The Official Drake ‘VIEWS’ Album Thread

Options

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sion should just ban this ? the next time he starts randomly talking about tidal
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sion should just ban this ? the next time he starts randomly talking about tidal

How sion gon band me for making a Sion Captain obvious post tho? The post is longer but carbon copy post of every sion comment stating the obvious. "I told yall ? drakes album was going to be part singing and part rapping". "I told yall ? drake was going to sell a ? ton of albums first week with views". Lololololol.
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    As troy average as Drakes album is the combination of Apple Music release and his brand totally just bodied Beyonce and Tidal. Now make no mistake Beyonce is selling out ? ballparks and stadiums every few nights like it ain't no thing. But drake just bodied Bey's marketing campaign.

Beyonce drops a surprise album + hbo special + tidal exclusive drop + rumored lyrics about jay cheating and you think that will be the talk of the month.

Drake drops views the next week + has a single interview on beats 1 + limits you from buying singles from Views so you have to buy the whole album if you want a digital copy + puts tickets on sale for his arena tour.

The result is the album sales for drake are going to look like double what bey did and his album will have more summer smash singles. So Beyonce has 3 times the amount of people at her show but drake is about do at least 2 times the sales his first week than bey did. Beyhive power and all was no match for Drakes Special Ops Stan Team 6 when it came to buying the product.

Long story short this shows the flaw that is Tidal's limited user base. Hip hop is built on first week power. Fair or nah Drake topped Beyonce because apple music had a larger streaming base and a larger online music store population in I-Tunes. Even bey who is tidal over everything decided to drop her album on I-Tunes after a few days on tidal only. Likewise drake had i tunes pre-orders that will inflate his first week as well. That meant as soon as views dropped thousands of accounts automatically downloaded the album and Credit Cards (and scammers) were charged for the purchase. Oh and ? ain't even put physical copies in the store yet.

Did this foo just drop a random novel about Tidal just outta nowhere??? Bruh you sounding all kinds of corny at this point I mean damn we get it the richest and most valuable company in the world selling the most smartphones in the world has more subs than a company that's just got started..... What is the point you tryna prove that if you are a more popular and rich company then that means the ppl apart of that company are gonna have more success??? No ? Sherlock why not also school us on these funny gadgets that ppl sit in front of with the moving pictures and sound coming out of them smh

? you want sympathy for tidal because the poor little company just started. All winter you was like "wait till this beyonce exclusive drop" every other post. ? dropped and then Drake out did it with an average album lol. At the end of the day Tidal is too little too late to compete with giant's like apple music and spotify.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As troy average as Drakes album is the combination of Apple Music release and his brand totally just bodied Beyonce and Tidal. Now make no mistake Beyonce is selling out ? ballparks and stadiums every few nights like it ain't no thing. But drake just bodied Bey's marketing campaign.

Beyonce drops a surprise album + hbo special + tidal exclusive drop + rumored lyrics about jay cheating and you think that will be the talk of the month.

Drake drops views the next week + has a single interview on beats 1 + limits you from buying singles from Views so you have to buy the whole album if you want a digital copy + puts tickets on sale for his arena tour.

The result is the album sales for drake are going to look like double what bey did and his album will have more summer smash singles. So Beyonce has 3 times the amount of people at her show but drake is about do at least 2 times the sales his first week than bey did. Beyhive power and all was no match for Drakes Special Ops Stan Team 6 when it came to buying the product.

Long story short this shows the flaw that is Tidal's limited user base. Hip hop is built on first week power. Fair or nah Drake topped Beyonce because apple music had a larger streaming base and a larger online music store population in I-Tunes. Even bey who is tidal over everything decided to drop her album on I-Tunes after a few days on tidal only. Likewise drake had i tunes pre-orders that will inflate his first week as well. That meant as soon as views dropped thousands of accounts automatically downloaded the album and Credit Cards (and scammers) were charged for the purchase. Oh and ? ain't even put physical copies in the store yet.

Let's shut this down real quick hotline bling came out months ago and the spins from that counted towards his albums sales beyonce dropped everything out the sky no build up
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But still tho that's good for drake..how is he cheating with sales tho? Even if it's streamed or whatever.mfs still payed cash for it..if it's that easy to go platinum then why all these other " popular " rappers struggling to go.platinum ??? This man fina ? that in a week..mfs can't even do it in a year fr fr
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    But still tho that's good for drake..how is he cheating with sales tho? Even if it's streamed or whatever.mfs still payed cash for it..if it's that easy to go platinum then why all these other " popular " rappers struggling to go.platinum ??? This man fina ? that in a week..mfs can't even do it in a year fr fr

I don't think it's payed for streams it's just streams in general from credited sites that is inflating numbers that song alone almost has a billi in streams
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    gns wrote: »
    gee757 wrote: »
    I c this is a good yr 4 r&b singers Kirby & b diid krazy numbers.....smh@ hip hop anticipating this Canadian off brand jaFAKING views hip pop ghost written bs

Not to quote this ? but speaking of jafakin i was listening to some old Drake, Dead Presidents freestyle to be exact and he was going at kardinal offishal :
    So take me as I am have nada of me the red stripe on my jacket show you that Prada love me
    I'm a threat in a city of no legends imagine that a whole Sixteen with no bredrens
    No ? gunshots identity this you a rapper homie leave that for Trinity Chris word

He was getting at kardinall for the patois he throws in his raps im guessing cause kardinall has Jamaican background i believe even though he reps Canada.
    Now years later this ? the most popular Jamaican that aint Jamaican. Everything this ? sez is old ass slang we used to use.

That ? is funny as hell. He still got enough cracka in him to hate on a ? then take his ? and profit from it.

Na kardinal fronted on Drake. Drake wanted kardinal on the city is mine song. Instead kardinal said fck that and did his own thing in the beat then released it so I guess u can say Drake is just frontin on him now

Dope background info. I always liked that freestyle but I had no idea he was gettin' at Kardinal Offishal.

Kardinal was tryin to block drake from blowin up
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Options

I don't think it's payed for streams it's just streams in general from credited sites that is inflating numbers that song alone almost has a billi in streams

Wait what? A song almost got a billie views??? Oh hotline lol
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah real talk tho....Budden spit that truth.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

I ain't gon lie I've considered it LOLOLOL

So you gon ban me for telling the obvious truth? Lol might as well ban yourself too then.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Sion Just drop the Ax on this ? anytime
    She mentions tidal. This includes any implied posts as well. ? it one day bans
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited May 2016
    Options

lol you so caught up in hating on me now you def caught feelings from a previous thread or some ? . stop snitching on the mods.

"Sion sion please ban this ? for telling the truth hes mean!"
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anybody got a link
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    ? downloaded the clean version on itunes smh

• esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I'm weak off this ? !!!!! BWahaahahahah

"Most days I would rather stab myself in the nuts witta butterknife than actually listen to sons music on purpose…never mind 20 got damn tracks of it… but Okayplayer done threw the bag of money at me again sooooo… here I am. 20 tracks tho?"
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nahh im good with my spotify lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Nahh im good with my spotify lol

Fair enough haha
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Republic Records reports that "VIEWS" is already platinum. It's only been available through iTunes and Apple Music. It will see a physical release tomorrow (May 6), and will move to all streaming platforms on May 13.
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Options
    Republic Records reports that "VIEWS" is already platinum. It's only been available through iTunes and Apple Music. It will see a physical release tomorrow (May 6), and will move to all streaming platforms on May 13.

So with the physical copies it's possible he could sell another milli next week too?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    Everyone on this site considers the following album as a hip hop classic........

2e0371a05c1f60c70720dcd45345f1b38c3f6a93.jpg

There isn't much difference between what L Boogie did back then and what Drake is doing now. Matter of fact, Drake raps way more than Lauren did.

I swear I hate stupid ? .

Speak on it homie.

Did Lauren's only album consist of her rapping in some songs, while singing in others?........Does Drake's new album consist of him rapping in some songs, while singing in others?

The answer to both of those questions is yes. There is nothing "stupid" about me forcing you ? to explain your positions?

I'll explain my take and my opinion.

For starters I don't care about the quantity or the musical output. Whether it's 1 song or 1,000 albums if that ? touches me for a lifetime pause, then that ? is the only thing that matters to me when it comes to music. Drake ? don't do that for me.

The only songs lauryn was known for singing were killing em softly, the song on sister act 2 and if I ruled the world. From what I remember she was praised for her singing. Drake wasn't/isn't praised for singing. Lauryn was praised for her great rapping ability on the score. People were already considering her a great artist after one group album. After 2 mixtapes from Drake people said he had great potential.

To me lauryn is an overall better artist then Drake because whether it's rapping or singing she does both outstandingly.
    Drake not so much imo.

To sum this ? up. People didnt mind Lauryn singing because she was ? great at it.

People don't like Drake singing because he can't ? sing.

Fair enough.

Why you even care to respond to that ? everyone something drake pops up he's gurgling a baby can understand the difference between drake singing and lboogie he chose to be that ignorant that's not even having a different opinion that just being a ? head
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So Drake really did a milli in a week damn Drake fans bout to be cocky af on the I.C more so than when Drake got at meek
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

lol you so caught up in hating on me now you def caught feelings from a previous thread or some ? . stop snitching on the mods.

"Sion sion please ban this ? for telling the truth hes mean!"

Didn't read