Katt Williams says ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery. Right or wrong?

Options
Muhannad
Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
I saw this earlier today and wanted to share it with ya'll. I wanna get perspective.

Katt Williams spoke on issues in the black community. At 4:02 he says "our ancestors were soft as ? fillings". Basically he said if you choose servitude over death you deserve whatever happens to you. He compared his ancestors' 'cowardice' to the old Greeks and Spartans. Katt referenced that movie "300". Unlike his ancestors, these Spartans atleast put up a fight.

Was slavery a choice and were African American blacks cowards for accepting slavery or was Katt going too far.

PS Was that a ? interviewing him? Whatever 'it' was, it gave me te chills. WTF was up with her eyebrows (pause)? That b*tch was hideous.

Katt Williams says ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery. Right or wrong? 48 votes

Katt was right. His ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery.
25%
whatevathehellTrillaaaaaaMax.CapitalBNothingButTheTruthMalcolm XtraPiffyHazeMuhannadD0wnLouis DevinearFosheezyUglySnowflake 12 votes
Katt was wrong. His ancestors weren't cowards for accepting slavery.
43%
mrrealoneS2Janeed123bigduece69hueymryounggunbless the childspit_fiyaillestni99ainneNCswagCabana_Da_Dontexasdaking88Ajackson17StillFaggyAF32DaysOfInfinitiTrillfateDR. JEKTHIRDSUPREMEsaracenwireA Talented One 21 votes
Other...
31%
2stepz_aheadWhoisDonG???silverfoxx(Nope)CashmoneyDuxTrillfateLord_Hades_08LUClENSplackavelliKingFreemanTymoney19warren98Bazz-BTheGOATzzombie 15 votes

Comments

• Muhannad
    Options
    Katt Williams Gives Solutions For Police Brutality And Society

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSGqwVQl_H0
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imma go wit yes..
    100s of years of years of ? slavery!!?

enslaved to the white man only to get liberated to benefit the white man..
    yeh..

thats some cowardice ? !!

didnt watch by the way..
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Other...
    Never take a comedian serious.

Even when they aint jokin, they half jokin
    didnt watch by the way..

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As if Katt Williams is a history scholar lol

that dusty basehead-ass ? prolly think the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other...
    Most of my ancestors were maroons so we did not stay enslaved very long but kat does kind of have a point unfortunately
  • CapitalB
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Most of my ancestors were maroons so we did not stay enslaved very long but kat does kind of have a point unfortunately

thats the part im talkin about..

nothin's wrong wit gettin knocked down.. ? happens.. playas ? up!
    BUT TO STAY DOWN!!?

IN FEAR!!?

how is that not cowardice??
  • Muhannad
    Options
    mayb scared like hell..

? ...time were alot different then.
    ? was mentally broken...odd was stacked.

can't call them cowards tho
    It might sound harsh, but why can't he? If you accept slavery over death, aren't you a coward by definition? Why were they "mentally broken"?

Other people fought against stronger oppressors. The Spartans fought the Greek. The Spanish fought against the Moors. Americans fought against the Brittish. Haitians fought against the French. Ethiopians fought Italy with spears and improvised weapons. I could go on, but you catch my drift.

How were Katt's ancestors not cowards?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other...
    mayb scared like hell..

i can understand the shock and awe part..
    but at what point do u get pasy that??!

i can even understand bein born into a situation..
    but to die in it?!

and of course ? aint go wanna touch this topic cause it would be admitting their own cowardice.. seein as ? is still slaves..

but being born into something.... you're programmed to think thats what life is unless you see different.

only a special few will rebel while alot is either waiting on someone else go take the first step or they don't wanna rock the boat
  • CapitalB
    Options
    mayb scared like hell..

but to die in it?!

and of course ? aint go wanna touch this topic cause it would be admitting their own cowardice.. seein as ? is still slaves..

but being born into something.... you're programmed to think thats what life is unless you see different.

only a special few will rebel while alot is either waiting on someone else go take the first step or they don't wanna rock the boat

so basically they cowards!!?

its one thing to be manipulated..
    conditioned.. but that can only take u so far.. keep u for so long..

but fear can keep a muthafucka forever..
    and aint nothin wrong wit bein fearful.. thats a human emotion.. id think somethin was chemically wrong wit u if u wasnt fearful..

but to allow it to control u!?

yeh.. thats yellow!
  • Muhannad
    Options
    mayb scared like hell..

but to die in it?!

Are you sure about that? Haitians were born into slavery. Maroons in countries like Jamaica, Surinam, Colombia, Brazil etc. were born into slavery. What made them fight against oppression while others didn't?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is saying we accepted slavery like there was never any fighting back. That is the part I have a problem with.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not wasting my time with this

I backed out soon as I read this...
  • Muhannad
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    He is saying we accepted slavery like there was never any fighting back. That is the part I have a problem with.
    Apart from Nat Turner and Denmark Vesey there weren't many rebellions in the US. None was succesfull. In some states black slaves outnumbered these whites 5 to 1 and still didn't fight. These white quakers and abolutionists went harder than these black slaves.

I think Katt was right about them...
  • CapitalB
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

im sure the ones not fighting backwere the ones breeding tho?? :flushed:
  • CapitalB
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I hate when people be like '? if I was alive back then, I wouldn't have been no slave! They woulda had to ? me!'. It's very easy to say that these days, having never experienced anything remotely close to slavery.

But if you were born a slave - having never known anything else...? you just would have been a slave. That's that.

nah my ? .
    theyd have had to ? me..
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I hate when people be like '? if I was alive back then, I wouldn't have been no slave! They woulda had to ? me!'. It's very easy to say that these days, having never experienced anything remotely close to slavery.

But if you were born a slave - having never known anything else...? you just would have been a slave. That's that.

Everybody not built the same. Being born into something doesn't a person will stay in that state. Some people just wasn't going to be a slave born into it or not.

Some slaves chose to rebel and were killed and some chose to run away and were killed.