Katt Williams says ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery. Right or wrong?

Options

Comments

• mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Katt was wrong. His ancestors weren't cowards for accepting slavery.
    Some were, but there was a lot of rebellion too. The cowards Kat talking about is the ones X called the "House ? "....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlDOnX_qE8Y

Far as the rebellion, they jumped off of ships and the sharks got em because they didn't want to see what the States had to offer, starved themselves because they didn't want to eat to have the strength to work so ? had to bang out the teeth to force slop down they throat, didn't take the slave names nor his language, got whipped and lashed until they passed out or death fell on em, and ? had all kinds of tricks up his leave to break the rebellion out of em by leaving them confused or what unaware to what was going on. All kinds of horror was there for the rebellious ones....
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Katt was right. His ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery.
    Stiff wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    So are people in prison currently serving life sentences cowards as well for not fighting to the death or killing themselves?

whatever they did to get a life sentence they had the courage to do when ? wont so much as steal a pen from they job in fear of bein reprimanded..

slavery was LEGAL..
    last i checked criminals aint followin laws in fear of punishment.. i.e. jail!

Makes no difference when the end result was the same...? . How is it cowardice to accept ? under one circumstance but not the other?

nah.. not the same..
    back in the day.. u get whipped.. foot cut off on some roots ? and who knows what other sick ? they did to get a ? to comply..

modern day.. prison..

thats the punishment..
    its put there to deter u from bucking the system.. from takin the risk...
    u scared to take risks u a coward..

live on ur knees and be done wit it.
    but don't come in here ? about it..
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all funny as ? for arguing this...

? act like millions of black's ain't die fighting back....

A man could have easily had a child before dying from fighting back...

Reason why so many black families have such a strong matriarchal presence... For generations they're used to the men either being in jail or dead.... ? been fighting back from the very beginning
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    ^not all of those were in The US

Not all, but you do understand that the US was established in 1776.....

& Several states had yet to be incorporated......

Spanish Florida/ New Spain is now Florida. ...

Orleans Provence is Louisiana.....

Indian Territory is now Oklahoma. .....

I know that....but the list include Jamaica Mexico and Barbados and others on there

I'm bored & some of these ? need schooling, so....

Out of 24 documented rebellions from the sixteenth century throughout the nineteenth.......

5 occurred outside of what we now understand as the United States.......

That means that more rebellions happened in the US or what we know as the US today......

Despite more Africans being transported to the Carribean & south america than the US.....

This really means nothing, as capitalists from across Europe seized every square mile of land in the Western Hemisphere as they could.....

The suggestion that US blacks are weak or cowardly is some ? created in West Indian folklore......

Now you acting stupid and in your feels

I really hope you don't think your list is exhaustive because the fact is there were way more rebellions you didn't include and the majority of slave rebellions were outside the US

I didn't say it was exhaustive......

Just the best documented.....

There is evidence of over 250 uprisings or revolts in north america ( U.S. ) and around 500 on the slave ships (off the coast of the U.S.).......

I'm not going to argue numbers because that would exclude key factors like geography and population......

The myth concerning the greater will to fight back in West Indians than African Americans...........

Is just that, a myth.....

You're the only one talking about your "myth" and numbers

Reeks of insecurity

There were more rebellions outside the US. That's a fact. it is what it is

Facts are typically supported by evidence....

& you have none.....

If I am the "only" one talking about numbers, why the ? you and the op keep talking about "facts" and where more rebellions took place?????

Like I said before, American plantations were far smaller than those in other parts of the Western Hemisphere and because in the United States, unlike the West Indes, whites outnumbered slaves......

In addition to the smaller geographic scale of the West Indes.....

So suggesting that more occurred outside of the U.S. is a faulty comparison.....

"Stupid, feels, insecure".....

? ...

I don't know what makes you so comfortable posting reckless ? at the ? .......

You best check your keyboard before you approach me with that ? .....

You're upset because you for some reason you feel threatened or insecure around West Indians . Have a good day boy
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all y'all ? hating on me...I'm just speaking facts.

Haitians regulated, y'all house negros were begging for acceptance from ? . ? ?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

You ? ? . Yeah, we were begging for acceptance. That's why so many of us ran away. That's why there were so many failed uprisings. That's why they had so many security precautions (militia, etc.).

FOH with this ? .
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options

You ? ? . Yeah, we were begging for acceptance. That's why so many of us ran away. That's why there were so many failed uprisings. That's why they had so many security precautions (militia, etc.).

FOH with this ? .

I coulda sworn you was a cracka
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't Haitians have to pay the French though.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right now we should fight back wit violence fk this marchin n protestin we been doin this for.2 many years and still nothing has change. When will we come to terms that the society will never accept us until we show them. ? peace. I always felt mlk approach was some ? ? .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other...

are the Zoes in Miami helping build up Haiti?

are is it f'em cuz y'all made it to the states?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Short answer is yes
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH @ the divisiveness like all black people still ain't got a revolution we need to be preparing for

history ain't looking to different from the future if we really being honest........? need to wise up asap and stop letting these mofos distract u from the real issues

? really debated for 8 pages over some crackhead logic and then got nerve to wonder why we can never get ? done SMH
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why didnt the jews, gypsies etc fight the NSDAP? Cause sometimes, were just powerless, overcome. Entire islands have been 'cleansed' of their population in indo by a guy named Coen, entire cultures destroyed and whiped out.

With that said, 95% if not more of the worlds population are cowards.

Were spoiled af
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

You Haitian ? is still paying the French for letting you live....? outta here.... Them ? extortin the ? outta yall...yall ? paying to live ? acceptance and they still taxing the ? outta y'all and still stealing what little resources y'all have left....
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options

? what you doing for Jamaica?
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    I agree....I'm Haitian, my ancestors cut heads off and burned houses

Y'all ? was singing "we shall overcome"... ? that ?

Yeah and Haiti is ? and you're over here enjoyingthe fruit of aa labor. ? you immigrants

And I was born here ? ?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH @ the divisiveness like all black people still ain't got a revolution we need to be preparing for

history ain't looking to different from the future if we really being honest........? need to wise up asap and stop letting these mofos distract u from the real issues

? really debated for 8 pages over some crackhead logic and then got nerve to wonder why we can never get ? done SMH

Yep. I immediately saw it as flawed "logic" its not true end of discussion. Its Katt Williams doing what he does. Some of these clowns agreed even though its provable that its not true. Agreed with a crackhead blatant lie. smh. So thats on them. Also I didnt fall for the attempts to be divisive off top. Like please get that nonsense out of here. So some are ahead of all that off the top.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And I was born here ? ?

Ok you ? ass hatian

• MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    History has been distorted and manipulated, so we dont really know how many rebillions happened...just like white people cover up the atrocities they've committed throughout history is the same way they have whitewashed our triumphs....dont be so quick to call your own people cowards when you dont and never will have all the facts.

Why would the slave master broadcast your victories..they feared inspiring anymore of our people to action....dont be fooled we are talking about people that experienced REAL freedom.....not like the ? we accept today...those that fought were eliminated or beat and threated into submission...even a black child will fight a kidnapper..so you ? really think our grown ass FREE ancestors were cowards...FOH...those generations to come later got mimd fvcked because they were breed into slavery....its not their fault they weren't awake yet...
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its true

In the Quran it says oppression is worse than slaughter.....

If u not willing to fight to death for your freedom it means your afraid and the only thing u should fear is ? ....of age enslaved Africans put the oppressor above ? and we are the result of that (a bunch of coward sucka ass ? that are afraid to fight and die for what we believe in).

Slaves (who outnumbered the oppressor) stood around and watched their fellow brother or sister get beat and whipped....just like ? today (who outnumber cops) who will stand around with camera phones recording officers beat and ? their fellow man.

Its not even worth arguing at this point but anyway a few points. First they didnt outnumber whites (speaking of America). Not overall Blacks never outnumbered whites in America. That was part of the point like someone said it was a well thouht out plan of wickedness using numbers as a large part of the strategy. Second they werent there because they liked it or accepted it. smh. They were prisoners. Prisoners dont stay in jail because they like it or are "cowards" or any of that but because they physically cant leave.
    However many did escape and fight in various ways despite it all. And ultimately achieved their goal. That actually attests to their fighting spirit. Dude's wrong and anyone who agrees is simply inaccurate. Thats a provable nontrue statement thats it on that.
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its true

If u not willing to fight to death for your freedom it means your afraid and the only thing u should fear is ? ....of age enslaved Africans put the oppressor above ? and we are the result of that (a bunch of coward sucka ass ? that are afraid to fight and die for what we believe in).

Slaves (who outnumbered the oppressor) stood around and watched their fellow brother or sister get beat and whipped....just like ? today (who outnumber cops) who will stand around with camera phones recording officers beat and ? their fellow man.

Its not even worth arguing at this point but anyway a few points. First they didnt outnumber whites (speaking of America). Not overall Blacks never outnumbered whites in America. That was part of the point like someone said it was a well thouht out plan of wickedness using numbers as a large part of the strategy. Second they werent there because they liked it or accepted it. smh. They were prisoners. Prisoners dont stay in jail because they like it or are "cowards" or any of that but because they physically cant leave.
    However many did escape and fight in various ways despite it all. And ultimately achieved their goal. That actually attests to their fighting spirit. Dude's wrong and anyone who agrees is simply inaccurate. Thats a provable nontrue statement thats it on that.

Bro they show u in the slave flicks (that ? are too emotional to watch) how many slaves are on the plantation vs the plantation owner and other white folks.

It was like 20 or more slaves in the series roots standing around watching Kunta get beat....they outnumbered the white folks.

Just like today it be more ? standing around watching 1 or 2 cops beat on one black man while hey record it....

Just admit it bruh.....the ? that are here today are the offspring of slaves that didn't fight to the death...they didn't fight the oppression.

? are scared to fight the oppressor knowing he may die in the process.

Not knowing that he will probably have a seat in heaven just for dying while fighting oppression.

The owners had guns
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IgboNegro wrote: »
    Its true

Bro they show u in the slave flicks (that ? are too emotional to watch) how many slaves are on the plantation vs the plantation owner and other white folks.

It was like 20 or more slaves in the series roots standing around watching Kunta get beat....they outnumbered the white folks.

Just like today it be more ? standing around watching 1 or 2 cops beat on one black man while hey record it....

Just admit it bruh.....the ? that are here today are the offspring of slaves that didn't fight to the death...they didn't fight the oppression.

Not knowing that he will probably have a seat in heaven just for dying while fighting oppression.

The owners had guns

and still to this day ive yet to see a ? dodge that bullet!
  • IgboNegro
    Options
    Its true

The owners had guns

U prove my point.....if they decided not to fight back because of the fear of dying by guns then they chose oppression...Kunta and his folks on the slave ship faught back against the crew on the boat and they knew they had weapons. Same with the brothers on the Amistad....

Meaning they feared men over fearing ? = cowards just like men of today

If we rather be oppressed than fight back because of fear of injury or death than we deserve everything we got and everything we deal with.

Ok fam, go lead us to the promised land then.
  • IgboNegro
    Options
    Its true

The owners had guns

U prove my point.....if they decided not to fight back because of the fear of dying by guns then they chose oppression...Kunta and his folks on the slave ship faught back against the crew on the boat and they knew they had weapons. Same with the brothers on the Amistad....

Meaning they feared men over fearing ? = cowards just like men of today

If we rather be oppressed than fight back because of fear of injury or death than we deserve everything we got and everything we deal with.

Ok fam, go lead us to the promised land then.

I'm not leading u cowards no where y'all ? still think it's ok to legally be documented as black and ? .

You ? don't even study the law which should be the first action of recourse....

Let the slave patrol run up in my home tho..I'll be like ol girl.....probably in heaven for fighting oppression.

Idk...that sounds like an excuse...there are plenty of militant ? out there... there's hella on this site. You could look for some and form a coalition or something if you really are about that life
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is really 9 pages discussing what Kat Williams said.. all yall ? yallselves