10/10/15-20 Year Anniversary of The Million Man March: You Going?

Options
 i ro ny
i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
What: Million Man March
Where: Washington DC
When: October 10th, 2015

are you going?

imma be there.

10/10/15-20 Year Anniversary of The Million Man March: You Going? 52 votes

Yes
42%
tru_m.a.c[Deleted User]a.mann i ro nyyellowtapesportS2Jmike06black caesarfortyacrestompetrez3ReppinTimeSwiffness!skpjr78JokerzWyldpennyda1King_MeBig Kola216atlranEmM HoLLa.Noble Al Lee 22 votes
No
34%
MrMinimalistkingofkingzAfrica UniteddalyricalbanditjonoIceBergTaylorNCswagnumbaz...80's babyStiffBulletproof WalletssilverfoxxVader_F_KennedyTHIRDSUPREMEMARIO_DROThaNubianGodBazz-BDelphasSolemnSauce 18 votes
Not Sure Yet
17%
Dupacbambuwhatevathehellunspoken_respectLurkristocrat King EraunoCatalyst2012MD_PROPER D0wn 9 votes
Don't Care
5%
Dirty SanchezMister B._God_ 3 votes

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yes
    As some of y'all now, The million man match anniversary is coming up on Saturday October. 10. Will any of you be attending? If not, explain.

I'm on the fence, because I respect what this march is about, being there with my people in unity, and respect for Farrakhan, but also I feel that we are past the point of marching. And by that, I mean being even more proactive in building out communities (I've been impressed in what I've seen in the last 3 years/so far.)

Drop your thoughts.
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure I want to go I don't know why I would what is the purpose this time.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Yes
    lordhonka2 wrote: »
    Not sure I want to go I don't know why I would what is the purpose this time.

The purpose this time is for black and brown to come together to let the government know that we want justice for the recent atrocities.

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wont be attending. My work is done daily, I am not into the dog and pony show thing.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Yes
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    I wont be attending. My work is done daily, I am not into the dog and pony show thing.

I can respect that. Doing work daily is just as meaningful.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not going, unless ? is arming up and sparking up the revolution.
  • 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I'm going, I gotta find a group to go with like on a charter bus or something. I would love to be around some kings with knowledge & positive energy, I want to experience that & besides me donating money here & there I wanna March one time for my brown ppl.
  • 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Plus in Atlanta I know prolly hella groups going
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not me. There is a race for aliens and space travel.
  • Sgt HJ
    Sgt HJ Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options
    I plan to attend. Looking forward to it actually. Will be driving from Indianapolis..
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Me and my pops have plans to go.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I plan on going and I'm bringing the the dudes i mentor with me...i still have nightmares about how long winded Farrakhan was at the 1st March tho.....1st one was a great experience...there was mad prostitutes working
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To do what? Walk?

The question every IC online activist should be asking themselves is what can be done in their own communities with the youth? Never mind the march, perform the outreach in your own city. Take a stronger more influential action instead of just walking for some statement.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would but I can think of way better things to do than be around a million men.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    March, protest, riot, shout, yell, do whatever you want but until black dollars are not going into white pockets, there will never be change or whatever revolution mfs are looking for.

True power is in finance.

You wanna defeat the white man? Strengthen black dollars.

? a march or a protest. Mfs doing all that ranting and raving but buying their supplies and daily goods from the enemy. Lol ? are ass backwards with good intentions. Smh
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Would rather see a million man investment movement. Black America has $1.1 trillion in spending power. Asking the government for anything is pointless, we need wealth to gain influence. The Jewish community has that down to a science.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure what it will accomplish or just what the "or else" part of Farrakhan rhetoric really means. I like the idea, but honestly there no strong leaders involved to make this anything but a waste of time... As the day approaches perhaps somebody will spark the flame in me or create some type of incentive to let me know that its not just ? walking, but young black men with a voice and a direct purpose...

As of this moment though, no, i am not going, I'm not just gonna show up somewhere hoping it goes okay, not even sure what we are marching for, where are the demands? WIth all the social media these days, by now we should have all these details, but instead it seems like a whole bunch of confusion backed by anger and hate...

Maybe one of you young brothers in here can give me a proper narrative... Is this a march on police brutality? On equal rights? If so i better not see no 1% ass ? in there talking bout "give me freedom or give me death'...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? always gotta separate themselves "I do enough everyday, I'm not going for the show"

How about going to show solidarity and be around and meet some like minded folks

Cool, you do your part individually but you can't do it alone so how about coming out to stand with and support your people

If all goes according to plan, I'll be there...ain't ? but a hour and a half drive from school
  • Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm getting on the train and going up there by myself.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    To do what? Walk?

The question every IC online activist should be asking themselves is what can be done in their own communities with the youth? Never mind the march, perform the outreach in your own city. Take a stronger more influential action instead of just walking for some statement.

That's what I'm talking about. We've down this already and what was the net gain?

awln260.png

I've asked this very same question on Tariq Nasheed's United Players of America message board (Farrakhan Spitting Hot Fire on the Breakfast Club http://upasite.freeforums.org/farrakhan-spitting-hot-fire-on-the-breakfast-club-t11381.html,) basically dudes are saying that way to go feel the "positive energy," and (get this,) network with other like minded brothers.

1) No networking came out of the first rally, so what's to make going to make this one any different?

2) Why do you have to time out off of from work, book airfare and hotel reservation to network with dudes? You mean to tell me you have to travel all the way to D.C. find cats to network with? You can't network with your local chapter of NAACP, N.O.I. mosque, the historically black frats and the Black Student Unions at your local university?

Now if Farrakhan was going to call for brothers to delay the opening of the U.S. Treasury, the Fed, the SEC, the Bureau of Printing and Engraving, or the U.S. Mint, by staging a sit in and blocking the entrances so that no business would be conducted, then I'm with that. Hell I would be trying to get my ass down there and I could begin to be like the muthafuckas who throw on the cape for the N.O.I. and maybe look past the fact that they killed Brother Malcolm. However what you're going to have is in between 500,000 to a million plus cats on the National Mall listening to speeches about how the police are killing us, the government ain't ? , and white supremacy, but what's the plan? At the end of the day, this will probably end up being another empty ass protest, with the exception being, dudes like what Farrakhan has to say.

As much as I hate to say it, (and ya boy Rex isn't being facetious or speaking in hyperbole when he say), more was probably done and more business and networking was accomplished at

CJkSpjKWIAEgWg9.jpg

[than will done at the Million Man March. I'll even go as far to say that you would have gotten more from the[/b]

1-143713.jpg

than you would at the Million Man March and you know those muthafuckas really ain't say ? . The reality of the situation is that only thing this event will produce is some excellent speeches and the opportunity to see the chick that Snoop was talking about in "All About U walking around with her daughter.

Four times in the history of American, the best and the brightest of America's white male elite gather in Philly discuss and figure out solutions to the problems of the day. The first was to figure out how to deal with the Coercive Acts, the second time was to declare our independence from Great Britain, the third to form a government which the Article of Confederation came out of, and when the Founding Fathers realized that they needed a "more perfect union," they gathered for a fourth and final time in Philadelphia for the Constitutional Convention which gave us our present form of government.

That's what needs to happen, not a massive gathering of men on the National Mall, but a gathering of best and brightest in black America to discuss and come up with viable solutions to the problems that are facing us as a people. There's a presidential election coming up out of this meeting needs to emerge a PAC, so we can have issues that are important us put before legislators on the local, state, and federal level and turned into laws that benefit black people. We need to hire a lobbyist to put these bills turned into laws. We need the black Chamber of Commerce and the owners of black owned blacks come up with to finance home ownership and business loans. We need to encourage wealthy blacks to support HBCU's and other black institutions. We need to push for black people to make better decisions. This is what needs to be down to commemorate the twentieth anniversary of the Million Man March in lie of having another ? rally to which the only beneficiaries will be the hospitality industry of the DMV metro area.

• mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    weed is legal in dc I will be there higher than a ? fire escape zooted.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't mind going if I could
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT movie btw
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Sure Yet
    Its on my birthday, but that doesn't mean I'm obligated.