Police gun down 17 year old unarmed black teen. (Update) Darren Wilson Not Indicted

Options

Comments

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Gore got into a fight broke 3 fingers on the dude..didnt file a report n dropped the dude off at home

Thought police had discretion to use force?
    Anyone have a link?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Gore got into a fight broke 3 fingers on the dude..didnt file a report n dropped the dude off at home

Thought police had discretion to use force?
    Anyone have a link?

http://fox2now.com/2014/07/25/metrolink-officer-accused-of-beating-rider-with-baton/
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dawon Gore, 44, is a 13-year veteran of the department who worked on the Metrolink Unit for almost two years. According to police, a 24-year-old man accused Gore of striking his hand with an expandable baton after an argument on the Metrolink platform.
    After investigating, officers believe that Gore used the baton as a weapon opposed to enforcing the law.
    He is currently being held on $3,500 cash-only bond.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf is this kkk ?
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anonymous is a distraction. Ain't nobody thinking about that stuff they're on.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Anonymous is a distraction. Ain't nobody thinking about that stuff they're on.
    As much a ? eat up twitter...

Ha... but yeah its obvious their motives and intentions
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K_Fisher wrote: »
    It's no surprise from your username why my response rattled your cage.
    I'm not bothered by ignorance towards this Mike Brown situation. I'm more concerned about your inability to separate justice for black americans from inner city crime. Two separate issues. Yet you lump them together like the misinformed idiot you come across as

Don't get me wrong , I agree that the guy deserves justice and am for effective protests (not mindless chaos). My point is just the sheer scale of outrage these stories get.You mentioned Rallies happen every day..fair enough. Lets not even go far my friend. Post a link to a thread of one such rally here ( and if it exists lets see if it goes beyond 5 pages )..I'll wait. I agree it is a justice issue and most people's hearts are in the right place. I was really targeting the minority that are tuned ( in similar cases) to think murder is norm unless a white guy pulls the trigger. These events should actually strengthen these kids and sharpen their minds.

As for the education system failing me..I think after a diploma , 2 Bachelors (Hons) and a Masters from a top tier University, I gave up on it too.
    Again, your comments are coming from a place of ignorance. You know no better. It's not a issue of a "white man pulling the trigger". It's the problem with a system that allows law enforcement free will to shoot & ? unarmed black americans without any jail time.
    This is the same system that's quick to put black men in jail for unfair periods of time (verse any other race), but refuses to hold accountable cops who hunt us down without justification. Plus who are these black ppl you're preaching too? Everybody here pretty much understands the circumstances.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Chicity wrote: »
    Moving stuff. Now if only you'd get half of this outrage from the community when its black on black violence. Then I guess alot of these communities will be much better off.
    Deflection

Police Brutality and a Corrupt 'Justice' System is on trial today friend

Good to see a dignified response.I agree 100 percent but my question is why can we not at this very moment when everyone's attention is focused to this..question ourselves and how we perceive each other.Its not a deflection at all.Thats my opinion any way

Because contrary to popular belief and media portrayal, black on black crime IS NOT significantly worse than white on white crime. 83% of white people are killed by other white people, compared to 90% of black people being killed by other Black people. Even the 7% difference can be accounted for by differences in the demographics of neighborhoods where Blacks live and Whites live(Blacks are more likely to live in de facto segregated neighborhoods with less diversity).

On the contrary a Black male is 21 times more likely to be killed by the police than a white male.

Also reports show that of hate crimes motivated by race, 70% were composed of anti-black bias, while 17.7% were of anti-white bias even though we make up 13% of the country!.

You want to talk about crime in the black community let's talk about it.Aggressive police targeting gets young black males into a criminal system where they are more likely than their white peers to be convicted of their accused crimes. They are entered into a prison system where there is a 76% rate of recidivism. In an already tight job market, Blacks ex-convicts are extremely hard pressed to find legitimate employment, resulting in a return to crime, and ultimately a return to prison and the cycle continues.

The justice system is fundamentally ? up, so that absolutely should be the priority. Violent crime in the Black community is on the decline. Police shootings of Black people are on the rise.
    rhAvDoQ.jpg

• BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
    why,why,why are the people burning down their own town?
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's no surprise from your username why my response rattled your cage.
    I'm not bothered by ignorance towards this Mike Brown situation. I'm more concerned about your inability to separate justice for black americans from inner city crime. Two separate issues. Yet you lump them together like the misinformed idiot you come across as

Don't get me wrong , I agree that the guy deserves justice and am for effective protests (not mindless chaos). My point is just the sheer scale of outrage these stories get.You mentioned Rallies happen every day..fair enough. Lets not even go far my friend. Post a link to a thread of one such rally here ( and if it exists lets see if it goes beyond 5 pages )..I'll wait. I agree it is a justice issue and most people's hearts are in the right place. I was really targeting the minority that are tuned ( in similar cases) to think murder is norm unless a white guy pulls the trigger. These events should actually strengthen these kids and sharpen their minds.

As for the education system failing me..I think after a diploma , 2 Bachelors (Hons) and a Masters from a top tier University, I gave up on it too.
    Again, your comments are coming from a place of ignorance. You know no better. It's not a issue of a "white man pulling the trigger". It's the problem with a system that allows law enforcement free will to shoot & ? unarmed black americans without any jail time.
    This is the same system that's quick to put black men in jail for unfair periods of time (verse any other race), but refuses to hold accountable cops who hunt us down without justification. Plus who are these black ppl you're preaching too? Everybody here pretty much understands the circumstances.

As its clear you don't get my point . I'll leave it at that.Funny thing is I agree with everything you say aka the view from your angle.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Side note: Does the amount of killing in the black community not stand out to y'all? We're only 13% of the country right?

*keeps on moving*
  • K_Fisher
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Side note: Does the amount of killing in the black community not stand out to y'all? We're only 13% of the country right?

*keeps on moving*

Thank you.

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*keeps on moving*

27% of Blacks live at or below the poverty line, compared to 9.9% of whites. Poverty breeds crime. Lack of opportunity breeds poverty. Unemployment breeds lack of opportunity. A criminal record makes unemployment more likely. Targeted and biased policing leads to more blacks with criminal records. A person with a criminal record is more likely to commit a crime.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Violent crime in the black community has dropped steadily since the 80s
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*keeps on moving*
    My ? it is a problem but it is not THIS PROBLEM.

Link you better than that.

• K_Fisher
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Seriously, the mods need to ban anyone who brings up black on black crime argument. . If you want to discuss black on black crime then make a thread about it.
    This thread is about the injustice of the legal system in America and for Mike brown

I can respect that.

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*keeps on moving*

What does this have to do with the original post?

Nothing? Oh ok. Get the ? on then.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so his mind is clear for killing a black person and watching a city burn and wasting tax dollars an starting a nationwide protest?

and he goes an gets married.

an people are ok with thisdude??
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    BarreGoff wrote: »
    why,why,why are the people burning down their own town?

I have yet to see 1 person burn down their own home. The other ? don't belong to them, so ? it. Let that ? burn.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Come on Bama, stand the ? up. I need to try to organize some ? myself.