The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As for Miami -- it could've been worse. They could've re-signed lebron to some short 2 or 3 year max deal, multi year deals for Wade and Bosh (and maybe a 4th star)...

Got deep into luxury tax debt like the Nets and then in 2016 Lebron would've left, Wade would be Clorox washed, and their financial situation would've been ? and they wouldn't have been able to do ? until like 2020.

Right now, Miami's financial situation is healthy. If I'm Riley, I get a right-hand man assistant GM to help with drafting (cause let's face it, Riley ain't the best drafter) and try to build something organic, cause this "buy a big 3" fad is pretty much dead and whether it works or not - it's expensive and extremely risky.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron is a great player but y'all need to stop comparing him to Jordan and Kobe, cause those guys never quit or left there team to go and win championships. This man straight up headed to Miami to form a super team to win rings.

Now he's going to Cleveland cause they finally got some young players like Kyrie and Wiggins. Lebron really quit on Miami so did bosh. Now it's just wade and the original fan base. That arena is gonna be empty for years to come.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1CK1S wrote: »
    lebetrayalwkbns.gif

yo...

bahaaaaaahaaa!!
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fans in Miami can't even get mad... real ? y'all had 4 years at the top... now we will see how they are when they the 7th or 8th seed next year..
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder of the heat gonna boo him next time he plays in Miami. .
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    I just wanna say thanks Bron Bron for helping bringing 2 more rings to Miami. Cleveland has a great roster of young talent, it's home for LeBron, and they can offer him the contract he deserves w/o a paycut.

That being said, I hope he don't win another ring..shout out to D wade it'll be Iight I got faith in Riley. I'm kinda relieved there will finally be no more bandwagoners and I can finally use my team in 2k with no problem..this is the squad for life.

Shout out to emm holla's sources

This ? is gonna cry for days

My ? I ain't no casual fan like your 15 yr old Ass..it's the NBA, teams go through years of contention and relevancy and then they trend down to rebuilding. I've seen it happen with this very team. We'll be good..I love my fellow heat fans and I love this team.

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Options
    I just wanna say thanks Bron Bron for helping bringing 2 more rings to Miami. Cleveland has a great roster of young talent, it's home for LeBron, and they can offer him the contract he deserves w/o a paycut.

That being said, I hope he don't win another ring..shout out to D wade it'll be Iight I got faith in Riley. I'm kinda relieved there will finally be no more bandwagoners and I can finally use my team in 2k with no problem..this is the squad for life.

You're a grown ass man, cut this ? out

What you talkin bout?
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Can't hate a guy for going home.

That roster and future 1st picks probably made it a little easier though.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Lebron is a great player but y'all need to stop comparing him to Jordan and Kobe, cause those guys never quit or left there team to go and win championships. This man straight up headed to Miami to form a super team to win rings.

Now he's going to Cleveland cause they finally got some young players like Kyrie and Wiggins. Lebron really quit on Miami so did bosh. Now it's just wade and the original fan base. That arena is gonna be empty for years to come.

So we acting like Kobe didn't cry and try to go to Chicago?
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

This ? is gonna cry for days

My ? I ain't no casual fan like your 15 yr old Ass..it's the NBA, teams go through years of contention and relevancy and then they trend down to rebuilding. I've seen it happen with this very team. We'll be good..I love my fellow heat fans and I love this team.

Lol this ? bout ? himself
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys"-Lebron
    S2J wrote: »
    if im Bron---and i said this weeks ago btw let me just point that out---Im thinkin long term, avoiding havin to do this again, big picture, down the road when he can transiton into a facilitator and not have o do everything. Let me get on board w/ some young stars, basically 'teach them how to fish', and turn them into younger verions of these old washed up nggas.

cool-gif-Kevin-Durant-MVP-speech.gif

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »

Did he go tho??? Every player has disputes but Kobe rode it out went to 3 more finals and got 2 rings.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're a grown ass man, cut this ? out

What you talkin bout?

Yo you showed up, where's the other Miami kat at? I forgot his name?
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well it was a good 4 years with Bron and Bosh in Miami, hopefully now Riles can add on to the team and bring in some solid talent with the money we saved. Like i said before Wade was the reason i became a Heat fan and hopefully we get him help in Miami. Shout out to Bron hope he gets The Cavs a ring before he retires.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake a cavs fan and a browns fan
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That letter is Goat...i think he escapes any type of criticism and Miami fans will give him a standing ovation when he returns.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is tommy bilfiger....?.he gonna act like he predicted it...

Libry in chi must be closed on fridays in summmer time
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »

Did he go tho??? Every player has disputes but Kobe rode it out went to 3 more finals and got 2 rings.

? he didn't go cause Lakers didn't allow it. If he was a free agent he would have been gone. ? outta here
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LEBRON IS BACK HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW, MORE GREEN EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Beta
    Options
    Okay..I get it...
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James is already a legend,this is unprecedented for a athlete in his prime to switch squads TWICE.

That Cleveland squad is gonna be nasty,excluding Varejao all those boys are young and can run. Kyrie spotting up

for three's....
This discussion has been closed.