• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not your ? ,?
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Sigh. Why tf is Trinidad James on CNN. I said this during Ferguson...
    S2J wrote: »

Man ? rap and rappers. Okay? That is not the pinnacle of black culture. Get out the fukin house.

I get tired of havin to explain away names, have caveats of 'oh yes im a positive brother but this is why i rap about killing'. I get tired of watching Politically Correct and all the panelists have their regular, full name, then 'and here's rapper ____.' Im tired of seeing the most serious of conversations on huge stages and we bein introduced by nicknames. Like we're fukin caricatures. ? rappers. We bigger than just that

denzelmalcolmx.gif

How can you talk about rappers with there allies on debate panels and then have a photo of Malcolm X? A name is just a name. Maybe the rappers are rejecting their government names.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's nothing positive, productive, nor progressive about that word ...... period!
    Phonetic spelling and/or pronunciation, whatever ....... That argument holds no weight at all when the negative images that white society cultivated and propagated about black skin and black people, since slavery, are still associated with the word psychologically . Fact, when you see "N-word" it automatically triggers negative images in the subconscious.

The use of the word ? /? by blacks reflects self-and same-race loathing. It's 2015 and the only place the word is used, beside the 'hood', is in Black music & movies. Which is just another form of government propaganda used to dumb down the masses ....

Question for those of you who defend and use that word ...... When was the last time you used it while ......
    giving that presentation at work?!
    your college thesis?! ........
    On your resume or on your LinkedIn page?! .......
    The prayer at grandma's house while blessing that Sunday dinner?!
    Setting that Dr. appt. or travel arrangements?

I don't use it at all. In private or public speaking. I noticed that it has benefited in how people perceive me and speak around me.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    Why do black people have to piggyback off of a hateful WHITE WORD and "turn it into something endearing"

Why cant black people just create and stand on their own.

Back in the black power/civil rights era it was all brother/? /king and black people acted accordingly.

Now its ? and black people act accordingly!

Words are powerful, you either slow or just stubborn to still defend the use of that word.

Cosign. Dudes don't realize they couldn't walk up to Malcolm and call him a ? without being checked.
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Always funny hearing white people ? about not being able to use ? , knowing their history behind the word, why the ? are you so upset and complaining that you cant use it in the first place? I ask them that ? everytime they want to bring up with they cant use it and its not like yall dont use the word regardless of how we feel about it or not

Cause they get fired and told not to say it in any context creating a ridiculous double standard.

The double standards white people have against black people far outweights yall not being able to say ? but like I asked before why does it bother you guys that yall cant say it?

Its good you acknowledge its a double standard but the solution can't be who can get the most double standards.

Show the double standards against black people and fight for them to be corrected.

Speech should be protected for all races not just "that white guy said ? ,lets ? him over." Because then to be fair you would have to do that for all people that use words that could be deemed offensive.

And the "why do you guys wanna say it" argument. Cause its a right. Just like you have the right to say any words you want to.
    The speech is protected. White people are not jailed for saying ? /a.

Your right they won't be jailed for it but they will lose jobs, be thrown out of school and be told its something you can't say. Whereas any other race says anything and its completely fine.

It's called consequences . If a group of black men jump another black man in the eye of the law it's assault . But if the same group jump a white guy it's an assault and a hate crime. Let talk real double standard like a white person doing hard drugs and going to rehab and getting out and being respected in society and being able to work a corporate job, while a black person who did the samething is just look at like a ? head or a person who is untrustworthy.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always funny hearing white people ? about not being able to use ? , knowing their history behind the word, why the ? are you so upset and complaining that you cant use it in the first place? I ask them that ? everytime they want to bring up with they cant use it and its not like yall dont use the word regardless of how we feel about it or not

Cause they get fired and told not to say it in any context creating a ridiculous double standard.

The double standards white people have against black people far outweights yall not being able to say ? but like I asked before why does it bother you guys that yall cant say it?

Its good you acknowledge its a double standard but the solution can't be who can get the most double standards.

Show the double standards against black people and fight for them to be corrected.

Speech should be protected for all races not just "that white guy said ? ,lets ? him over." Because then to be fair you would have to do that for all people that use words that could be deemed offensive.

And the "why do you guys wanna say it" argument. Cause its a right. Just like you have the right to say any words you want to.

Your right they won't be jailed for it but they will lose jobs, be thrown out of school and be told its something you can't say. Whereas any other race says anything and its completely fine.

Well, here's an idea for white people............

53495a91513d38b04e518842a6601ded.jpg

Follow her lead^^^^^^^^.

• freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

Stop Lying. White folks aren't just saying ? . They are threatening Blacks with Violence and Death.

No ones lying. We're talking about saying the word. And black people threaten white people also. So that goes both ways.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    ? is the least of our worries as a people. After years of studying and meditating on this word and our history, I have discovered that the problem is not a word in the public space, but rather our opinion of ourselves. Black people in general in this country don't think of ourselves as powerful enough to define ourselves in any capacity. The term ? does come from a bad place perhaps, but we don't see it's link to all the other exonyms that we are referred to by. There is no term in the English lexicon that is created by Black people to define/describe black people.

Even the etymology of "Africa" is European, with "Afri" referring to the peole and "ca" meaning "land of." We let them call us ? , Black, Colored, African American as acceptable terms for some reason, and terms like ? , ? , ? as pejorative terms, but their origin is the same - White folk. When people like Tupac come out and say that ? should mean "Never Ignorant Getting Goals Accomplished," people brush him off like he said nothing at all. Self-determination is absent from our principles.

Damn these words though. Donald Sterling was outed as a racist and he never used one racial epithet. He bought a team for 12 million and sold it for 2 billion, while making money in the interim, and our folk didn't even have the principles to stop playing and shut down the industry for one game. Even when he "lost," he got a 16,000% profit, and he's still ? the girl that outed him. That's power. Defining ourselves as a people is the first step to power.

Just stop the post. ? it. It's done. This individual just came through and 2000 Vince Carter'd the thread. Over. It's over.
  • freethewave
    Options

It's called consequences . If a group of black men jump another black man in the eye of the law it's assault . But if the same group jump a white guy it's an assault and a hate crime. Let talk real double standard like a white person doing hard drugs and going to rehab and getting out and being respected in society and being able to work a corporate job, while a black person who did the samething is just look at like a ? head or a person who is untrustworthy.

Yeah hate crimes are ? .
    As for that scenario you created..who's making those rules?
  • power_wisdom
    Options

Yeah hate crimes are ? .

Society or maybe the power that be. But it's the truth. I seen white privilege for myself first hand. And when I talk to some of my older generation, they shared the same experiences. And these things been going on for years. These are the issues we should be talking about. Let's talk about not being treated the same. Not being allowed to advance unless we are 10 better then our white counterparts. That's a real issue. Because the white man not going to debate you about calling him a cracka or a ? . But he going to fight you about his money or way of life. If you say the word or not that's your prerogative but don't act like black people saying the word is the root of all these racial problems. Money or the lack of it is the biggest separator in our differences.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah hate crimes are ? .

Society or maybe the power that be. But it's the truth. I seen white privilege for myself first hand. And when I talk to some of my older generation, they shared the same experiences. And these things been going on for years. These are the issues we should be talking about. Let's talk about not being treated the same. Not being allowed to advance unless we are 10 better then our white counterparts. That's a real issue. Because the white man not going to debate you about calling him a cracka or a ? . But he going to fight you about his money or way of life. If you say the word or not that's your prerogative but don't act like black people saying the word is the root of all these racial problems. Money or the lack of it is the biggest separator in our differences.

This is the truth and any argument for or against usage of the word doesn't address this at all.

However, I disagree 100% the biggest separators are Whites, a systematic racist Govt and the Blacks who support them and it.

• freethewave
    Options

Yeah hate crimes are ? .

Black and white people should be able to say what they want. Society deeming it ok for one and not the other is where the problems gonna erupt.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Yeah hate crimes are ? .

Black and white people should be able to say what they want. Society deeming it ok for one and not the other is where the problems gonna erupt.

Blacks and white can say what they like. The problems begin when people don't think before they speak or fail to take responsibility for the things they say.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do black people have to piggyback off of a hateful WHITE WORD and "turn it into something endearing"

Back in the black power/civil rights era it was all brother/? /king and black people acted accordingly.

Words are powerful, you either slow or just stubborn to still defend the use of that word.

I think what previous posters tried to get across by explaining the historical context of the word, is that there is probably a deeper reason why the word was so easily used by Black people.

• hiphop12345
    Options

The same for Black people. You act like the average Black person in a corporate setting can go around saying "What up my ? ".

• Kwan Dai
    Options

Stop Lying. White folks aren't just saying ? . They are threatening Blacks with Violence and Death.

No ones lying. We're talking about saying the word. And black people threaten white people also. So that goes both ways.

Would you mind pointing us to videos, showing Blacks openly chanting, singing, speaking, shouting racial epithets, accompanied with threats of violence and death toward whites?

That would help your very stupid posts up to this point.

• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think what previous posters tried to get across by explaining the historical context of the word, is that there is probably a deeper reason why the word was so easily used by Black people.

Yea its easily used because black people had the ? beat into their head that they were ? in the same way that they were beat into believing they are CHRISTIANS.
  • freethewave
    Options

The same for Black people. You act like the average Black person in a corporate setting can go around saying "What up my ? ".

Imo they should be able to. I'm guessing they would be a pretty strong lawsuit if a black guy got fired for sayin ? .

From the vid it was about who can and who can't. I'm saying everyone should. I'm not saying white people should be going around being racist but you can't limit speech to some races.
  • freethewave
    Options

Yeah hate crimes are ? .

Blacks and white can say what they like. The problems begin when people don't think before they speak or fail to take responsibility for the things they say.

When's the last time a non-white has been pulled up for saying something racist?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

Well, here's an idea for white people............

53495a91513d38b04e518842a6601ded.jpg

Follow her lead^^^^^^^^.

This reminds me of a time when I pulled a white boy's card after he got too comfortable and said it one day while telling me a story. Ever since then, he acts just like that lady in the gif whenever the word comes up lol.
  • freethewave
    Options

Would you mind pointing us to videos, showing Blacks openly chanting, singing, speaking, shouting racial epithets, accompanied with threats of violence and death toward whites?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DDb2byj74oY
  • power_wisdom
    Options

Yeah hate crimes are ? .

This is the truth and any argument for or against usage of the word doesn't address this at all.

However, I disagree 100% the biggest separators are Whites, a systematic racist Govt and the Blacks who support them and it.

I said money because money=power. If the majority of blacks had true money and power, then we wouldn't have depend on the "white government" for justice and opportunities . You wouldn't get out of college and still go through the ringer just to get a job. You could advance quicker in a job. You wouldn't get harassed by cops unjustly. Mainly because we would have money and connections to get jobs. Our CEO'S and supervisors would look like us and not be afraid to help us out because we might make them look back. Cops would think twice about Fucken with you because they knew you had money to fight injustice. Because if the money and opportunity was distributed equally or allowed to be obtain fairly. So people wouldn't assume a person status base on race.

Yeah hate crimes are ? .

Society or maybe the power that be. But it's the truth. I seen white privilege for myself first hand. And when I talk to some of my older generation, they shared the same experiences. And these things been going on for years. These are the issues we should be talking about. Let's talk about not being treated the same. Not being allowed to
  • hiphop12345
    edited March 2015
    Options

A fringe group, now show a video of them in a court room with robe and gavel, or with a badge.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Get this edited right wing Republican ? video out of here.
  • freethewave
    Options

A fringe group, now show a video of them in a court room with robe and gavel, or with a badge.

You just gonna keep changing the point? Your asking me to show a video of a black person being racist with a robe and gavel? That has nothing to do with what we we're talking about.