Good post, but this is a must on any Boston's greatest hits list

http://youtu.be/ZP_wymk8ORQ

And this

Be A Father To Your Child - Ed O.G. and the Bulldogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQMVsQW_kjM
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit Rap Scene outside of Eminem.....

Royce
    Danny Brown
    Big Sean
    DBC
    Dayton Family
    Top Authority
    Dayton family and TA are from flint.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    I don't see no DC in Wale so we don't have nobody yet
    Damn. Lol

DC love for Wale always been shaky.

Maybe because he's not a pure DC boy...he's parents came from Nigeria and he was raised in Maryland

Nope it's because DC ? would rather a street ? like Fat Trel wack ass over Wale and his spoken word poems
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always wondered why Chicago hip hop scene wasn't larger with it having the 2nd largest Black population. Then drill music happen.
    Yea I get what u saying, besides Kanye, common, twista and da brat, Chicago has never really been big rap mainstream wise. I personally luv their underground sound tho.

I'm more surprised about Dallas. 4th largest metro in America but they remembered for trash one hit wonders.
    Reason I heard that make sense was that Chicago house scene was so strong(Like D.C and gogo) that lest focus was placed on Hip Hop, and of course Chicago gang culture which unlike NYC who gang culture help create Hip Hop culture, Chicagos stifled it.
    That's the whole thing in a nutshell. And they even made "hip house" back in the late 80's early 90's

• $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Newark NJ
    All major cities in Florida besides Miami ( there big ass cities so I'm sure there's talent)
    Indy Indiana
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bmore, las vegas, Kansas city, cincinnati, and any city from Arizona

they might have some underground talent, but I figured someone would really pop from some of those places
    I know tech n9ne is from kc but that's all I can think of
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maryland would have a movement if there was more unity, and if ? claimed they were from here (llyod banks, DMX, wale for example) its a lot of talent here but that crab in a barrel mentality has been killin any movement. For everyone who almost made it out it was at least 5 diss tracks against that ? . I remember Wale had a ? make a 21 song mixtape dissing him lls
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Newark NJ
    All major cities in Florida besides Miami ( there big ass cities so I'm sure there's talent)
    Indy Indiana

After Redman, Artifacts, and Lords of the Underground came out, I just knew Newark was going to go on a big run.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see no DC in Wale so we don't have nobody yet
    Damn. Lol

DC love for Wale always been shaky.

Whale the ? lotus
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Royce
    Danny Brown
    Big Sean
    DBC
    Dayton Family
    Top Authority

I thought Dayton Family and Top Authority were from Flint Michigan..
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    The closest we had to a rapper blowing up is Benzino, maybe Ed OG, Guru had to leave and rep Brooklyn to make it

Cousin Stizz bubbling now

don't know too much about the boston rap scene, but cousin stizz is dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1gBhxu-ocE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQNCyY7l1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjUz_rBM3kM
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my dad moved from the 757 (no gee) to the boston area when he was 7. I spent tons of time up there as a kid and even now since i got fam there. It's so damn hard to find a barbershop that will cut black hair outside a few neighborhoods. So in no way am i shocked nobody has blown up in Boston. Few white rappers have tried to blow up but they hall been regional like the lower marion kobe.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The reason a lot of the artist from KC don't go past regional is the streets. A lot of them either got killed or locked up
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

Royce
    Danny Brown
    Big Sean
    DBC
    Dayton Family
    Top Authority

I thought Dayton Family and Top Authority were from Flint Michigan..

Slum Village too???
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inland california in general doesn't really get shine. it's always been about la, oakland, vallejo, etc. nobody really cares about sacramento, san jose, central valley, or inland empire hip hop. only ? to really blow up out of the ie are hit boy, white dude who wrote gucci gucci, and a bunch of jerking ass one hit wonders.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall keep mentioning kc, kc aint blowing up cause they aint bringing nothing new

The bay area already is a cult following outside the bay...who wants to hear a watered down wanna be bay area in the Midwest

That'll make more sense coming from seattle or Portland, not Missouri
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall keep mentioning kc, kc aint blowing up cause they aint bringing nothing new

The bay area already is a cult following outside the bay...who wants to hear a watered down wanna be bay area in the Midwest

That'll make more sense coming from seattle or Portland, not Missouri

I really don't agree with that because thats just the way a large part of the country communicates. you can say that about a lot of cities if you want to label a certain dialect "bay area" - denver, vegas, okc, omaha, etc...
    to pigeon hole a large part of the country as knock off bay area just because people from those areas have some of the same dialect is ignorant. now if it's the talent that you don't like or just the music in general thats ok because everyone is entitled to their opinion.

at the same time the work speaks for itself, Tech N9ne is one of if not the highest paid independent artist.
    and Rich The Factor has over 100 releases that all have done numbers regionally and he never wanted to blow up at all. There are some other artist who offer different content such as Irv the Phenom and C.E.S. Crew. Eminem was born in Kc, moved to st. joe when he was a kid then around jr. high moved to the D.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Maryland would have a movement if there was more unity, and if ? claimed they were from here (llyod banks, DMX, wale for example) its a lot of talent here but that crab in a barrel mentality has been killin any movement. For everyone who almost made it out it was at least 5 diss tracks against that ? . I remember Wale had a ? make a 21 song mixtape dissing him lls

Banks and X didn't grow up in Maryland.
    Newark NJ
    Indy Indiana
    Florida doesn't really have big cities. Florida is in a real interesting area because it's a transplant state which can help improvement(like city of Atlanta) or can make it too confusing. I always viewed Miami for instance as a southern, East Coast(hip hop) Caribbean city.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hilton Head, South Carolina
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can add Miami into the mix,besides Ross the past couple of years and Trick Daddy late 90s early 2000s,who else we got?
    That's why i don't ? with Dj Penguin(Khaled)he do all that yelling 305 Dade County and when you look at them songs,he got like 100 of the same ? on every track not from Miami.
    I don't know if Ross or Trick looking at anybody down here,hell i might have to hop n the beat machine and make music my self and produce local artists
  • pennyda1
    pennyda1 Members Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can add Miami into the mix,besides Ross the past couple of years and Trick Daddy late 90s early 2000s,who else we got?
    That's why i don't ? with Dj Penguin(Khaled)he do all that yelling 305 Dade County and when you look at them songs,he got like 100 of the same ? on every track not from Miami.
    I don't know if Ross or Trick looking at anybody down here,hell i might have to hop n the beat machine and make music my self and produce local artists
    Yea but Miami has had a long history of being on da map.

And Ross is damnly 10 yrs strong in da game. Not just a couple.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miami, Chicago and Detroit should not be mentioned in this thread