10/10/15-20 Year Anniversary of The Million Man March: You Going?

Options

Comments

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Hoes was out. Glad it was a peaceful event. Good message.

Anybody else see the group of ? pull up in the Slingshots with the most AVERAGE snowbunnies they could find???

LMAO
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Puffy, Snoop, J Cole, and Common are at this ? , but Umar Johnson can't get money for his school, despite the fact the funding is right there. Farrakhan is a paper tiger with empty rhetoric. White supremacists know that all Farrakhan is going to do is bloviate for three hours. However, Dr. Johnson's school will change lives and in the long run change the quality of life for black people across America. Why do you y'all think they let the N.O.I. have this march? The ? isn't by accident, but Dr. Johnson has a consensual and heterosexual tryst with a stripper, then suddenly a source for his funding is scared off. It's obvious that white supremacy sees Dr. Johnson as the bigger and long term threat more than Farrakhan would ever be. I said when Farrakhan announced this attention whorin feel good therapy session and I'll say it again. More networking and deals are being made at today at

large.jpg

Than this ? .

Exactly bruh

Words don't move me.

My dude, from ya last few post u jus been on some real negative tip. Its almost like u wanna prove to urself why not comin out was a good thing cuz u lowkey regret it. Aye if its something u care less bout jus stay away from the topic.

Naw

It ain't nothing but a march

Y'all ? ain't tired of that.

Asking for justice or else ain't gon change ?

I hate to say this because I'm the first to say. ? what non blacks are doing

But the Jews gets results. Because they put their money where their mouth is.

Directing our dollars in the right place will be the change. Not doing the same March for a decade.
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn wish I was there, looked like a great event. Yall that went keep on posting pictures.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Them white folks was SHOOK at the taste of DC and coming out capitals game after the MMM croud let out. Never seen so many white men cut eyes away or bow their heads when I walked past waving my RBG flag in the face.

Do people hang out on or walk around u street or do you have to go inside a club? I really just want to get a bite to eat, post up on the block, buy some merchandise and soak in the environment before I go home tommorow
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the out of towners... What are you guys doing to pass the time (N.H.)?
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Them white folks was SHOOK at the taste of DC and coming out capitals game after the MMM croud let out. Never seen so many white men cut eyes away or bow their heads when I walked past waving my RBG flag in the face.

Do people hang out on or walk around u street or do you have to go inside a club? I really just want to get a bite to eat, post up on the block, buy some merchandise and soak in the environment before I go home tommorow

Kinda goes both ways.

Food wise... know I'm missing a few but you got a couple pizza places and Ben's Chilli Bowl.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been lurking for a while.
    But I specifically came back for this thread.

I understand the NEED for us to unite and I feel like this would be a good stepping stone to see results, but I don't have a lot of faith. I'm glad to hear about Farrakhan's plan for the black dollar, but once again..not really.

I don't understand why we have to go to DC to hear him say the same thing others before him have said. What exactly is so special about this moment right now? I'm in TN, and to see ? make that drive upset me. For the simple fact, Howard's homecoming was last weekend. (If I'm not mistaken) That's revenue for a city that could give a ? about US.

Like I said on Facebook, idgaf how many people go. If they aren't coming back with a plan of action - this was all in vain.
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

Go hang out at K & North Capitol. ? out there be hollarin at u foreal. U ain't een really gotta do ? but make a lil eye contact and row row row ya boat
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    No
    I also don't really care how many people were out there and while its nice to see so many people coalesce around an issue its not really the right time.

If you drove to see Farrakhan and still don't know your local congressman or who represents your district politically and you can't get even a fifth of those people to turn out to vote or to a town hall meeting then what was the point?

Strength is in numbers but only when those numbers are properly gathered and at the appropriate time. It makes no sense to drive any distance to hear more slavery chatter, I don't have an issue with anything said or the march taking place but it needs to translate to change at home.

If not it was 100,000 homies out on the town getting high, getting ? , chasing ? and a waste of gas. If you going to do the same ? you were doing before you went you wasted your time. If it doesn't lead to a change in attitudes and behaviors then it was a waste of time.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Surprised OB is the only female in this thread commenting.
    Ob been stompin since the early 2k in the social lounge she reppin (No pun intended)
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

14th & u. Lol Trust me. You can literally post up and just bask in it. I just stand around smiling, real talk. Women of all kinds

Thats a mixed crowd. And more dressed down.

If you want to see all black folk and all the baddest women in all their splendor dressed to the 9s, post up outside The Park (lounge) around 14th and k. Thats not a true 'strip' but u will see the crowd and line going in there .

Food wise if you want to go to a historic place and take a pic, have a story, Bens Chilli bowl is at about 12th and U. The food is good not great

Best food in the city is probably '& Pizza' they are everywhere, 1 at 13th and U. Its basically Chiptole for pizza, made to order in line in minutes it is BANGIN
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    Yes
    phukkyou2 wrote: »

Go hang out at K & North Capitol. ? out there be hollarin at u foreal. U ain't een really gotta do ? but make a lil eye contact and row row row ya boat

Did u just low-key send this ? on a ? mission lmao
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    yo ? was nice. stayed with my sister and her boyfriend who live out here so im 3rd wheeling it. all the speakers had some potent ? to say.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the negativity in here is amazing...
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the negativity in here is amazing...

Naw

You should be tired of this same story.

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was looking for video playback of today's events and couldn't find any. But to me, one thing I noticed is Farrakhan is doing what alot of other black leaders are not. Rather on a political level, street level, social level, or religious level, no other black leaders are reaching out to the Latino community. The US isnt just black and white. That's needed especially in southern California. Its messed up I dont really marinate with too Mexicans in Las Vegas because of L.A. politics.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    Yes
    I've been lurking for a while.
    But I specifically came back for this thread.

I understand the NEED for us to unite and I feel like this would be a good stepping stone to see results, but I don't have a lot of faith. I'm glad to hear about Farrakhan's plan for the black dollar, but once again..not really.

I don't understand why we have to go to DC to hear him say the same thing others before him have said. What exactly is so special about this moment right now? I'm in TN, and to see ? make that drive upset me. For the simple fact, Howard's homecoming was last weekend. (If I'm not mistaken) That's revenue for a city that could give a ? about US.

Like I said on Facebook, idgaf how many people go. If they aren't coming back with a plan of action - this was all in vain.

The hate is STRONG in this entire post but SMFH @ the bold

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Incredible day you had to be here. I was in first row behind VIP and media

IMG_20151010_112506.jpg

Homie that was u? I was in front of you for a while. I'm surprised you ain't lose your voice from yelling.

Good ? , my dude.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I'm not surprised. Everybody has a plan, including myself. It's difficult organizing the people behind something without dollars involved though. No layman has the capital to bring those plans to fruition. But beating a dead horse, and saying "black people need to unite" isn't enough to galvanize the masses. Since it's obvious that no one man can do it all, there should be some type of cooperative scheme for many people with the expertise to utilize their skillsets for the collective good of black people. For example, I know a group that writes textbooks; i also know that Dr. Umar wants to buy a school but can't get the money; and I also see that the NOI made a lot in donations today. None of these parties have accomplished their goal of educating blacks en masse, however, all of them working together could have set up the platform by now. The reason it hasn't happened is because they disagree on matters of ideology, when they could easily unite for their collective purpose.

Attending this event wasn't that bad for me because I'm a resident of the DMV, and I work on the mall. However, I'm sure it's not the same for everyone else. We shouldn't have these marches every ten years. We should have large festival-like events once a year as kind of a "State of Black People" event, kind of like an amalgam of black pride & State of The Union. It can be political, entertaining, & educational. Even though DC is still considered by some as Chocolate City, despite gentrification, we don't really have too many large black events. We have the Caribbean festival every year, but that's not on the same scale as this in any way. The Asians in this city have about 3 festivals for themselves every year in DC: one for culture, one for anime, one for food. It's important to display your culture; it shows a sense of pride in one's people and self.

I don't know how the subject of voting comes up in these threads, but I've held my tongue... or fingers on this issue for too long. First, the notion that people don't have a right to complain just because they elect not to vote is asinine. Any TAX PAYING CITIZEN has the right and responsibility to speak about issues that directly effect their life. Secondly, people assume that the political system in this country, including the voting system, isn't broken. They act as if the politicians linked to popular political parties, i.e. democrat and republicans, don't receive all of the press & get all of the campaign money from the same donors and lobbyists, regardless of party affiliations. Thirdly, people don't mention how a person can be elected without the popular vote, via electoral college like the Bush/Gore 2000 campaign; they don't talk about how local political figures use private-prison-gerrymandering tactics to create districts using left-leaning voters to inflate the populations of right-voting districts; and nobody talks about the lack of ballot access to other candidates not affiliated with the two major parties. There were 27 candidates who ran for president last election, yet all people remember were Romney Vs. Obama. All of those candidates weren't allowed on all of those states' ballots for whatever reasons. They weren't at the debates. Their platforms and ideologies didn't get the press that the major parties got. So with all that in mind, how can a voter be informed to vote for the right candidate?

I told ? 1000 times, stop looking at the giant floating head, and start looking at the one behind the curtain. You've been hoodwinked.... bamboozled... led astray.. run amok...
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    [img]https://scontent-iad3-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12074489_10156079554045548_7376894491272030238_n.jpg?oh=58530b37d66a74d0accd6ab7dc7cb769&oe=56CC85ED[/img]
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options
    I donate to my son's school, which is only a few years old (he's in the 1st second grade class). I have told others to support it as well. I get looked at like I'm crazy af. But to see people RUN down there and they didn't even vote this past election, don't know what Farrakhan stands for- yes, I'm a bit bothered.
    If you're not on the 'front line' then, yes, this was probably good for you. But for many of us, this was a big ass rally that used money that could have gone somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong. Some people need it. Seeing this happen is phenomenal. I'm glad to be able to witness a moment like this. But I'm just going to wait and see...
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    edited October 2015
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Lmao I know i can be cynical, but GOT DAMN, shizlansky and npr sound delusional

How are you MAD to see people come here? Lls

How is this in any way a bad thing?

Pointing out 'this aint gon solve all the problems' is typical. Same as the people who are unimpressed with body cameras since they cant be 100% successful .

This is a good thing, yea some folk like Ob are just uber emotional and moved my ANYTHING LOL But just being around so many black folk is the powrfulnes. ? the words tbh. I ws just watching people, young, old, country, city. Watching old black folk taking whats likely the last memorable pics of their life

Watching old black folk taking whats likely the last memorable pics of their life

Unless you've experienced stuff like that kindly ?

9/10 those people who went know the problems that their community faces and you just drove 5+ hours for another man to tell them what to do. Basically.
  • a.mann
    Options
    Yes
    There's a fine line between offering constructive criticism and just being a whiny ? ? ass hater
  • a.mann
    Options
    Yes
    You are going to "just wait and see..."

Don't you mean get out and get involved?
    (Beyond you what's convenient to you?)

If you NOT doing that, like homie said shut the ? up