Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

Options

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So tyrion about to die? Cersei ain't letting that ? slide whether he did it or not. He cant prove ? . Maaaaaannn if they do then that's messed up.
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The most etherous thing abou Joffrey dying is I think the Lannisters just handed the Kingdom over to the Tyrells, because Joffrey Married ole girl and he didnt have a son, so it auto goes to her family

They didn't consummate the marriage, so "officially" speaking the never got married
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of y'all have Cersei and Joffrey's characters a little confused.

Cersei is bitter and scornful because of the loss of her mother (whom she obviously blames Tyrion for). In turn she tries her best to be the best mother she can be to her children. The problem is in her over protectiveness she raised a monster (Joffrey) because he never knew discipline or what it meant to be humble or the value of life. She has another flaw but I can't get into that without spoilers so I'll abstain.

Joffrey is just the definition of 'Affluenza'. He literally does not realize the consequences or fallout of his actions. Even Robert said it when he said maybe if he spent more time raising him he may have came out a decent human being. Joffrey is a mama's boy because his father Robert neglected him and basically treated him like he meant nothing to him his whole life which in turn made Joffrey cold blooded to the point he only has love for his mother and only fears the one person who can control his mother, her father Tywin.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The most etherous thing abou Joffrey dying is I think the Lannisters just handed the Kingdom over to the Tyrells, because Joffrey Married ole girl and he didnt have a son, so it auto goes to her family

They didn't consummate the marriage, so "officially" speaking the never got married

True. I have this rule with any chick. If she aint shown what that mouf do, she aint my girl.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cersei is bitter and scornful because of the loss of her mother (whom she obviously blames Tyrion for). In turn she tries her best to be the best mother she can be to her children. The problem is in her over protectiveness she raised a monster (Joffrey) because he never knew discipline or what it meant to be humble or the value of life. She has another flaw but I can't get into that without spoilers so I'll abstain.

Joffrey is just the definition of 'Affluenza'. He literally does not realize the consequences or fallout of his actions. Even Robert said it when he said maybe if he spent more time raising him he may have came out a decent human being. Joffrey is a mama's boy because his father Robert neglected him and basically treated him like he meant nothing to him his whole life which in turn made Joffrey cold blooded to the point he only has love for his mother and only fears the one person who can control his mother, her father Tywin.

Reasons don't matter. She's a ? and is was a son of ? . Tyrion's dad didn't love him either.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't really think your characterizations properly fit either of them. There is a reason Cersei hates Tyrion and the loss of her mother really isn't it. Also, she loves her children, but being the best mother she can isn't a primary motivation for anything she does. Cersei is just greedy and overly ambitious. She believes that if she was a man she'd be the next Tywin, but unfortunately for her, as Tywin said, she's not half as clever as she thinks he is.

Joffrey is just pure evil. There is nothing to suggest that Robert's lack of presence is to blame for that. Robert suggests it could be the case, but based on everything we see, Joffrey is just evil to the core. He's the kind of kid that puts on a certain face when his parents are around, but acts completely different when they aren't.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't sleep on Littlefinger as the possible new kingslayer
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Cersei has and will do a lot of twisted ish but she did not "make" Jaime push Bran out the window. They had an argument about it two episodes later where she sons him for not havin tried to just scare the kid instead. Jaime pushed him out because he was just reacting and figured it was the easiest way, not thinking through the consequences; Cersei never suggested he give the lil wolf a shove. Jaime's never been too good on the thinking thing as Poppa Tywin has sonned him about on multiple occasions.

BTW Jaime gotta be all kinds of stank inside for failing to protect Joffrey even if he thought that spawn of his wadn't ? .
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't really think your characterizations properly fit either of them. There is a reason Cersei hates Tyrion and the loss of her mother really isn't it. Also, she loves her children, but being the best mother she can isn't a primary motivation for anything she does. Cersei is just greedy and overly ambitious. She believes that if she was a man she'd be the next Tywin, but unfortunately for her, as Tywin said, she's not half as clever as she thinks he is.

Joffrey is just pure evil. There is nothing to suggest that Robert's lack of presence is to blame for that. Robert suggests it could be the case, but based on everything we see, Joffrey is just evil to the core. He's the kind of kid that puts on a certain face when his parents are around, but acts completely different when they aren't.

There is a reason why I said I wont go into Cersei's other flaw because it isn't really touched on until books 4 and 5. But she is an ineffective mother. And how does the loss of her mother not play into her hate for Tyrion?

I believe that if Robert would have been around it would have made some difference in Joffrey's case.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Wtf is going on in Winterfell tho? Don't the Greyjoys have some control up there?
  • alligatorhalfman
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    Wtf is going on in Winterfell tho? Don't the Greyjoys have some control up there?

Ramsay Snow took care of that situation. Ramsay doesn't seem to be a big fan of the Squids on the field. He does think they're tasty though.

meh.ro11610.gif

And the Greyjoys were never interested in Winterfell, just the North - that was ? Theon's solo project which Yara tried and unfortunately failed to smack him about.

tumblr_m2qne35pHu1rngkh2.gif

Be bad ? . Be bad.

• gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is a reason why I said I wont go into Cersei's other flaw because it isn't really touched on until books 4 and 5. But she is an ineffective mother. And how does the loss of her mother not play into her hate for Tyrion?

I believe that if Robert would have been around it would have made some difference in Joffrey's case.

I understand what you are doing but...
    just throwing that she believes Tyrion is
    the valonqar that will end her life
    in a spoiler tag, maybe even a double spoiler, should be sufficient
    cuz some of us don't mind getting a heads up and if we can get it from this forum instead of searching the net then that's a plus. So by all means use the spoiler tags
  • Matt-
    Options
    Yeah, the Greyjoys weren't interested in conquering, but it sounded like Bolton's troops were being held up by the Greyjoys at that one place. Why wouldn't they grant safe passage to the Bolton? Especially since Balon didn't care about them having theon
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ramsay Snow took care of that situation. Ramsay doesn't seem to be a big fan of the Squids on the field. He does think they're tasty though.

meh.ro11610.gif

And the Greyjoys were never interested in Winterfell, just the North - that was ? Theon's solo project which Yara tried and unfortunately failed to smack him about.

Be bad ? . Be bad.

What Yara and Theon do to that ? ? Ramsey ain't going to be nothing nice. Then again what the Starks do to Theon for his betrayal and leveling their home isn't going to be nothing nice either.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

I'm not saying that the loss of her mother does not play into her hate for Tyrion, so does the fact that he's an ugly dwarf. But if you've read the books, you know the primary reason she hates him is because she believes he's prophesized to bring her death. Of course, the seer just said that her brother would ? her. She just assumed it was Tyrion, but given the current climate, Jaime shouldn't be discounted.

As for Joffrey, he's clearly a sociopath. If you know anything about serial killers and the like, you know that they wind up doing the ? they do regardless of whether they have good parents or not.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theon's soul is gone. He don't wanna see Ramsay in a fair one. I do look forward to Yara putting in work though. Especially after that motivational speech she gave last season. Would like to see her battle it out with Brienne.
  • alligatorhalfman
    Options
    Yeah, the Greyjoys weren't interested in conquering, but it sounded like Bolton's troops were being held up by the Greyjoys at that one place. Why wouldn't they grant safe passage to the Bolton? Especially since Balon didn't care about them having theon

Greyjoys are in it for themselves - ? an alliance, says an Ironborn. You in the way of what they gotta do, you die or end up in their rowing galleys at best, or a salt-wife if you got the right anatomy.

Boltons ain't gonna suffer no "? -Stained Rock Dwellers" in what's now their and by extension the Crown's lands neither even if crazy-ass Ramsay don't get to partake in his favorite hobby. But remember, the Iron Born are the "savages" *smmfh*

800px-Ramsay_Bolton_and_Reek.jpg
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Starks should have wiped the Boltons off the map like the Lainters did the Reynes. How could you trust a house with skinless flayed men as their sigil?
  • Matt-
    Options
    I can't recall where bran and his crew are actually at. Aren't they already north of the wall? and he wants to continue on north? The reeds gotta be like hell no and when they find the 3 eyes raven and he's like "gotcha ? " and it's really Ramsey, feelings will be caught
  • alligatorhalfman
    Options
    The Starks should have wiped the Boltons off the map like the Lainters did the Reynes. How could you trust a house with skinless flayed men as their sigil?

Wondered this myself. I'm not the best on the lore of the Houses but reading and watching the blu-ray supplements I think the story goes that the Boltons became respectable for a whole lot of generations after getting defeated by Stark in their past wars. They supposedly held up the ban on flaying, at least openly. It was only the War of the Five Kings and Robb's fuckups that had Roose goin loose, and his bastard don't help ? none.

• RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yoooooo so I just got around to watching the new episode and all I have to say is damn!
    First off theon gray joy is completely broken. He out here shaking and can't even look people in the eyes anymore lol.

I'm happy ? ass joffrey is dead. His ass was getting out of line for too long. That scene with him and tyrion was GOAT.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

meh.ro11610.gif

Be bad ? . Be bad.

What Yara and Theon do to that ? ? Ramsey ain't going to be nothing nice. Then again what the Starks do to Theon for his betrayal and leveling their home isn't going to be nothing nice either.

Theon didn't level Winterfell, It was the Boltons I believe.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, are all ? called "snow" or is it just coincidence john snow has the same last name as Ramsey Snow.
  • RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Petyr Baelish: "You know what I learnt losing that duel? I learnt that I'll never win. Not that way. That's their game, their rules. I'm not going to fight them: I'm going to ? them. That's what I know, that's what I am, and only by admitting what we are can we get what we want."

Ros: "And what do you want?"

Petyr Baelish: "Oh, everything, my dear. Everything there is."

Petyr Baelish: "Do you know what the realm is? It's the thousand blades of Aegon's enemies, a story we agree to tell each other over and over until we forget that it's a lie."

Varys: "But what do we have left once we abandon the lie? Chaos, a gaping pit, waiting to swallow us all."

Petyr Baelish: "Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb; they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is."

"He would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes." - Varys on Petyr Baelish

Littlefinger been letting ya'll know since day 1 he trying to come up....by any means necessary...

This is some of the realest ? ever right here...
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

meh.ro11610.gif

Be bad ? . Be bad.

Is the last name Snow just used as some kind of pseudonym for bastard children or something?
This discussion has been closed.