Did the book of Exodus really happen?

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    There's a long list of famous and wealthy atheists. Google it.

yeah but their atheism did not give them money nor motivate them to get it

How the ? do you know what people's motivations are?

because I am intelligent and knowing what motivates people is extremely important to one of the ways that I make a living
    and by the way bill gates is evil

If Bill Gates hadn't help engineered the microchip processor, you wouldn't be able to type any ? , you ? .

You think you're intelligent?

What's your two base comparative IQ score? I'd be surprised if you shaved 108 max.

I know I am intelligent.

and IQ tests don't accurately test intelligence.
  • zombie
    Options

If Bill Gates hadn't help engineered the microchip processor, you wouldn't be able to type any ? , you ? .

and by the way which microchip processor did be engineer?? I am not aware of him ever having done that
  • zombie
    Options
    I'm going home and pray for ya'll.

Talk to invisible entities in the street, it's schizophrenia. Do it on your knees with hands together or in church, it's prayer.

Crazy is crazy, invisible friends past the age of 8 are still considered a sign of mental illness or lack of development. Call it religion, it's okay?

Ha.

A desire to understand beyond the faith based limitations of the divine are the reason Bill Nye, Neil Degrasse-Tyson, Richard Dawkins, Bill Gates, Brad Pitt... these folks have made money and contributed to the arts because they have no fear of ? .

You want more?

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/23/10_celebs_you_didnt_know_were_atheists_partner/

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-influential/the-8-richest-outspoken-atheist-celebrities/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2010/10/28/the-generous-atheist-billionaires/

Please, please try to argue Christopher Hitchens and Dawkins didn't get a new tax bracket through atheism. I'd like to try see a legless man try win a marathon. Money is made via mass exploitation via profitable idealism. If you believe in religion, that's evident. Cathedrals weren't built through charity.

Ok you have hitches and dawkins but the vast majority of atheist who have money were not motivated to get it by atheism. And do you have any proof that bill gates and brad pitt contributed to the arts because they don't belive in ? ??? lol stop talking out of your ass. these people got money and they are atheist but that does not mean atheism was the factor and motivated them.

militant atheist are the most pathetic people on the planet

I gave you LISTS. LISTS, you ADHD ? . You can't be bothered to click ? and see everyone else from Brad Pitt to Neil Degrasse-Tyson living lavish for questioning ancient ? , I can't lead a ? to enlightenment if you got a mouse at your hands and can't right click worth a ? .

Those sites don't list a ? thing that has to do with the point that was made that is why I disregarded them.

I never questioned there being rich atheist the question was does atheism by itself motivate anyone to get rich.
  • zombie
    edited August 2014
    Options

and by the way which microchip processor did be engineer?? I am not aware of him ever having done that

Read a book that's not the Bible completely and not selectively, you stupid ass. Why you think he's worth billions?

Download Google App, ? . He gave you that capability.

What a ? idiot you are... how do they let you outside without an ? ?

bill gates made his money not by engineering computer hardware but by running companies he never engineered a ? thing, you think you are so smart but you just showed how ignorant you are. the company that made him a super billionaire makes software they don't focus on hardware like microchips.
  • zombie
    Options
    I'm going home and pray for ya'll.

Talk to invisible entities in the street, it's schizophrenia. Do it on your knees with hands together or in church, it's prayer.

Crazy is crazy, invisible friends past the age of 8 are still considered a sign of mental illness or lack of development. Call it religion, it's okay?

Ha.

A desire to understand beyond the faith based limitations of the divine are the reason Bill Nye, Neil Degrasse-Tyson, Richard Dawkins, Bill Gates, Brad Pitt... these folks have made money and contributed to the arts because they have no fear of ? .

You want more?

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/23/10_celebs_you_didnt_know_were_atheists_partner/

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-influential/the-8-richest-outspoken-atheist-celebrities/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2010/10/28/the-generous-atheist-billionaires/

Please, please try to argue Christopher Hitchens and Dawkins didn't get a new tax bracket through atheism. I'd like to try see a legless man try win a marathon. Money is made via mass exploitation via profitable idealism. If you believe in religion, that's evident. Cathedrals weren't built through charity.

Ok you have hitches and dawkins but the vast majority of atheist who have money were not motivated to get it by atheism. And do you have any proof that bill gates and brad pitt contributed to the arts because they don't belive in ? ??? lol stop talking out of your ass. these people got money and they are atheist but that does not mean atheism was the factor and motivated them.

militant atheist are the most pathetic people on the planet

I gave you LISTS. LISTS, you ADHD ? . You can't be bothered to click ? and see everyone else from Brad Pitt to Neil Degrasse-Tyson living lavish for questioning ancient ? , I can't lead a ? to enlightenment if you got a mouse at your hands and can't right click worth a ? .

Those sites don't list a ? thing that has to do with the point that was made that is why I disregarded them.

I never questioned there being rich atheist the question was does atheism by itself motivate anyone to get rich.

Providing knowledge to others gets rewarded, it's called meritocracy. Get with it.

that has nothing to do with the the question that was asked. get the sand out of your ?
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @PapaDoc223‌

Yes ? is a war ? , this should be news to no one and yes he allowed ancient israel to slaughter their opponents this was done for the betterment of all mankind as it established the ? israel for all time, and allowed israel to bring the messiah to mankind as it was his plan to redeem mankind from it's eventual destruction. That's why israel was chosen to be a "light to the nations" and it is from abraham that we get the 3 major religions of the world.

SO YES ISRAEL WAS CHOSEN but that does not mean he loved them more for all eternity, simply put they were used by ? for the greater good of mankind, and according to the bible these same chosen people spent generations in slavery in egypt and after that at the hands of the romans.

that's why thousands of years later the belief in him is still going strong in most parts of the world and the gods of israels enemies are in the dustbin of history.

It is actually not ? 's job to stop people from doing evil to each other, this is the one thing that many people don't seem to grasp and many preachers don't preach because it's a hard pill to swallow. ? is not a genie he is not going to keep all physical pain away it's not his job to stop theives in the night or stop ? and slavery, it's our job to not do those things in the first place, he redeems more than he prevents. People attribute little small things to him more than they probably should the bible says it rains on the good and the bad.

finally black people in america 2014 are no longer slaves, today we read the bible ourselves and come to our own conculsions. If you say that today we are brainwashed than in essence what you are saying is that black people are of inferior mind.

So if he is a ? of war he can't be a ? of love. Plus he used the Israelites as pawns to exterminate people then he is a ? . So the people that didnt worship intead of appearing to them he allowed them to wiped out,enslaved and ? by the israelites. So this was ? 's plan:
    "When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your ? , delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."
    Deuteronomy 21:10-14.

So basically ? the people who get murdered and wiped out as long as his religion comes out on top that is all that matters. He not only a ? of war but a ? ? .

Now you say it is not Gods job to stop evil. So if that is the case then people should all stop praying to him. If does not intercede to stop evil then he does not answer prayer. Baiscally ? sits back and just watch how the world goes and see what happens next.

Christianity was forced upon our ancestors. It was a vehicle to say "I conquer you." Religion is the organization of spirituality into something that became the handmaiden of conquerors. Nearly all religions were brought to people by conquerors. And used as the framework to control their minds. This was done to us and yes we are not slaves but Christianity was not given to us to nice missionaires but by the whip.
  • zombie
    edited August 2014
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    @PapaDoc223‌

Yes ? is a war ? , this should be news to no one and yes he allowed ancient israel to slaughter their opponents this was done for the betterment of all mankind as it established the ? israel for all time, and allowed israel to bring the messiah to mankind as it was his plan to redeem mankind from it's eventual destruction. That's why israel was chosen to be a "light to the nations" and it is from abraham that we get the 3 major religions of the world.

SO YES ISRAEL WAS CHOSEN but that does not mean he loved them more for all eternity, simply put they were used by ? for the greater good of mankind, and according to the bible these same chosen people spent generations in slavery in egypt and after that at the hands of the romans.

that's why thousands of years later the belief in him is still going strong in most parts of the world and the gods of israels enemies are in the dustbin of history.

It is actually not ? 's job to stop people from doing evil to each other, this is the one thing that many people don't seem to grasp and many preachers don't preach because it's a hard pill to swallow. ? is not a genie he is not going to keep all physical pain away it's not his job to stop theives in the night or stop ? and slavery, it's our job to not do those things in the first place, he redeems more than he prevents. People attribute little small things to him more than they probably should the bible says it rains on the good and the bad.

finally black people in america 2014 are no longer slaves, today we read the bible ourselves and come to our own conculsions. If you say that today we are brainwashed than in essence what you are saying is that black people are of inferior mind.

So if he is a ? of war he can't be a ? of love. Plus he used the Israelites as pawns to exterminate people then he is a ? . So the people that didnt worship intead of appearing to them he allowed them to wiped out,enslaved and ? by the israelites. So this was ? 's plan:
    "When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your ? , delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

So basically ? the people who get murdered and wiped out as long as his religion comes out on top that is all that matters. He not only a ? of war but a ? ? .

Now you say it is not Gods job to stop evil. So if that is the case then people should all stop praying to him. If does not intercede to stop evil then he does not answer prayer. Baiscally ? sits back and just watch how the world goes and see what happens next.

Christianity was forced upon our ancestors. It was a vehicle to say "I conquer you." Religion is the organization of spirituality into something that became the handmaiden of conquerors. Nearly all religions were brought to people by conquerors. And used as the framework to control their minds. This was done to us and yes we are not slaves but Christianity was not given to us to nice missionaires but by the whip.

war is not mutually exculsive with love and sometimes fighting is an expression of love and yes he used Israel to accomplish his goal and yes from the human perspective people died doing so but you have to remember no one ever really dies from ? 's perspective. we go to sheol and later on we will either go to heaven or be thrown into the pit.

when I say it's not his job to stop evil I means it's not his job to always come down and basically use magic to fix everything. he has already given us all that is needed to fix all our serious problems that is what the christ did.

Nice quote from dr.clark but I know how most black people were introduced to the religion but we are no longer in the days of slavery. the religion continues because of what if does for the souls of it's believers what we decide to do with the religion is up to us and by the way it's not even the Europeans religion. Christianity in it's pure form is much more African than it is European.
  • zombie
    Options

Read a book that's not the Bible completely and not selectively, you stupid ass. Why you think he's worth billions?

bill gates made his money not by engineering computer hardware but by running companies he never engineered a ? thing, you think you are so smart but you just showed how ignorant you are. the company that made him a super billionaire makes software they don't focus on hardware like microchips.

You literally don't know what you're talking about.

You even understand what an Intel processor is?

? , you're so stupid pretending to be smart, you're like a ? struggling with an abacus pretending you understand spatial physics. You're such a ? idiot you can't see how you're being an idiot because your ego surpasses your intellect.

bill gates did not create the intell processor what the ? are you talking about?? now i see you are just an angry little ? . bill gates wrote code that's not the same as engineering a chip religious argument aside you are factually incorrect

intell created the first mircoprocessor in 1971 bill gates was in high school and he never worked for intell
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is little evidence that Joshua and deutronomy and judges even happened. Hell Hebrew comes from cannanite influences not the other way. The influences of cannanite in Israel is strong so most of the violence was written hundreds of years later as propaganda until Nebucanazzer got in this ass nh
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL damn
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    I mean in Israel ass NH not my ass Oh hell no
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    I mean in Israel ass NH not my ass Oh hell no

I was about to say lol....I don't judge either way but whoa
  • zombie
    edited August 2014
    Options
    you ? delusional atheists and ? haters have allowed hate to rott your brains.

one of you claim Bill gates engineered microchips with no proof of this. the other is a coward who denies the clear answers given to him.
  • zombie
    Options
    Who did Bill Gates work for before he formed Microsoft, aka microchip/scopic software? IBM, aka International Business Machines .... ? , you are are so ? dumb, even when you try to be smart, you just prove how ? dumb you actually are. Read books, you ? chump.

Bill gates never work for intell and even if he did he did not engineer a ducking microchip. Do you have any sourc to back your claim
  • zombie
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I never said he worked for Intel. I said he worked for IBM and he did when Micro-Soft as a start up partnered with IBM to develop the first IBM PC. Gates developed the DOS system for 50k. It was by allowing the licensing of DOS that Microsoft expanded. The microprocessor he and Paul Allen was a more compact and advanced version of the processor MITS developed initially, hence their ability to patent the micro processor for themselves.

You are such a ? , you keep challenging me and you don't know ? all. Do you not ever stop to read books?

You said he engineered a ? mirco processor. all bill gates really did from a technical standpoint was work on code.

once again writing code and engineering a microprocessor are two different things you are factually incorrect deal with it
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
    @PapaDoc223‌

You brought up some interesting points..
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
    @PapaDoc223‌

war is not mutually exculsive with love and sometimes fighting is an expression of love and yes he used Israel to accomplish his goal and yes from the human perspective people died doing so but you have to remember no one ever really dies from ? 's perspective. we go to sheol and later on we will either go to heaven or be thrown into the pit.

when I say it's not his job to stop evil I means it's not his job to always come down and basically use magic to fix everything. he has already given us all that is needed to fix all our serious problems that is what the christ did.

Nice quote from dr.clark but I know how most black people were introduced to the religion but we are no longer in the days of slavery. the religion continues because of what if does for the souls of it's believers what we decide to do with the religion is up to us and by the way it's not even the Europeans religion. Christianity in it's pure form is much more African than it is European.

What I don't understand is if ? is all knowing why would he create someone just to throw them in a pit of fire for all eternity? Something don't add up.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Free will and there are millions of paths and one righteous path and other paths that get back on to righteousness. In my view of using physics in lament terms.
  • zombie
    Options
    I never said he worked for Intel. I said he worked for IBM and he did when Micro-Soft as a start up partnered with IBM to develop the first IBM PC. Gates developed the DOS system for 50k. It was by allowing the licensing of DOS that Microsoft expanded. The microprocessor he and Paul Allen was a more compact and advanced version of the processor MITS developed initially, hence their ability to patent the micro processor for themselves.

You are such a ? , you keep challenging me and you don't know ? all. Do you not ever stop to read books?

You said he engineered a ? mirco processor. all bill gates really did from a technical standpoint was work on code.

once again writing code and engineering a microprocessor are two different things you are factually incorrect deal with it

Factually?

You support the idea of a deity beyond physical boundaries as existing in the physical universe.

The higher gradation of computation were established by the Gates/Allen team that advanced the capabilities of a processor so it could be shrunk down to less than an inch while maintaining performance capability. IBM processors were 2 inches or so, hence, the adevent of Micro Software Processors.

I am getting tired of arguing with you because I really wish you knew more than you do but it is clear you don't and aren't invested in learning better and more sooner, it's tiring and sad to be dealing with someone with half a deck of old cards who can't even contend with a new full deck to gamble with.

You know that just because there are microsoft microchip processors that that does not mean bill gates engineered them right?? you are such a ? fool convinced of your own intelligence that you cannot grasp simple logic and facts i have said it before and i will say it again i am not impressed by you. You have not proved your intellect.

@ bolded that has nothing to do with the fact that bill gates never created a microchip.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YAH don't deal with weak men, gird your ? , yeah he is an elohim of War and the Torah is half Art of War to deal with heathens like yall
  • vitoria
    vitoria Members Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Why is there no proof of the supposed plagues, a parted Red Sea, Jewish slaves in Egypt, Moses, etc?

Why does the bible mention Egyptian cities that didn't even exist at the same time?

How could thousands of people live wandering through a desert for 40 years?

Somebody get in here and make up an excuse for this imaginary tale.
    At the time the Egyptians worshiped many Gods. So to bring an answer to them by means of the plagues that he visited upon the Egyptians, Jehovah humiliated and executed judgment upon their gods. The first plague, the turning of the Nile and all the waters of Egypt into blood, brought disgrace to the Nile-? Hapi. The death of the fish in the Nile was also a blow to Egypt’s religion, for certain kinds of fish were actually venerated and even mummified. (Ex 7:19-21) The frog, regarded as a symbol of fertility and the Egyptian concept of resurrection, was considered sacred to the frog-goddess Heqt. Hence, the plague of frogs brought disgrace to this goddess. (Ex 8:5-14) The third plague saw the magic-practicing priests acknowledging defeat when they proved to be unable by means of their secret arts to turn dust into gnats. (Ex 8:16-19) The ? Thoth was credited with the invention of magic or secret arts, but even this ? could not help the magic-practicing priests to duplicate the third plague.

The line of demarcation between the Egyptians and the worshipers of the true ? came to be sharply drawn from the fourth plague onward. While swarms of gadflies invaded the homes of the Egyptians, the Israelites in the land of Goshen were not affected. (Ex 8:23, 24) The next plague, the pestilence upon the livestock, humiliated such deities as the cow-goddess Hathor, Apis, and the sky-goddess Nut, who was conceived of as a cow having the stars affixed to her belly. (Ex 9:1-6) The plague of boils brought disgrace to the gods and goddesses regarded as possessing healing abilities, such as Thoth, Isis, and Ptah. (Ex 9:8-11) The severe hailstorm put to shame the gods who were considered to have control of the natural elements; for example, Reshpu, who, it appears, was believed to control lightning, and Thoth, who was said to have power over the rain and thunder. (Ex 9:22-26) The locust plague spelled defeat for the gods thought to ensure a bountiful harvest, one of these being the fertility ? Min, who was viewed as a protector of the crops. (Ex 10:12-15) Among the deities disgraced by the plague of darkness were sun-gods, such as Ra and Horus, and also Thoth the ? of the moon and believed to be the systematizer of sun, moon, and stars.—Ex 10:21-23.

The death of the firstborn resulted in the greatest humiliation for the Egyptian gods and goddesses. (Ex 12:12) The rulers of Egypt actually styled themselves as gods, the sons of Ra, or Amon-Ra. It was claimed that Ra, or Amon-Ra, had intercourse with the queen. The son born was, therefore, viewed as a ? incarnate and was dedicated to Ra, or Amon-Ra, at his temple. Hence, the death of Pharaoh’s firstborn, in effect, actually meant the death of a ? . (Ex 12:29) This in itself would have been a severe blow to Egypt’s religion, and the complete impotence of all the deities was manifested in their being unable to save the firstborn of the Egyptians from death.

• Ajackson17
    Options
    Pretty much talking ? about concepts spirituality they know nothing about despite living there.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2014
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    YAH don't deal with weak men, gird your ? , yeah he is an elohim of War and the Torah is half Art of War to deal with heathens like yall

Oh please, the lazy, impotent Christian ? ain't doing ? . The Christians in Syria are still being beheaded, and in Iraq Christian women are being sold off as sex slaves on a daily basis. Some Iraqi Christians even say ISIS is running trains on them in front of their husbands and kids. Your Bible ? ain't doing ? , he's either lazy as ? or dead. I say it never existed. The Spaghetti Pasta Monster ? has a better chance of doing something, it didn't talk mad ? and not do nothing for 2000 plus years now.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2014
    Options
    vitoria wrote: »
    Why is there no proof of the supposed plagues, a parted Red Sea, Jewish slaves in Egypt, Moses, etc?

Why does the bible mention Egyptian cities that didn't even exist at the same time?

At the time the Egyptians worshiped many Gods. So to bring an answer to them by means of the plagues that he visited upon the Egyptians, Jehovah humiliated and executed judgment upon their gods. The first plague, the turning of the Nile and all the waters of Egypt into blood, brought disgrace to the Nile-? Hapi. The death of the fish in the Nile was also a blow to Egypt’s religion, for certain kinds of fish were actually venerated and even mummified. (Ex 7:19-21) The frog, regarded as a symbol of fertility and the Egyptian concept of resurrection, was considered sacred to the frog-goddess Heqt. Hence, the plague of frogs brought disgrace to this goddess. (Ex 8:5-14) The third plague saw the magic-practicing priests acknowledging defeat when they proved to be unable by means of their secret arts to turn dust into gnats. (Ex 8:16-19) The ? Thoth was credited with the invention of magic or secret arts, but even this ? could not help the magic-practicing priests to duplicate the third plague.

The line of demarcation between the Egyptians and the worshipers of the true ? came to be sharply drawn from the fourth plague onward. While swarms of gadflies invaded the homes of the Egyptians, the Israelites in the land of Goshen were not affected. (Ex 8:23, 24) The next plague, the pestilence upon the livestock, humiliated such deities as the cow-goddess Hathor, Apis, and the sky-goddess Nut, who was conceived of as a cow having the stars affixed to her belly. (Ex 9:1-6) The plague of boils brought disgrace to the gods and goddesses regarded as possessing healing abilities, such as Thoth, Isis, and Ptah. (Ex 9:8-11) The severe hailstorm put to shame the gods who were considered to have control of the natural elements; for example, Reshpu, who, it appears, was believed to control lightning, and Thoth, who was said to have power over the rain and thunder. (Ex 9:22-26) The locust plague spelled defeat for the gods thought to ensure a bountiful harvest, one of these being the fertility ? Min, who was viewed as a protector of the crops. (Ex 10:12-15) Among the deities disgraced by the plague of darkness were sun-gods, such as Ra and Horus, and also Thoth the ? of the moon and believed to be the systematizer of sun, moon, and stars.—Ex 10:21-23.

The death of the firstborn resulted in the greatest humiliation for the Egyptian gods and goddesses. (Ex 12:12) The rulers of Egypt actually styled themselves as gods, the sons of Ra, or Amon-Ra. It was claimed that Ra, or Amon-Ra, had intercourse with the queen. The son born was, therefore, viewed as a ? incarnate and was dedicated to Ra, or Amon-Ra, at his temple. Hence, the death of Pharaoh’s firstborn, in effect, actually meant the death of a ? . (Ex 12:29) This in itself would have been a severe blow to Egypt’s religion, and the complete impotence of all the deities was manifested in their being unable to save the firstborn of the Egyptians from death.

Fascinating stuff. So all the stuff going on in the Middle East must mean the certain death and humiliation of the Christian ? then. After all, most Christians have been chased out of the Holy Land, and they're being humiliated, ? and murdered up and down the Middle East on a daily basis now. I guess the other gods got their payback on the Bible ? ? After all, the Bible ? is impotent as hell when it comes to how his followers are being sonned on the daily there now.
  • zombie
    edited September 2014
    Options
    vitoria wrote: »

Fascinating stuff. So all the stuff going on in the Middle East must mean the certain death and humiliation of the Christian ? then. After all, most Christians have been chased out of the Holy Land, and they're being humiliated, ? and murdered up and down the Middle East on a daily basis now. I guess the other gods got their payback on the Bible ? ? After all, the Bible ? is impotent as hell when it comes to how his followers are being sonned on the daily there now.

What a ? . believers of the christian ? are taught to die for their faith all this has been prophesied. the story is not over there are millions of christians in the world and israel still exist