.

I am a christian i am just not as closed minded and clearly uneducated as you are and can you please stop with the "mon"? .I never said babylon was a mental state ? i said it was a demonic force that inhabits the whole world. there are over nine different major branches of christianity we don't all have the exact same theology.

You seem to follow what i call childlike and infantile evangelical branch that is so popular in america today.
  • Premeer
    edited February 2013
    Options

I am a christian i am just not as closed minded and clearly uneducated as you are and can you please stop with the "mon"? .I never said babylon was a mental state ? i said it was a demonic force that inhabits the whole world. there are over nine different major branches of christianity we don't all have the exact same theology.

You seem to follow what i call childlike and infantile evangelical branch that is so popular in america today.

far from a child.. i got different speeds, like you suppose to. when im dealing with ignorant MFers, i tend to act up a lil more than i would normally.

and atheists, are as ignorant as they come.

i pray to ? that he blesses me with more patience dealing with ignorance.. atheists really test my blood level. if i can talk to a atheist without my blood boiling, then i can talk to anybody.

cant understand how you playing both sides of the fence and claim to be a committed devoted christian.

like you told me, you might wanna get your Bible out and read more, you need it!!
  • zombie
    Options

far from a child.. i got different speeds, like you suppose to. when im dealing with ignorant MFers, i tend to act up a lil more than i would normally.

i pray to ? that he blesses me with more patience dealing with ignorance.. atheists really test my blood level. if i can talk to a atheist without my blood boiling, then i can talk to anybody.

I am not an atheist, so relax . when you read the bible you have to think . evolution may explain how our physical bodies came to be but who you are from a spiritual standpoint is not really your physical body, we are made in ? 's image but what is the image of a spirit?
  • Premeer
    Options

I am not an atheist, so relax . when you read the bible you have to think . evolution may explain how our physical bodies came to be but who you are from a spiritual standpoint is not really your physical body, we are made in ? 's image but what is the image of a spirit?

? is more than just a spirit... obviously..... but His spirit is in all of us.... obviously.... how else does He know everything we think, say, do, location, feelings, emotions, intentions, flaws, pains, hear our prayers, etc etc etc...

your understanding of who and what ? is, is already distorted.

if you cant even understand, He made us in His image, then how do you expect to understand what babylon is, my good man!
  • zombie
    Options

cant understand how you playing both sides of the fence and claim to be a committed devoted christian.

like you told me, you might wanna get your Bible out and read more, you need it!!

What fence ? evolution and ? are not mutually exclusive.
  • Premeer
    Options

What fence ? evolution and ? are not mutually exclusive.

either ? created us... or we evolved from an atom to the functional / spiritual being we are today.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

The image is something in the very nature of humans, in the way in which we are made. It refers to something a human is rather than something a human has or does. By virtue of being human, one is in the image of ? .

Also, the image refers to the elements in the human makeup that enable fulfillment of human destiny. The image is the powers of personality that make humans, like ? , beings capable of interacting with other persons, of thinking and reflecting, and of willing freely.
  • zombie
    Options

? is more than just a spirit... obviously..... but His spirit is in all of us.... obviously.... how else does He know everything we think, say, do, location, feelings, emotions, intentions, flaws, pains, hear our prayers, etc etc etc...

your understanding of who and what ? is, is already distorted.

if you cant even understand, He made us in His image, then how do you expect to understand what babylon is, my good man!

? is spirit JOHN 4:24.

He speaks to us all but is not in us all some people are totally devoid of ?

He knows everything because that's his nature.
  • zombie
    Options

The image is something in the very nature of humans, in the way in which we are made. It refers to something a human is rather than something a human has or does. By virtue of being human, one is in the image of ? .

Also, the image refers to the elements in the human makeup that enable fulfillment of human destiny. The image is the powers of personality that make humans, like ? , beings capable of interacting with other persons, of thinking and reflecting, and of willing freely.

Yes but what is really a human?? All the things you listed do not oppose evolution, what you are basically saying here is that the image of ? is the human spirit which can also be called human consciousness which i believe to be correct. Still this does not exclude evolution.
  • zombie
    Options
    All evolution can explain is your material body but religion says that who you are is really just your material body.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Yes but what is really a human?? All the things you listed do not oppose evolution, what you are basically saying here is that the image of ? is the human spirit which can also be called human consciousness which i believe to be correct. Still this does not exclude evolution.

If you really want to break it down, there were only 3 "true" humans that ever lived on planet earth.

Adam and Eve before the fall

and

Jesus Christ

All 3 of them lived how humans were intended to live. Prior to the fall in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve had perfect fellowship with the Father. Jesus Christ, likewise, had perfect fellowship with the Father.

Jesus Christ obeyed the Father perfectly. Adam and Eve didn't thus the reason why the fall happened.

Also, Jesus Christ always displayed love for humans.

You see, ? intended that a similar sense of fellowship, obedience, and love characterize humans relationship to ? , and that humans be bound with one another in love. We are completely human only when manifesting these characteristics. And this has only been achieved by Adam and Eve before the fall, and Jesus Christ.

Evolution on the other hand cares nothing about love, obedience, or fellowship. Why? Because ? is erased from the equation. When that is done love is out the door(survival of the fittest), obedience is non-existent (do as thou wilt), and fellowship is scoffed at (hating ? and fellow man).

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tsk tsk.

This thread is proof alone why I view humanity as stupid.

A whole bunch of logical fallacies trying to disprove this theory.

Tsk tsk tsk. Yea, I'm going not have kids
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Go get yourself a microscope. Look at bacteria. Watch it evolve. Disprove your own ? assumptions. Apologize for wasting everyone's time.

I have a degree in Marketing. But I'm not going to say t he Executives at APPLE "were wrong" in how they marketed the ? iPOD. Why? It would be stupid as the evidence clearly shows they did a good ? job marketing the iPOD.

I like how you attack Darwin's EVIDENCE yet we are supposed to just take your word for it you're qualified to speak on this subject. ? show us your degree. Show us the receipts!

Secondly, Darwin's theory was among the first of it's kind. He didn't have the technology we have today so of course there are going to be discrepancies. HOWEVER, his core principle was absolutely correct. LIVING BEINGS EVOLVE. Simple as that. It's common knowledge. Nobody has time to wait for you ? to catch up to the ? 21st Century. Believe your nonsense in another ? time period. And say hello to Kunte Kente and Chicken George and tell that ? Kizzy to comb her gotdamn hair. Cuz thats how far you'd have to go to find somebody with an IQ over 125 to believe evolution is somehow a hoax.

There is no legitimate debate. A legitimate debate is when both sides have good points. Anti-Evolution side doesnt pass the "really ? ?" test. A ? magical Jew who impregnated his own Mother and killed himself but never died yet rose from the death in 3 days (even though Gods never die) created animals in less than a day. REALLY ? ?

Evolution was wrong? Even though there's both skeletal remains. MITOCHONDRIAL DNA from our ancestors and fossils that have been carbon dated for accuracy? REALLY ? ?!

If you are over the age of 12 and you think a woman was created from a man's rib when you yourself came out of a ? woman you need to beat the living ? out of yourself.

Once again here is the anti-Evolution side in a nutshell: "IM TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND SCIENCE SO I BELIEVE IN MAGICAL-NESS."

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aww, man. DARXWELL came in crushed the creationists building
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't believe in creationism or evolution. How can we seriously find out how we began?

To much ego on both sides of the fence. Let it be discovered naturally. Both sides are just exploiting the people for profit gains
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think its just as stupid for anyone to believe that there was NOTHING then '? ' EVERYTHING
    Who believes that? not Atheists or Agnostics.

Who are these people who believe there was "NOTHING?" Can you show me these scientists and their published "Theory of Nothing?"
    O one can PROVE evolution
    There's this misconception about the word PROOF as it relates to the Maury Polvich Show and as it relates to a serious scientific hypothesis or theory.

Science and Scientists go out of their way not to use the word proof because there's always that 0.00001% chance in anything. What does not change however is the fact that our genome has been linked directly with human beings from 8 Million years ago via Mitochondrial DNA (which is only passed through the Mother).

Said, DNA was extracted from Human Skeletons that were human but primitive in nature. (3 1/2 - 4 feet tall, elongated skulls, etc). Over hundreds of thousands of years we...*DRUMROLL*...EVOOOLVED (Like it or not) . Neanderthals died out hundreds of thousands of years ago. And now here we are.

Why are we pretending this is a legitimate debate in 2013? The line between "evidence" & "strong unfounded opinion" got blurred somewhere along the way and ? is really annoying. Not in just science but politics and society in general.
    and NO one can PROVE Creationism.
    No one can prove Im not really 10 trillion years old and didnt shoot the galaxy out my ? 300 Billion years while rubbing one out to the first ? Call DVD before it even existed. But that's where common sense comes in.
  • Premeer
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Go get yourself a microscope. Look at bacteria. Watch it evolve. Disprove your own ? assumptions. Apologize for wasting everyone's time.

I have a degree in Marketing. But I'm not going to say t he Executives at APPLE "were wrong" in how they marketed the ? iPOD. Why? It would be stupid as the evidence clearly shows they did a good ? job marketing the iPOD.

I like how you attack Darwin's EVIDENCE yet we are supposed to just take your word for it you're qualified to speak on this subject. ? show us your degree. Show us the receipts!

Secondly, Darwin's theory was among the first of it's kind. He didn't have the technology we have today so of course there are going to be discrepancies. HOWEVER, his core principle was absolutely correct. LIVING BEINGS EVOLVE. Simple as that. It's common knowledge. Nobody has time to wait for you ? to catch up to the ? 21st Century. Believe your nonsense in another ? time period. And say hello to Kunte Kente and Chicken George and tell that ? Kizzy to comb her gotdamn hair. Cuz thats how far you'd have to go to find somebody with an IQ over 125 to believe evolution is somehow a hoax.

There is no legitimate debate. A legitimate debate is when both sides have good points. Anti-Evolution side doesnt pass the "really ? ?" test. A ? magical Jew who impregnated his own Mother and killed himself but never died yet rose from the death in 3 days (even though Gods never die) created animals in less than a day. REALLY ? ?

Evolution was wrong? Even though there's both skeletal remains. MITOCHONDRIAL DNA from our ancestors and fossils that have been carbon dated for accuracy? REALLY ? ?!

If you are over the age of 12 and you think a woman was created from a man's rib when you yourself came out of a ? woman you need to beat the living ? out of yourself.

Once again here is the anti-Evolution side in a nutshell: "IM TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND SCIENCE SO I BELIEVE IN MAGICAL-NESS."

REALLY ? ?!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »

Angry black man syndrome is fatal. Call your mom up and tell her you love her brother.
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe in both creationism and evolution. ? put everything here and set things in motion. One doesn't disprove the other imo.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Oh yeah and lol and smh at "natural selection" and "evolution" not being smart enough to stop species from dying, but yet smart enough to evolve a human being.

wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2521.gif
    More wtf here

Somehow "evolution" and "natural selection" can will atoms into motion which gave birth to an untold number of species, but yet "evolution" and "natural selection" wasn't smart enough to stop the process of aging and death? Like for real?

lol669.gif
    More lol here

A combination of atoms, motion, time, and chance has fashioned everything that we currently have, but yet "evolution" and "natural selection" couldn't figure out how to stop death?

kirk_rofl_lol_gif.gif
    More lol here
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Alright somebody with knowledge of this evolutionist theory explain this to me. How is it that we have many different species of organism that can exist in the exact same habitat living under the exact same conditions? It seems to me the theory of evolution would say that every organism that lives in the trees in the forest would evolve into the same species. Every organism that lives in desert would become another etc.

Why would there be a Lion, antelope, cheetah, wildebeest etc all in the same Serengeti when they are all living under the same conditions? Wouldn't they have evolved into the same thing?