Straight Outta Compton Movie - Official Thread (8-14)

Options

Comments

• aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    FishNChips wrote: »
    Couldnt nobody have played Cube role better than his son tho, he did that..

I think an actually trained actor could've played the role better, but as far as getting someone as close to Cube as possible? Yeah his son was good.

Cube hired a trainer for him and he took classes for a year for the role.

Stew- your ass thank you know everything.
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta say this was just an excellent excellent film ...from top to bottom ..and even tho it was 2 and 1 half hours it didn't feel like it was that long should have been longer to explain certain parts like the bitter beef between Eazy and Dre (but I suspect Dre took that out) ...? in the crowd didn't seem to grow tired of the film at all ...I was surprised to see so many little 90s babies up there trying to catch a piece of the history ..that's a good look

...also the dude who played Dre was excellent he had his voice down and everything ...I also would have liked to see a little move of them just in Compton ...the best scenes where when they showcased the city ..it gave a good atmosphere to the movie that made people understand where these dudes were coming from ..but that's just nitpicking ..also the dude who played suge didn't really feel like suge ..just a big ? wit a beard but other than that the ? is fire and a must watch

Watch ya mouth bout 90's babies ? lol

I just came from the film.. I guess I expected the actors to look like clones of the real people. The movie was great though. It didn't seem rushed. It was miles better than notorious and I'm anxious to see a directors cut.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Like someone said the. Movie didn't seem 2.5 hours long... Actually the story seemed kinda rushed.. I wanted the directors unedited cut. I wished I had stayed and watched the old clips during the end credits now.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eazy Daughter was definitely right about the Dre diss from E not being included nor the Dre Day ? .....both should have been in ....only thing I can think Is that maybe suge blocked him from using it?? Idk either way it should have been apart of the story

Also they alluded to Jimmy Iovine "taking care" of the contract situation but like she said they didn't show that Eazy came up off Dre for the Chronic ..which makes the "Dre Day only make Eazy Pay Day" line classic
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eazy Daughter was definitely right about the Dre diss from E not being included nor the Dre Day ? .....both should have been in ....only thing I can think Is that maybe suge blocked him from using it?? Idk either way it should have been apart of the story

Also they alluded to Jimmy Iovine "taking care" of the contract situation but like she said they didn't show that Eazy came up off Dre for the Chronic ..which makes the "Dre Day only make Eazy Pay Day" line classic

I felt like they alluded to him getting paid when Hellen talked to Eazy by the pool after getting into it with Suge
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2015
    Options

Dont know why ppl keep saying this when they never played "Dre Day". Wasnt "Real Muthafuckin G's" released AFTER "Dre Day" Came out?

There was no reason for them to get into that beef in this movie imo. Its a NWA movie, that beef was irrelevant to NWA as a whole.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I gotta say this was just an excellent excellent film ...from top to bottom ..and even tho it was 2 and 1 half hours it didn't feel like it was that long should have been longer to explain certain parts like the bitter beef between Eazy and Dre (but I suspect Dre took that out) ...? in the crowd didn't seem to grow tired of the film at all ...I was surprised to see so many little 90s babies up there trying to catch a piece of the history ..that's a good look

...also the dude who played Dre was excellent he had his voice down and everything ...I also would have liked to see a little move of them just in Compton ...the best scenes where when they showcased the city ..it gave a good atmosphere to the movie that made people understand where these dudes were coming from ..but that's just nitpicking ..also the dude who played suge didn't really feel like suge ..just a big ? wit a beard but other than that the ? is fire and a must watch

Watch ya mouth bout 90's babies ? lol

I just came from the film.. I guess I expected the actors to look like clones of the real people. The movie was great though. It didn't seem rushed. It was miles better than notorious and I'm anxious to see a directors cut.
    Shut your little temperamental ass up ? ....got damn emotionally unstable 90s navies don't even know when someone is trying to give their little snotty nose ? props for doing the history
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ^^^Gtfoh

Explain.....
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was dope. Great performances.
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    I went to see the movie in Lagrange man ? turnt up and got to fighting in the theater and had guns to smh

But funniest part for me was when Eazy and dem came outside the hotel room with guns and Eazy said "I Said Yo ? Sucking A Real ? ? " I was dead laughing at dat part

Yella goofy ass was over there hittin a bish and gon ask her 'is yo name felicia" lol..
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U can see a lot of James Brown bio pic in this movie.....
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Trinity

Dont know why ppl keep saying this when they never played "Dre Day". Wasnt "Real Muthafuckin G's" released AFTER "Dre Day" Came out?

There was no reason for them to get into that beef in this movie imo. Its a NWA movie, that beef was irrelevant to NWA as a whole.
    Dre was a NWA member and Eazy was a NWA member ....what the ? are you talking about it had nothing to do with NWA him leaving to go to death row was the reason NWA died ...and furthermore explaining how potent the beef was would have been more accurate to illustrate why the group didn't get back together ...it had become deeper than just jerry heller ...? had personal issues with each other and that ? is just as important to the story as including no Vaseline .....all that fabricated ? about ? "getting the group back" was some Hollywood nonsense ..only thing I've ever heard Dre say about that is he never got the chance to squash the beef

Stop being a got damn disgusting ? groupie you got damn freak .....you just wasn't tryna see Dre get ? on ....probably leave out of the theater crying like a hoe in mourning
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also the only thing I don't like bout bio pics is that I don't wanna see a movie about ? already know.....I left the theather feeling like I already knew everything I just saw
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trinity

Dre was a NWA member and Eazy was a NWA member ....what the ? are you talking about it had nothing to do with NWA him leaving to go to death row was the reason NWA died ...and furthermore explaining how potent the beef was would have been more accurate to illustrate why the group didn't get back together ...it had become deeper than just jerry heller ...? had personal issues with each other and that ? is just as important to the story as including no Vaseline .....all that fabricated ? about ? "getting the group back" was some Hollywood nonsense ..only thing I've ever heard Dre say about that is he never got the chance to squash the beef

Stop being a got damn disgusting ? groupie you got damn freak .....you just wasn't tryna see Dre get ? on ....probably leave out of the theater crying like a hoe in mourning

Okay i aint the only one peeped that neither lol
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There was internal NWA beef?

I have never heard them cats say much bad about each other outside the diss songs
This discussion has been closed.