The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zebo considering FA, BK should take a look at him. We cant afford to have KG starting for us.

He aint leaving memphis imo
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Good to see. He needs 15lbs and Bari needs to lose 15lbs.

I'll be watching summer league for first time in years
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Zebo considering FA, BK should take a look at him. We cant afford to have KG starting for us.

Adj. reported the talks with him and Memphis hit a snag. So anything is possible....
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cavs to pick Wiggins
  • Beta
    Options

Adj. reported the talks with him and Memphis hit a snag. So anything is possible....

true true.. Its just that being in memphis revitalized Z-Bo's career. I think being there means alot to him.

Plus his plug is down there
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Gotta laugh at the art of responding to the shot indirectly
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

cap space ?
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    If team's were ready made then they'd have been then the Finals already, no? If not there, or even anywhere close, then why would Lebron going to a squad and putting them into the championship conversation be frowned upon. Would that not say something about his greatness? Or does the fact that it's in a different jersey magically change things?

Some ppls "criticism" makes no sense.

SMH.................

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are an adult so you should understand the logic of somebody standing for something or always running when things get tough.

If this guy leaves another team (especially this Miami team that isn't that bad) when things start getting bad then this will really shape how a lot of young impressionable minds think they should do things. They will think it's okay to quit if things are not 100% stacked in your favor, I mean look at the league now in general. Guys are just running away from their responsibility as being the best players on the team. They are quick to throw there teammates and coaches under the bus, they don't want to just win by any cost, they want to win their way, they don't want to lead and the people who do try to lead they don't want to listen to them.

I understand and wasn't even mad at the guy for leaving Cleveland because they squandered that dudes talent and loyalty for 7 seasons but if he leaves this Miami team which still has a legit All-Star caliber player in Bosh and a solid even if he is aging rapidly Wade then he will come off as a coward in my eyes. It isn't like there roster is barren of talent in Miami and they have a good GM and location to attract talent.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

cap space ?

Well if Blatche chooses to go elsewhere that opens up some space for us. Unless they throw the boat at Livingston presumably....
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If team's were ready made then they'd have been then the Finals already, no? If not there, or even anywhere close, then why would Lebron going to a squad and putting them into the championship conversation be frowned upon. Would that not say something about his greatness? Or does the fact that it's in a different jersey magically change things?

SMH.................

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are an adult so you should understand the logic of somebody standing for something or always running when things get tough.

If this guy leaves another team (especially this Miami team that isn't that bad) when things start getting bad then this will really shape how a lot of young impressionable minds think they should do things. They will think it's okay to quit if things are not 100% stacked in your favor, I mean look at the league now in general. Guys are just running away from their responsibility as being the best players on the team. They are quick to throw there teammates and coaches under the bus, they don't want to just win by any cost, they want to win their way, they don't want to lead and the people who do try to lead they don't want to listen to them.

I understand and wasn't even mad at the guy for leaving Cleveland because they squandered that dudes talent and loyalty for 7 seasons but if he leaves this Miami team which still has a legit All-Star caliber player in Bosh and a solid even if he is aging rapidly Wade then he will come off as a coward in my eyes. It isn't like there roster is barren of talent in Miami and they have a good GM and location to attract talent.

I'm an adult and I understand what a contract is. I also understand that Lebron's business decisions are Lebron's business decisions, and he doesn't have any obligation to consider any of those [bold] things you mentioned. For anyone to think that's his problem is idiotic.

If he Is who I think he is he'll look for the best opportunity to win going forward. If a contract allows you to opt out why would you, a person widely regarded as the best at what you do, not do so and analyze your options? If he buys into another team's vision/potential going forward he has no obligation to "stick it out" with the team he played for last year.

So if he doesn't manage his career how you want him to he's a coward. Ok. Players with the opportunity to find what they feel is the best situation for themselves shouldn't do so? Ok.

Miami very well could be the best situation for him, depending on what the other current Max players do. Nothing wrong with keeping options open to let certain things play out.

The way his career progresses is not based on some arbitrary set of rules that illogical people want to impose on him. The ? would he care if some "fan" thought he was a "coward." The bottom line is putting himself in what he feels is the best position to win.

"Oh he had to go to different teams to do it"

Would he not be the best player on each different team? Would he not be leading the pack in whatever situation he chooses?

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Heat trying to move up in the draft. Norris Cole would be involved in the trade.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @#1hiphopjunki3 I got a question

Say the bulls don't get melo or love and build their team like the spurs model.By adding depth wit shooters/scorers(gordon hayward,pau gasol) with the cap space they'd have by amnestying ? ,the 2 draft picks,bringing over the euro do you think they'd have what it takes to get to the finals by doin that?
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron really wants Shabazz Napier according to Chad Ford
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    edited June 2014
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

SMH.................

Smh

Nugga are you stupid?

You are simple minded and think with your emotions.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude went to 4 straight finals.

Ain't nothing tough. He's not running from nothing.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

SMH.................

I'm an adult and I understand what a contract is. I also understand that Lebron's business decisions are Lebron's business decisions, and he doesn't have any obligation to consider any of those [bold] things you mentioned. For anyone to think that's his problem is idiotic.

If he Is who I think he is he'll look for the best opportunity to win going forward. If a contract allows you to opt out why would you, a person widely regarded as the best at what you do, not do so and analyze your options? If he buys into another team's vision/potential going forward he has no obligation to "stick it out" with the team he played for last year.

So if he doesn't manage his career how you want him to he's a coward. Ok. Players with the opportunity to find what they feel is the best situation for themselves shouldn't do so? Ok.

Miami very well could be the best situation for him, depending on what the other current Max players do. Nothing wrong with keeping options open to let certain things play out.

The way his career progresses is not based on some arbitrary set of rules that illogical people want to impose on him. The ? would he care if some "fan" thought he was a "coward." The bottom line is putting himself in what he feels is the best position to win.

"Oh he had to go to different teams to do it"

Would he not be the best player on each different team? Would he not be leading the pack in whatever situation he chooses?

Tell me why melo doesn't get the same treatment some if y'all give bron when it comes to "business decisions"
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options

we trying to have that NCAA champion PG rotation

They get Shabazz that is a step in the right direction and I think it means Chalmers is out of Miami IMO. Playing Pg with LeBron basically means you have to be able to score on spot ups and iso's with little left on the clock. Shabazz can do that and be ready to contribute in no time. He is Kemba with a better perimeter game.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis put on 18 pounds,is expanding his jumper range and working on more post moves.
    After playing this past season at less than 230 pounds, Davis said he is up to 237 pounds. The new physique gives Davis the look more of a power forward than he did in his first two NBA seasons.Davis is working on adding the corner 3-point shot, more post move and a pull-up jumper off the dribble to his repertoire.

It's about to get UGLY for the league

Him with post moves gonna ? these Jokers... not many players like to bang anymore and when things get physical they're not gonna want that work.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lotta star gazers and dreamers out here...put down the 2k my sons y'all looking foolish with these posts.

Pass the sticks
This discussion has been closed.