The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darius wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    smh lol thatdamnjay changed my name and wouldnt change it to what I wanted too

Well at least you weren't stuck with Landon or some other white boy name

I'd laugh but my name is white too.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Can we atleast get andray blatche if we miss out on pau since I know gortat aint an option. I swear if we try to get this ? dalembert 3 years after we shouldve ima be ?
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    00713 wrote: »
    Darius wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    smh lol thatdamnjay changed my name and wouldnt change it to what I wanted too

Well at least you weren't stuck with Landon or some other white boy name

I'd laugh but my name is white too.

Man you use more names that Danaerys Targaryian, can't even keep up with who you are anyway
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls got Melo in Chicago w/ Tornado watches, warnings and ?
  • Beta
    edited July 2014
    Options
    -Bosh and Wade will need to take pay cuts – Wade's significant – to create the cap space for Miami to be competitive in pursuit of free agent targets that include Kyle Lowry, Luol Deng, Marcin Gortat, Trevor Ariza and Marvin Williams.

-Marc Stein: Pau Gasol should have many options but we continue to hear in strong terms that Oklahoma City UNLIKELY to be in the running for the Spaniard

-Ramona Shelburne: Add two teams to the expected Pau Gasol market: Phoenix and Atlanta. Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, Mavs, Rockets all expected to pursue.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

D. Rose should txt him and ask if hes ok
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »

D. Rose should txt him and ask if hes ok

Probably should be the other way around
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Morey in Philly meeting with Kyle Lowrey. Plotting on y'all PG @Kame
  • Beta
    Options
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How unlucky is that? ? ass weather on the day Bulls meet with him? Smh i know he already heard horror stories about our city & it's weather and how our youth don't wanna make it to adulthood bang bang it ain't lookin good for us b it ain't lookin good for us

That's like telling ya wife & kids Ayo ? yall straight up I'm tryna get these rings ? Ball is life

I want Melo here straight up I been talking about it since the end of last offseason so Id get hella Negrodamus points from the fellas if it happened but....he got ? to think about.
  • Beta
    edited July 2014
    Options
    fake account nvm
  • RiGGA
    Options
  • RiGGA
    Options
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Welp, Kidd emphatically destroyed the Nets chances of resigning Pierce. Glad I got to see Pierce play. Started out hating Pierce back in the early 2000s ended up actually ? with him couple years later for how he was sonning ? like Bron, happy for him when he got his ring and was humbled by the fact he played for the freakin Nets. Ima cop his jersey just cause.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumors bore me, pass the satin and putting on Beverly Hills cop 2.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just out of curiosity if Melo agrees to go to Chicago how much do you Bulls fans think he'll be signed for? Do you legit believe he'll sign for the $15m's the Bulls can offer him outright or that the Knicks will agree to a weak sign and trade that primarily focuses on Boozers expiring contract?

I think the point is to gauge just how much is he willing to pass on.. it could be 15.. 18.. or 22 mil. And what is kept around him at each of those levels.

Ironically at the 15 million level.. that's what LBJ took year one to sign with the Heat to have a better situation. Melo would be leaving more money on the table than LBJ did but that would be the chance he takes by going to Chicago and keeping maximized talent around him there.

How much longer does he want to spend his best years waiting for proper talent to be around him? With as much movement said to go on, who knows what really will be available as far as help by taking that max deal in NY come next season. Teams are extending players early (ZBo/LaMarcus), looking to move players before they get nothing for them next, season right now (KLove).
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn...kyrie agreed to 5 yr 90 million
  • Beta
    Options
    I heard Atlanta and blazers are interested in sign and trades for Greg Monroe but I don't see the.need for either squad.

Cavs and raptors should look into it though
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think this has more to do with the power struggle I was talking about when Rose said that Love was more of a team player. That ? is the feelings that get caught, especially with guards/little men, when somebody comes along who threatens somebody else because they're bigger, as good, if not better, than said cry baby. He probably feels like he's not going to have freedom with the freedom and that he's getting replaced after being made the face of the team since Day 1. Rose has been out for so long, it makes sense that the Bulls will look for somebody who can score a lot of points and be the focal point of a team should he go down again. Love & Melo fit the bill but Melo is the better of the two and probably is the best scorer in the league. He does dominate the ball but he's still a top 10 or so talent, can stand toe to toe with LeBron one on one and he's too good to hold back. Derrick's still going to have his ball time because he's the point guard but he's still going to have to live with whoever comes along scoring as well since him needing help is a song we've been hearing even before his bad luck while he's had guys who're proven scorers to play alongside with and the Bulls couldn't beat Miami when he was 100%.
    Copied from a message board talking about why rose is not recruiting melo
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Irving is another free agent who won't be on the market next summer.That Knicks 2015 free agency plan lookin suspect
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So apparently we were da 1st team to call Isaiah thomas, mane i tried holdin out hope for dis smart rondo combo but da news bout him askin for a hunnit mil has me thinkin hes outta there
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    Damn...kyrie agreed to 5 yr 90 million
    They better make the playoffs at least four of those years, and advance past the 1st round twice.

Question: who's still on the Heat roster that's SIGNED?
This discussion has been closed.