A big-bang theory gets a big boost: Evidence that vast cosmos was created in split second

Options

Comments

• Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Da Riddler wrote: »
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Evolution is observed all the time.

Show me a monkey that turned into a human. Matter of fact show me a fish that hopped out of water and turned into a giraffe. Don't worry i'll wait................

Show me a ? who lived inside a whales stomach for 3 days just chillin, dont worry Ill wait............

Read the book of Jonah. And get the terminology right if your going to use biblical examples.

"Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
    " Jonah 1:17

2 things to note

1. The LORD "prepared" a great fish to carry out His plan. No where in the text is the "great fish" called a whale.

2. The swallowing of Jonah by the "great fish" is a picture of the LORD Jesus Christ burial and resurrection. Thus it is safe to assume that Jonah actually died while in the belly of the "great fish" and was resurrected back to life when the "great fish" spit jonah back out on the 3rd day.

"A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah. And he left them, and departed." Matthew 16:4

How can you understand heavenly things, if you can't even understand earthly things?

Matthew Chap 12 Verse 40

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth

I grew up in the church bruh, dont test my gangsta

and lol @ jonah dying and resurrecting , blashphemous mf.

Lol folk you read words..I can tell you do when you read the bible

I'll take another verse..Jesus spoke to the ppl and said destroy the temple and I will rebuild it in 3 days...Most of you ? if not all and the ? back then were like that's dumb it took years to build that temple..but yet missed the whole point when he was speakin about the body....

you gotta look past the words on the paper...yall through out and pull out stuff from the bible but don't understand the reference and meaning and manner in which the text speaks on
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Show me a monkey that turned into a human. Matter of fact show me a fish that hopped out of water and turned into a giraffe. Don't worry i'll wait................

Show me a ? who lived inside a whales stomach for 3 days just chillin, dont worry Ill wait............

Read the book of Jonah. And get the terminology right if your going to use biblical examples.

"Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

2 things to note

1. The LORD "prepared" a great fish to carry out His plan. No where in the text is the "great fish" called a whale.

2. The swallowing of Jonah by the "great fish" is a picture of the LORD Jesus Christ burial and resurrection. Thus it is safe to assume that Jonah actually died while in the belly of the "great fish" and was resurrected back to life when the "great fish" spit jonah back out on the 3rd day.

"A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah. And he left them, and departed." Matthew 16:4

How can you understand heavenly things, if you can't even understand earthly things?

Matthew Chap 12 Verse 40

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth

Is anything too hard for ? ? ? has raised the dead on numerous occasions. Have you read the scriptures? And as a matter of fact, ? will raise ALL who have ever lived back to life on the last day! Some to everlasting life and some to everlasting shame and contempt.

Do you know Him today my friend?
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anansi wrote: »
    Science deals with facts
    Religion deals with faith

Keep your faith and i'll stick to my facts....smh at a grown man leaning on some book with stories like a man walked on water and raised the dead after 3 days while the same book talks of ? women and killing children.

Faith is based on evidence. Amen.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

My friend, you're not in the audience of an illiterate. Faith is not based on evidence; "strong belief or trust in someone or something" (Faith)

Don't bring the Bible into discourse with an intellect please.....I knew him once and i have no need for him again. Thanks.
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Wtf g? Evolution doesnt happen over night. You cant be born an ape and turn to a human at 20. Smh at people actively asking for this type of proof

Folk you keeping saying it doesn't happen overnight..

What has happened since the existence of mankind??

List a few things if you don't mind

How about the fact that we grew an average of 4 inches taller in the past 150 years? If you walk into a house built in the early 1800s, you will see how small the doorways and roofs are. Why? Human beings were smaller. We grew 4 inches taller on average as speicies in the last 150 years? Proven fact. You can see with your eyes. Simple.

Humans have various ranges of heights. Your saying nothing with your post. There have been giants that lived on the earth before, but you don't see them anymore. Greek mythology was based on the giants that once walked on the earth. The most famous giant to ever live is recorded in the Bible, Goliath. So what are you truly saying?

What giants g? Ancient greeks found dinosaur fossils and got shocked at the size of the bones and made up myths of giants to explain it. All myths. Not one greek has ever wrote about getting in contact with the giants thay existed.

Now cant blame greeks. We talking about 2 to 3 thousand years ago. Humans werent nearly as advanced. So they explained the big bones through creating myths of giants. Now, in the year 2014 whats your excuse of believing giants roamed the earth?

What? Bruh. I don't even know where to begin with this. You need to do some research on greek mythology. Google is your friend because I don't even feel like explaining this to you. Here i'll help you in your search. Google "greek mythology and giants". Amen.

And there are human beings who are still born incredibly tall, so that proves to me that there were once giants. But all I need is the authority of the scriptures to tell me that there were giants on the earth before. Probably the top 5 bible stories that is known throughout the world involves a giant. But Goliath was only a remnant of the race of giants, there were bigger giants than him. And i'm not even getting into what was on the earth before the flood of Noah, there were SUPER GIANTS called the nephelim who once walked the earth. They were monstrous. And greek mythology is based on them. Study up some bruh bruh. Amen.

Dude Abe Lincole was tall..he he's been dead over 100 years around the time he said ppl were making roofs and small doorways because of this...slaves were tall..black men were tall..Africans were tall
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    IN THE TORAH IT SAYS ´´IN THE BEGGINING CREATED ? THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH.´´

SOMETHING ELSE CREATED ? .AND BY THE WAY..... THE HEAVENS...NOT HEAVEN.
    THE HEAVENS WAS CREATED IN THE SECOND DAY AND THE EARTH IN THE THIRD.

? is the uncreated cause. He had no beginning and he will have no end. He is from everlasting to everlasting. He is the beginning and He is the end. The Alpha and the Omega. The first and the last. Hallelujah!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Wtf g? Evolution doesnt happen over night. You cant be born an ape and turn to a human at 20. Smh at people actively asking for this type of proof

Folk you keeping saying it doesn't happen overnight..

What has happened since the existence of mankind??

List a few things if you don't mind

How about the fact that we grew an average of 4 inches taller in the past 150 years? If you walk into a house built in the early 1800s, you will see how small the doorways and roofs are. Why? Human beings were smaller. We grew 4 inches taller on average as speicies in the last 150 years? Proven fact. You can see with your eyes. Simple.

Humans have various ranges of heights. Your saying nothing with your post. There have been giants that lived on the earth before, but you don't see them anymore. Greek mythology was based on the giants that once walked on the earth. The most famous giant to ever live is recorded in the Bible, Goliath. So what are you truly saying?

What giants g? Ancient greeks found dinosaur fossils and got shocked at the size of the bones and made up myths of giants to explain it. All myths. Not one greek has ever wrote about getting in contact with the giants thay existed.

Now cant blame greeks. We talking about 2 to 3 thousand years ago. Humans werent nearly as advanced. So they explained the big bones through creating myths of giants. Now, in the year 2014 whats your excuse of believing giants roamed the earth?

What? Bruh. I don't even know where to begin with this. You need to do some research on greek mythology. Google is your friend because I don't even feel like explaining this to you. Here i'll help you in your search. Google "greek mythology and giants". Amen.

And there are human beings who are still born incredibly tall, so that proves to me that there were once giants. But all I need is the authority of the scriptures to tell me that there were giants on the earth before. Probably the top 5 bible stories that is known throughout the world involves a giant. But Goliath was only a remnant of the race of giants, there were bigger giants than him. And i'm not even getting into what was on the earth before the flood of Noah, there were SUPER GIANTS called the nephelim who once walked the earth. They were monstrous. And greek mythology is based on them. Study up some bruh bruh. Amen.

Some humans are born taller then others so that proves giants existed. Excellent deduction. You can give sherlock holmes a run for his money.

For real though. I cant ? with you. Lets just agree to disagree

There is nothing to disagree about. Giants existed. ? said it, i believe it, that settles it. You can tell me that water doesn't exist, doesn't mean I am going to agree to disagree. Amen.
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »

We understand what you're saying but it seems you don't understand what we're saying.

You say it takes millions of years for evolution to happen that's sweet and dandy. But that would mean humans and other animals have been the way they are for millions of years right? No matter how you look at it, there should be some creatures that have been around for millions of years that should be evolving or on the verge of evolving...but we never hear or see any of it because its all make believe. A dog has always been a dog.

Don't give me that's not how it works ? . Instead drop some knowledge to prove your point. We're not saying you should show us a dog give birth to a wolf. Even if it is small changes over millions of years, we should hear of something change throughout history but we have not.

Next I'm going to be hearing men use to have 4 fingers but sprouted a fifth finger to adapt to harsh hunting conditions or some ? .
    Why?

By you stance evolution is always evolving..change is always happening..why all of sudden evolution is put on a halt on transforming animals/humans...
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »

We understand what you're saying but it seems you don't understand what we're saying.

You say it takes millions of years for evolution to happen that's sweet and dandy. But that would mean humans and other animals have been the way they are for millions of years right? No matter how you look at it, there should be some creatures that have been around for millions of years that should be evolving or on the verge of evolving...but we never hear or see any of it because its all make believe. A dog has always been a dog.

Don't give me that's not how it works ? . Instead drop some knowledge to prove your point. We're not saying you should show us a dog give birth to a wolf. Even if it is small changes over millions of years, we should hear of something change throughout history but we have not.

Next I'm going to be hearing men use to have 4 fingers but sprouted a fifth finger to adapt to harsh hunting conditions or some ? .
    Why?

The real question is why not? Things evolve to more intelligent beings right? I see no reason why they would just stop all of a sudden unless if they were never evolving in the first place...which happens to be my argument.

Actually life does not have to evolve to be smarter life evolves to survive nothing else
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options

2 things to note

Matthew Chap 12 Verse 40

Lol folk you read words..I can tell you do when you read the bible

I'll take another verse..Jesus spoke to the ppl and said destroy the temple and I will rebuild it in 3 days...Most of you ? if not all and the ? back then were like that's dumb it took years to build that temple..but yet missed the whole point when he was speakin about the body....

you gotta look past the words on the paper...yall through out and pull out stuff from the bible but don't understand the reference and meaning and manner in which the text speaks on

Df is you talkin bout, he said there was no where in the bible that said jonah was inside a whale and I showed it was.

Lol @ you ? on your own argument by sayin the bible shouldnt be taken literal
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Science deals with facts

Keep your faith and i'll stick to my facts....smh at a grown man leaning on some book with stories like a man walked on water and raised the dead after 3 days while the same book talks of ? women and killing children.

yall really think science is completely based on "facts" even scientists will tell you this is false... some of the things science is based off of is "educated guesses"

also yall REALLY need 2 say "christianity" instead of "religion" when it comes 2 this ? ... all religions are not the same...
  • Rasta.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Science deals with facts

yall really think science is completely based on "facts" even scientists will tell you this is false... some of the things science is based off of is "educated guesses"

also yall REALLY need 2 say "christianity" instead of "religion" when it comes 2 this ? ... all religions are not the same...

Have you been reading my posts or just saw this?
    Science makes an educated guess and sets out to prove or disprove it-Fact!

And my audience keeps referring to the Bible thus i have to address that. If a Muslim posted from the Quran, i'd answer likewise befitting.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Science deals with facts

It was once believed to be a fact that the earth was flat. The whole evolution theory is just as bogus.

chip-evolution-640.gif

Yall all up in your feeling about this too. Most of us are just trolling at this point.

Which one are you arguing? Science makes a claim and sets out to disprove or maintain that claim. Many explorers were hesitant to explore cos they believed they'd "fall off" due to a belief on Biblical interpretation of the earth. No book has held man from progress than the Bible.

Now tell me one thing the Bible has said that's fact....

so i guesd the Chinese... and hindus didnt have a belief system then huh...

i see yo beef is with christianity not religion...
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Science deals with facts

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

My friend, you're not in the audience of an illiterate. Faith is not based on evidence; "strong belief or trust in someone or something" (Faith)

Don't bring the Bible into discourse with an intellect please.....I knew him once and i have no need for him again. Thanks.

Faith is based on evidence. Did you not read Hebrews 11:1?

? proves His existence when you come to Him. I know that ? exists because HE has given me EVIDENCE of His existence on numerous occasions, thus strengthening my FAITH in Him.

? is not a ? who wants to play hide and go seek with you my friend. If you come to Him and acknowledge your need for Him, He will give you evidence that He is real. Will you taste and see that the LORD is good?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A hypothesis is an educated guess that can be tested. A scientific theory is a hypothesis tested and peer reviewed. Damn how many times do we got to say this.
  • Rasta.
    Options
    Science deals with facts

It was once believed to be a fact that the earth was flat. The whole evolution theory is just as bogus.

chip-evolution-640.gif

Yall all up in your feeling about this too. Most of us are just trolling at this point.

Which one are you arguing? Science makes a claim and sets out to disprove or maintain that claim. Many explorers were hesitant to explore cos they believed they'd "fall off" due to a belief on Biblical interpretation of the earth. No book has held man from progress than the Bible.

Now tell me one thing the Bible has said that's fact....

so i guesd the Chinese... and hindus didnt have a belief system then huh...

i see yo beef is with christianity not religion...

Reread my previous post please. I have a grasp of The Bible/Quran so i'll argue my stance when the audience is such. Religion is the single most useless institution man has ever created.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lmao....Ill be quoting this for months
  • Rasta.
    Options
    Science deals with facts

? proves His existence when you come to Him. I know that ? exists because HE has given me EVIDENCE of His existence on numerous occasions, thus strengthening my FAITH in Him.

? is not a ? who wants to play hide and go seek with you my friend. If you come to Him and acknowledge your need for Him, He will give you evidence that He is real. Will you taste and see that the LORD is good?

Your ? is a jealous ? and anyone who has jealousy is irrational and that does not agree with my conscience and consciousness.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Science deals with facts

Your ? is a jealous ? and anyone who has jealousy is irrational and that does not agree with my conscience and consciousness.

Not sure if you a man or woman, but if your s/o or child loves another person more than you..you wouldn't be jealous?? somebody you gave life too and gave your last..and your child ? on your exsitence and calls the teacher at his school mom...you may brush it off the 1st 8 months..as times climbs..you wouldn't feel a bit jealous??
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So is Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny real or nah?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    @Knock_Twice‌
    @douwant2go2heaven?

I want you to two to print out everything yall posted in this thread....carefully read it ......then throw it the ? away
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, this thread could have been great.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They're about as real as evolution.
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    @Knock_Twice‌
    @douwant2go2heaven?

I want you to two to print out everything yall posted in this thread....carefully read it ......then throw it the ? away

You do the same my boy.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They're about as real as evolution.

I mean the stories has been passed down written and documented. Must be real. Amen.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, this thread could have been great.

Sorry for ruining it, I just had to do what most cats do anytime Christianity is brought up. Saw an opportunity to turn the table and took it.

It's nice to see them all in their feelings for once.