The Official 2015/2016 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still can't tell if that's really him tho.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tupacfan12 wrote: »
    I heard RG3 wants to go to Dallas too. Why won't they go to a team that needs a QB?

RG3 and Matt Forte would be a great look in Houston imo.

Almost every football player from Texas dreams of playing for the Cowboys don't matter how bad they are, just like football players in PA outside of Philly wanna play for the Steelers or players from Cali wanna play for the 49ers. Those are legendary teams

That's cool and all but ? that. Get to the money. I guess they want to be career backups.

JusDre313 wrote: »
    i havent been following the manziel ? .. so he went to vegas?? is it something else im missing? did he miss a practice, meeting or something because of this. or is folks just up in arms for the fact its johnny football in vegas?? tf he in a wig for..

@JusDre313

They said he showed up to the facility "inebriated"

Dude has been 'counseled' on numerous occasions not to go out of town and get ? . He's ignored those request a few times. That's why he was benched during the season. It happened again so he was cut. Just look at it like this.....

You got 2 employees that show up to work hungover all of the time. One still does his job well and continues to prove it on a daily basis. The other is a new employee, still on a probation period, and hasn't proved ? to show that he belongs there.

Which one would you fire?

i get that i just was hoping it was more to the story from what i heard... i had only heard he was in vegas and heard him getting ripped on sportsradio.. i was just thinking for going to vegas??? .. bottom line you cant be coming in to work ? regardless of your profession.. so i damn sure get that, but telling a ? he cant go out of town?? thats ? IMO.. i mean long as u aint missing team activities... but like i said i havent been following the story so im probably missing some facts...
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard RG3 wants to go to Dallas too. Why won't they go to a team that needs a QB?

Almost every football player from Texas dreams of playing for the Cowboys don't matter how bad they are, just like football players in PA outside of Philly wanna play for the Steelers or players from Cali wanna play for the 49ers. Those are legendary teams

That's cool and all but ? that. Get to the money. I guess they want to be career backups.

i havent been following the manziel ? .. so he went to vegas?? is it something else im missing? did he miss a practice, meeting or something because of this. or is folks just up in arms for the fact its johnny football in vegas?? tf he in a wig for..

@JusDre313

Dude has been 'counseled' on numerous occasions not to go out of town and get ? . He's ignored those request a few times. That's why he was benched during the season. It happened again so he was cut. Just look at it like this.....

You got 2 employees that show up to work hungover all of the time. One still does his job well and continues to prove it on a daily basis. The other is a new employee, still on a probation period, and hasn't proved ? to show that he belongs there.

i get that i just was hoping it was more to the story from what i heard... i had only heard he was in vegas and heard him getting ripped on sportsradio.. i was just thinking for going to vegas??? .. bottom line you cant be coming in to work ? regardless of your profession.. so i damn sure get that, but telling a ? he cant go out of town?? thats ? IMO.. i mean long as u aint missing team activities... but like i said i havent been following the story so im probably missing some facts...

He missed team activities , him coming in ? is how he got a mysterious concussion during the week leading up to this how you got a concussion but you partying in Vegas
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

@JusDre313

He missed team activities , him coming in ? is how he got a mysterious concussion during the week leading up to this how you got a concussion but you partying in Vegas

aw gotcha.. wasnt aware of that.. @ZydecoShawty ? u flaggin for??? i clearly stated i didnt have all the facts.. hence the reason i asked CS in the first place...
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao, Johnny tried to pull an okie doke with that IG ?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that kid is like a real life bevis
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pics are fake fyi lol I got took
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25439800/brandon-marshall-johnny-manziel-doesnt-get-it-needs-to-get-life-together
    Brandon Marshall: Johnny Manziel doesn't get it, needs to get life together

"Johnny, Johnny, Johnny. This is a serious topic," Marshall said during Tuesday's appearance on Showtime's Inside the NFL. "Well, first, you've got to forget about football, sir. You need to go get your life together. And to be quite frank, I don't think you get it. You don't understand. You're ruining a very, very special opportunity. It's an honor to be in the NFL.

"There is a thing out there called divine mentorship, where you can learn from others' mistakes. He has the opportunity to really sit back and reflect on his situation, look at others, and learn from it and be better."

There are reports that Manziel wants to play in Dallas and Jones hasn't exactly shot down that idea. But the reality is that, even if that comes to pass, Manziel hasn't shown he's close to being an NFL quarterback. Even if Jones buys him a one or two-year reprieve from the real world, the bottom line doesn't change: On Manziel's current course, he'll be out of football soon enough with little hope of getting another shot. If he doesn't think it can happen, his agent should set up a meeting with JaMarcus Russell.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We love you calvin
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt Stafford better fly out to wherever that ? stay and start begging and pleading
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manziel family loaded. Money is not the object. He probably really thinking about how football players are the lowest paid in US major sports lexicon but has the highest injury rate.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate the national sports media.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No one mentioning Kaepernick.

You cant tell me with a elite D and at least 1 young go-to WR (Crabtree was not that) he couldn't repeat what he did in SF.

Kansas City, Texans, hell even the Jets could have him compete. All those teams have top shelf D's with QBs with clear ceilings.

He's not done, teams are just spoiled by instant success

And its sad man. Brady and Rothlisberger started off similar! !! It took both those dudes 4, 5 years as starters to actually start puttin up guady numbers.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

You cant tell me with a elite D and at least 1 young go-to WR (Crabtree was not that) he couldn't repeat what he did in SF.

Kansas City, Texans, hell even the Jets could have him compete. All those teams have top shelf D's with QBs with clear ceilings.

And its sad man. Brady and Rothlisberger started off similar! !! It took both those dudes 4, 5 years as starters to actually start puttin up guady numbers.

What success he had. Alex Smith brought that team to the NFCCG too.

Kaep numbers was never great. He was slightly below average.

? ass Gabbert came in and pinup better numbers then Kaep. And he's not good himself.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

? ass Gabbert came in and pinup better numbers then Kaep. And he's not good himself.

Uh Kaep took them to back to back title games and damn near led them to a comeback in the super bowl. He's put up numbers in the playoffs too.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    44Since88 wrote: »

Uh Kaep took them to back to back title games and damn near led them to a comeback in the super bowl. He's put up numbers in the playoffs too.

Kaep is good?

He's a scrub. Have you watched him play these last two years?

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    44Since88 wrote: »

Kaep is good?

He's a scrub. Have you watched him play these last two years?

He's not a scrub. He has skills and has proven he can ball in the right situation.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell I was hoping we brought in Kaep as back up as insurance in case things didn't work out with Grayson after Brees retired or moved on eventually.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think KC is going to surprise everybody, I know it's fashionable to clown Alex Smith but dude has shown up in the playoffs. I hear people bring up that loss to the Colts a couple years ago but dude had 4 touchdowns and no TOs and he threw a perfect pass that Bowe dropped that would have won them the game.

The AFC is weak this year the Chiefs have as good a chance as any team to win the AFC.