Options

Comments

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    That's not common sense, that's your imagination running wild

You don't know that Cosby didn't take any of the drugs, you jumped to that conclusion

And even if he didn't take it, so what? What does this imply in your imagination?

If married ? told you he gave your sister a sedative(quaalude) to have sex with her
    and never mentions that he also took a sedative(quaalude)

what the hell that tells you?

We not talking about Bill "America's Dad" Cosby
    just a regular 9 to 5....hustling married ?

Baring you're not a mental imbalance sadistic perv....
    I highly doubt you'll be equally viewing this regular 9 to 5 dude as some benevolent patriarch of morality and decency
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    Bill Cosby is an OG ? ? , who wouldn't even look at you rappity rap ? if you were on fire and would probably ? your dead mother

Stop caping for folks who despise you

@haute

Haute...how have you been? IC hasn't been the same since you left.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awesome....congrats
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Maybe Pill Cosby will learn now to have Black people back instead of criticizing us every chance he can during interviews

That man got his wake up call lol

a terrible way of looking at this.

was he wrong tho.
    if you wasnt living like that then why would it bother you?

this man put those thru college who wanted to better themselves and wants more people to better themselves. but he wrong for saying have some pride and dignity.

? i agree to a majority of what he was saying.
    maybe his timing was off with his audience but ? didnt take ? from it. ? rather focus on him not being perfect or him saying it to white people or anything other than taking responsibility.

Question..do you think without the ? allegations but it just coming out how Bill was cheating, taking and giving drugs and havi g out of wedlock kids....don't you think that information alone would have been enough for people to disregard the message and messenger? Its hard to tell people to keep their family lives in order when his was in disarray for so long and people would've pounced all over that level of hypocrisy from him. Its not about being perfect but if you're gonna ask people to uphold certain values to improve the community he should have been actually doing it too.

but bill takes responsibility for his kids an cheating an ? .
    i think he had a daughter that went to famu. i think it was him. but he took care of her.

but anyway...

how many people you get advice from are living lives you dont know about. but that dont stop them from wanting better from you.

maybe you can look at it like...i fukked up and i am mad i fukked up and i dont want you to do the same fukk ? and get caught up like i did. i see you going that path and i want you to stop.

no one ever thought to look at it like that huh.

sometimes its that janitor who lost all his money can be the one that can help you keep all your money.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Well I've been traveling then I got married now I'm pregnant

where you go and whats the sex
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    That's not common sense, that's your imagination running wild

You don't know that Cosby didn't take any of the drugs, you jumped to that conclusion

And even if he didn't take it, so what? What does this imply in your imagination?

If ? told you he gave your sister a sedative(quaalude) to have sex with her
    and never mentions that he also took a sedative(quaalude)

what the hell that tells you?

We not talking about Bill "America's Dad" Cosby
    just a regular 9 to 5....hustling ?

Baring you're not a mental imbalance sadistic perv....
    I highly doubt you'll be equally viewing this regular 9 to 5 dude as some benevolent patriarch of morality and decency

You can stop with the emotional appeals they don't work on me

Anything my sister chose to do with another human being would be on her. I'm not manipulated that easily

Like I said before in this thread, Cosby must have really hurt most of you ? in some way for you to be slandering and lying on him like this

You dont have proof cosby ? anyone and you can't produce proof. You're a gullible sheep just like most others calling Cosby a ? with 0 evidence

• xxCivicxx
    Options
    Bill Cosby is an OG ? ? , who wouldn't even look at you rappity rap ? if you were on fire and would probably ? your dead mother

Stop caping for folks who despise you

You should probably read the thread before making silly comments...

Your entire post was pretty ignorant and uninformed
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Maybe Pill Cosby will learn now to have Black people back instead of criticizing us every chance he can during interviews

was he wrong tho.

this man put those thru college who wanted to better themselves and wants more people to better themselves. but he wrong for saying have some pride and dignity.

maybe his timing was off with his audience but ? didnt take ? from it. ? rather focus on him not being perfect or him saying it to white people or anything other than taking responsibility.

Question..do you think without the ? allegations but it just coming out how Bill was cheating, taking and giving drugs and havi g out of wedlock kids....don't you think that information alone would have been enough for people to disregard the message and messenger? Its hard to tell people to keep their family lives in order when his was in disarray for so long and people would've pounced all over that level of hypocrisy from him. Its not about being perfect but if you're gonna ask people to uphold certain values to improve the community he should have been actually doing it too.

i think he had a daughter that went to famu. i think it was him. but he took care of her.

but anyway...

how many people you get advice from are living lives you dont know about. but that dont stop them from wanting better from you.

maybe you can look at it like...i fukked up and i am mad i fukked up and i dont want you to do the same fukk ? and get caught up like i did. i see you going that path and i want you to stop.

sometimes its that janitor who lost all his money can be the one that can help you keep all your money.

Bill wasn't coming from a position of " I made mistakes so here's how you don't repeat mine" though. His was chastising and while its not a bad thing if you're gonna chastise people then your ? better be in order too and for Cosby it wasn't. He's paying people to keep silent about kids out of wedlock and not actually raising the chils, out here taking drugs, cheating pretty much doing everything in private he's telling people publicly is leading to the downfall of the community.

If Bill was coming from the I ? up and don't want you to repeat it then he would have had to be open about his own flaws. He wasn't. He put out an image that was a complete 180 from his personal life. When you do that and it gets exposed you're gonna suffer no matter who you are
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

was he wrong tho.

but anyway...

Bill wasn't coming from a position of " I made mistakes so here's how you don't repeat mine" though. His was chastising and while its not a bad thing if you're gonna chastise people then your ? better be in order too and for Cosby it wasn't. He's paying people to keep silent about kids out of wedlock and not actually raising the chils, out here taking drugs, cheating pretty much doing everything in private he's telling people publicly is leading to the downfall of the community.

If Bill was coming from the I ? up and don't want you to repeat it then he would have had to be open about his own flaws. He wasn't. He put out an image that was a complete 180 from his personal life. When you do that and it gets exposed you're gonna suffer no matter who you are

again...

how do you know who is keeping that typ ? and worse private but out here telling folk what to do
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Not uniformed just highly aware that Cosby doesn't see the humanity in my black ass so I see no need to see his
  • blackrain
    Options

was he wrong tho.

but anyway...

again...

how do you know who is keeping that typ ? and worse private but out here telling folk what to do

You're not answering the question. Either answer it or simply say you don't see an issue with someone giving others standards to live up to they don't meet themselves. It may not matter to you but to others they're not about to take how to better the community advice from someone doing the some of the same ? they say is harming it
  • blackrain
    Options
    @haute congrats on the marriage and baby
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

was he wrong tho.

but anyway...

again...

You're not answering the question. Either answer it or simply say you don't see an issue with someone giving others standards to live up to they don't meet themselves. It may not matter to you but to others they're not about to take how to better the community advice from someone doing the some of the same ? they say is harming it

really?
    so why do people listen to the aint ? dudes and they inturn create more aint ? dudes.

who are the ? following who are going around shooting other ? . they had to get it from someone.

but you ont see nothing wrong with someone holding someone sucessful but flawed to a high standard.

so like i said before....they want people to be perfect.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Not uniformed just highly aware that Cosby doesn't see the humanity in my black ass so I see no need to see his

Cool and how were you made highly aware of this?
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go do you your googles sweetie it's free I'm not

Start with his pound cake monologue first
  • blackrain
    Options

was he wrong tho.

but anyway...

again...

really?
    so why do people listen to the aint ? dudes and they inturn create more aint ? dudes.

who are the ? following who are going around shooting other ? . they had to get it from someone.

but you ont see nothing wrong with someone holding someone sucessful but flawed to a high standard.

Those people listening to ain't ? folks ain't too bright. I think people should be held to the standard they hold others to no more no less. So if you're gonna go around telling an entire community how to clean their act up meanwhile you're out here living all sorts of foul it eventually is going to make you look real bad. It ain't about wanting people to be perfect but your shortcomings can't have a direct connection to what you're telling people what not to do
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First we had the "FERGUSON EFFECT" now we have the "COSBY EFFECT"
    The 'Cosby Effect' Could Be Causing A Spike In People Reporting ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-cosby-effect-women-reporting-? _568d7206e4b0a2b6fb6e6767?utm_hp_ref=black-voices&ir=Black%2BVoices&section=black-voices
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I'm in New Orleans and I see the youth still walking around sagging their pants repoint gangs and not giving a ? I do fell like Cosby.

I don't care what white ppl think. Our problems not going to get fixed unless we take responsibility for ourselves first.

Even though white ppl is to blame for a lot of problems it's still up to us to fix our problems also.

It's no reason black kids shouldn't be pushed to read books and become the change that we all want

I see it to often parents promoting the wrong ? . It's a real problem in the black community.

And if you don't think so you never lived in a black community.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go do you your googles sweetie it's free I'm not

Start with his pound cake monologue first

They had an annotated ethering of that speech here it is

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adamserwer/bill-cosby-pound-for-pound#.utgjpQKjNk

The ? sounded as if he was a fox news contributor.. with sweep gross miscaterizations lies and ignorance
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

was he wrong tho.

but anyway...

again...

really?

Those people listening to ain't ? folks ain't too bright. I think people should be held to the standard they hold others to no more no less. So if you're gonna go around telling an entire community how to clean their act up meanwhile you're out here living all sorts of foul it eventually is going to make you look real bad. It ain't about wanting people to be perfect but your shortcomings can't have a direct connection to what you're telling people what not to do

but hey maybe that person knows whats right but aint strong enough to do it themselves.
    does that mean their message aint right.
    does that mean you cant learn from them because they like liquor, fast women, drugs or whatever.

everyone has something to hide...no one lets all themselves be know to the public.

i may not agree with you being a thief but if you go a good message that can help me....i'll listen but you just cant come to my house and cant get in my car
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    First we had the "FERGUSON EFFECT" now we have the "COSBY EFFECT"
    The 'Cosby Effect' Could Be Causing A Spike In People Reporting ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-cosby-effect-women-reporting-? _568d7206e4b0a2b6fb6e6767?utm_hp_ref=black-voices&ir=Black%2BVoices&section=black-voices

i said this was gonna happen like 20 pages back.

you can brush up against, touch, buy a drink, give an aspirin, let a chick fall asleep, come out the bathroom naked, show ya dikk, take about sex or flirt with chicks moving forward.

i dont think yall understand how far this can or will go.

basically if a chick aint feeling you and you trying to push up...you can be in cosbys shoes
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    When I'm in New Orleans and I see the youth still walking around sagging their pants repoint gangs and not giving a ? I do fell like Cosby.

I don't care what white ppl think. Our problems not going to get fixed unless we take responsibility for ourselves first.

Even though white ppl is to blame for a lot of problems it's still up to us to fix our problems also.

It's no reason black kids shouldn't be pushed to read books and become the change that we all want

I see it to often parents promoting the wrong ? . It's a real problem in the black community.

And if you don't think so you never lived in a black community.

exactly....

i could even give a pass to teens saggin but in the airport grown ass men be saggin. that aint a good look.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    just because the statue of limitations ran out .... Doesn't mean he didn't sexually assault anyone
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

22.gif

a.mann wrote: »
    Bill's message would have been fine,because tough love is commendable and needed .

But his critiques and criticism of the black community WAS NOT coming from a place of love and understanding.
    But of resentment and annoyance.

And contrary to what many of his defenders are saying , Bill Cosby WAS NOT talking to people black as a "Dad" would,but as an "outsider" would berating someone he feels is beneath him .

That is NOT how your reach people.YOUR PEOPLE,

You don't talk down on those you are trying lift up.
    And THAT is why his greater message never resonated with the black community