Thee Official Drake vs Meek Mill beef thread

Options

Comments

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMFAO, so much pleas being copped, so much defeat. 1 sided beef isnt real hiphop but yall wasnt crying when eminem was murdering old man benzino after he released his racist tapes about eminem disrespecting our black women.

if eminem could get away with that 10+ years ago, yall really cant say ? .

damn im a big eminem fan... u right
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    A better question tho, where were MMG at ???? And if Meek reached out to them how did that conversation go ?????

If they're so much of a family like Ross say they were, how come none of them came to Meek's aid or said anything at all. It's so ? up that Ross tweeted Drake >>>> Meek Mill SMMFH. If Meek asked any of them ? for help I wonder how that convo went.

At the end of the day you have to remember that it's business. That's why no one is throwing shots at Drake, cause they want to still get his features. and furthermore meek and ross only are tight through the business. sure we don't know what their relationship is like behind closed doors, but I don't doubt that if Ross has a choice between jumping in to help meek or saving himself, ross would save himself.

I also expect him to have some ? monologue when someone asks him about this as well. something like "You know, I just had to let the two lil homies hash it out between themselves. At the end of the day when you got love for your homies like I do, you can't get involved. See, at MMG, we like a family. We have lil disagreements but at the end of the day we all got love for each other. That's what it's like for meek and drake, they just like brothers so you know they gon have their lil spats like bruthas do. that's all we still about gettin this money"
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake won the popularity contest nothing more
    All the memes in the world aren't gonna get him his credibility as a rapper back
    He should probably release another diss to just end it though
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    LMFAO, so much pleas being copped, so much defeat. 1 sided beef isnt real hiphop but yall wasnt crying when eminem was murdering old man benzino after he released his racist tapes about eminem disrespecting our black women.

my ? them green lantern mixtapes where the whole shady team destroying benzino and ja rule was beautiful
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »

gBB2nXWOuVDTnp30rYHHsIUnwJpUzCyhcloJe7qs3.jpg

How about stop using Wikipedia as a source, Mate. Therefor as I said he was a Ghostwriter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdp0-ceqenM

Charles “Slick D” Rawls 2 days ago
    Drake fans turning into hellen keller when you bring up these reference tracks.
    Reply · 44

So Complex basically wrote an article today pretty much based on this post. Hey Justin Charity I'm going to expose to people that I'm your ghostwriter, LOL. In the article Justin lays out exactly what I was saying that QM wasn't being credited for everything. I've been critical of Complex during this beef but I'm happy they are doing the right thing and reporting the facts instead of the spin.

http://www.complex.com/music/2015/08/drake-quentin-miller-meek-mill-rico-liner-notes?utm_campaign=complexmag+socialflow+08+2015&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"Quentin Miller isn't actally credited on R.I.C.O. and we have the Proof"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SKttg6YVtI

That R.I.C.O. Evdience spreading like wildfire. N!ggas now admiting QM was a ghostwriter. SMH @ the media just not checking the credits. LOL @ dudes trying to use Wikipedia and Rap Genius to give Drake a pass. It's amazing what one post can do, lol. @Rapmastermind = The Source. Send them checks fools, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzjg5Nc1yBA

Why you trying so hard, we get it bruh. Move the ? on. You posting the same ? over and over. Its plenty of "authentic" hip-hop to listen to. Let that ? breath. Crybaby ass ? . Drake take food out your mouth?

LOL @ N!gga getting mad cause Drake getting exposed. The only N!ggas crying is you fools trying to give Drake a pass. Don't be upset cause now the Media is calling out the Fraud. Also dude quoted me saying I was lying about the R.I.C.O credit, so I responded. Sorry I post facts not corny Meme's about Meek's clothes.

Now ? giving complex.com props. FOH. All I care is what's coming out the speakers. Idgaf how it was made. Jay wrote Still DRE, ? Jay thats Dre ? . Big write Victory, ? Biggie, thats Puffy ? , nobody can spit that ? like Diddy did. Jungle couldve really wrote Illmatic and I wouldnt give a flying ? , Nas would still be the Goat.

You ? care about the wrong ? , albums sales, ? networth, who they ? , what clothes wearing, what comprising pics got taken and turnt into the latest meme. Who wrote what. ? ? . Richard Pryor had writers, he the Goat. Mike Jackson had writers, he the Goat. Denzel the goat, he aint write the ? script. Drake aint even top 50, why ? yall so mad for. Talking exposing ? , exposing what? Like ? would rather be you, ? rapmastermind over Drake.

Disagree. Nas has a great voice, but his words are poetry. It would take away from his greatness for me if he didn't write it.

It's funny how you throw "who wrote what" in there with albums sales and ? networth. That's gotta be the first time I've seen that ? lmao.

Ya'll a bunch of superficial ? and some sell outs for valuing lyricism!

Rap is fake. Rap has been fake before this Drake ? . If ? really cared about the Culture why none of Drake peers backing Meek. Why none of the Goats backing Meek up. If ? really cared about the culture/lyricism why ? didnt band together and dismiss this ? Drake for misrepresenting the culture. Them ? aint even speaking on it. Jay-Z, Nas, Cole, K.Dot, them ? don't care man. ? ain't trying to ? up they paper, they industry relationships. These rap ? value that over the culture. ? just need to focus on the music.

Spoken like a true, complacent sell out.

How am I the sellout when your favorite rapper ain't out here speaking against it.

Famo.

You are a sellout because your using a mountain of strawman arguments to deflect from the main issue here.

1. That whole "rap is fake" ? has been used to incriminate content, and the relationships within the industry, not the art of rapping itself which is what ghostwriting violates. You are reaching trying to use that as a blanket term to defile the whole ? .

2. My favorite rapper doesn't have to speak out on this ? atm with a wave of Hip-Hop purist already calling it out, and you twitter generation ass ? fail to realize it's only been a ? week. A week my ? . ? are still waiting to see if Meek gonna do something or not and if there is more evidence to build a case on Drakes legacy. If my favorite rapper is smart, he will pocket this newfound information until its his time for him to lyricaly confront Drake.

Bruh let get it go. Your girl must paint OVO on her toe nails. Im sorry Lupe Fiasco or Crooked I or some other super lyrical ? is not the most popular rapper in the game. I'm sorry your fellow hiphop heads aint elevate these ? to the top of popular culture. The people want what they want, and thats Drake and the ? is just eating alive bruh. Got you boiling and ? . I promise K.Dot or J.Cole or any Goat wont say Drake's name in a rap and call him out for this ? . Its Over. Drake's is a HipHop artist not a rapper. He will not be mention in the top 50 of all time so why us you so mad. Just enjoy the music bruh.

Stanley, you have nothin' for me or this debate.

Idris-Elba.gif

You fatherless ? can go ahead and ride the wave if you'd like, with this shallow attitude.
    The only reason why the bolded is true is because ? like me and my "-fellow Hip-Hop heads" speak on it, like I'm doin' now. If we didn't, you lames would be trying to crown Drake top 5 '-cuz teh muzik' that he may not have even written.

Go cry to Marvin's Room, ? .

What ? you the Batman or Daredevil of HipHop. Gtfoh. You must go around in a mask smacking ? beats headphones off if they're not listening to a underground Big L freestyle. You ? just dont like Drake, just say that. Music is music. I don't hear this ? when Kanye drops new ? .

Nah ? , just a Hip-Hop fan, very aware of the rules of the game.

What are you? Stop girlin'.
  • gemini86
    Options

my ? them green lantern mixtapes where the whole shady team destroying benzino and ja rule was beautiful

yea the invasion series used to be sick. that summer of 03 was GOAT. Riding around in my cousins car listening to Realest Killas on blast
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all gotta give props where it's due. Meek was a worthy enough opponent for Drake. Meek has the battling background not Drake. He is the one that could've had a lot of ammo on Drake but he just didn't execute it good enough. We & everybody know that Drake was stepping out of his comfort zone to battle Meek & Meek didn't do anything but get bodied.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think meek was caught off guard wit drake disses . i doubt he thought drake would of respond like that .
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »

gBB2nXWOuVDTnp30rYHHsIUnwJpUzCyhcloJe7qs3.jpg

How about stop using Wikipedia as a source, Mate. Therefor as I said he was a Ghostwriter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdp0-ceqenM

Charles “Slick D” Rawls 2 days ago
    Drake fans turning into hellen keller when you bring up these reference tracks.
    Reply · 44

So Complex basically wrote an article today pretty much based on this post. Hey Justin Charity I'm going to expose to people that I'm your ghostwriter, LOL. In the article Justin lays out exactly what I was saying that QM wasn't being credited for everything. I've been critical of Complex during this beef but I'm happy they are doing the right thing and reporting the facts instead of the spin.

http://www.complex.com/music/2015/08/drake-quentin-miller-meek-mill-rico-liner-notes?utm_campaign=complexmag+socialflow+08+2015&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"Quentin Miller isn't actally credited on R.I.C.O. and we have the Proof"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SKttg6YVtI

That R.I.C.O. Evdience spreading like wildfire. N!ggas now admiting QM was a ghostwriter. SMH @ the media just not checking the credits. LOL @ dudes trying to use Wikipedia and Rap Genius to give Drake a pass. It's amazing what one post can do, lol. @Rapmastermind = The Source. Send them checks fools, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzjg5Nc1yBA

Why you trying so hard, we get it bruh. Move the ? on. You posting the same ? over and over. Its plenty of "authentic" hip-hop to listen to. Let that ? breath. Crybaby ass ? . Drake take food out your mouth?

LOL @ N!gga getting mad cause Drake getting exposed. The only N!ggas crying is you fools trying to give Drake a pass. Don't be upset cause now the Media is calling out the Fraud. Also dude quoted me saying I was lying about the R.I.C.O credit, so I responded. Sorry I post facts not corny Meme's about Meek's clothes.

Now ? giving complex.com props. FOH. All I care is what's coming out the speakers. Idgaf how it was made. Jay wrote Still DRE, ? Jay thats Dre ? . Big write Victory, ? Biggie, thats Puffy ? , nobody can spit that ? like Diddy did. Jungle couldve really wrote Illmatic and I wouldnt give a flying ? , Nas would still be the Goat.

You ? care about the wrong ? , albums sales, ? networth, who they ? , what clothes wearing, what comprising pics got taken and turnt into the latest meme. Who wrote what. ? ? . Richard Pryor had writers, he the Goat. Mike Jackson had writers, he the Goat. Denzel the goat, he aint write the ? script. Drake aint even top 50, why ? yall so mad for. Talking exposing ? , exposing what? Like ? would rather be you, ? rapmastermind over Drake.

Disagree. Nas has a great voice, but his words are poetry. It would take away from his greatness for me if he didn't write it.

It's funny how you throw "who wrote what" in there with albums sales and ? networth. That's gotta be the first time I've seen that ? lmao.

Ya'll a bunch of superficial ? and some sell outs for valuing lyricism!

Rap is fake. Rap has been fake before this Drake ? . If ? really cared about the Culture why none of Drake peers backing Meek. Why none of the Goats backing Meek up. If ? really cared about the culture/lyricism why ? didnt band together and dismiss this ? Drake for misrepresenting the culture. Them ? aint even speaking on it. Jay-Z, Nas, Cole, K.Dot, them ? don't care man. ? ain't trying to ? up they paper, they industry relationships. These rap ? value that over the culture. ? just need to focus on the music.

Spoken like a true, complacent sell out.

How am I the sellout when your favorite rapper ain't out here speaking against it.

Famo.

You are a sellout because your using a mountain of strawman arguments to deflect from the main issue here.

1. That whole "rap is fake" ? has been used to incriminate content, and the relationships within the industry, not the art of rapping itself which is what ghostwriting violates. You are reaching trying to use that as a blanket term to defile the whole ? .

2. My favorite rapper doesn't have to speak out on this ? atm with a wave of Hip-Hop purist already calling it out, and you twitter generation ass ? fail to realize it's only been a ? week. A week my ? . ? are still waiting to see if Meek gonna do something or not and if there is more evidence to build a case on Drakes legacy. If my favorite rapper is smart, he will pocket this newfound information until its his time for him to lyricaly confront Drake.

Bruh let get it go. Your girl must paint OVO on her toe nails. Im sorry Lupe Fiasco or Crooked I or some other super lyrical ? is not the most popular rapper in the game. I'm sorry your fellow hiphop heads aint elevate these ? to the top of popular culture. The people want what they want, and thats Drake and the ? is just eating alive bruh. Got you boiling and ? . I promise K.Dot or J.Cole or any Goat wont say Drake's name in a rap and call him out for this ? . Its Over. Drake's is a HipHop artist not a rapper. He will not be mention in the top 50 of all time so why us you so mad. Just enjoy the music bruh.

Stanley, you have nothin' for me or this debate.

Idris-Elba.gif

You fatherless ? can go ahead and ride the wave if you'd like, with this shallow attitude.
    The only reason why the bolded is true is because ? like me and my "-fellow Hip-Hop heads" speak on it, like I'm doin' now. If we didn't, you lames would be trying to crown Drake top 5 '-cuz teh muzik' that he may not have even written.

Go cry to Marvin's Room, ? .

What ? you the Batman or Daredevil of HipHop. Gtfoh. You must go around in a mask smacking ? beats headphones off if they're not listening to a underground Big L freestyle. You ? just dont like Drake, just say that. Music is music. I don't hear this ? when Kanye drops new ? .

Nah ? , just a Hip-Hop fan, very aware of the rules of the game.

What are you? Stop girlin'.

Rules of the game? You ? is ? delusional with your hiphop bible thumbing.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been reading the last 10 pages. Just glad I wasn't on an island.
  • gemini86
    Options
    can we all agree that meek sucks at battling on wax
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it wasn't for Meek Mill the info on Quinten Miller ghostwritting for Drake would not have been exposed.

Thank you Meek Mill. I'm gonna give Dreams are Worth More Than Money another listen.
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Options
    Drake won the popularity contest nothing more
    All the memes in the world aren't gonna get him his credibility as a rapper back
    He should probably release another diss to just end it though

It's about what music he puts out from now on. He got caught on one album. It's a different story if this whole story is true for 3-4 albums, or it happened at the tail of his career. The seed of doubt is planted, but if he never uses ghostwritten verses again, and keeps dropping good music (ie. as before this incident)-- image is rehabilitated.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ayo shout out to Meek Mill for exposing this phony. Yeah he got bested lyrically by Q.M. but the info wouldn't have made it out there if it wasn't for him stepping up to do it. We owe him some gratitude.
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    Options
    They both suck
  • TheRealness91
    TheRealness91 Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Options
    Meek probably thought people were going to be on his side by exposing drake. This new generation clearly doesn't give a ? about ghost writing.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can we all agree that meek sucks at battling on wax

Word to canibus

“wait guys...I'm not a freestyle rapper...wait.... Y'all wanna hear this?.....wait"
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    So were switching up the narrative now cause ? don't like the end result?
    It's very easy to take on easy targets. I could kick a man in a wheelchair down a flight of stairs too.

Let me know when Drake responds to Kendrick. If ever.

So drake started this ? or did he finish it? Meek and flex pegged him as the easy target. Not the other way around. How you ? criticizing him for doing what you were criticizing him for not doing?

Really tho the truth is in the silence. None of these rap ? talking. Cause they doing the same ? . Its all a hustle.

I have no real horse in this race. I don't listen to mainstream rap. Haven't since 2005. This is why I don't even post in The Reason anymore. I got nothing to talk about with most of ya. I don't go to clubs where hip hop is usually played either if I do go clubbing. I couldn't name you one Drake or Meek or even Kendrick Lamar song or quote you any bar. This music now just isn't for me.

With that said I've been deeply ingrained in hip hop culture since 1988 here in good ol NYC. I was born in the south bronx 10 years after hip hop was. ? is in my blood. The way I see it is this.

Drake got challenged and he responded? cool that's what he's supposed to do.

Meek responded and then Drake got back at him again? ok no problem that's the rules/

Then he kept on beating a man while he was down without giving him any other chance to respond. Now it's just petty bullying no longer a rap battle.

If Drake is supposedly this relentless and unforgiving on wax how come he failed to respond to other so called dudes "on his level" when they tried to lift up his skirt?

selective battling is not hip hop to me especially when you're doing it to somebody who is already a joke anyway but then again I'm in my 30's and not in my 20's like most of y'all so I came up under completely different hip hop ethics than most of ya did or are.

But drake is the ? . Lol. Keep going.

Ol' "he ain't have to ? him" ass ? . Shut da hell up.

All indications was that these two were close and allies in the game. He had to ? this ? on wax off gp. I don't think its about selective battle this ? is personal. Meek violated. Got chin checked with the quickness.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh.

The IC is anti drake.

So no capes. Just better diss.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All these emotional thirsty ? love Drake.

He speaks to their sensitive side. Drake make these losers feel good about simping hoes.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So were switching up the narrative now cause ? don't like the end result?
    It's very easy to take on easy targets. I could kick a man in a wheelchair down a flight of stairs too.

Let me know when Drake responds to Kendrick. If ever.

So drake started this ? or did he finish it? Meek and flex pegged him as the easy target. Not the other way around. How you ? criticizing him for doing what you were criticizing him for not doing?

Really tho the truth is in the silence. None of these rap ? talking. Cause they doing the same ? . Its all a hustle.

I have no real horse in this race. I don't listen to mainstream rap. Haven't since 2005. This is why I don't even post in The Reason anymore. I got nothing to talk about with most of ya. I don't go to clubs where hip hop is usually played either if I do go clubbing. I couldn't name you one Drake or Meek or even Kendrick Lamar song or quote you any bar. This music now just isn't for me.

With that said I've been deeply ingrained in hip hop culture since 1988 here in good ol NYC. I was born in the south bronx 10 years after hip hop was. ? is in my blood. The way I see it is this.

Drake got challenged and he responded? cool that's what he's supposed to do.

Meek responded and then Drake got back at him again? ok no problem that's the rules/

Then he kept on beating a man while he was down without giving him any other chance to respond. Now it's just petty bullying no longer a rap battle.

If Drake is supposedly this relentless and unforgiving on wax how come he failed to respond to other so called dudes "on his level" when they tried to lift up his skirt?

selective battling is not hip hop to me especially when you're doing it to somebody who is already a joke anyway but then again I'm in my 30's and not in my 20's like most of y'all so I came up under completely different hip hop ethics than most of ya did or are.

But drake is the ? . Lol. Keep going.

Ol' "he ain't have to ? him" ass ? . Shut da hell up.

All indications was that these two were close and allies in the game. He had to ? this ? on wax off gp. I don't think its about selective battle this ? is personal. Meek violated. Got chin checked with the quickness.

You're an idiot but then again that's what most of you ? babies always amount to in the end.

This the way I understood it anyway.

Meek calls out Drake
    Drake puts out a track
    Meek responds with another track
    Drake puts out one more track
    Meek puts out one more track

Then Drake proceeds to clown the dude in concert and on social media like a high school bully instead of just keeping it on wax & making one more song that is finally killing the guy the way you're supposed to in a rap battle. ON ? WAX!

That's the point I'm making. No need to get all feminine and start taking ? to social media and all that jazz when you could just ether the dude on the mic. After all isn't social media soft ass lowballing how Meek came through in the first place? so why sink to that level when you know you're above it anyway?

I could have the facts wrong and maybe I missed a song cause truth be told I don't give a muthafuck about the rap game in 2015 but that's what I see people saying in terms of order of sequence all over twitter and ? .
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

What we also got was a cheerleading section that is so dumb, they literally threw any rules this ? had out the window to cheer on their boy. I guarantee you if the situation was reversed, Meek's fanbase would've done the same thing...and we would've said the same things.

[img]http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/that-face-you-make-when-you-know-someone-is-full-of-? .png[/img]
This discussion has been closed.