The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda funny if OKC won, the talk woulda been "GSW lack size, and so and so is overrated".

Golden state does lack size, and is overrated. Them championship heat teams where wade was healthy woulda put em in the trash fam.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda funny if OKC won, the talk woulda been "GSW lack size, and so and so is overrated".

Sooo damn true...and how the thunder was to much for GS and how they got lucky cuz the thunder was injured last year..

Follow by every meme about s.curry you could imagine
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    If OKC could find a way to somehow afford Mike Conley and move Russ to the 2 that would be a real good look imo.

They'd have to trade kanter and let morrow walk to sign conley.Thunder could of beat the warriors the 3 point differential destroyed them the last 2 games warriors caught fire can't do nothin about that.Durant should sign a 2 year deal with an opt out like lebron and give it another run

They should develop payne more so he can play pg wit russ at the 2 next season

Thats what I was about to say, yeah OKC did some things wrong, shouldve closed out the series and ultimately ended up imploding but they also did a lot of good things that probably no other team could have done against Golden State.

We can critique, breakdown each game ect but at the end of the day you really just have to tip your hat to Golden State and recognize that they're a very very special team who have two players who can make incredibly tough shots from 3, not much you can do about that

You makin too much sense, Fam
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Only if okc had a prime chauncey billups type running point
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm calling it, Steph Curry is going for the legacy shot and he's taking this series I'm more than convinced this is the perfect situation he will thrive in... I work nights so I haven't seen all play by play but this is what Steph lives for... History... To be doubted and counted out is the perfect situation imo for the W's.. It will no doubt be the toughest match that Curry has had in his career and I see him silencing the doubters for his biggest hurdle in his career..

The public are pounding the Thunder, but not so fast my friend... The Thunder are notorious for giving up the lead at the end of games assuming victory to eventually blowing late 4th qtr leads just behind Philly.. Also the disrespect towards Curry from Russ & Rant may be the icing on the cake for me... Curry is the last ? I'd laugh at, now Steph will expose Russ' defense or lack thereof...

I see it going like the reg season finale maybe not the GW shot, a nail biter no doubt, but Curry will respond and OKC will get frenetic and ? up with turnovers... GS might not be able to fully slow down Russ & Rant, but they will lock down the supporting cast which will play into the Warriors favor while they shoot it decently enough to stay ahead and hold on for dear life... All the KD free agency talk will show face and this will be the reason KD bolts possibly in the offseason... Golden State responds in these situations I've been confident all series that it's not over... It's going, going, back, back, to Cali, Cali!

Shots to my real ? who know hoops... I gave y'all the chOKC paragraph pamphlet prior to game 6 and ? didn't wanna take heed.. Y'all CS ? really don't know ? lmao
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Thunder need to get a better 2-guard in the lineup that's capable of hitting open 3's and spacing the floor cause that Andre Roberson ? just ain't gonna cut it
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Thunder need to get a better 2-guard in the lineup that's capable of hitting open 3's and spacing the floor cause that Andre Roberson ? just ain't gonna cut it

Like others have said, Westbrook would be better at the 2. They need a consistent pg to facilitate.
  • ghost!
    Options

Like others have said, Westbrook would be better at the 2. They need a consistent pg to facilitate.

i dont get this...he now averages a triple double...your not bring up this when they are winning, or was up 3-1. the offense for the past few seasons seem to flow find..seems it only becomes a problem when they do not reach the finals?

that more spells KD then Russell facilitating the ball to others? What you want Ibaka, kanta or waiters taken shots? KD needs to go get the ball, and like tommy said...the Thunder need to run him off screens.

Yes russell aint a true point and can cause a lot of turn overs...but KD need to go get the ball..like i said before. jordan, shaq, or even kobe..wouldn't let that ish happened.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    James Jones can take any team to the playoffs. He changes the franchise
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

i dont get this...he now averages a triple double...your not bring up this when they are winning, or was up 3-1. the offense for the past few seasons seem to flow find..seems it only becomes a problem when they do not reach the finals?

that more spells KD then Russell facilitating the ball to others? What you want Ibaka, kanta or waiters taken shots? KD needs to go get the ball, and like tommy said...the Thunder need to run him off screens.

Yes russell aint a true point and can cause a lot of turn overs...but KD need to go get the ball..like i said before. jordan, shaq, or even kobe..wouldn't let that ish happened.

I think Westbrook is a scorer first. Yeah, he can pass the ball too, which is why he has so many double and triple doubles. But there are times when games are close and he seems to panic. Durant plays soft too, aint no way around that. But i think Westbrook is thriving off his speed and athleticism. But you can tell his personality can affect his game negatively and others as well. I think with a true pg that can score as well, he still would have good stats. But when the game is on the line, he or KD could just focua on getting open and hitting their shot when their play called.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russ is not a true PG but it's a lot of players that's at the one that's not a true PG.

Westbrook
    Curry
    Irving
    Lillard
    Jackson
    IT
    Rose

Everybody can't be
    CP3
    Wall
    Rondo
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Russ is not a true PG but it's a lot of players that's at the one that's not a true PG.

Westbrook
    Curry
    Irving
    Lillard
    Jackson
    IT
    Rose

Everybody can't be
    CP3
    Wall
    Rondo
    At the end of the day its about championships. Safe to say.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dominate a 67 win Spurs squad and push the best team ever to 7 games...and the solution is to make a star player change positions ? huh?? Klay made history is why OKC is home now...simple
    Shizlansky wrote: »

that "true" PG is always a funny debate. they sure don't get you titles . scoring point guards get you to the promised land. name the champion PGs that were leading teams to rings.

Chauncey
    Steph
    Tony Parker
    Isaiah

^^^ all scoring guards like Russ. he is fine where he at just has to improve decision making.

• ghost!
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

I think Westbrook is a scorer first. Yeah, he can pass the ball too, which is why he has so many double and triple doubles. But there are times when games are close and he seems to panic. Durant plays soft too, aint no way around that. But i think Westbrook is thriving off his speed and athleticism. But you can tell his personality can affect his game negatively and others as well. I think with a true pg that can score as well, he still would have good stats. But when the game is on the line, he or KD could just focua on getting open and hitting their shot when their play called.

i agree with everything you're saying....this part here. can Alpha Russ be ok with having to wait for the ball?...and KDs biggest problem is not going to get the ball in any way...
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @ SAS stealing my post about Conley. lol
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron damn near willed the Cavs to the title last year, this time he got his help

Cavs in 6

? has forgotten this.
    The biggest factor x is .... JR SMITH and CHANNING FRYE. If they keep up lighting the 3 pts line up that consistent it will be a wrap.

Cavs in 5
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lmao nah homie he said it first...YOU stole it lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i say try making russ a 2 and bringing in a veteran, good shooting pg. as others have said he does panic and go wild more when times seem to get rough and he needs to make decisions. people sayin kd didnt go get the ball, hard to take it sometimes when ur pg is busy attempting a wild wrong footed layup
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

lmao nah homie he said it first...YOU stole it lol

I don't even watch ESPN talk shows only live games. I just saw what he said only bcuz it was on the first page of their website. I put that on everybody I love.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FB_IMG_1464719745430_zpsczlkyeeq.jpg

This woulda been funny 15 years ago when ppl cared about the simpsons
This discussion has been closed.