The Official Drake ‘VIEWS’ Album Thread

Options

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Especially considering that Drake is "competition" to him. In one line Jay-Z could ? Drake's entire career and ? will freak out too cuz we haven't heard new music from Jay in 3 and a half years....

Iono bruh, he went pretty much unscathed after that "Mrs. Drizzy" line

Only on the IC we acted like it was a career ender.

I hate that I missed all that. Was still in jail when it happened >_>
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMFAO Jay-Z aint ending nobody career
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still can't believe he dropped Trash16 as a single
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get it. Why does he need this album to be a classic?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »

That's just ? only IC ? say.
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album will be dope
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is a good question, LOLOLOLOL honestly it prolly dont matter as long as he stays rich. But to purists and the like, if Drake doesn't get a classic album he can't stake his claim and place in Hip-Hop's hall of fame.

To me if he can't drop a classic album his career will fizzle out and ppl won't remember the music the same and hold him in as high regard.

? don't even remember or give a ? about Biggie and Pac these days. Hip-Hop Hall of Fame is just some conversation ? . This genre doesn't celebrate its legends. Hip-Hop is just like the streets. Out with the old, in with the new.

Nobody needs classics in Hip-Hop.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »

That is a good question, LOLOLOLOL honestly it prolly dont matter as long as he stays rich. But to purists and the like, if Drake doesn't get a classic album he can't stake his claim and place in Hip-Hop's hall of fame.

To me if he can't drop a classic album his career will fizzle out and ppl won't remember the music the same and hold him in as high regard.

? don't even remember or give a ? about Biggie and Pac these days. Hip-Hop Hall of Fame is just some conversation ? . This genre doesn't celebrate its legends. Hip-Hop is just like the streets. Out with the old, in with the new.

True but not all ťrue
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People act like classics are droppin all the time.

"You ain't got 1 YET?!" type mentality
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »

True but not all ťrue

What part you disagree with? @aladdin1978
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    People act like classics are droppin all the time.

"You ain't got 1 YET?!" type mentality

The bar has been raised the last few years and it continues to get higher. A lot of the top artist are taking thier albums and craft more seriously. For him to be the "top guy" there is a certain criteria and expectation that is expected of him that his predecessors in the same position have met. Does he need a classic album? No. But look at it this way. a classic album is sort of equivalent to a championship ring. You have your Barkelys Ewings Iversons ect but then you look at the elite round table of top 10-12 NBA players of all time. Each one of those guys is a champion if not a multiple time championship winner. That accomplishment along with other variables puts you in the conversation as one of the greatest of all time. I look at Drake sort of how I viewed LeBron before he left Cleveland. On pace to unquestionably go down as one of the greats but in order to get a seat at that table you need to not only dominate your era but you also need to be a champion. Drake has done the former now it's up to him to seal the deal.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall can disagree and nosign the ? outta this but I think Jay-Z will get at Drake for the ghostwriter ? . I think Jay-Z is the only artist who can come out and denounce it and EVERYONE will stop ? with Drake. Just like how he did DOA, throwbacks and Cristal. They're definitely gonna ask Jay about the Meek ? especially cuz he manages Meek and that's money to him.

I can't see how Jay wouldn't take it as a slight to for someone to have writers and then say they're "Jay-Z" now when Jay don't even write.....

The ? am i reading. Jay and drake appeal to two different demographics. This aint apparel or champagne
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

If he keeps doin' what he's doin' then more power to him. If he wants to be remembered/respected as an artist***, he needs a classic.

***by ? other than his stans
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Caption "April"
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lebong James
    Options
    Damn where is the hype for this? Ain't it dropping soon af? These Days sounds horrendous. Controlla is cool
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I guarantee a song with Ye drake and Hov drops soon
  • Lebong James
    Options
    I guarantee a song with Ye drake and Hov drops soon

April fools?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn where is the hype for this? Ain't it dropping soon af? These Days sounds horrendous. Controlla is cool

These days isn't a album cut. Just a feature. He got another one with controlla tho.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Im expecting this album to be overhyped garbage like all his other albums. Maybe Drake will prove wrong this time but I doubt it.

Why would you listen to garbage?
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im expecting this album to be overhyped garbage like all his other albums. Maybe Drake will prove wrong this time but I doubt it.

Remind us all again what ? you listen to?

And what's up with your avi? You ? ass cac
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Tracklisting should be out today hopefully