OFFICIAL 2013-2014 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You defend Lebron etc through team defense anyway...and when it matters put Kobe on him, he owns Lebron

http://youtu.be/6XxsN8jITds
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lake show will be much better this year. a lot of teams will be tanking this yr and a 5 or 6 slot is available.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign we will have a cohesion.. that we didnt have for a few reasons last year..

Injuries
    multiple coaching changes/philosophy
    Force feeding Howard
    More than Capable back up guards
    Scoring of the bench from dynamic players
    motivated healthy Pau
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The lakers line up is pretty well rounded, I think yall main concern is whether D'antoni can coach the team to a championship level. But yall got the squad to contend now.

Really it was just the role players and bench that was looking shaky. Yall have the stars in place to compete.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    killap wrote: »
    I had to read up on Johnson. I think he can be solid for us, he's a better defender than young and doesn't take many ill advised shots. Still don't wanna see him matched up against Lebron

If that's the case they should have kept ron. the sf position is deep. lebron, melo, george, durant, pierce.

False, were talking 16MM vs 4MM it was a no brainer
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need a stretch 4 ASAP....
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    I had to read up on Johnson. I think he can be solid for us, he's a better defender than young and doesn't take many ill advised shots. Still don't wanna see him matched up against Lebron

If that's the case they should have kept ron. the sf position is deep. lebron, melo, george, durant, pierce.

False, were talking 16MM vs 4MM it was a no brainer

good point. I wasn't even thinking about the money.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »
    The lakers line up is pretty well rounded, I think yall main concern is whether D'antoni can coach the team to a championship level. But yall got the squad to contend now.

Really it was just the role players and bench that was looking shaky. Yall have the stars in place to compete.

No they don't they'll be a 7-8 seed and will suck defensively
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U mad our squad is ? on the bulls already? Stop hoping praying and begging lakers players like pau, artest, etc will be traded or released and join your ? ass bulls squad....

CARLOS ? IS WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR.

YA LAWWWWWWWWSTTT LITTLE ? , DEAL WITH IT.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL when I saw you clicked reaction I knew you heavily disagreed with that.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL when I saw you clicked reaction I knew you heavily disagreed with that.

Thunder
    Clippers
    Spurs
    Warriors
    Rockets
    Grizzlies

^All will be better than the lakers.You can see my opinion causes mad feelins these emotional lames can't handle the truth.Lol @ the lakers being competitive next year they're gonna suck just like they did last year.Who's the lakers best defender now? Kobe? wes johnson? Lmao.Being a bottom seed and losing in the 1st round isnt being competitive
  • DaBull
    Options
    white folks was heated when Kobe put that Fredrick Douglas quote out yesterday about the Trayvon Martin case
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long a Nash and his invisible defense is there la in trouble. Yall should kept earl Clark and let him play with Hill and Pau.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign. Earl Clark was a big loss. Now that I think about it, who does the Lakers have as their PF? Hill hustles, but at the same time he's a hack and he's injury prone.

Mitch needs to pick up a stretch 4 or at least a forward that can run the floor.
  • aneed123
    Options
    Clarke earned a opportunity don't know why he was allowed to leave. Young and Johnson are good pickups but not huge game changers. Defensively effort wise arrest gonna be missed. Its gonna be a long first half of the season cuz an Achilles takes a while to get back from
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Earl Clark got a bigger a payday from the Cavs so the Lakers let him walk. We couldn't have paid him that no way thus why we signing cats to minimum deals.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SAS said D'antoni used to sh*t on Clark all the time and was not surprised he left.
  • aneed123
    Options
    Dantoni is a buffoon
  • killap
    Options
    Clark wanted that multi yr so he had to go somewhere else with that...As far as us not being competitive next yr I think the way things are shaking up if you make the playoffs in the west you have a chance thats how good the parity is. Now people we are targeting would be Odom, Vujacic, and Josh Powell. If Dr. Buss was here today he would of eliminated Odom by now for making him wait this long to decide. I know Kobe doesn't make anyone better but all of these former Lakers had their best seasons with the Lakers but it's just a coincidence. As far as our defense next yr...we should just plan on scoring...A LOT!!!
  • DaBull
    Options
    agree, to be honest the spurs didn't play great defense the last 2years, they just scored efficiently and won games by not turning the ball over. offense can take you far if u limit mistakes .
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant ahead of schedule
    By Arash Markazi

ESPNLosAngeles.com

The Los Angeles Lakers not only expect Kobe Bryant to be back by the start of the regular season but believe he could be back by the preseason.

Lakers vice president Jim Buss told NBA TV on Thursday that Bryant is ahead of schedule in his recovery from the torn Achilles tendon he suffered in April. Buss expects Bryant to play in a preseason game.

"Well, we're in Vegas, and I would bet a lot of money that this guy comes back probably in preseason," Buss said during the Lakers-Milwaukee Bucks game at the Las Vegas Summer League. "He's real sharp in taking care of himself and he's not going to rush anything just to get back and prove a point. He's going to come back when he's right. He's a machine. He's inhuman. I see him coming back at the beginning of this season. I can't believe how much he's progressed so far."

Bryant previously had said he was ahead of schedule and would begin getting more active in his rehabilitation next month heading into training camp, which begins in October. The initial timetable for his recovery was six to nine months, and six months would have Bryant back sometime during training camp.

When Bryant does come back, he will be returning to a Lakers team without Dwight Howard, after the Lakers' pursuit of the All-Star center fell short when he decided to sign with the Houston Rockets.

Buss said Howard's decision will not set the Lakers back for long and the focus has quickly shifted toward making a big splash in free agency next summer.

"When we traded for him, we basically knew we were renting him for a year," Buss said. "We were prepared. [Lakers general manager] Mitch [Kupchak] and I, we had quite a few meetings. If he leaves, this is what's going to happen, this is what we're going to do, and if he stays, this is what's going to happen, this is what we're going to do. It's not like I didn't want him to stay, but we were very prepared, so it wasn't a shock to our system or the Lakers' fans or the Lakers' organization that if he left, he would put us in a bad spot. We were OK either way, because we prepared for it."
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe, I know your not a human being but please slow down my dude... Kobe is that ? , he's about to prove he deserves more than 1 MVP this year if he can get his "Bionic Bean" on.... Can't wait to see Kobe yamm on D. Howard, you know if he gots any hops he's gonna try for it!
  • killap
    Options
    We got two spots left and on the radar we got...

Vujacic
    Odom
    Powell
    Douglas-Roberts
    Shawne Williams

Not sure if any of them is a game changer at this point but I will say if we can get the best out of Odom he can be like Diaw was in his phx days except better
  • killap
    Options
    I think next years team might be "deeper" than last yrs

Gasol/Kaman/Sacre
    Hill/Kelly
    Johnson/Young
    Bryant/Meeks
    Nash/Blake/Farmar

I put Farmar behind Blake but I do expect him to play a good amount, due to lots of rest for Nash and Kobe and Meeks will probably see time at the 3
  • killap
    Options
    We got two spots left and on the radar we got...

Vujacic
    Odom
    Powell
    Douglas-Roberts
    Shawne Williams
    Marcus Landry

Not sure if any of them is a game changer at this point but I will say if we can get the best out of Odom he can be like Diaw was in his phx days except better

I forgot about Landry he is showing up in summer league and we actually have 3 spots I just think we will leave one open

This discussion has been closed.