Complex: Why Air Jordans Aren't Selling Out Anymore

Options

Comments

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was never really into Jordans. I've probably bought 2 pair in my entire life. 95% of them mfs are ugly as ? .
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Yeah getting tickets and waiting in line at 12am doesn't seem appealing for me. I'm just fine walking in at 4pm grabbing some Chucks, PF Flyers, Dunks, Timbs, or the Jordan 1's.

sit the ? down,LOL Turf out here wearing P F Flyers
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought sneakers to hoop in, and ? paying that much for some sneakers, now some shoes yeah but sneakers nah
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought the 72-10's for 340..it's hard to get bigger sizes from the store..it's still a better investment than buying a 40 dollar bottle of liquor for 200 at the club
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    lol @ copping some real 72-10's for $100, yet they sold out in 1 hour online, and in store they were gone before they were even released through a raffle a week before the release date

You know nothing about Jordan shoes if you believe Jordans ain't selling out, it is and has always depended on the actual pair that was released

Every style of Jordans didn't always sell out, if anyone did research they'll see the only Jordans that sellout present day are the OG colorways of that style that sold out on it's original release

Also some exclusive colorways sellout also, for example the Gammas

Besides, this past weekend 4 retros were released, the 72 10's sold out and the PSNY 13'S sold out
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    This is a great thing. Them folks who was just getting shoes to resell them was just in the ? way. If you not going to wear them get out the way. Reselling shoes at crazy marked up prices ain't a real ? hustle.

Dummies buying shoes for $200 then reselling them for $400 the same day then wondering why the person who agreed to the $400 price slapped a knot on your head took them and ain't pay you ? .

OR...

Buy them for 200, sit and wait...until they are long out of the retro cycle and ...now your 200 is 4, 5, 600

And ? forbid Nike decides to stop retroeing. Unworn pairs would be a goldmine

Im not a 'hypebeast' and the culture is corny to me, but to call people stupid for reselling- -aka investing- --is asinine. Its a GUARANTEED return on investment and potential goldmine, and it A-preciates in value

they dont appreciate....they are ? sneakers.
    its just dumb ? willing to buy them. that doesnt mean it appreciates. it just means you found a ?

Fam, an unworn Jordan appreciates in value. Thats a pretty tangible statement i just made. ? the fact its Mike, ? what the item is. Pure economics. If i bought for x, can,i sell it,for x+1. Remove the emotion and talk numbers

T2XE1Go.jpg

A good example of a retor that hasnt released at all since OG. Og price 150, now market,value 600. It has appreciated. Simple, emotionless analysis
  • S2J
    Options
    ? claiming they too good to make a quick $200 flip lol

I got the 72-10's, first Js in years. If wanted i could sell them back right now for 350. And they JUST came out.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hilarious $600 for some sneakers. Lol!
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The line for the 72-10 on Saturday at 11 45....can someone flip the pic over? I cant on my tablet 11hfk0h.jpg
  • S2J
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Where do y'all wear your $200 sneakers to?

I mean its $200 *shrug* Go check the 'how much u spend in a weekend' thread.

Some ? buy a hafl dozen $50 video games they'll play for 1 year. Some ? buy a bottle thats gone in a night. Some ? buy kicks they'll wear for a few years *shrug*

But yea, i might just ball in em. Or hit the gym in em, yea thata a good one. Just to stunt tbh. Wont catch me in a real deal outfit wit em on tho, not when everybody wearin em. I liked Js before culture vultures and lil ? got on, so i like em for the nostalgia. And its just a nod to the cultcha. The kicks ? breakin they neck for i wear to throw out my trash. Its not gon make sense to everybody
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought sneakers to hoop in, and ? paying that much for some sneakers, now some shoes yeah but sneakers nah
    Why do u think paying high prices for 'shoes' instead 'sneakers' is so different?

Maybe because shoes last longer then sneakers.

I'm just guessing.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maybe b/c...there are shoes that actually look better than jordans

or let me put it this way, if i'ma pay 100+ for a shoe, it aint gon be something a 16 year old wearing
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Why do u think paying high prices for 'shoes' instead 'sneakers' is so different?

I'm just guessing.
    Doesn't that depend on how you care for them?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is how I look at ? trying to resell shoes

"You in the WAY man on some real PLAYAS. Stompin' on them lil' Navigators and carryin on man. Gettin trucks under the year and puttin' spinners on it
    YA FAKIN!!! CHURCH!"
    You need to step off, take ya tennis shoes somewhere
    And your sweatsuits and ya Kobe Bryant outfit, and go JOIN the Lakers, square!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGuGszxb5Lk
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

I'm just guessing.

*than my brotha...than

-then: at that time; at the time in question. ex. I was gonna go to work, but then I got high

-than: introducing the second element in a comparison. ex. Keisha's ass is bigger than Stacey's
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    maybe b/c...there are shoes that actually look better than jordans

or let me put it this way, if i'ma pay 100+ for a shoe, it aint gon be something a 16 year old wearing
    So this is about style? Lol
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A good pair of shoes will last a long time, sneakers not so much. Plus with sneakers you doing a lot more in them, running and cutting, shoes you being cool and looking cool
  • S2J
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Too much nostalgia there not to ? wit em. A lotta people is younger grabbin em as a fad, but ? was in everyday life when the originals was comin out. Now they're not as exclusive because they've been circulated so much. But i'm 30+ so it's more than just a cool thing for me. They bring back a lot of dope shoes from back in the G, from Bo Jacksons to ewings, to them first iversons, hauraches, deions, all that.

? didn't always have a whole month of school clothes, but even if you only had 1 week of gear before you started repeatin, it wouldn't matter because your shoes was so fresh. ? tryin to figure out the best cleaning method for they joints toothbrushes, or washrags haha, puttin the socks in em to keep the wrinkles out. Call it shallow or whatever you want, but shoes was as much a part of me and my people's comin up as hip hop was, so sometimes I see em, and I don't care about the cost. I see some red and black patent leather 11s, I get a good feeling and I'm grabbin em. ? was coppin the black jordan jersey to wear wit em and a ? couldn't tell you ? . Especially if you had the pinstripes on the jersey, you was super official then. I grew up in the 80s and 90s so jordans is apart of my blueprint.

RNS

Ive made my stance clear: if you never, EVER fuckd wit Js, and thats just bogus to you, like you NEVER cared for Js,and you dont get what it at least USED to mean, i dont recognize you. You funny style. Its cool, i get it, you was on some OTHER ? as a kid. Type ? "ehhh, Boyz in Tha Hood wasnt that good to me'. Type ? didnt find Martin funny @beta Cool. Theres always 1. But you not gon sit here and rewrite a part of black culture like YOU were normal . YES, black culture. Just like certain movies we recognize as staples and if u aint seen em you funny style. Same thing

So ijs, where were you?!?!? If you 30 plus and 'Mmm Jordan's weren't my thing' , where were you 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91...lol

Like Mike was some low key local ?

So Dwayne Wayne wasnt that ? rockin Js on A Different World?

So Fresh Prince Wasnt that ? rockin fresh Js

So Spike Lee wasnt rockin Js in all his movies

Nigha Jerry Seinfeld was a sneakerhead lol Cmon

Hey, to each his own, but i don't recognize you. I cant speak for what it means to these lil ? who just hoppin on a fad, but as a OG thats nostalgia. It was the 90s, you had to be there