Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe Snoke is the physical manifestation of Vaders dark side
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or maybe he is more ancient. A seperate Sith Order from Sidious.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    probably should let the story play out but from what i'm seeing, Finn is being set up to be the hero of the entire trilogy. To me it seems as though he was force sensitive and his awakening came in the beginning of the movie. He just didn't know what it was. There were other signs showing he was force sensitive in my opinion. He then spent the entire film running from what he thought was the first order, but really was the force. Rey on the otherhand heard of the legends and seemed to be more into it than Finn. His comments of being "nobody special" and working in sanitation and appearing to be comic relief may be even more of a bait and switch then him wielding the saber.

Hope so.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This what the internets think

gsJZasw.jpg

No lie, when I saw him in the movie I thought the same thing. I was just too lazy to look up the picture to confirm. If Plageuis could manipulate midichlorians to keep those he loved alive, maybe Vader learned how to keep himself alive. To do so he had to release his light side (hence the Anakin force ghost) and all that remained alive was his dark side. Maybe thats the trick. Those that are kept alive in this manner only retain their dark side since doing so is the pinnacle dark side power.
  • TheNightKing
    Options
    Plus, Kylo may not be a Vader stan due to the stories he's heard, but due to the fact Snoke is Vader. It makes more since that someone from his family persuades him to the dark side as opposed to a random Sith roaming the universe. Especially given his affinity to force sensitive family members. I mean, how did Snoke just pop up and run the Empire? Vader could have done it with ease. He was Second in command and basically ran it himself.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw this movie again. I still hate it
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe snoke is just snoke. I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment trying to come up with all these theories and then he's actually snoke.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Acting sucked in the movie and it was corny and boring I actually laughed
    when Han Solo died
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    Plus, Kylo may not be a Vader stan due to the stories he's heard, but due to the fact Snoke is Vader. It makes more since that someone from his family persuades him to the dark side as opposed to a random Sith roaming the universe. Especially given his affinity to force sensitive family members. I mean, how did Snoke just pop up and run the Empire? Vader could have done it with ease. He was Second in command and basically ran it himself.

There is no empire. The First Order is a ? version of ISIS. They don't really have no fleet or extra large army anymore. Starkiller base and the one flagship was all they had
  • BlackxChild
    edited January 2016
    Options

There is no empire. The First Order is a ? version of ISIS. They don't really have no fleet or extra large army anymore. Starkiller base and the one flagship was all they had
    The first order is pretty much the Empire with a bigger Death Star.... This movie sucks and Kylo Ren is a ? who has trained with Luke ? Skywalker and he can't beat a chick who just learned what the force was late in the ? movie. This movie really ? sucks and why is Fin even able to compete with Kylo Ren?

This movie is trash and has convinced me never to see another Star Wars movie in theatres ever again...
  • TheNightKing
    Options

I understand technically there's no empire, but Kylo and Snoke control what's left of it. They're still a force to be reckoned with. Who else other than Vader could even hold that together after the Emporer was killed? Definitely not some Sith out of the blue. And why would Kylo choose the darkside with an out of the blue Sith over his uncle Luke considering how much he admires his force sensitive relatives.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The first order is pretty much the Empire with a bigger Death Star.... This movie sucks and Kylo Ren is a ? who has trained with Luke ? Skywalker and he can't beat a chick who just learned what the force was late in the ? movie. This movie really ? sucks and why is Fin even able to compete with Kylo Ren?

This movie is trash and has convinced me never to see another Star Wars movie in theatres ever again...

I assume the remaining two movies will get into more detail about what happened with Ren and Luke, but considering what Snoke said, Ren never completed his training with Snoke, nor with Luke. Regarding Rey, it's just a guess, but it seems as though she was also being trained by Luke as a child, considering the visions that she saw. That might explain how she was able to achieve so much. Its as though she's been brainwashed for a specific reason. But just taking the fight between Rey and Ren into consideration, Ren was actually toying with her, she really stood no chance until she received her "last dragon glow" moment. At that point the force was guiding her actions. The same can really apply with Finn..He was toying with him until Finn connected and was put down immediately. Finn may also be force sensitive. I've never heard of any normal guy picking up a saber and being able to last more than 2 seconds with a trained padawan, let alone a jedi. There are other things to consider as well. Ren had just been blasted by Chewbacca's weapon, which the movie went out of its way to show just how powerful the weapon was. He was conflicted between the light and the dark the entire movie. He also just killed one of the most important people in his life. I imagine those things came into play during those two fights.
  • jaxn
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    Maybe snoke is just snoke. I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment trying to come up with all these theories and then he's actually snoke.

That's true. The only thing about that is all of the Sith had Sith names and their regular names. Count Dooku was Darth Tyranous. Palpatine was Darth Sidious, etc...Snoke may just be Snoke though. Who knows. Alot of folks were prediciting it was Darth Plaguies before the movie was released. I think that played into Serkis' interview.
  • BlackxChild
    edited January 2016
    Options

I assume the remaining two movies will get into more detail about what happened with Ren and Luke, but considering what Snoke said, Ren never completed his training with Snoke, nor with Luke. Regarding Rey, it's just a guess, but it seems as though she was also being trained by Luke as a child, considering the visions that she saw. That might explain how she was able to achieve so much. Its as though she's been brainwashed for a specific reason. But just taking the fight between Rey and Ren into consideration, Ren was actually toying with her, she really stood no chance until she received her "last dragon glow" moment. At that point the force was guiding her actions. The same can really apply with Finn..He was toying with him until Finn connected and was put down immediately. Finn may also be force sensitive. I've never heard of any normal guy picking up a saber and being able to last more than 2 seconds with a trained padawan, let alone a jedi. There are other things to consider as well. Ren had just been blasted by Chewbacca's weapon, which the movie went out of its way to show just how powerful the weapon was. He was conflicted between the light and the dark the entire movie. He also just killed one of the most important people in his life. I imagine those things came into play during those two fights.

http://youtu.be/aJ7CB-60tBk

This movie sucks it really sucks.... Why would you even want to watch the next 2 movies?
  • jaxn
    Options
    It wasn't bad to me and I'd like to see the entire story, just like the other two trilogies. It's kind of hard to base a final opinion on an unfinished product.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    It wasn't bad to me and I'd like to see the entire story, just like the other two trilogies. It's kind of hard to base a final opinion on an unfinished product.
    Actual it is pretty easy... The movie sucked... The girl knew everything and was all powerful... There was no build up to the characters. Kylo Ren is so ? weak why did they let him live he got trained by Luke Skywalker and was a complete ? . The whole movie was a cornfest of ? jokes and dialogue. The story was a repeat of other Star Wars movies... How are you going to just make a bigger Death Star, there was nothing creative about this at all.

The movie sucked and was complete trash.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk, not a bad explanation..

but again, the whole StarKiller thing draining the sun spoke volumes IMO. Very symbolic of him being full dark.

The shot didn't ? him because he's strong.

I agree w this

http://www.tickld.com/x/jaw/this-guy-just-changed-the-way-we-see-kylo-ren-spoilers?utm_content=inf_11_93_2&utm_source=tickld&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=contentse&tse_id=INF_3099c0a3c9f74e89acafc57b1fb42a18
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just saw this movie, I liked it. I can see why someone could criticize the Finn character, especially with the way we've been portrayed in films/TV/literature throughout history, but honestly I thought the character was fine. I'm interested what his development will be going forward and I do believe he has some level of force sensitivity. Kylo Ren (sp?) was okay, seemed kinda whiny, dude can stop lasers in mid air but let a storm trooper hang with him in a light saber fight? I don't care if he's injured or not. I want to see what the additional training will allow him to do.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Long titangraph but explains Kylo Ren's wound (very goood read):
    B0VBNGa.gif

We need to talk about Kylo Ren’s wound.

At first, pounding on the ? in his side seems like a strange thing to do. Then, you remember: the Dark Side of the Force is fuelled by rage and pain. He is hitting his injury to make himself stronger. It’s a survival tactic that probably prevented his body from undergoing shock. It’s what kept him alive.

Not so fast. There’ s more.

Have you stopped to think about who shot him? Chewbacca.

Chewbacca, Han Solo’s best friend, comrade, copilot, and confidant. Chewbacca, whom Ben Solo grew up with. Chewbacca, who probably would have been the equivalent of Ben’s godfather. “Uncle” Chewie. Who would have patiently allowed infant Ben to tug and pull on his fur. Who would have taught him to speak Wookie, and let him play in the Millennium Falcon, even when Han said to cut it out. Who would have shown him that family and love come in all shapes and sizes. It was Chewbacca that shot him. Because Ben betrayed him. He is no longer Ben Solo, but Kylo Ren “Victorious Ruler.” This man is not the boy Chewie knew. And he just murdered Han Solo. The shot was based on an instinct. A gut reaction. And right after it was fired, you can see the pain in both of their faces.

The wound was inflicted by Kylo’s former friend, but it’s cause was his own action. The act that was meant to help him. The act that should have pushed him over the edge and into complete darkness. Kylo Ren’s last resort to resisting the call to the light.

Go back to him pounding his wound. Why was he hitting his injury? He was bleeding out, after all. Blasts from the same weapon have taken down armoured stormtroopers. Simple. It didn’t work. Killing Han Solo did not help Kylo Ren achieve darkness. If anything, it weakened him. By hitting his wounds, he’s not just inflicting physical pain, but the pain of every part of his injury: the death, the shot, and his failure. He’s hitting himself to relive that pain. But, after everything he is still drawn to the light.

Rey. “You need a teacher,” he tells her. “I can show you the ways of the force.” But that’s another story.

Edit
    Credit http://use-the-force-rey.tumblr.com/post/136493415812/we-need-to-talk-about-kylo-rens-wound-at-first

Awesome Front Page. Send me anything you feel like

I figured I would share the link. "http://imgur.com/gallery/HaOMMJg"

http://imgur.com/gallery/B0VBNGa

@VIBE I'd like to get your thoughts on this....

This is basically what I said with my post about KR
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    @BlackxChild can you shut the ? up??? alright ? you did not like the ? movie move the ? on

For real its always some miserable ? that wants everybody to be miserable just like they are.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are legends of force sensitive individuals being able to do different feats unique to each person. Rey didn't have training and is probably not Luke's kid and may be adept @ tapping into visions of the past using the force
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I really hope y'all right about Finn being force sensitive. That would be really ? up and weak if they just limited him to a stormtrooper. Probably blatantly racist like only a certain number of minorities can be Jedi's.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    And I'll still hold back on watching the next one and wait to hear about development in his character before I spend my money.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Long titangraph but explains Kylo Ren's wound (very goood read):
    B0VBNGa.gif

We need to talk about Kylo Ren’s wound.

At first, pounding on the ? in his side seems like a strange thing to do. Then, you remember: the Dark Side of the Force is fuelled by rage and pain. He is hitting his injury to make himself stronger. It’s a survival tactic that probably prevented his body from undergoing shock. It’s what kept him alive.

Not so fast. There’ s more.

Have you stopped to think about who shot him? Chewbacca.

Chewbacca, Han Solo’s best friend, comrade, copilot, and confidant. Chewbacca, whom Ben Solo grew up with. Chewbacca, who probably would have been the equivalent of Ben’s godfather. “Uncle” Chewie. Who would have patiently allowed infant Ben to tug and pull on his fur. Who would have taught him to speak Wookie, and let him play in the Millennium Falcon, even when Han said to cut it out. Who would have shown him that family and love come in all shapes and sizes. It was Chewbacca that shot him. Because Ben betrayed him. He is no longer Ben Solo, but Kylo Ren “Victorious Ruler.” This man is not the boy Chewie knew. And he just murdered Han Solo. The shot was based on an instinct. A gut reaction. And right after it was fired, you can see the pain in both of their faces.

The wound was inflicted by Kylo’s former friend, but it’s cause was his own action. The act that was meant to help him. The act that should have pushed him over the edge and into complete darkness. Kylo Ren’s last resort to resisting the call to the light.

Go back to him pounding his wound. Why was he hitting his injury? He was bleeding out, after all. Blasts from the same weapon have taken down armoured stormtroopers. Simple. It didn’t work. Killing Han Solo did not help Kylo Ren achieve darkness. If anything, it weakened him. By hitting his wounds, he’s not just inflicting physical pain, but the pain of every part of his injury: the death, the shot, and his failure. He’s hitting himself to relive that pain. But, after everything he is still drawn to the light.

Rey. “You need a teacher,” he tells her. “I can show you the ways of the force.” But that’s another story.

Edit
    Credit http://use-the-force-rey.tumblr.com/post/136493415812/we-need-to-talk-about-kylo-rens-wound-at-first

Awesome Front Page. Send me anything you feel like

I figured I would share the link. "http://imgur.com/gallery/HaOMMJg"

http://imgur.com/gallery/B0VBNGa

@VIBE I'd like to get your thoughts on this....

The dumb ? theories some of yall ? believe. Im more inclined to believe punching the wound somehow closes it but it reopens after swinging the lightsaber like a ?