The Official Drake ‘VIEWS’ Album Thread

Options

Comments

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Tried to play this album on the way to the park to feed some ducks with my girl sitting passenger. She got aggravated, told me to "Turn this boring ? off, your music ? sucks."

First and last time I'll play this album.

True story.

She gonna get ? by a light skin ? with the whole album playing in the background tomorrow. Watch she gonna start singing controlla
  • ElxChapo
    ElxChapo Members Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    El pinche Drake us un Buen artista pero es musica para los maricones sin padres
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmaooo Jay is absolutely right in most cases

not this time
  • ElxChapo
    ElxChapo Members Posts: 71 ✭✭
    Options

Ya mamasela Guey ...vato mamon
  • da-great1
    da-great1 Members Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Options

podcast giving a review

? is just average Drake album with a few dope tracks. Its not bad but its not good either. Its just ehhhhh. Same formula Drakes been using since Take Care. He kinda left that with IYRTITL but i guess that was just for the hip hop fans. This is for everybody. The ultimate appetizer for old and new fans. C album
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    So far I feel like take care=nwts> TML>views>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iyrtitl
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah it's just a regular cool decent album to me
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    you kno i got the sauce, you know im saucyyyyyyy

lmaooo @ ? acting like they satisfied with a ? who cant sing singing most of the album

only people to ever love my bad singing was broads i was hitting
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    grYmes wrote: »
    I'm gonna face facts that Drake has that talent, but was never really built to be a great like we all want to believe he can. The climate of the game today is way too forgiving and willing to accept recycled ? .

It's cool to have your own opinion and I respect it but the bolded iuno if we watching the same movie fam:

- Multiplatinum albums (has increasingly sold more each time)
    - The undisputed #1 rapper in Hip-Hop right now
    - Killed Meek Mill in the battle (I know on the IC Meek "won" the battle *yawns* but offline that didn't happen)
    - IYRTITL took over the airwaves and had social media on smash

- he gave yall 2 albums of mostly rapping and reverted to his Take Care format for this one (if it aint broke dont fix it)
    - reviews are good so far

I think Drake's mistake was surpassing people's expectations when he came out. Man if I could up the threads from 2009/2010 ? used to be Drake fans and when he went multiplatinum and made it that's when ppl started turning on him as they did 50 Cent, as they did Kanye West, Jay-Z and others. Entertainment is interesting, it's true, it builds people up to break them down just for the sake of entertainment.

Stuff like this is my beef with Drizzy fans. We're on a hip hop forum and ? are talkin' like popularity is >> quality. Nowhere in this list is there anything about how dope he or any of his projects is.

Like I keep sayin' ? love what they love no problem but this 'no.1 in rap' ? come man just enjoy it. He won the Meek beef but it was a very, very wack battle with very weak disses but again it was popular so we must forget about the wackness
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still Here>>>>>>>>>>the rest of the album
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo i had still here on repeat for an hour lol
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Drake needs to call QM and his other writers back for his next album because this ain't it
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    So all in all no matter how u spin it this is a below average album

Listen to it and draw your own conclusions. This is the IC where no one on here is going to openly admit to listening to Drake but be all in his threads at the same time and magically know just what he has to do. Before the album even came out ? were saying it was "wack" so take each opinion with a grain of salt.

If you follow the opinion on here Big KRIT is lyrically Talib Kweli and top 3, NaS is the #1 rapper in Hip-Hop today and all time never to be questioned, Kendrick Lamar is "overrated" and Future has classics.

Objectively, the album goes and its dope. Prolly give it a 7.5/10 the production and songwriting are its strongest points. Lyrically he's introspective as always but it's the IC and if Drake's bars are nice he must not have "written" them....

@Sion
    Bro I'm a Drake fan but this ? is ass to me this wasn't the Drake i wanted to hear. Drake knew what the people expected or wanted from him and he went left field like a ? . ? could of silenced the Ghostwriting critics and dropped 3peat on here to end the Meek fued and make the album sell even more along with making this straight rap or more rap less singin but no he wanna play it safe maaann fck the sells he lost respect for this B.S
    An that Grammy beat was trash
    Child's play trash to
    Weston Flows was koo
    But this is literally a chick/sensitive ass ? album missing all the hit highlights that made take care great

An krit is lyrical df how dare u insult Mississippi
    Kendrick is kinda overratted sometimes especially that control verse J.Cole is better to me
    Fck Talib
    An future and classic shouldn't be in the same sentence

Also if u gotta try this hard to defend him then it's clear Drake ain't doing his part
  • Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overall rating is that it's solid, nothing really stands out but we got what we expected from Drake. I have no issues with the singing. I'd give this album a 7.8/10 definitely not a bad album IMO something the average Drake or female fan will enjoy. Take Care meets IYRTITL. I feel like Drake is gonna have a period like Lil Wayne, where he crushes the sales but after a while his fame wanes and he's stuck in a creative block much like his mentor. This album was over-hyped, nonetheless it won't surprise me if it becomes his best selling album. Drake trying to be the best popstar /entertainer of all time not the best rapper, it's clearly evident. Time will tell where he ranks in a decade....

I'm not a ? Drake fan so I'm not sure how to properly rate it. Might need several more listens.

A solid album has stand out tracks ? .
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm gonna face facts that Drake has that talent, but was never really built to be a great like we all want to believe he can. The climate of the game today is way too forgiving and willing to accept recycled ? .

It's cool to have your own opinion and I respect it but the bolded iuno if we watching the same movie fam:

- Killed Meek Mill in the battle (I know on the IC Meek "won" the battle *yawns* but offline that didn't happen)

- he gave yall 2 albums of mostly rapping and reverted to his Take Care format for this one (if it aint broke dont fix it)

I think Drake's mistake was surpassing people's expectations when he came out. Man if I could up the threads from 2009/2010 ? used to be Drake fans and when he went multiplatinum and made it that's when ppl started turning on him as they did 50 Cent, as they did Kanye West, Jay-Z and others. Entertainment is interesting, it's true, it builds people up to break them down just for the sake of entertainment.

Stuff like this is my beef with Drizzy fans. We're on a hip hop forum and ? are talkin' like popularity is >> quality. Nowhere in this list is there anything about how dope he or any of his projects is.

Like I keep sayin' ? love what they love no problem but this 'no.1 in rap' ? come man just enjoy it. He won the Meek beef but it was a very, very wack battle with very weak disses but again it was popular so we must forget about the wackness

Because music is subjective and ? came in here hating. ? am I going to convince over music for when you already made ya minds that it's wack before listening and giving it time to soak in ? Yall already have a negative view in your minds. I think NWTS was dope af but 10 more would say nah, if I said Drake can get busy on a mic guaran-? -tee ? would go to war with words that "he didn't write it !!! IDGAF if the credits say he did you can't be great if you had someone write a song for you Na Na !!!!" Same reason why 50 Cent toted sales because ? refused to give him any credit at all as a good rapper and amazing writer too. But hey like I said - music is subjective. I think Future is putting out some of the best music in the last 5 years but I'm sure most would disagree with me.

I agree ? go overboard with the hate, especially before the ? came out, but then fam you're the other extreme. This ? is at least 80% singin' and you're sayin' he's the undisputed no.1 rapper? Come on man
  • Logic Last
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Every time a Drake album drop, ? complain about the singing.

C'mon now, I've been posting since just after SFG dropped. What do you ? really expect from a Drake album?

It's been years now. You knew what it was gonna be.

Stop it.

? never fails b lol

Mfs be in every thread sayin Drake's trash , but be staying up till midnight to download his album the sec it drops. Mfs had that ? downloaded before ? ass @vybz (Ovocapo).

Where's the Started From The Bottom type ? ? Or was that Quintin Miller?
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is his worst album. I was looking forward to this after NWTS, his best album imo.
  • Logic Last
    Options
    It's obvious Meek Mill got Drake scared of getting and using the musical help he needs.
    Drake tried to do more himself and it shows.
    The album credits have yet to come out . . .

Also, I believe Drake is hiding behind his R&B crooning. It's almost like he wanted to quit rap but had to put some rap on there out of obligation.

This project reminds me of the Chappelle Show.
    If Dave Chappelle would have signed that new contract I believe the show would have been lackluster like Views because of renewed pressures not to get help.

However, I almost applaud Drake. He would rather be mediocre and do it himself than be great with ghostwriters.

Conversely, it's entirely possible that he just wants less hands in his pockets and cutting people out may be mean more money for him.

I'm not mad at staying true to your trademark sound with 40 but I would have put some bangers on there, a la Dr. Dre or whoever.

I see why he took off the 6 and just named it Views. When you represent a geographic area you have to COME WITH IT. No ? . Toronto should be embarrassed.

I'm from LA, if a nikka say he puttin the 310 on his back he better come with it, not no ? Nyquil.

My real issue, and THE REAL ISSUE is WHY RELEASE IT RIGHT BEFORE SUMMER??? This is clearly a winter album.

Explain . . .
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Tried to play this album on the way to the park to feed some ducks with my girl sitting passenger. She got aggravated, told me to "Turn this boring ? off, your music ? sucks."

First and last time I'll play this album.

True story.

She gonna get ? by a light skin ? with the whole album playing in the background tomorrow. Watch she gonna start singing controlla

Foh akademics
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    ElxChapo wrote: »
    No me gusto este album. Este disco son para los vatos sin huevos.

@KillaCham can you translate for me?
    No idea. I don't speak Broke ? .

Is this why you and the biggest ? in this site (a.k.a. @Bcotton5 ) claim to like nicki's "music" tho? you can understand what she's actually saying?
  • Logic Last
    Options

Listen to it and draw your own conclusions. This is the IC where no one on here is going to openly admit to listening to Drake but be all in his threads at the same time and magically know just what he has to do. Before the album even came out ? were saying it was "wack" so take each opinion with a grain of salt.

If you follow the opinion on here Big KRIT is lyrically Talib Kweli and top 3, NaS is the #1 rapper in Hip-Hop today and all time never to be questioned, Kendrick Lamar is "overrated" and Future has classics.

Objectively, the album goes and its dope. Prolly give it a 7.5/10 the production and songwriting are its strongest points. Lyrically he's introspective as always but it's the IC and if Drake's bars are nice he must not have "written" them....

Don't drag in other artists like Nas and Kendrick as a way to deflect from the mediocrity called Views. That's the same corny ? Charlemagne did to Birdman.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Sion
    Bro I'm a Drake fan but this ? is ass to me this wasn't the Drake i wanted to hear. Drake knew what the people expected or wanted from him and he went left field like a ? . ? could of silenced the Ghostwriting critics and dropped 3peat on here to end the Meek fued and make the album sell even more along with making this straight rap or more rap less singin but no he wanna play it safe maaann fck the sells he lost respect for this B.S
    An that Grammy beat was trash
    Child's play trash to
    Weston Flows was koo
    But this is literally a chick/sensitive ass ? album missing all the hit highlights that made take care great

An krit is lyrical df how dare u insult Mississippi
    Kendrick is kinda overratted sometimes especially that control verse J.Cole is better to me
    Fck Talib
    An future and classic shouldn't be in the same sentence

Also if u gotta try this hard to defend him then it's clear Drake ain't doing his part

Like what you like man :+1:

Drake made an album for the people buying his albums - Toronto & women. He's about his paper and dont give af about naysayers. If you don't pay for it you have no right to make demands of what you want.

KRIT's lyricism is mediocre, his production makes him more grand than he is. Kendrick is not overrated he came from nothing and made 2 classics & is about our plight for real. ? hate the ? who have it & praise the underdogs b/c they live vicariously through them.

A Canadian cant have a opinion on a country ?
    Krit raps about the same thing but Kendrick is from LA so he appeals more

Tell me these aint lyrics tho
    https://youtu.be/eFSmp3F_LvE
  • Logic Last
    Options

Because music is subjective and ? came in here hating. ? am I going to convince over music for when you already made ya minds that it's wack before listening and giving it time to soak in ? Yall already have a negative view in your minds. I think NWTS was dope af but 10 more would say nah, if I said Drake can get busy on a mic guaran-? -tee ? would go to war with words that "he didn't write it !!! IDGAF if the credits say he did you can't be great if you had someone write a song for you Na Na !!!!" Same reason why 50 Cent toted sales because ? refused to give him any credit at all as a good rapper and amazing writer too. But hey like I said - music is subjective. I think Future is putting out some of the best music in the last 5 years but I'm sure most would disagree with me.

I agree ? go overboard with the hate, especially before the ? came out, but then fam you're the other extreme. This ? is at least 80% singin' and you're sayin' he's the undisputed no.1 rapper? Come on man

I don't mind the singing I just skip to the ? I like. As for #1 rapper the numbers don't lie. It's a Drake/Kendrick/Cole world and Drake is at the top. Let's not act like he's not. He can rap his ass off & he sells the most. But we might defer here - this is the part where someone chimes in that he's not a "rapper b/c he sings and has writers". Why cant it just be about the music right ? Then ? wonder why rap is like the WWE....

Drake Stans wanna brag about Drake being the top rapper but when we raise or expectations to match that #1 rapper spot they call us Haters.

You can't have it both ways.