That Nintendo, Big N, Ninty, Wii U & 3DS thread (R.I.P. Wii U)

Options

Comments

• brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea they cheaped out on the rewards.
    I made it to gold & picked Zelda 2 even though I know it sucks just because never played it.

They could have put better selections out.

& where the hell is Square VC games? I want to play Secret of Mana on my Wii U
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Despite the retroactive hate it gets today on gaming forums Zelda 2 is actually pretty underrated. Just like the original changed the scope of overhead games Zelda 2 influenced a lot of 2D platforms that came after wards in terms of level design and game mechanics like combing RPG elements with platforming elements. Something like Shovel Knight (one of the best games out right now BTW) would never have happened if it wasn't for Zelda 2. It's one of the more challenging games in the series too.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zelda 2 was garbage
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that Best Buy deal bruh.
    Its instore only so i went to my local Best Buy and their shelves were empty as ? .
    They were kinda lackin to begin with but these ? weren't even prepared for this sale.
    ? terrible.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been in a Zelda mood. Finished Wind Waker HD and playing A Link Between Worlds now. A very nice change of pace. Wind Waker is great for what it is. A very slow, stop and smell the roses kinda game that provides a great sense of adventure and character...but ? it can get tedious at times, even with the excellent Wii U version modifications. ALBW though. Story takes off and you can have all your items and be in the first dungeon within probably 15 mins. And the gameplay. Dat 2D Zelda feel with the new wall paint mechanic. Link to the Past was always my favorite Zelda, but I thought nostalgia might've had a lot to do with it, but nah. This is the kind of game you don't want to end.

Playing OoT 3D next to see how it holds up.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thoughts on twilight princess?
  • Broddie
    Options
    So Nintendo is live streaming from comic con right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idw0P5x5b14
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I had no idea about the crown world on Mario 3d world smh I just unlocked ? too difficult I haven't that much fun with a game in years!

• Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    last nintendo console I had was a gamecube back in 2003...smash bros melee,mario Kart, Sonic adventure 1 and 2 remakes, Soul Caliber,Wind Waker,Zelda collection disk...jesus good times playing that during high school.

Than I got the 3ds the day link between worlds came out last year and Pokemon X and Kid Icarus Uprising a week later.....

ima be honest with you guys and admit that nintendo does a good job in the handheld gaming industry
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    ? champions road....,
  • focus
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mario Kart 8 DLC
    According to the Nintendo UK Store, Mario Kart 8 will be receiving two download packs with the first one being released this November.

The packs will contain three racers, four vehicles and two cups with each cup featuring four tracks apiece. As they have only been shown on the UK site thus far, the price is currently set at 7 pounds, which is about $12.

Pack number one will release in November and in a surprising development, it will feature Link from The Legend of Zelda series as a playable character. The other two characters in this pack are Tanooki-Suit Mario and Cat-Suit Peach.

The second pack, which comes out in May 2015, will feature the Villager from Animal Crossing as well as Isabelle from the same series. The third character will be a Mario Kart veteran in Dry Bowser.

While not a ton of info is known about the tracks or vehicles, we do know that another Nintendo franchise will also be getting representation. Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon, from the F-Zero series will be one of the new Karts. On top of that, it appears that there will be courses based on F-Zero, Animal Crossing and The Legend of Zelda.

For those that buy both packs, they will also receive alternate colors for both Yoshi and Shy Guy. These can be used right away.

DLC always seemed like an inevitability with Mario Kart 8, and while a bit pricey, it will be nice to have 16 more tracks to choose from. On the other side, adding non Mario characters to Mario Kart is a bit of a slippery slope and something in the future Nintendo should avoid getting too crazy with.

Regardless of how you feel about DLC, it is something that Nintendo has clearly been more open to in this generation. It is yet to be seen what the future holds for Nintendo, but at this point DLC in other series, such as Super Smash Bros. certainly seems like a possibility.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

iNxLSES714CRC.png

$12 for all this is a crazy deal. It's like 1/2 a game.
    ? champions road....,

I just got to this & i'm not ready. ? is hard
  • VIBE
    Options
    Better be 16 NEW tracks, though, no recycled ? from previous games.

Need some originality.

btw that Mercedes Benz DLC has been updated onto the game..
  • focus
    Options
    I saw Nintendo officially announced the death of the Vita on Friday.
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    That ? is wack though I thought it was out now went to go but it last night says ain't going to have on till may 2015
  • VIBE
    Options
    The Mario Kart 8 DLC?

The first pack; 3 characters and 2 new cups, releases Nov 2014

The second pack; 3 new characters and 2 new cups, releases May 2015.
  • Broddie
    Options
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    When's hyrule warriors dropping?

And do you y'all think they ever/should release a full out console Pokemon game? Like have all the regions and ? .
  • Broddie
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hyrule Warriors is supposed to drop in a couple of weeks.

You will never see a mainline Pokemon game on a home console. Remember that Nintendo doesn't own the IP 100% so they have to be in agreement with their partners regarding Pokemon.

The reason we haven't really seen another attempt at something like that since the Gamecube is because Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company (which is 2/3 of the IP owners) feel that it's a series that only makes sense on portables by it's nature. With the trading of creatures and especially competing against random challengers anywhere you may be which gets limited when you restrict it to the internet and the living room. Judging by the lackluster response to their Gamecube experiments when they once tried to do that their theory may be right.
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    Damn. I didn't know Nintendo didn't own all of the Pokemon rights. What GameCube game was it that they made?

I'd think it's do good if they really went all out and put that Nintendo quality behind it. Same format release two games where you would need to buy both or trade with the other to get all Pokemon.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    yeah i didnt know that they shared ownership either.

On that topic, Im surprised nintendo or sony or even ms havent bought out the Dragonball z franchise.
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    Legacy of Goku>>>>>>
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pokemon had both Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness on GameCube. Don't think either of them did that well.
  • Broddie
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Damn. I didn't know Nintendo didn't own all of the Pokemon rights. What GameCube game was it that they made?

See @MorganFreemanKing's post. They actually sold over a million each but compared to the 5 million plus sales of the mainline games it was seen as lackluster. Didn't help both games case that they had mixed reception from reviewers and gamers either.
    I'd think it's do good if they really went all out and put that Nintendo quality behind it. Same format release two games where you would need to buy both or trade with the other to get all Pokemon.

Theoretically it sounds good but again it's pretty much appealing to the non-Pokemon audience when they do that and that's an audience that doesn't exactly flock to the IP. For better or worse the Pokemon fanbase has been greatly conditioned to accept the handheld format as the only viable format for the mainline titles for almost 20 years now.

For that reason I think the only Pokemon game you will see on Wii U would be a port of that Tekken and Pokemon mash up that Nintendo and Namco recently announced or any other spin off.