The Younger Generation has No Classic LPs

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Theodis wrote: »

its a gotdamn shame that i almost said Godsmack....Rock has been ? for a while.

nah...some good stuff has dropped over this last decade
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about chamillionaire I thought his albums were classics.
    His stuff may be "regional classics" at best. He definately gets credit for pioneering the use of the internet and mixtapes to get on independently in Rap.

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited September 2013
    Options

Thats one hell of a first post b and just cause its your 1st I aint gonna hit u with a no-sign but welcome to the IC.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

nah...

yep, rock fell the ? off when Crazytown and Linkin Park came out...
    rocks last great voice was dude from Korn...

hybrid theory was a classic, maybe things fell off in the mainstream, but the sub genres of rock have produce several personal classics, lol even tho im a fan of them im kinda surprised u say korn cuz linkin park comes from that style
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One of the funniest posts I've read in some time, respect.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    College Dropout was the last True Classic Solo LP

SpeakerBox/Lovebelow last great Group LP

Blacksummersnight last great R&B LP

I'd replace College Dropout with Life is Good
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can anyone name like 10 classics in this current era?

i think the last classic album i heard was Kanye's MBDTF

I don't think that album is Classic. Kanye only classics to me is Late Registration and College Dropout.

And the New Generation just arrived ? just got 2 albums in.... There was like a 6 year grace period of One Hit wonders inHip Hop.

What other classic dropped besides GKMC because it seems like that's the only one people can mention.

I agree with you saying was a 6 year grace period of one hit wonders but i don't think it was like that compared to the 80's & 90's.

In the Early 80s there wasn't back to back classics like 94-96... I think ppl need to let ? breathe and pick back up. ? just spoiled Brats who don't know how to let things be and appreciate it for what it is. I'm not listening to every album wanting it to be Classic and I'm sure that's not how it was back then ppl appreciated the music for what it was.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2013
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2013
    Options

nah...

yep, rock fell the ? off when Crazytown and Linkin Park came out...
    rocks last great voice was dude from Korn...

hybrid theory was a classic, maybe things fell off in the mainstream, but the sub genres of rock have produce several personal classics, lol even tho im a fan of them im kinda surprised u say korn cuz linkin park comes from that style

dont mean dude got pipes.

you know dude from korn had a unique voice especially when he tried to harmonize.
    i think his pipes are very well showcased on Somebody SOmeone.

only group that has ever come close happens to be his own blood.

who? adema?

and yea he's a dope vocalist/singer, but there have been some dope ones to come out since he has
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

I don't think that album is Classic. Kanye only classics to me is Late Registration and College Dropout.

And the New Generation just arrived ? just got 2 albums in.... There was like a 6 year grace period of One Hit wonders inHip Hop.

What other classic dropped besides GKMC because it seems like that's the only one people can mention.

I agree with you saying was a 6 year grace period of one hit wonders but i don't think it was like that compared to the 80's & 90's.

In the Early 80s there wasn't back to back classics like 94-96... I think ppl need to let ? breathe and pick back up. ? just spoiled Brats who don't know how to let things be and appreciate it for what it is. I'm not listening to every album wanting it to be Classic and I'm sure that's not how it was back then ppl appreciated the music for what it was.

Ain't nobody checking for classics everytime. I don't even complain about today's music, I just stick to underground ? and give my opinion when asked. Ain't nobody doing what your accusing ? of doing, but one thing is for sure, ain't no more originality in hip hop
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ain't nobody checking for classics everytime. I don't even complain about today's music, I just stick to underground ? and give my opinion when asked. Ain't nobody doing what your accusing ? of doing, but one thing is for sure, ain't no more originality in hip hop

I think there's Originality but are we talking about Mainstream or Rap in general. And tbh the lines of Mainstream and Underground is Blurred because of the Internet prime example is a dude like Joey Bada$$ he's very known in Mainstream but doesn't have 1 song on the Radio.

But
    Danny Brown
    Ab Soul
    Chance theRapper
    Flatbush Zombies

All have Originality IMO but ppl call it weird but I like it.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look out for Big Sean!
  • walwyn
    walwyn Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good Kid Ma.a.d City and Food & Liqour

Add The Minstrel Show
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blu- Below the Heavens
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the issue here. If we're talking mainstream albums as the only basis, then basically yes. Kendrick had a dope ass album. Cole got a good album. Rest of these ? ain't making nothing in the mainstream that's heavy. I think MUSICALLY, underground ? have classic albums. That's where the essence of hip hop usually is. But when ya'll talking mainstream wise, then of course not. None of these artists have even made an impact substantially enough to have the masses all agree for the most part on an album being a classic.

Not that these ? aren't capable of it. Music is also more disposable in this day and age as well.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Blu- Below the Heavens

Hands down a classic.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im sorry. but i just have to laugh at the irony of complaining about the lack of good performing artist... when we've defunded performing arts...
    Claasic Hip Hop and the birth of Hip Hop started when music programs in NYC were defunded, thus the void of artist with instumental background and the upturn in drum machines and turntables.

• Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "College Dropout" was the last true Hip Hop Classic and that was 9 years ago.
    MBDTF
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    lol i thought we were over this whole bashing the younger generation ? . GKMC is a classic in my opinion. We are 3 years into the new decade let this new school breathe. Im sick of yall mid life crisis, metabolism slowing down just starting to get back problems ass ? ? about the younger generation.

Guess who spoiled the younger generation? Guess who ran away and didn't raise sons now they act like ? ? Guess why many youngns don't know about what makes good hip hop? Its cause yall 70's and 80's ? baby ass ? ain't do your ? damn job.

Post of the year
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Gkmc>>>life is good
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im sorry. but i just have to laugh at the irony of complaining about the lack of good performing artist... when we've defunded performing arts...

sad but true the only place to really learn to play or perform nowadays is at the church. If you not the youngn learning the church ? or a yougn singing in the choir but thats about it. Many of these schools cutting programs cause their budget is in the whole. The ones that have programs are mostly lackluster to what they were years ago.