The Official Drake ‘VIEWS’ Album Thread

Options

Comments

• Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I'm not a Drake fan, but if 70% of the songs was hard and had feeling like "Weston Road Flow" and he actually rapped, I wouldn't have nothing negative to say. I can take singing on a FEW songs.

You can't call Drake #1 when Kedrick's throwaway tracks ("Untitled Unmastered") sounds better than "Views." If J.Cole was to drop a throwaway project from FHD, it would be better than "Views" too.

Objectively he's put ahead of those 2 because he outsells them & is more commercially favoured on top of making dope records. They're different artists than Drake because they're "conscious" rappers. Drake is more versatile in his creative choices in hit records. They can do it too but they're just not as viable commercially b/c of how they're perceived.

Record sales are always a good and bad point in an argument. If Justin Bieber, R. Kelly and Anthony Hamilton were to drop an album on the same day, JB would outsell them. But we all know the R.Kelly and Anthony Hamilton records would be 100x better.

Minus the "making dope records" part, you made some good points about the commercial aspect when it comes to Drake. I'm glad Kendrick and J.Cole make their style of music and not bubblegum pop records.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I ? with Views...only skip 4 tracks out of 20. ? in here baffled because we like the album LMFAO
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best new ish I've heard this year - Beyoncé > Kanye > Drake

Lemonade album of the year right now
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best new ish I've heard this year - Beyoncé's songwriters > Kanye > Drake

Fixed take away her songwriters and she be average like drakes songwriting in views
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Fixed take away her songwriters and she be average like drakes songwriting in views

Both have access to same people. Bey performance of writtens > drakes performance of his writtens
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FOH. You can catch the general vibe of an album the first time you hear it and know if you ? wit it or not. Drake is not as intricate or nuanced as more polished emcees. You not going to be able to fully appreciate T&Y the first listen but you'll know if you like it or not. That's not to say Drake doesn't put energy into his albums. But basically, it's going to take a little longer for your body to digest steak than popcorn.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why ? talkin bout they just fast foward the singing parts/songs lmfao I know this is a hip hop forum but my ? yall dont listen to R&B? Also even if you skip the singing ? he is conveying the same simpimg messages in his rhymes.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    ElxChapo wrote: »
    No me gusto este album. Este disco son para los vatos sin huevos.

@KillaCham can you translate for me?
    No idea. I don't speak Broke ? .

Is this why you and the biggest ? in this site (a.k.a. @Bcotton5 ) claim to like nicki's "music" tho? you can understand what she's actually saying?
    @Bcotton5 can you determine what this ? is saying? Google translate is pulling up nothing!
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    honestly drake is not a great singer in my eyes he can hold a basic note and create a tune. but when it comes to real singing he's terrible especially since i was raised on real rnb, its cool for a few records but not 80% of the album.

So now the argument is he cant sing that good. So ? wanna hear a ? with a smooth silky voice lmfao smh yall negros is hilarious.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man Hype, Still Here, Grammys.....that's it for me, this ? a letdown
    gemini86 wrote: »
    Views is better than it to me. I paid for TPAB. I'm not a hater.

? , please die

K-dot makes conscious fusion jazz rap and this what happens, you ? ass ? deserve your generic pop music
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Lol she's a singer bruh not a rapper. The objective of a diner is to sound good. The objective of a rapper is to write good
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    honestly drake is not a great singer in my eyes he can hold a basic note and create a tune. but when it comes to real singing he's terrible especially since i was raised on real rnb, its cool for a few records but not 80% of the album.

So now the argument is he cant sing that good. So ? wanna hear a ? with a smooth silky voice lmfao smh yall negros is hilarious.

Ain't the point of listening to a singer is to listen to their voice? What singer u like do u think sounds terrible? Ur not making sense bruh. But drake ain't a singer he's a rapper. ? expected atleast half of this album to actually be rap. The WHOLE album is struggle singing about the same topic. The hooks are repetitive and annoying. No evolution of this mans craft. Actually if this was drakes first album he probably wouldn't get a second album. If none of his material before this album was ever heard he would be a one hit wonder (hot line bling) cause nobody would ? with this. People only ? with this because it's drake. I'll say maybe 2 of u ? who like it really like it.

Sion how do u compare lupe and krit and make the argument about actual bars but when it comes to drake it's all about sales. U can't have it both ways bruh
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    man Hype, Still Here, Grammys.....that's it for me, this ? a letdown
    gemini86 wrote: »
    Views is better than it to me. I paid for TPAB. I'm not a hater.

? , please die

K-dot makes conscious fusion jazz rap and this what happens, you ? ass ? deserve your generic pop music

Die really? The message is cool. I'm 29 and grew up on "conscious rap." Pac and nas are 1 and 3 in my top 5. Y'all ? are too extreme when people don't like the rappers u like. Chill... That's some ? Stan ? .
  • irite
    irite Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
    Options
    Views from the 6/10
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

Sion how do u compare lupe and krit and make the argument about actual bars but when it comes to drake it's all about sales. U can't have it both ways bruh

And another thing, you're the one shifting from the music and making it about sales. I think Drake is a dope rapper, he can spit and has proven so in the past, yes he's had writers on tracks before but I highly doubt that's every track like YOU ? act. Yall ? don't like Drake so you take away from the content and make it about sales.

^^^ If you don't like dude to begin with or admit he has talent there's no point in continuing we're just wasting each other's time :+1:

Sounds like the name of a dope AF Drake track
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    irite wrote: »
    Why this fvckin guy pause between each line, ? is like

A girl did me wrong

But she dont know me

My enemies are close to me

Because thats where theye sposed to be

JUST GET TO THE POINT U MONOTONE WARBLING ? ? JESUS CHRIST

U for got the occasional ..Yeah ...in between
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Drake says he got text saying he sold like 630,000 records in one night
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

And another thing, you're the one shifting from the music and making it about sales. I think Drake is a dope rapper, he can spit and has proven so in the past, yes he's had writers on tracks before but I highly doubt that's every track like YOU ? act. Yall ? don't like Drake so you take away from the content and make it about sales.

^^^ If you don't like dude to begin with or admit he has talent there's no point in continuing we're just wasting each other's time :+1:

That's just it. I like drake for what he is. But this new album is sub par drake ? . It feels like a throwaway album. And I never brought sales up. U did. Ur whole argument was he's the best in rap because of all his album sales. U brought that up bruh not me
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why ? talkin bout they just fast foward the singing parts/songs lmfao I know this is a hip hop forum but my ? yall dont listen to R&B? Also even if you skip the singing ? he is conveying the same simpimg messages in his rhymes.

This album is not r&b
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? said rashad, logic, and drake is a better rapper than krit. Stop b.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Views isn't bad. And it isn't great. It's an album that won't alienate his die hard fans or convert his skeptics either.