Who on here thinks J.cole>>>>>Drizzy Drake and why?

Options

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    drake doesn't transcend music lmao. homes can't even sing that well ive heard him live. Drake not even close to the musical ability of a kanye west. let drake do an entire album without noah shewhatchamacallit 40 and see how well it comes out. also his R&B hooks are overrated too.

when drake purely raps and doesn't try to do too much he is at his best word to comeback season.

City is Mine>>>>Started from Forest Hills
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Lmao at Drake being generic. Oook. Cole isn't in the same stratosphere as Drake as an emcee from a skill perspective or artistically. Drake actually transcends music. Cole is just there. I don't think I can think of one aspect of rap Cole is better than Drake at from an objective perspective.

Stopped reading.
    Cant steal Kanye's swag and "transcend music."

You're an idiot if you think Kanye made up the word transcend. Kanye's swag? Jesus Christ have mercy on this generation.

Where did I say Kanye made up the word transcend?
    Get out of your feelings ?
    Both him and 40 were influenced HEAVY by 808s and heartbreak
    So Far Gone was the result, it caught fire and became his signature sound
    You're a lying bastard if you say otherwise
    And we're the same age ? .

My bad I misread what you said.

Yes, Kanye influenced Drake. Everyone has influences, doesn't take away from your impact. J. Cole's whole thing is College Dropout Kanye 2.0.

That isnt as blatantly obvious as Drake being influenced by 808s. Listening to Drake whether that's his own songs or his features (verses & hooks) they all sound like you can place them on a track on that Ye album. Every now and then he'll drop something completely different like Miss Me, Lord Knows, Underground Kings, etc.... but 90 somethin percent of the time its that mellowed out ? . And it didnt help that he linked up with The Weeknd at one point in life. Good for him tho, he's catapulted himseld into the fore front but unless NWTS ends up being different than his last 3 projects, this will end up being more of the same Drake.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like both equally for different purposes. I think Drake is more clever than J Cole not by a lot but J Coles content and subject matter is leaps and bounds over Aubrey.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lmao at Drake being more self absorbed. Cole talks about himelf all the damn time too..to answer the actual thread though they both are repetitive as hell in terms of topic matter. Drake always talking about his trust issues with people in general whether it be women or ? in his crew. J. Cole always talking about his struggle from The Ville and paying back Sallie Mae. Neither is really better than the other to be honest I'd rank them about evenly it just depends on who you personally like better.

"Jay-z made 13 albums about selling drugs and you ? loved every single ? one of em"- J.Cole. Tell me he's lying.. cole talks about a lot of different topics

Nah Cole tends to stick to the same few topics, he's good at them and I ? with majority of his music but I'm not going to sit and pretend that his topic matter can't get repetitive. ? half of the Cole World album he was still making punchlines about sneaking in chick's dorm rooms. Like "Ok ? I get it, you went to college"

you didn't answer the jay-z question though. Anyways:

Lights Please, Lost Ones, Grown Simba, Dreams, I Get Up, In the Morning, Never Told, Higher, Too Deep for the Intro, 2face, Premeditated Murder. Some of coles best songs, all different topics....
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.Cole been making simp record after simp record and nobody calls him out for it. Drake is better tho.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.Cole been making simp record after simp record and nobody calls him out for it. Drake is better tho.

Name these "simp songs" and I'll gladly prove u wrong.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spyda, you have a valid point.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    Options

@DetroitBoi313
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options

@DetroitBoi313

patiently waits.......
  • DetroitBoi313
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Power Trip, Can Get Enough, etc.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »
    Drake is better.

You better than that Bruse Wayne....
  • idoitforhiphop10
    Options
    Power Trip, Can Get Enough, etc.

I wanna give u the benefit of the doubt and say that your smarter than you are, but that would give you false confidence.

1) Power Trip is not some cheesy love song. It has way more depth than it leads on. He's using the suppose girl as a metaphor for hip hop. Even watch the video and you can see the symbolism. Miguel represents the corporate suits behind the record labels (hence miguel putting on that tie in the beginning). The video may look like he's murdering poor miguel out of jealous rage, but he's murdering him as a representation of how he wants to get the business suits out of the way so he can have his freedom and put his creative touch on hip hop (or the girl). It's deeper than rap bruh.

2) Can't Get Enough. Smh you would've been better off naming work out, i would've gave you that. Does quotes like "i love it when you give me head, but hate it when u give me headaches" or "I'll beat the ? up, that's the hook rite thur" sound like simpin to you?

Think before u post next time bruh.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ ? ...Did he say that himself bout Power Trip?...Cause if not gtfoh, lol...Thay song is bout a ? ...Same ? from Dreams...
  • buttuh_b
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If he's right about Power Trip then that's a watered-down ? , Don't ? My Vibe rip off.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    This ? named 2 songs to show how many simp songs j.cole makes. Lol, and one of em isn't a simp song. The other one could be i guess but thats dumb also
  • buttuh_b
    edited June 2013
    Options
    And if you just going by certain lines from Can't Get Enough then most of Drake's "simp" songs have lyrics like that through out as well.
  • DetroitBoi313
    Options
    lol at the excuses. To the general public those songs are about women. Cole has so many women catered songs. Cole doing the same thing like every other artist.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.Cole a better rapper, but Drake more confortable with himself so he makes better music.

I think J.Cole doesnt know how to make commercial records with good lyrics, its like he pulls out this lame guy everytime he gotta make a radio song...

Drake lame 24-7
  • idoitforhiphop10
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    ^^^ ? ...Did he say that himself bout Power Trip?...Cause if not gtfoh, lol...Thay song is bout a ? ...Same ? from Dreams...

Im sayin it has more depth than just "a simple love song" does it not? Otherwise prove me wrong.

@buttuh_b don't even go there wit drake bruh. Nobody simps as bad as drake. He's worser than Keith sweat

@DetroitBoi313 u can't refute nothin i said so except it defeat.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I think it's a tossup. They both got talent.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »

Im sayin it has more depth than just "a simple love song" does it not? Otherwise prove me wrong.

@buttuh_b don't even go there wit drake bruh. Nobody simps as bad as drake. He's worser than Keith sweat

@DetroitBoi313 u can't refute nothin i said so except it defeat.

May be so but he still calls girls ? in the same song and will talk about beating the ? up or whatever. Can't Get Enough is about trickin on hoes b.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    In my opinion Drake got better flow, delivery, lyrics, cadence, metaphors, punchlines, multis, songwriting, production, etc.. And it's all effortless and unforced... just real natural. Not sure what Cole does better. He's not as advanced of a rapper as people make him seem. This dude J. Cole and Mac Miller got the same flow b. People try to bite Drake's style but they can't.

It's like damn yo, that simpin ? or whatever bothers you so much you can't see how talented Drake is?? I'm not taking it for granted, in a game that's lacking talent.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao at Drake being more self absorbed. Cole talks about himelf all the damn time too..to answer the actual thread though they both are repetitive as hell in terms of topic matter. Drake always talking about his trust issues with people in general whether it be women or ? in his crew. J. Cole always talking about his struggle from The Ville and paying back Sallie Mae. Neither is really better than the other to be honest I'd rank them about evenly it just depends on who you personally like better.

"Jay-z made 13 albums about selling drugs and you ? loved every single ? one of em"- J.Cole. Tell me he's lying.. cole talks about a lot of different topics

lmaooo, he said that? No respect for his boss.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole is a better mc, Drake is a more polished artist right now though. Coles production holds his music back imo
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    @usmarin3 someone made a thread that needs your attention in Donkey homie.