texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »

gBB2nXWOuVDTnp30rYHHsIUnwJpUzCyhcloJe7qs3.jpg

How about stop using Wikipedia as a source, Mate. Therefor as I said he was a Ghostwriter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdp0-ceqenM

Charles “Slick D” Rawls 2 days ago
    Drake fans turning into hellen keller when you bring up these reference tracks.
    Reply · 44

So Complex basically wrote an article today pretty much based on this post. Hey Justin Charity I'm going to expose to people that I'm your ghostwriter, LOL. In the article Justin lays out exactly what I was saying that QM wasn't being credited for everything. I've been critical of Complex during this beef but I'm happy they are doing the right thing and reporting the facts instead of the spin.

http://www.complex.com/music/2015/08/drake-quentin-miller-meek-mill-rico-liner-notes?utm_campaign=complexmag+socialflow+08+2015&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"Quentin Miller isn't actally credited on R.I.C.O. and we have the Proof"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SKttg6YVtI

That R.I.C.O. Evdience spreading like wildfire. N!ggas now admiting QM was a ghostwriter. SMH @ the media just not checking the credits. LOL @ dudes trying to use Wikipedia and Rap Genius to give Drake a pass. It's amazing what one post can do, lol. @Rapmastermind = The Source. Send them checks fools, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzjg5Nc1yBA

Why you trying so hard, we get it bruh. Move the ? on. You posting the same ? over and over. Its plenty of "authentic" hip-hop to listen to. Let that ? breath. Crybaby ass ? . Drake take food out your mouth?

LOL @ N!gga getting mad cause Drake getting exposed. The only N!ggas crying is you fools trying to give Drake a pass. Don't be upset cause now the Media is calling out the Fraud. Also dude quoted me saying I was lying about the R.I.C.O credit, so I responded. Sorry I post facts not corny Meme's about Meek's clothes.

Now ? giving complex.com props. FOH. All I care is what's coming out the speakers. Idgaf how it was made. Jay wrote Still DRE, ? Jay thats Dre ? . Big write Victory, ? Biggie, thats Puffy ? , nobody can spit that ? like Diddy did. Jungle couldve really wrote Illmatic and I wouldnt give a flying ? , Nas would still be the Goat.

You ? care about the wrong ? , albums sales, ? networth, who they ? , what clothes wearing, what comprising pics got taken and turnt into the latest meme. Who wrote what. ? ? . Richard Pryor had writers, he the Goat. Mike Jackson had writers, he the Goat. Denzel the goat, he aint write the ? script. Drake aint even top 50, why ? yall so mad for. Talking exposing ? , exposing what? Like ? would rather be you, ? rapmastermind over Drake.

Disagree. Nas has a great voice, but his words are poetry. It would take away from his greatness for me if he didn't write it.

It's funny how you throw "who wrote what" in there with albums sales and ? networth. That's gotta be the first time I've seen that ? lmao.

Ya'll a bunch of superficial ? and some sell outs for valuing lyricism!

Rap is fake. Rap has been fake before this Drake ? . If ? really cared about the Culture why none of Drake peers backing Meek. Why none of the Goats backing Meek up. If ? really cared about the culture/lyricism why ? didnt band together and dismiss this ? Drake for misrepresenting the culture. Them ? aint even speaking on it. Jay-Z, Nas, Cole, K.Dot, them ? don't care man. ? ain't trying to ? up they paper, they industry relationships. These rap ? value that over the culture. ? just need to focus on the music.

That's exactly the problem. It's why fans should hold these artists accountable and not let them get lazy and greedy. Most of the mainstream artists aren't lyricist anyways, and part of it is because the standards are so low.

But let's put this ? in perspective here. It's not like Drake is out here getting exposed and out barred by Rakim my ? . Why the ? would they cape for Meek? He out here looking ridiculous getting out barred by a singin ? .

And not to mention several rappers have commented on the fact that Drake would lose some level of credibility if he isn't responsible for his rhymes, even if they expect his career to stay afloat. This is exactly what Crooked I has said.

• IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AfrikQueen wrote: »
    Such a weak diss by both parties. Drake is calculated, he knows who to respond to, and who not to respond to. When a real black man such as Kendrick was coming at his neck, he got ? . Such a classic mulatto move. Drake's popularity is mostly the factor of white Anglo saxons who purchase his records, who have never even heard of a diss track before. It's such sad times when individuals begin to excuse a ? for having ghostwriters. Most people sided with Drake just because he's a mulatto, and light skin. Its a sad day for Hip-Hop when the top 2 selling male artist within the culture contemporary aren't even black, their mulatto.

Drake's pseudoblack now huh?
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tell Kendrick stop straining his voice when he raps. it gives me headaches when i listen
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Gunplay the only dude to speak on it
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't surprise that after party got shot up. It's way too easy to sneak in that joint because my boys manage to hop the fence to get in last year. Barely any security around
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think meek woulda lost whether he dropped the diss track or not, ? are forgetting that the Internet was on Drake's side from the jump. Meek was already in the grave, the diss was just the nail in the coffin
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Options
    Even if that was Meek's mom. That clearly wasn't last night.

...And it's so funny to me how it's supposed to be cool to diss mulattos, and support any and all darkskin people in hiphop. These dumb ? invented this set of rules. But then they themselves turn around have a problem with this “class system” when they decided that lightskin people are winning the fake war they invented.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So were switching up the narrative now cause ? don't like the end result?
    Broddie wrote: »
    It's very easy to take on easy targets. I could kick a man in a wheelchair down a flight of stairs too.

Let me know when Drake responds to Kendrick. If ever.

So drake started this ? or did he finish it? Meek and flex pegged him as the easy target. Not the other way around. How you ? criticizing him for doing what you were criticizing him for not doing?

Really tho the truth is in the silence. None of these rap ? talking. Cause they doing the same ? . Its all a hustle.

I have no real horse in this race. I don't listen to mainstream rap. Haven't since 2005. This is why I don't even post in The Reason anymore. I got nothing to talk about with most of ya. I don't go to clubs where hip hop is usually played either if I do go clubbing. I couldn't name you one Drake or Meek or even Kendrick Lamar song or quote you any bar. This music now just isn't for me.

With that said I've been deeply ingrained in hip hop culture since 1988 here in good ol NYC. I was born in the south bronx 10 years after hip hop was. ? is in my blood. The way I see it is this.

Drake got challenged and he responded? cool that's what he's supposed to do.

Meek responded and then Drake got back at him again? ok no problem that's the rules/

Then he kept on beating a man while he was down without giving him any other chance to respond. Now it's just petty bullying no longer a rap battle.

If Drake is supposedly this relentless and unforgiving on wax how come he failed to respond to other so called dudes "on his level" when they tried to lift up his skirt?

selective battling is not hip hop to me especially when you're doing it to somebody who is already a joke anyway but then again I'm in my 30's and not in my 20's like most of y'all so I came up under completely different hip hop ethics than most of ya did or are.

• gemini86
    Options
    Just went to Popeyes and heard back to back in 4 different cars
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So much fatherless dickeating in this thread.

• AfrikQueen
    AfrikQueen Members Posts: 84
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    Such a weak diss by both parties. Drake is calculated, he knows who to respond to, and who not to respond to. When a real black man such as Kendrick was coming at his neck, he got ? . Such a classic mulatto move. Drake's popularity is mostly the factor of white Anglo saxons who purchase his records, who have never even heard of a diss track before. It's such sad times when individuals begin to excuse a ? for having ghostwriters. Most people sided with Drake just because he's a mulatto, and light skin. Its a sad day for Hip-Hop when the top 2 selling male artist within the culture contemporary aren't even black, their mulatto.

seriously shut the ? up get and off this site with the ? . and for the record this ? was personal. not no "i wanna be the best lyrically" ? . ? trolls b

You catching feelings? Remove your lips from Drakes Jewish ? .
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Both drake and meeks battle tracks was trash but meeks was even worse so drake wins
  • gemini86
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »

seriously shut the ? up get and off this site with the ? . and for the record this ? was personal. not no "i wanna be the best lyrically" ? . ? trolls b

You catching feelings? Remove your lips from Drakes Jewish ? .

yea u a troll. i dont even like drake like that. u making irrelevant comments about Kendrick when it has nothing to do with him. and FYI, KENDRICK WAS ON DRAKES STAGE LAST NIGHT. on that Jewish mans stage. ? outta here lol
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Meeks deserves all of this. This is the same thing he did with Wale

Wale should've handled that on wax. Instead he took it to twitter too

That tweet was feminine af.

"Don't even text me"
    Smmfh
    Been disliked Meek since this unnecessary Wale shot last year. So I was really glad when Drake stepped up.

Meek seems like a ? ass ? to me. No Philly rapper respects dude. That should say alot about him.

And let's not forget him stalking and down talking on SB when he already got his girl. Meeks deserves every bit of this.
  • TheRealness91
    TheRealness91 Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Options
    Meek seems like a really emotional person. Lol I bet he regrets even tweeting that.
  • no2fuks
    no2fuks Members Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never understood how people judge others as soft or weak by how they look... People think they know who street by looks. Or can tell who smart by a pic. I remember when I first came on the net people kept saying I wasn't from the hood by looking at my pics.. Lol...

People are easy to fool, because they judge books by the cover. I also think drake writes. Its a difference between industry and talent. Just because the industry rumors it don't make it true. People don't think I write my lyrics when I do. The industry think everyone is fake. That's the business they don't believe nobody.

? what they talking about I can tell you hood from your pics lol
  • no2fuks
    no2fuks Members Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never understood how people judge others as soft or weak by how they look... People think they know who street by looks. Or can tell who smart by a pic. I remember when I first came on the net people kept saying I wasn't from the hood by looking at my pics.. Lol...

People are easy to fool, because they judge books by the cover. I also think drake writes. Its a difference between industry and talent. Just because the industry rumors it don't make it true. People don't think I write my lyrics when I do. The industry think everyone is fake. That's the business they don't believe nobody.

? what they talking about I can tell you hood from your pics lol
  • gemini86
    Options
    Both drake and meeks battle tracks was trash but meeks was even worse so drake wins

music is subjective but the majority rules Drakes song as fire
This discussion has been closed.