Police gun down 17 year old unarmed black teen. (Update) Darren Wilson Not Indicted

Options

Comments

• Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stringer Bell for mod!!!!

Guys has put in work in this thread.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    "Instead of getting caught for stealing Swishers and taking the probation I am surely to get, I’ll grab this cop’s gun and risk death and/or years in prison"

^ ? doesn't sound logical at all. Hard to believe he'd reach for the gun in the holster.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stltoday.com/news/local/metro/st-louis-prosecutor-has-faced-controversy-for-decades/article_cdd4c104-6086-506e-9ee8-aa957a31fee5.html
    St. Louis prosecutor has faced controversy for decades

ST. LOUIS • Robert McCulloch isn’t known to back down.

For decades, the St. Louis County prosecutor has been in the spotlight for everything ranging from his prosecution of Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose to questions about his deep police roots. And for decades county voters have kept him in office.

On Friday, McCulloch faced calls from political foes to step aside in the investigation of the fatal shooting death of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown at the hand of a white police officer. State Sen. Jamilah Nasheed wrote a letter to McCulloch saying prior prosecutorial decisions and his heavy support of Steve Stenger in his defeat of St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley in this month’s Democratic primary scarred the black community.

And U.S. Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-St. Louis, assailed McCulloch on Friday night on a visit to Ferguson: “We don’t have any confidence in the St. Louis County prosecuting attorney’s office.” He went on to accuse McCulloch of attempting to influence a potential jury by the release this morning of the robbery video at the same time the officer’s name was released.

“Bob McCulloch tried to taint the jury pool by the stunt he pulled today. I have no faith in him, but I do trust the FBI and the justice department.”

McCulloch, who as a teenager lost a leg to cancer, made it his career ambition to become a prosecutor.

“I couldn’t become a policeman, so being county prosecutor is the next best thing,” McCulloch once told the Post-Dispatch.

McCulloch took office in 1991. His first big test came a few months later with the infamous Riverport Riot when a Guns N’ Roses concert ended with injuries to 40 concertgoers and 25 police officers.

McCulloch charged Axl Rose, the rock band’s front man, with misdemeanor assault and property damage alleging that Rose hit a security guard, hurt three concertgoers and trashed a dressing room. He then pursued Rose across the country seeking to enforce an arrest warrant on the charges, saying Rose “is easy to find …”Wherever he goes, we’ll be waiting for him. If he wants to cancel his whole schedule, fine. If he leaves the country, we’ll notify Customs to get him when he comes back.

Rose ended up surrendering after a public uproar and entered a plea agreement.

In 2001, two undercover drug officers from Dellwood shot and killed two men on the parking lot of a Jack in the Box in north St. Louis County. The officers said the suspects, who had prior felony convictions for drug and assault offenses, tried to escape arrest and then drove toward the officers.

A subsequent federal investigation showed that the men were unarmed and that their car had not moved forward when the officers fired 21 shots and killed the suspects, Earl Murray and Ronald Beasley. The probe, however, also concluded that because the officers feared for their safety, the shootings were justified.

McCulloch didn’t prosecute the officers. He specifically drew the ire of defense lawyers and protesters, who had been holding demonstrations and threatened to block Highway 40,when he said of Murray and Beasley, “These guys were bums.”

After being criticized, McCulloch refused to back down, saying, “The print media and self-anointed activists have been portraying the two gentlemen as folk heroes and have been vilifying the police. I think it is important for the public to know that these two and others like them for years have spread destruction in the community dealing ? ? and heroin.”

Nasheed pointed to the Jack in the Box case in her letter: “Critically important, you must consider the potential consequences if you choose to not seek a special prosecutor. If you should decide to not indict this police officer, the rioting we witnessed this past week will seem like a picnic compared to the havoc that will likely occur, because the black community will never accept that there was an impartial investigation from your office.”

McCulloch’s opponents also point to his familial ties to law enforcement. McCulloch’s father, brother, nephew and cousin all served with St. Louis police; his mother was a clerk there.

McCulloch was 12 when his father, St. Louis police officer Paul McCulloch, was shot and killed July 2, 1964, in a gun battle with a kidnapper in the 2100 block of Dickson Street at the former Pruitt-Igoe public-housing complex. Witnesses said Paul McCulloch had just rounded the corner responding to the call when he was shot in the head by a fleeing kidnapper, Eddie Glenn.

An hour before, Glenn had kidnapped a woman, 20, in her car in front of her parents’ store, in the 800 block of North Leffingwell Avenue, and forced her to drive around. A witness reported the kidnapping. Another officer saw the car and stopped it near 20th and O’Fallon streets. Glenn fired at the other officer and fled into the housing complex, quickly encountering McCulloch. The woman was unharmed.

Glenn was found guilty one year later in St. Louis Circuit Court and sentenced to die in the state gas chamber, but the Missouri Supreme Court reduced the sentence to life in prison. Paul McCulloch, 37, had joined the city police department in 1949 and was a canine officer when he was killed.

His father’s death was a major theme for McCulloch’s campaign ads that first propelled him to office. He is running unopposed for reelection in November.

Tim O’Neil of the Post-Dispatch contributed to this report.

• God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    YunnSanco wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    nepats wrote: »
    think about it. this ? walked in a store. took what he wanted. yoked the strore clerk up for getting in his way while he was stealing. then walks down the middle of the street. apparently ? talks a cop. I can stop right there and say this ? got some ? . most ? steal some ? and they hiding out for a day or two. they see the cops and panic and take the ? off. it really makes you wonder what type of ? he was. I hate to say it but those are the characteristics of a seasoned goon.

all i'm saying is his credibility is tainted and so is the credibility of the witnesses who were saying he was nothing but an innocent kid who never caused any trouble. darren wilson on the other hand is a 6 year veteran officer, yall are the ones treating that man like a racist rookie

The problem with the black community is that it is built around victimization. You will never succeed in life by playing a victim. Winners don't make excuses, they just ignore it and win. When you constantly play the victim and tell your children that they are victims, then whenever anything goes wrong, even if it was their own fault, they will blame it on anyone but themselves and never succeed

a seasoned goon?? He was a naive boy,but also a student,also someone's child,dont label him as one thing. WE ARE ALL MORE THAN JUST ONE THING. One characteristic does not define a human being as a whole.

Problem with society now,they want to label a person then think they know what that person is all about. Thats very small minded. He was executed.period

If THAT COP SUCH A SEASONED VET HE DIDN'T HANDLE it like a veteran should

I disagree with the bolded.

But you right though.

well who steals from a store and still be walking the streets? You either bold and dumb or don't understand the seriousness of the situation.

You're easily led bro. The media loves people like you. You see that one surveillance video without audio to truly know the whole context and have already concluded that dude was a robber who would in all likelihood immediately go for a cops gun if confronted for jaywalking.

In the video you DID NOT SEE:

Michael Brown with a weapon
    Michael Brown PUT HANDS on anybody (he shoved the clerk off of him when the clerk made physical contact WITH HIM)
    Michael Brown raise his hand to threaten anybody
    Michael Brown flee the scene as somebody who had just committed a robbery

How do you know there wasn't a dispute over the cigarellos and Michael Brown felt he had been cheated? You DON'T. How do you know he hadn't paid for the cigarellos prior? You DON'T. An accusation DOES NOT EQUAL GUILT ! In AMERICA typically if you're ACCUSED of something you FACE TRIAL. Where you can give YOUR SIDE of the story. One person said that this person strong arm robbed him and shows a 1:00 video WITH NO AUDIO and you automatically jump to say "well damn he must have gone for the cops gun too".

In the video you see Dorion Johnson(the person that came in to the store with Michael Brown and witnessed his shooting) even PUTTING BACK one of the boxes of cigarellos! What kind of robbery is that?

I'm not saying he DIDN'T rob that store. I'm saying he wasn't GUILTY of robbing the store. He was never found guilty by a jury of his peers. There haven't been witness accounts of what was said during the time in the store. Michael Brown didn't get a chance to answer to his charges. No they just put out the video to paint a picture and to try to ? on people who see the big picture.

All these people have to do is put the kool-aid in front of some of y'all and you just gonna drink it right up aren't you

/rant

You out in left field responding to me with this ? .

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Lol @ a dispute over cigarillos. Come on b, if that's him he's guilty of stealing from the convenient store. Smh@ going to court over stealing ? under $20.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never even heard the term "strong arm robbery" before hearing about it here.

Also, i believe it to be complete ? that the officer was unaware of the robbery and that michael brown matched the description that went out over the radio.

its like the cops are worried about being accused of profiling instead of murder. And now they knee deep in a lie.
    and if its a lie they gonna fight on that lie. cause once you in it. you in it.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »

Also, i believe it to be complete ? that the officer was unaware of the robbery and that michael brown matched the description that went out over the radio.

its like the cops are worried about being accused of profiling instead of murder. And now they knee deep in a lie.

Exactly what i was thinking.
  • infamous114
    Options

It wouldn't even be profiling cause if he fits the description, the officer has reasonable suspicion to make a stop.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    meanwhile on my FB feed......these fools playing WCW & ? & don't even know what's going on in the world

I'm finna wake these fools tf up about what's taking place right now.

Stevie Wonder is blind but not as blind as most of these local fools

On my feed the petition that was posted in the other thread made it's round and a couple other shared pictures but it seems every black person is talking through pm's to evade getting in arguments with their non-black friends/acquaintances. But yeah alot mf's is sleep.
    "Instead of getting caught for stealing Swishers and taking the probation I am surely to get, I’ll grab this cop’s gun and risk death and/or years in prison"

^ ? doesn't sound logical at all. Hard to believe he'd reach for the gun in the holster.

In America the white supremacist society, blacks are not logical.
    we are irrational hpyer sexualized monsters, who needs to be humanized via the most evolved formed of humans.
  • Matt-
    Options

It wouldn't even be profiling cause if he fits the description, the officer has reasonable suspicion to make a stop.

i know it wouldn't be, but i just couldn't think of any other reason why they would appear to be going out of their way to say he wasn't stopped b/c of his description.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And U.S. Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-St. Louis, assailed McCulloch on Friday night on a visit to Ferguson: “We don’t have any confidence in the St. Louis County prosecuting attorney’s office.” He went on to accuse McCulloch of attempting to influence a potential jury by the release this morning of the robbery video at the same time the officer’s name was released.

Damn, so the guy who's supposed to prosecute the case is the one who directed the Ferguson police to put that tape out?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    nepats wrote: »
    think about it. this ? walked in a store. took what he wanted. yoked the strore clerk up for getting in his way while he was stealing. then walks down the middle of the street. apparently ? talks a cop. I can stop right there and say this ? got some ? . most ? steal some ? and they hiding out for a day or two. they see the cops and panic and take the ? off. it really makes you wonder what type of ? he was. I hate to say it but those are the characteristics of a seasoned goon.

all i'm saying is his credibility is tainted and so is the credibility of the witnesses who were saying he was nothing but an innocent kid who never caused any trouble. darren wilson on the other hand is a 6 year veteran officer, yall are the ones treating that man like a racist rookie

The problem with the black community is that it is built around victimization. You will never succeed in life by playing a victim. Winners don't make excuses, they just ignore it and win. When you constantly play the victim and tell your children that they are victims, then whenever anything goes wrong, even if it was their own fault, they will blame it on anyone but themselves and never succeed

a seasoned goon?? He was a naive boy,but also a student,also someone's child,dont label him as one thing. WE ARE ALL MORE THAN JUST ONE THING. One characteristic does not define a human being as a whole.

Problem with society now,they want to label a person then think they know what that person is all about. Thats very small minded. He was executed.period

If THAT COP SUCH A SEASONED VET HE DIDN'T HANDLE it like a veteran should

I disagree with the bolded.

But you right though.

well who steals from a store and still be walking the streets? You either bold and dumb or don't understand the seriousness of the situation.

You're easily led bro. The media loves people like you. You see that one surveillance video without audio to truly know the whole context and have already concluded that dude was a robber who would in all likelihood immediately go for a cops gun if confronted for jaywalking.

In the video you DID NOT SEE:

Michael Brown with a weapon
    Michael Brown PUT HANDS on anybody (he shoved the clerk off of him when the clerk made physical contact WITH HIM)
    Michael Brown raise his hand to threaten anybody
    Michael Brown flee the scene as somebody who had just committed a robbery

How do you know there wasn't a dispute over the cigarellos and Michael Brown felt he had been cheated? You DON'T. How do you know he hadn't paid for the cigarellos prior? You DON'T. An accusation DOES NOT EQUAL GUILT ! In AMERICA typically if you're ACCUSED of something you FACE TRIAL. Where you can give YOUR SIDE of the story. One person said that this person strong arm robbed him and shows a 1:00 video WITH NO AUDIO and you automatically jump to say "well damn he must have gone for the cops gun too".

In the video you see Dorion Johnson(the person that came in to the store with Michael Brown and witnessed his shooting) even PUTTING BACK one of the boxes of cigarellos! What kind of robbery is that?

I'm not saying he DIDN'T rob that store. I'm saying he wasn't GUILTY of robbing the store. He was never found guilty by a jury of his peers. There haven't been witness accounts of what was said during the time in the store. Michael Brown didn't get a chance to answer to his charges. No they just put out the video to paint a picture and to try to ? on people who see the big picture.

All these people have to do is put the kool-aid in front of some of y'all and you just gonna drink it right up aren't you

/rant

You out in left field responding to me with this ? .

aite bruh left field
    Lol @ a dispute over cigarillos. Come on b, if that's him he's guilty of stealing from the convenient store. Smh@ going to court over stealing ? under $20.

aite bruh no court just the dealth penalty
  • Stiff
    Options

That's not the issue is what you don't seem to understand. Let's say he stole the cigarellos and WAS stopped under reasonable suspicion.

EVERYBODY is upset because he was shot multiple times to death AFTER he put his hands up in surrender. EVERY bullet used by the police has to be justified. How are the bullets that were fired AFTER MULTIPLE witnesses say he put his hands up justified? That's the point. That's the issue. What he did before the moment when he put his hands up is not relevant. He was unarmed. He wasn't considered armed and dangerous when approached.
  • infamous114
    Options

That's not the issue is what you don't seem to understand. Let's say he stole the cigarellos and WAS stopped under reasonable suspicion.

EVERYBODY is upset because he was shot multiple times to death AFTER he put his hands up in surrender. EVERY bullet used by the police has to be justified. How are the bullets that were fired AFTER MULTIPLE witnesses say he put his hands up justified? That's the point. That's the issue. What he did before the moment when he put his hands up is not relevant. He was unarmed. He wasn't considered armed and dangerous when approached.

I DO understand. When have I said anything to the contrary that the use of force was excessive?
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Stiff‌ bruh I know you're upset but I'm not saying he deserved to be shot and if you seen my posts you'd know we think alike.

Yeah he should of been brought in for questioning and not murdered. But my point is no matter how it transpired in that damn tape...the moves he made was I'll advised. A dispute with a store owner , you don't push him and if he ? you over you don't take more ? . I've seen that happen plenty of times bruh. Dorion probably didn't want any part in it. The hell you need audio for , I doubt it shows him being in the right.

Doesn't mean he deserved to be killed but I'm just saying bro
  • Matt-
    Options

i think everyone knows what matters and what does not matter in the grand scheme of things and how nothing that is being reported justifies the end result.

but that doesn't mean that we still can't question how the officer was oblivious to the robbery and the description of the suspect.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We are destroying lies that we don't care or love each other, we doing what always done.
  • waterproof
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

I knew it, white kids starting ? and we get the blame, they are agents
  • Stiff
    Options
    @Stiff‌ bruh I know you're upset but I'm not saying he deserved to be shot and if you seen my posts you'd know we think alike.

Yeah he should of been brought in for questioning and not murdered. But my point is no matter how it transpired in that damn tape...the moves he made was I'll advised. A dispute with a store owner , you don't push him and if he ? you over you don't take more ? . I've seen that happen plenty of times bruh. Dorion probably didn't want any part in it. The hell you need audio for , I doubt it shows him being in the right.

I hear what you saying I honestly do and I don't want to come off like I'm attacking you. My point is at the bolded: That's exactly what they wanted people to think when they released the video. I don't know what happened in that store--I wasn't there I don't have the full context and either do you. But the police say with what seems like no investigation it was a "strong armed robbery". Dorion Johnson was there I would be interested to see what he had to say about the incident.

But at the end of the day what does that have to do with him getting shot while having his hands up? Michael Brown isn't on trial. The person who killed another person execution style should be. The police conveniently released a video showing him allegedly committing strong armed robbery but they haven't released an autopsy report saying how many times he was shot and what part of his body he was hit in. They haven't released any results from forensic investigations. They haven't revealed why their police report says that ambulances were on the scene when video footage clearly shows there wasn't. They're quick to answer questions about Michael Brown but the only thing they've released on their side so far is the damn officer's name. If Michael Brown had a criminal record that would've been released IMMEDIATELY.

I'm just weary of people getting distracted by the smoke screen that's all bruh
  • waterproof
    Options

What the ? it got to do with him getting murdered with his hands up and The Swine that killed him didn't even know that Mike Brown was the person who shoplifted.

Not a Damn thing
  • Stiff
    edited August 2014
    Options

I DO understand. When have I said anything to the contrary that the use of force was excessive?

You had no-signed the post I directed to YunnSanco . What part did you disagree with? And honestly from your posts it doesn't seem like we're in disagreement anywhere but I'm curious