The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now the suns got too many PGs though...they should get that trade poppin for a solid big man...

Maybe Roy hibbert in Phoenix for Bledsoe and filler like Alex ?
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to D Rose for donating a million dollars to charity for after school programs in the city

Chiraq needed that....
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    D rose trying to buy fans. Get this ? ? outta here
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    ? Thirty

Been feeling the same way about this cat as I did about Kobe when the Lakers traded for him back in 96. I hope I'm as wrong as I was back then.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    memphis signs beasley

That's the last he should go to.

Out before media sports outlets start calling the Grizzles the new 'Jail Blazers'

How you figure? Small market and Zach and Tony Allen ain't having the ?
  • zerocool
    Options
    Posted in illpix yesterday.....got this from my Facebook

lebron-james-samsung-always-on-lebron-11-white-black.jpg
    Lebron had the Gabby Union pics back in march 2014.
    Tmz got a pic of him sharing...
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^How many times you go post this lame joke
  • zerocool
    Options
    ^How many times you go post this lame joke

4 times and twice on sunday
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't anticipated a bulls season this much since rose rookie year.I expect my ? Jimmy Butler to do it big this year and when mcbuckets gets acclimated he gonna be a low key roy candidate.
  • Beta
    Options
    lol @ swayze's last 3 posts...

2 buried posts and 1 that has 16 wtf reactions lol

WOAT poster
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So 2K finally got another voice for their my career player, bout ? time lls
  • Beta
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

hopefully they expand interactions with other players through rivalries and ? like that...I got tired of destroying jackson-ellis after like the 3rd time...
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nets’ three reasons for not re-signing Paul Pierce

As the Nets decided whether or not to bring back Paul Pierce, three things eventually led to Pierce changing addresses from the nation’s biggest city to its capital: Roster composition, cost and timing.

Nets general manager Billy King addressed Pierce’s departure for the first time Monday in Staten Island at the league’s unveiling of its NBA Cares community efforts leading up to the All-Star Game in February, which is being jointly hosted by the Knicks and Nets. He used all three reasons to back the team’s decision to let Pierce go to the Wizards on a one-year deal for $5.3 million, with a player option for a second.

“As we were going through the process of negotiating and looking at where we were with our power-forward position, I thought we had a lot of guys at that position,” King said. “I think that’s where Paul played last year, and I think that’s where he probably would have played if he came back, and we just felt it was time to maybe give some of those other guys more minutes, and rather than create a logjam there when we had needs somewhere else.”

Among Kevin Garnett, Mirza Teletovic, Mason Plumlee and Andrei Kirilenko, the Nets already had four players capable of playing power forward on the roster, with Plumlee in particular being a player they would like to see develop further after his promising rookie season and surprising inclusion on the gold medal-winning U.S. entry in the FIBA World Cup in Spain this month.

But given that Pierce, 36, spent the vast majority of his career at small forward — the one position in the starting lineup currently up for grabs — re-signing him not only would have cost the $5.3 million he wound up getting from Washington for this season but roughly an additional $20 million in luxury-tax payments played a significant role in the decision.

“Our goal is not to be where we were,” King said, referring to the Nets’ record payroll and luxury-tax bill last season of over $190 million. “We got there last year, but that wasn’t the intent when we started.

“We wanted to reduce payroll a little bit, but if we felt there were deals out there that made sense, we would’ve kept going.”

They decided that it didn’t make sense to keep Pierce, which would have pushed their payroll and luxury-tax commitments from the roughly $130 million its at now to somewhere north of $150 million.

But there also was an element of timing to the situation. After initial discussions with Pierce and his agent, league power broker Jeff Schwartz, King said he was expecting Pierce to go elsewhere. That, however, was before a few unlikely series of events unfolded, including the Wizards losing Trevor Ariza to the Rockets — who needed Ariza because another potential Pierce suitor, the Mavericks, managed to lure Chandler Parsons away from Houston.

In the meantime, the Nets had agreed to bring 2011 draft pick Bojan Bogdanovic over from Europe and had traded for Sergey Karasev — along with Jarrett Jack — from Cleveland, allowing them to get younger and add depth on the wings. That changed the composition of the roster from what they had in mind as they went into the summer planning on bringing Pierce back.

“That was the plan of attack, and when we started negotiations, the numbers they asked for were [too high], and I thought at one point he was definitely leaving,” said King.

“So, you start switching gears because you start hearing he’s going to end up some other place so you have to start preparing, and when he came back to us we had already moved on.”

King also admitted the sign-and-trade offers the Nets received for Pierce — which included those Clippers’ coach Doc Rivers said he discussed with the team in July — simply didn’t include desirable enough assets in return to justify the extra money it would cost to make them.

“Once we thought he was leaving, then you start thinking [about what’s next], and when people called with sign-and-trades we looked at them. [But] they didn’t make sense with some of the players we were getting back, because some of them were duplication or some of them weren’t better than the players we have.”
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

hopefully they expand interactions with other players through rivalries and ? like that...I got tired of destroying jackson-ellis after like the 3rd time...

You geeks take this to the proper forum
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

damn mane, lighten up, u gon talk to ya kids that way when they get on the game too? lol
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol and Smh
    lmao These ? doing too much....
  • D0wn
    Options
    RAPH wrote: »
    2016 NBA Alternate Jerseys to contain Sleeves, buttons, collars, and logos.

11143ac513a5f1b027e9f838128c29a9.pngd7f34c68ffd75de65ce94d6baa89e2f1.png
    5faf5b1878be8209a5221e6f1f1835cd.png
    00d2fcc97d15b77df2d63332f2462b03.png

the Nba is, dickriding soccer so bad.
  • D0wn
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    RAPH wrote: »
    2016 NBA Alternate Jerseys to contain Sleeves, buttons, collars, and logos.

11143ac513a5f1b027e9f838128c29a9.pngd7f34c68ffd75de65ce94d6baa89e2f1.png
    5faf5b1878be8209a5221e6f1f1835cd.png
    00d2fcc97d15b77df2d63332f2462b03.png

the Nba is, dickriding soccer so bad.

Cont. Imagine Jordan in the air, tongue out with some ? like this. Smh
  • Beta
    Options

damn mane, lighten up, u gon talk to ya kids that way when they get on the game too? lol

It's part of his persona...he ain't really like this...
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao at the 3 people who will use the heat in NBA2k this year.

That run didn't last, sucka ass ? gotta hope they give the heat a "retro" team
This discussion has been closed.