Russel Westbrook
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    • My Point Gaurd is Really Athletic
    • My Point Gaurd is Big and Strong
    • My Point Gaurd gets a LOT of Assists
    • My Point Gaurd "RUNS THE OFFENSE!"
    • My Point Gaurd Assists on nearly ALL of his Teams Field Goals
    • My Point Gaurd's Assist to TO ratio is really good
    • My Point Gaurd is GREAT at defense... But not enough to stop Great NBA Guards...
    • My Point Gaurd Averages 2 MORE REBOUNDS than the average Point Guard!

That's cool...

My point Guard scores 32 PPG ...
    He's the MVP,
    He just won a Title ...
    And he is 22-0

This is why I said where was this love before, he won a title and MVP last yr but nobody was calling him the best player in the world til now when his team goes 23 straight
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    First of all - you're wrong, he got plenty of recognition last year - on this site and otherwise

Second of all...

• Sustaining great play throughout a season to win MVP means something
    • Carrying your team to the Finals and winning a title means something

And I, for one, think he grew from the Finals experience, because he didn't have his best series and Lebron showed out. I think he used that as motivation to get better.

Which brings me to my final point ...

How in the entire ? are you watching these games (like you say you are) and not seeing the level that this guy is playing at?

Like ... Really, bruh?

dbdYwcU.gif

• ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russel Westbrook
    First of all - your wrong, he got plenty of recognition last year

But...

Sustaining great play throughout a season to win MVP means something
    Carrying your team to the Finals and winning a title means something

And I, for one, think he grew from the Finals experience, because he didn't have his best series and Lebron showed out.

I think he used that as motivation to get better.

How in the entire ? are you watching these games (like you say you are) and not seeing the level that this guy is playing at?

Like ... for real my dude?

Never said I watched his games lol and I'm not wrong nobody was saying he was the best in the world last yr after he won MVP ? was saying he shouldn't have won it
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options
    1) ? will say all kinds of ? ...
    For all kinds of reasons...

That doesent make it the truth or the general consensus

2)
    ericb4prez wrote: »

But...

And I, for one, think he grew from the Finals experience, because he didn't have his best series and Lebron showed out.

Never said I watched his games ...

lol and I'm not wrong nobody was saying he was the best in the world last yr after he won MVP ? was saying he shouldn't have won it

Your opinion on this subject is completley irrelevant

GTFOH.gif
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russel Westbrook
    Lmao so because I haven't seen all the GS games I can't comment and your last comment actually goes both ways cuz just cuz you say it don't make it true either
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russel Westbrook
    Curry won the mvp being on the better team. Rw had a great season last year. If the thunder would have finished 4th in the west he would have won the mvp
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    Curry has son CP3 a few times. Westbrook nice but not on Curry's level
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    Steph Curry is averaging a league leading 33 ppg on 53% shooting right now as a jump shooter and hes currently 16th in the league in freethrow attempts. Most of ur top scorers n scoring champs are generally at the top or near the top of the list in attempts. Curry carved his own lane ? gotta accept it.

The fact that Curry can be argued as the best player in the league right now kinda puts this whole thread to rest..
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Steph Curry
    Curry is definitely turning into more of a shooter than a true pg, but he's still the best at that position.

Chris Paul is the only guy in the league who warrants an argument to the contrary. They are the smartest and most skillful players at the pg.

Westbrook's athleticism is off the charts, he's tough as ? , and he stuffs stats, but he makes some of the worst decisions you will ever see on the basketball court. With Durant out last year, he tried to carry that team, and he couldn't. Westbrook is a great player and that in and of itself makes your team more formidable, but he doesn't actually make other players better or control the flow of a game - he can hardly control himself. You think dudes look at Russ and are like "Yo that spasmodic blouse-model is a true leader"?

Chris Paul is a floor general. That team could lose Blake tomorrow, replace him with bumass-Josh Smith and Paul would make a cohesive playoff team out of who was left. (Also, running the offense through Blake is ? that team up, and needs to stop.)

Stef, could probably have double-digit assists every night, but that's not what his team needs from him, nor is it what they are asking him to do, and by virtue of simply being on the court he creates major problems for opposing defenses. No doubt the Warriors have a good team, but the threat of Curry, allows for players who wouldn't be nearly as involved on offense to be scorers. With Klay possibly missing a game or two, we will see what's what, but Stef is their leader and he earned that ? .

Also, not that Rondo should be in the convo, but he's starting to ball again on the Kings. Him and Cousins need to stop turning the ? ball over tho.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    Curry is definitely turning into more of a shooter than a true pg, but he's still the best at that position.

Chris Paul is the only guy in the league who warrants an argument to the contrary. They are the smartest and most skillful players at the pg.

Westbrook's athleticism is off the charts, he's tough as ? , and he stuffs stats, but he makes some of the worst decisions you will ever see on the basketball court. With Durant out last year, he tried to carry that team, and he couldn't. Westbrook is a great player and that in and of itself makes your team more formidable, but he doesn't actually make other players better or control the flow of a game - he can hardly control himself. You think dudes look at Russ and are like "Yo that spasmodic blouse-model is a true leader"?

Chris Paul is a floor general. That team could lose Blake tomorrow, replace him with bumass-Josh Smith and Paul would make a cohesive playoff team out of who was left. (Also, running the offense through Blake is ? that team up, and needs to stop.)

Stef, could probably have double-digit assists every night, but that's not what his team needs from him, nor is it what they are asking him to do, and by virtue of simply being on the court he creates major problems for opposing defenses. No doubt the Warriors have a good team, but the threat of Curry, allows for players who wouldn't be nearly as involved on offense to be scorers. With Klay possibly missing a game or two, we will see what's what, but Stef is their leader and he earned that ? .

Also, not that Rondo should be in the convo, but he's starting to ball again on the Kings. Him and Cousins need to stop turning the ? ball over tho.

And ? need not forget this....
    he can pass just as great as he can shoot/move without the rock, and dribble
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Steph Curry

But...

Never said I watched his games lol and I'm not wrong nobody was saying he was the best in the world last yr after he won MVP ? was saying he shouldn't have won it

Ok, first of all, you dont hoop©

Lets get that out the way.

Bc if you did, you would recognize that the only difference between a LOT of these players is confidence. Its the diff between fringe all star and all star, role player vs starter, etc

And in this case, its the difference betwen Steph last year and this year. He was already confident, now its another level. He aint the same player, so you look stupid asking that question 'where were yall?' over and over when clearly he's better now (almost 10 more ppg more which is UNHEARD OF for an already all star caliber player)

Lemme simplify it more: you ever win a title in 2k or Madden, and all your players come back +5 better n ? ? Lol Awareness on 99. Thats why. Confidence, ditty bop, "swag", no ? given, whatever u wanna call it.

Also its the removal of pressure. Same reason Horry could hit all them shots. Same reason a team gettin blown out all of a sudden start draining 3's. Pressure is off. Nfg. He and GS playing wit house money
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Steph Curry
    This thread remind me of when I was in straight denial that LeBron>>>>Kobe.

I've learned my lesson and now I'm just gonna kick back and appreciate greatness. Even if he ain't a Laker
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Steph Curry
    Word. These threads are always hard to deal with cause

Most of the time we compare without being given the DEPARTMENTS. Matter of fact Curry Westbrook and CP3 play the pg differently.

Though Wesbrook is starting to figure out when he can turn super SAYAN and when he has to facilitate the game to Durant. At this pace Westbrook will be a 20-10-12 pg Minimum that could give the edge the Thunder against the Spurs and Warriors and place him in front of CP3 for good.

Curry is the most efficient and lethal scorer. Plus the way he plays changes the game. His Shooting distance has spread the playble surface for the offense thus makes the defense harder to execute. Playing him is hard cause you have to GUESS his QUICK moves.

Cp3 is the best floor general and the most fundamental, classic. He organizes, distributes, scores, dribble, lead. He is a living playbook like Rondo but wiser and more discipline.

Westbrook is the most powerfull and the most volatile. He has errting to go higher provided he raises his game situation analisys hability.

And they all fit well in their team. They all make their teamates betterin their way.

Who is the best PG? Regarding those three players its a matter of how each of us feel the game.
  • S2J
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Steph Curry

Lmao so because I haven't seen all the GS games I can't comment and your last comment actually goes both ways cuz just cuz you say it don't make it true either

Curry avg 24ppg, nothing crazy, so if you didnt see the games last year that is extremely misleading

I learned that in the finals. He impacts the game in a way that even isn't caught in points or assists . Just in how far out you have to defend on pick n rolls alone

• Peace_79
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Curry won the mvp being on the better team. Rw had a great season last year. If the thunder would have finished 4th in the west he would have won the mvp

Lol, well if we play the "If Game" - you could say literally ANYTHING.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russel Westbrook
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

Lol, well if we play the "If Game" - you could say literally ANYTHING.

It isn't like they're going to give the mvp to someone who didn't make the playoff. RW Should have been the mvp last yr
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Curry give CP3 the blues

And Westbrook even tho hes dominate at times play outta control sometimes and dont know when to let Durant cook.

That ? ass cross over? Dude tripped over shoe B.. how many all first team do Westbrook and curry have????
  • S2J
    Options
    Steph Curry
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Curry give CP3 the blues

And Westbrook even tho hes dominate at times play outta control sometimes and dont know when to let Durant cook.

That ? ass cross over? Dude tripped over shoe B.. how many all first team do Westbrook and curry have????

YDH

He 'tripped' bc his brain and feet went out of sync. Couldn't process quick enough ...thats what happens when you yank a ?

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Some of ya ? clearly don't know ? about basketball, especially the pg position.
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Some of ya nights clearly don't know ? about basketball, especially the pg position.

@Focal Point
    Names...

Explanation
  • Peace_79
    Options
    For the record, those of yall saying that the Dubs roster outside if Curry is soooo much better than OKC's roster outside of Westbrook are full of ? .
  • Focal Point
    Options
    Some of ya ? clearly don't know ? about basketball, especially the pg position.

@Focal Point
    Names...

Explanation

First thing I'm gonna say is steals don't dictate a good to great defensive player in the same way blocks don't either. Jumping the passing lane is a gamble. Number two this argument is damn near the LeBron v Meko debate of many years ago Meko scores but LeBron facilitates and scores.

As far as the pg position is concern, the pg is the general, the game plan has to be ran by them. Steph is almost like how AI was, a 2 running the point and no1 called AI a great pg even though he passed the ball. Chris is a the game's best pg. He understands certain nuances to the game and knows how to run the court. Russell is a walking stat stuffer and leads by his will and actions. He's no leading pg though.

Then I seen the argument of how can you be the game's best player but not the game's best point guard, well that's like saying Jordan was the game's best player but not the game's best center or power forward or 3 or point... he just balled like Steph is doing.
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options
    1) No one said that steals dictate a great defensive player. But high steals in the context of the eye test can support the argument of a good defensive player.

Same with Blocks... So Mutumbo and Dwight Horward weren't good defenders because they tallied several Blocks/game? ... Riiiiight

You guys are using outliers to make your arguments.

But Joe Blow had high FG% so FG% doesn't matter

Flawed logic

2) Steph is NOT AI ... Two different players

Check Steph's stats across the board; especially efficiency ...

The check AI's, bruh

Also Iverson was a Shooting Gaurd and he certainly played like one. Bad comparison.

3) Your flipping the argument at the end:

"How can MJ be the game's best player but not the game's best SG?"

Answer me that...

And while your at it, answer this -

Forget stats for a moment, what is the ultimate goal of being the "floor general" on a basketball court?

Is it not to win games... Go deep in the playoffs?
    ...Win championships?

Clippers have had one of the most loaded rosters in the league the last few years ... Hands Down

I'll do you a solid and call stats a wash ...
    I'll even call the talent even for both teams...

Explain to me the difference in success?
  • Focal Point
    Options
    1) No one said that steals dictate a great defensive player. But high steals in the context of the eye test can support the argument of a good defensive player.

Same with Blocks... So Mutumbo and Dwight Horward weren't good defenders because they tallied several Blocks/game? ... Riiiiight

You guys are using outliers to make your arguments.

But Joe Blow had high FG% so FG% doesn't matter

Flawed logic

2) Steph is NOT AI ... Two different players

Check Steph's stats across the board; especially efficiency ...

The check AI's, bruh

Also Iverson was a Shooting Gaurd and he certainly played like one. Bad comparison.

3) Your flipping the argument at the end:

"How can MJ be the game's best player but not the game's best SG?"

Answer me that...

And while your at it, answer this -

Forget stats for a moment, what is the ultimate goal of being the "floor general" on a basketball court?

Is it not to win games... Go deep in the playoffs?
    ...Win championships?

Clippers have had one of the most loaded rosters in the league the last few years ... Hands Down

I'll do you a solid and call stats a wash ...
    I'll even call the talent even for both teams...

Explain to me the difference in success?

What flawed logic???

1. Eye test can't be supported if I'm watching him gamble. Its the same with AI back in the day, he'd get steals too, but by playing the passing lane, not so much guarding up and stopping his man to a degree. Also playing defense is more than getting blocks, it's help side D, Defensive rebounds, altering passes, forcing penatrators to reconsider driving to the paint, contending against post players and being able to move your feet and timing your defense. And I didn't say you said anything about steals, I simply made a point about it.

2. Look up what position they had AI playing often. All I'm comparing is the scenario of position to match the team's needs. By intents and purposes, Steph is a 2 playing the point, a really good point running with him would make him even more dangerous.

3. I'm not flipping the argument. Steph is amazing and ballin his ass off, but are you honestly going to tell me that he runs an offense better than CP3 or sets up players better. That's what a pg job is. Can Steph score better than Paul, without a doubt, but that doesn't make him a better point. Paul passes the ball better, sees the necessary changes needed to be made in an offense to facilitate better

The ultimate job of a floor general is to run the game plan crafted by the coach, set up their teammates, see and understand the defense to put their teammates in better scoring positions, play D, and correct mistakes on the floor; which is why a point will know where every player is supposed to be in every play. They are also able to score too which places pressure on the defense.

As far as MJ he's going to be the games best two guard because he embodies and does everything that a two guard is suppose to do to the utmost which is shooting and scoring although there will be others who argue the point of his reasoning as the best 2 guard and rather call him the best player because there were better shooters out there such as Reggie Miller, Mitch Richmond, Ray Allen, Connie Hawkins, and the such.

Are we talking Clips vs Dubs or overall playoff success?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Paul
    CP3 is the best PG in the league and it's been that way for quite some time. Steph is just the best player playing point guard.