First Photo Of Scarlett Johansson In DreamWorks' 'Ghost In The Shell'

Options
13»

Comments

• suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another movie I won't be seeing on principle. This is a pretty big movie to take and white wash. If it were a lesser known movie that Spielberg thought he could improve, I'd feel better about it. This seems exploitative.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    I will be boycotting this ? travesty and if any of you are true fans of this franchise i suggest you do the same
    that way Hollywood will get the message and not whitewash akira.

did you boycott the thor movie when they casted idris elba to play someone that was white in the comics?

not aiming this at you but we can be so hypocritical sometimes, it actually makes me laugh, in one thread we will cuss the ? outta white people when they get up in arms about a black man playing a made up ? out a marvel comic, but then complain when a white women plays a made up asian woman from a anime.

me? i dont give a ? , if the movie is good its good, ? changes all the time, get over it

"Martin luther king"(Staring Donald trump)

You going to see this movie bruh?

• Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Based off of her previous works in Lucy and Her, no one should be watching this movie. A female literally given her parts because she ''looks good.''

Her and Jennifer Lawrence continue to get roles for their emotionless, dry and matter-of-fact performances it astounds me.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why u ? ? ?
    Let the Japanese muhfuckas ? . This aint got ? to do with negros. Always taking up someone elses cause.
    The ? draw their characters to look like cacs, so ? em.
    Then yall suggesting chinese actors acting like u dont know japanese and chinese dont ? with each other like that and dont see each other as the same people so really a white verses a chinese playing a ? role makes no difference to them.

Yall ? and let these ? ?

This just like how yall ? got up in arms from Donald Trump ? on wetbacks and arab muslims.

Mind your ? business and let these people handle their own.

The ? got sony what does the black diaspora/african americans has?
    Aiight then
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    Based off of her previous works in Lucy and Her, no one should be watching this movie. A female literally given her parts because she ''looks good.''

Her and Jennifer Lawrence continue to get roles for their emotionless, dry and matter-of-fact performances it astounds me.
    Paprika wrote: »

I think ScarJo got her roles because of her performance as Black Widow, which she plays correctly for the most part. To be fair Makoto, should play similarly to Black Widow.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    We up in arms about this ? , and the Japanese people don't even care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc

They like the fact that white people get cast. SMH @ those chicks admitting they are fascinated by white people.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What was wrong with Scarlett in "HER"?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked that other movie when sj was in japan cant remember the name of it im ?
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I liked that other movie when sj was in japan cant remember the name of it im ?
    @Bcotton5 Lost in Translation
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They like the fact that white people get cast. SMH @ those chicks admitting they are fascinated by white people.

I spent 5 years in Japan and a lot of Japanese people are intrigued with foreigners in general. They go hard when they are interested in something. I've seen surfer chicks with super deep tans and blonde hair, Japanese chicks who can dance to salsa music and speak Spanish fluent, and ? B-Girls who know a ? ton about African American history.

It was really interesting living out there and a lot of fun
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol yall aint watching cause shes white but im not watching cause its life action. 2D>>>>>
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I spent 5 years in Japan and a lot of Japanese people are intrigued with foreigners in general. They go hard when they are interested in something. I've seen surfer chicks with super deep tans and blonde hair, Japanese chicks who can dance to salsa music and speak Spanish fluent, and ? B-Girls who know a ? ton about African American history.

Yeah that's true. It's a really ethnically homogeneous society, so I guess it's to be expected that they'd be curious about people and cultures from the outside.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah that's true. It's a really ethnically homogeneous society, so I guess it's to be expected that they'd be curious about people and cultures from the outside.

but they aint drawing black characters as heroes are they? only whites stop taking up for them they hate themselves
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ass kicking of ww2 really affected the Japanese psychology.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

but they aint drawing black characters as heroes are they? only whites stop taking up for them they hate themselves

Who's taking up for them? I'm just pointing out that they don't see many people unlike themselves there so it make sense that they take great interest in foreign things. Japan has major Hip Hop and Reggae followings. Last I checked those are black artforms, so it's not like they only obsess over white things.

Also, it's not like there are no Black protagonists or heroes in anime. Afro Samurai is an anime that revolves around a black protagonist. Naruto has a whole village full of black people who were portrayed as powerful and heroic. Soul Eater had a black guy as one of the secondary heroes. I'm sure there are others. Also, keep in mind the black characters are actually black characters. The "white" characters are usually just Japanese characters with white characteristics.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well they did just cast that zendaya chick to play battle angel alita. Of course nobody talking about it in here tho. You ? want it one way.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Well they did just cast that zendaya chick to play battle angel alita. Of course nobody talking about it in here tho. You ? want it one way.

Or it could be that none of us knows or gives a ? about that anime and therefore it didn't come up for discussion.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who's taking up for them? I'm just pointing out that they don't see many people unlike themselves there so it make sense that they take great interest in foreign things. Japan has major Hip Hop and Reggae followings. Last I checked those are black artforms, so it's not like they only obsess over white things.

Also, it's not like there are no Black protagonists or heroes in anime. Afro Samurai is an anime that revolves around a black protagonist. Naruto has a whole village full of black people who were portrayed as powerful and heroic. Soul Eater had a black guy as one of the secondary heroes. I'm sure there are others. Also, keep in mind the black characters are actually black characters. The "white" characters are usually just Japanese characters with white characteristics.

Excellent points
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't really care...I just like seeing Scarlett...far as I'm concerned, she could play Angela Davis...

Ok, maybe not that far...but pretty damn close.