Miss Japan, Miss Japan

Options

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Black and Asian is usually a damn good mix for women.

I wonder what Musashi has to say about this though.

Not always the case. I know a half black and Koren chick that wasn't that cute.

Let's post the half Black and Asian chicks now:

Angela+Yee+Dress+Success+Honors+Mothers+Event+dYmuL3RmnHLl.jpg

amerie2%20copy.jpg

1251313197_kimora_lee_290x402.jpg

jheneaiko.jpg
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    she was born and raised in Japan, but she's not Japanese?? makes sense

not every nation is jus soli like the US.

anyway, she's gorgeous and smash, but i'm not too mad at criticism that she's not "Japanese enough"

agreed she fine. and I was stationed in Japan for 3 years. so I know its not like the US, but if your born in Japan you get a Japanese passport= Being Japanese.. now her not looking fully Japanese is obvious.. shes half & half. don't see the issue here

according to them, she's not Japanese enough. i can't really be too mad since Japan doesn't even consider Koreans born there to be Japanese (and they all look the same no racial)
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    okay this is like saying Obama is not black enough to be called the first black president.

Black is a term that encompasses the entire race. Obama is black but he's not really African American and not all blacks are African Americans.

Do you understand that Japanese is a separate ethnicity?? To be ethnically Japanese both your mother and father have to be Japanese.

Then every Asian country has a separate ethnicity instead of a nationality.

They all fall under Asian or whatever the term is that encompasses the people from China all the way to India. Her nationality is Japanese
    She was raised Japanese

Yes but she's not ethnically Japanese and in Japan just like most of north east Asia ethnicity is more important.
  • zombie
    Options
    okay this is like saying Obama is not black enough to be called the first black president.

no its not. not every nation is the same. being born in Japan doesn't make you Japanese according to their laws

Her mother was born in Japan...

That is not enough
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    bgoat wrote: »
    Damn shame!!

The beauty queen criticized for not being Japanese enough

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/asia/japans-biracial-beauty-queen/index.html

Tokyo (CNN)A biracial beauty queen in Japan is facing criticism for not being Japanese enough.

Half-Japanese and half African-American, Miss Nagasaki Ariana Miyamoto is the first-ever mixed-race Miss Universe Japan.

Some say she doesn't represent Japan's demographic, while others champion the model, proud that she is overcoming racial hurdles and helping to expand the definition of what it means to be Japanese.

I can't even be mad at them for that honestly. Japan is one of the most ethnically homegeneous places out there. As stupid as beauty pageants might be, it stands to reason it would rub a few people the wrong way that the paragon of beauty at least for this year doesn't even look like the vast majority of the population.

? that, she was born and raised in Japan, so she's Japanese. They can't get mad that her mother had some chocolate and she came out and won the crown fair and square. If people were that serious about a more traditional (i.e. with no black blood or features, let's keep it real) Japanese woman winning, they would have voted another girl to win in the first place.
    Japanese aren't necessarily racist but they are VERY Nationalistic.

They hate other Asians more than the hate black people actually.

Japan >>> America far as race is concerned. Just ask any black person whose been to Japan or lives there.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    lol Japan is racist af
  • GodSpeed215
    GodSpeed215 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You beat me to it dude
  • GodSpeed215
    GodSpeed215 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    Based on my Google search, she has the typical super skinny pageant body. Long legs, not much ? and...sorry fellas...no ass.

She definitely a ? then

Thread
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

anyway, she's gorgeous and smash, but i'm not too mad at criticism that she's not "Japanese enough"

agreed she fine. and I was stationed in Japan for 3 years. so I know its not like the US, but if your born in Japan you get a Japanese passport= Being Japanese.. now her not looking fully Japanese is obvious.. shes half & half. don't see the issue here

according to them, she's not Japanese enough. i can't really be too mad since Japan doesn't even consider Koreans born there to be Japanese (and they all look the same no racial)

which I found kinda crazy (from MY experience) in Japan.. I never forget I walked up to this white dude (I assumed he was American) and asked him something in english... dude started talking and was straight up Japanese. its so many mixed folks over there (black and white). Japan seemed well past their racial issues, but apparently not
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

which I found kinda crazy (from MY experience) in Japan.. I never forget I walked up to this white dude (I assumed he was American) and asked him something in english... dude started talking and was straight up Japanese. its so many mixed folks over there (black and white). Japan seemed well past their racial issues, but apparently not

my sister used to live in Japan and according to her, there are racial/ethnic issues (Japan is like 99% ethnic Japanese)
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Japan doesn't even consider Koreans born there to be Japanese (and they all look the same)

True. I can't figure out how those muhfuckas tell each other apart. No matter how much some people try to explain the differences

I guess they can tell though.

And y hate on a Korean heritaged person born in japan? That's some DR/Haiti ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    gns wrote: »

Japan doesn't even consider Koreans born there to be Japanese (and they all look the same)

True. I can't figure out how those muhfuckas tell each other apart. No matter how much some people try to explain the differences

I guess they can tell though.

And y hate on a Korean heritaged person born in japan? That's some DR/Haiti ? .

Japan colonized Korea so there's a bad history between them
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

Technically, he our first 'bi-racial' president. I have never heard whites say, he is our 44th elected white president but blacks will say ,meh...close enough.

smh..one drop rules still applies.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/jefferson/mixed/onedrop.html

The One-Drop Rule Defined
    To be considered black in the United States not even half of one's ancestry must be African black. But will one-fourth do, or one-eighth, or less? The nation's answer to the question 'Who is black?" has long been that a black is any person with any known African black ancestry. This definition reflects the long experience with slavery and later with Jim Crow segregation. In the South it became known as the "one-drop rule,'' meaning that a single drop of "black blood" makes a person a black. It is also known as the "one black ancestor rule," some courts have called it the "traceable amount rule," and anthropologists call it the "hypo-descent rule," meaning that racially mixed persons are assigned the status of the subordinate group. This definition emerged from the American South to become the nation's definition, generally accepted by whites and blacks. Blacks had no other choice. As we shall see, this American cultural definition of blacks is taken for granted as readily by judges, affirmative action officers, and black protesters as it is by Ku Klux Klansmen

barack3_1362289c.jpg

• Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spent some time in Japan and they definitely have race issues. I remember not being able to get seated in a restaurant apparently I missed the "no gaijin" sign outside.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    going in raw #teamchildsupport
  • Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    Spent some time in Japan and they definitely have race issues. I remember not being able to get seated in a restaurant apparently I missed the "no gaijin" sign outside.

Nationalistic or xenophobia issues, not race issues per say.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...saying she's Japanese simply denotes to her nationality. She's born there, raised there, has her citizenship there, has there cultural make up. It's completely accurate to say she's Japanese even though her heritage is mixed with African American.
  • zombie
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    ...saying she's Japanese simply denotes to her nationality. She's born there, raised there, has her citizenship there, has there cultural make up. It's completely accurate to say she's Japanese even though her heritage is mixed with African American.

Well, the Japanese themselves disagree with you
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    Damn shame!!

The beauty queen criticized for not being Japanese enough

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/asia/japans-biracial-beauty-queen/index.html

Tokyo (CNN)A biracial beauty queen in Japan is facing criticism for not being Japanese enough.

Half-Japanese and half African-American, Miss Nagasaki Ariana Miyamoto is the first-ever mixed-race Miss Universe Japan.

Some say she doesn't represent Japan's demographic, while others champion the model, proud that she is overcoming racial hurdles and helping to expand the definition of what it means to be Japanese.

I can't even be mad at them for that honestly. Japan is one of the most ethnically homegeneous places out there. As stupid as beauty pageants might be, it stands to reason it would rub a few people the wrong way that the paragon of beauty at least for this year doesn't even look like the vast majority of the population.

But it's not like she even look that different from the general Japanese female tho.

i don't necessarily agree that certain groups of people all look similar to one another anyways...only that you could argue specific features of the group like the nose or chin tend to look similar. Everyone's face is different and this girl here is no exception to that rule...any given attractive Japanese girl that is pure japanese still has her own unique combination of physical features that distinguish her face from other japanese girls. The only things about this girl that look African American is her hair a bit, and you could maybe argue her eyes and lips.
  • Fosheezy
    Options

yea from a foundation of bloodline...but nationality isn't about where the blood comes from. from a bloodline foundation, we are all distant relatives.

just curious, you think this girl has the right to identify as 'black'?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black and Asian is usually a damn good mix for women.

I wonder what Musashi has to say about this though.

i had a black and Asian girlfriend my freshman year... smh thick as ? ... smh she was halfway ? when we was together... full blown now...
  • zombie
    Options

yea from a foundation of bloodline...but nationality isn't about where the blood comes from. from a bloodline foundation, we are all distant relatives.

just curious, you think this girl has the right to identify as 'black'?

That's not really how the ? see it they are both a nationality and a bloodline you can have the nationality but if you don't have the bloodline you are not really japanese.

If she wants to be seen as black and thinks of herself as black i don't see a problem with it, she looks way more black than she does japanese.