The Official 2013-2014 Football (Soccer) Thread.

Options

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen Caulker has impressed me this preseason. Looks like a great signing for Cardiff.
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless your team has experienced this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV5xpweO62c

Then please - take a chill pill, OK!

Once a European Champion Always a European champion.

In recent memory, only TWO OTHER EPL teams can relate to being European Champions: Man U and Chelsea. So much for being a SMALL FRY, I guess Chelsea and Man U are small fries, right? Right?

Am done here!
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo went to the United/Wigan Charity Shield final 2day, took My lil nephew to his first United game haha

We literiallly nearly sat on the pitch, we where only 6 rows back, I could of had a convo with the players...

photo_zps9f0089de.png

photo_zpsd1f8dcb6.png

photo_zps2bdda70c.png

photo_zps44f20e48.jpg

photo_zps602c65f5.jpg

photo_zpse101ab2f.jpg

photo_zps72038b29.jpg

photo_zps22380bd1.jpg

photo_zps48ffa819.jpg

photo_zpsdc50e459.jpg

photo_zps57865ec5.jpg

photo_zpsda2007a1.jpg

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe Wigan only took 6,000 fans. Shocking support.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bild reporting weve bid for Gustavo €21m...they are almost nvr wrong when it comes to bundesliga stories...that shud be accepted btw
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Good to have Moyes get a trophy under his belt... Zaha wasnt to great though, he tried way to many tricks, Januzaj was wicked for the 10mins he got though... RVP said he wants 5 trophies this year haha
  • Gooner
    Options
    RvP will never win another major trophy at united...feel free to throw this in my face if im wrong
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    I can't believe Wigan only took 6,000 fans. Shocking support.

foreal??? there must of been more, we had 50,000 and there was 80,000 fans... though it looked like there was only 6,000 to be fair so wouldnt be suprised if thats all they brought down... considering they are in the championship now you think they would of jumped at a wembley day out against united...
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good to have Moyes get a trophy under his belt... Zaha wasnt to great though, he tried way to many tricks, Januzaj was wicked for the 10mins he got though... JVP said he wants 5 trophies this year haha

Ain't happening.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    RvP will never win another major trophy at united...feel free to throw this in my face if im wrong

So as of right now, who got taking the PL this season?
  • water ur seeds
    Options

if he doesnt, its still one more than he would of got at arsenal L-)

and i think the charity shield should be considered a major trophy really, the prem league winners v fa cup winners, in theory that should be united, city, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal playing each other... but the fact the fa cup is barely a major trophy these days its not surprised its not considered one...
  • Gooner
    edited August 2013
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »

So as of right now, who got taking the PL this season?

as of right now w/o any more additions? 1.city 2. chelsea .......... 3.united 4.arsenal
  • Gooner
    Options

maybe? maybe not? who knows

• Gooner
    Options

and i think the charity shield should be considered a major trophy really, the prem league winners v fa cup winners, in theory that should be united, city, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal playing each other... but the fact the fa cup is barely a major trophy these days its not surprised its not considered one...

jiFfM.jpg

• Gooner
    Options
    1.charity shield will nvr be a major trophy...
    2. when did FA cup stop being a major trophy?
  • water ur seeds
    edited August 2013
    Options

maybe? maybe not? who knows

578548_darkgrey_nike_clothing_bo_knows_cree_ss_tee1.jpg

RVP knows to...
  • DNB1
    Options
    Interesting, top 3 teams with new managers.

Got the same top 3, different order and Spurs in fourth.
  • Gooner
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Interesting, top 3 teams with new managers.

Got the same top 3, different order and Spurs in fourth.
    ask me again at the end of the month after transfers and united cud b 4th honestly...and yeah yeah yeah spurs will finish above us...how many more times must that prediction be proven foolish for ppl to keep making it?

• northside7
    Options
    bild reporting weve bid for Gustavo €21m...they are almost nvr wrong when it comes to bundesliga stories...that shud be accepted btw

This needs to happen very soon. I want a signing/signings by Friday!!

And the FA Cup is still a major trophy. After the CL, the FA Cup is the second best cup competition in the world.
  • water ur seeds
    Options

You serious??? The FA Cup gets more and more less prestigious every year, managers often now play their youth and fringe players in it, back in the day it was more important than the League... Ask your oldman, kids used to dream of winning the FA Cup not the League, even I dont get that excited about the FA Cup anymore, it lost its excitement when teams stopped taking it as serious... Best thing about it is the away days lower league teams get out of it...

Reason being theres waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more money in the League/Prem and the Champions League, you could say Sky Sports and The Prem help ruin it... Even in the first few years of the Prem it was big, but every year Prem got more and more investment and the FA Cup became more of a hinderance to teams in there Prem and European campaigns...

Obvious its still A major trophy, and The Charity Shield is not gonna be classed as one, I still it the first game after Pre Season, more its still (usually) a competitive game, ask City fans when they beat us in the final the other year if they thought it was a big deal...
  • DNB1
    Options
    The FA cup can be important depending on the season you're having.

Especially, if it gets to the point that it might be your only silverware that season.
  • Gooner
    Options
    first this....

You serious??? The FA Cup gets more and more less prestigious every year,

Then this

Obvious its still A major trophy

in the same post...y go on a rant if u gonna jus end up agreeing w me? lmao
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol, check your years
    UEFA Trophy >> FA Cup

Pretty sure that we are the last FA Cup winners - between you & us. Could be wrong
  • northside7
    Options
    This PL Club Guide on NBC is pretty good.