Amy schumer tweets black men more likely to street harass you. !@#$% WHAT!?

Options

Comments

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Is what she said untrue though?

I don't know. I am not a woman. But it's possible that black men are more aggressive. A study could settle the matter.

What we shouldn't do though is condemn her for saying that. It may be her experience, and indeed it may be true more generally speaking. It has not been ordained black men and white men and Hispanic men and Asian men must do everything equally.

? I hate this sheriff Clarke ass ?

YOU ? idiot. I am the furthest thing from Clarke if you haven't noticed.

Dumb ? ass.
  • A Talented One
    Options

I don't know. I am not a woman. But it's possible that black men are more aggressive. A study could settle the matter.

What we shouldn't do though is condemn her for saying that. It may be her experience, and indeed it may be true more generally speaking. It has not been ordained black men and white men and Hispanic men and Asian men must do everything equally.

Cuz now I know why these ? always burying your posts at first I thought ? was just fuccin wit u ...I peeped game now

What did you realize?

How is what I said coonish? Can you explain that?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    black men aint afraid to go after what we want.

not being a sucka an trynna get ass is not harassment
    ..it's call being the object of someone's desire

No no no according to feminist just being attracted to a female is sexual harrassment. I can't deal with these stupid broads, can't even shoot at a chick on the street anymore cause of ? like this.
    Ironically, in the same breathe The same ugly ass feminist in Lenas dunam, w/e her name is. caught midlife crisis feelings, when Odell paid her ugly as no mind...
  • A Talented One
    Options
    You ? idiots. The world is not how you want it to be. It just is how it is.

There is no reason why black men might not do this more often than white men. Black men are not the same as white men. Or Asian men.

And I am not even saying that she is definitely right. I am just saying that what she said can't be dismissed as racist right off the bat.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like... don't get what she's saying with that tweet. Like I don't understand. Her stand-up is seriously terrible, but then again women ain't funny.
  • A Talented One
    Options

Can one of the geniuses who flagged this explain, clearly, how it is coonish?

I'm just about to step out, but I'll stay a bit to hear your explanation.
  • A Talented One
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I do believe a lot of men can be alil too aggressive and at times disrespectful when they approach/ interact with women...but to suggest Blk men are the main perpetrators ...can't cosign that at all

Not surprised though she would post that

She posted a joke that calls Hispanic men rapists some time back too

http://www.colorlines.com/articles/amy-schumer-‘taking-responsibility’-racist-joke

And was also accused of exploiting the bodies of blk women on her show and making fun of "black women names"

Smdh @ her being one of the faces of modern day white feminism

What does "main perpetrators" even mean? That's unclear and not obviously equivalent to what she said.

She appeared to say that, statistically, black men holler at her more often than white men.
  • A Talented One
    edited September 2016
    Options

There is no reason why black men might not do this more often than white men. Black men are not the same as white men. Or Asian men.

And I am not even saying that she is definitely right. I am just saying that what she said can't be dismissed as racist right off the bat.

Let me add this to this.

Could it be that black culture is more permissive than white culture with respect to men hollering at women on the street -- is it less an issue in black culture than white culture?

It's possible; certainly, black and white culture are not the same.

Even if that is true, that doesn't necessarily mean that black men would be more likely to holler at women outside the culture (i.e. non-black women) than other men. They are, after all, not part of the culture.

Then again, it may be that the more permissiveness of the culture seeps out, and black men are more likely to holler at women in general as opposed to just black women.

I am not saying this is necessarily true. I am saying this one reason why it may be true that black men holler more than white men, if it is true.

To insist, dogmatically, that black men could not possibly do this more than white men is just not defensible.
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amy shumer riding in that sarah silverman lane, except sarah was moderately funny at times
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let me add this to this.

Could it be that black culture is more permissive than white culture with respect to men hollering at women on the street -- is it less an issue in black culture than white culture?

Even if that is true, that doesn't necessarily mean that black men would be more likely to holler at women outside the culture (i.e. non-black women) than other men. They are, after all, not part of the culture.

Then again, it may be that the more permissiveness of the culture sipes out, and black men are more likely to holler at women in general as opposed to just black women.

I am not saying this is necessarily true. I am saying this one reason why it may be true.

To insist, dogmatically, that black men could not possibly do this more than white men is just not defensible.

This ? is correct. In many Afro-diasporic and African cultures, "hollering" is much more accepted

Of course many white women are so racist and self centered that they think any man especially black that as much as looks at her is trying to "sexual harrase" her

However saltines do it too; and Latin men are definitely the worst but the media paints it as only a black thing (see the street harassment video where they edited out the white men)
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do believe a lot of men can be alil too aggressive and at times disrespectful when they approach/ interact with women...but to suggest Blk men are the main perpetrators ...can't cosign that at all

Not surprised though she would post that

She posted a joke that calls Hispanic men rapists some time back too

http://www.colorlines.com/articles/amy-schumer-‘taking-responsibility’-racist-joke

And was also accused of exploiting the bodies of blk women on her show and making fun of "black women names"

Smdh @ her being one of the faces of modern day white feminism

What does "main perpetrators" even mean? That's unclear and not obviously equivalent to what she said.

She appeared to say that, statistically, black men holler at her more often than white men.

Bruh...

It really started with this tweet:

Lena Dunham, Amy Schumer, et. al refuse to see that misogyny among men of color, while hideously prevalent, is no more so than among white men

That's when she retorted with the question asking about who is usually the culprit of street harassment:

“How would you know? Statistically, who is hollerin’ at you in the street more pa?”

You want to give her the benefit of the doubt or not read into her tweet too deeply, fine ...do you

Considering her history, I choose not to
  • A Talented One
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Let me add this to this.

Then again, it may be that the more permissiveness of the culture sipes out, and black men are more likely to holler at women in general as opposed to just black women.

I am not saying this is necessarily true. I am saying this one reason why it may be true.

This ? is correct. In many Afro-diasporic and African cultures, "hollering" is much more accepted

Of course many white women are so racist and self centered that they think any man especially black that as much as looks at her is trying to "sexual harrase" her

However saltines do it too; and Latin men are definitely the worst but the media paints it as only a black thing (see the street harassment video where they edited out the white men)

Just had to throw in a "? " in there, didn't you?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amy shumer riding in that sarah silverman lane, except sarah was moderately funny at times

But terrible cringeworty at all other times
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    these are yall white queens many of yall ? over tho lmao

I was just about say cause I see nobody else was gonna mention it. Black men love the hell out of this gummy bear shaped ? . Hold that L

Not one person i know or seen have said anything about this chick ever, i mean i haven't even heard people diss the chick so where ya'll get that from ?? Does she even have an illpix thread ??

D0wn wrote: »

I was just about say cause I see nobody else was gonna mention it. Black men love the hell out of this gummy bear shaped ? . Hold that L

We're gonna act as if, blk feminists weren't helping these pasty cac feminists, push the "you okay sis", and "holler back girl" agendas??
    Which infact is the same rhetoric, This fat wht bish is reiterating.

2. Low self esteem Blk women, are the reason these wht ? be thinkin, theyre the ? to blk men.
    Blk women with insecurities, push the "blk men love white women" stereo type.
    Most ? ain't even tripping over wht girls like that.
    Latinas and extoticas now thats another story. ;) ...
    Y'all see a miniscule percentage of brothas trippin over wht girls = all blk men.

3. Aint nobody checking for this ? . Yet according to you, every blk man wants her. Again, u pushing the same agenda yall complain about. It's all in ya heads.

I saw a lot of black rappers and famous men hyping her fat ass like she was this edgy new comic that was doing something different, when all she does is that self deprecating humor about her boxy shape. I don't even think she's funny.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

We're gonna act as if, blk feminists weren't helping these pasty cac feminists, push the "you okay sis", and "holler back girl" agendas??

2. Low self esteem Blk women, are the reason these wht ? be thinkin, theyre the ? to blk men.
    Y'all see a miniscule percentage of brothas trippin over wht girls = all blk men.

3. Aint nobody checking for this ? . Yet according to you, every blk man wants her. Again, u pushing the same agenda yall complain about. It's all in ya heads.

A lot of blame to go around...And I believe this rift between Blk men and women is largely over exaggerated...

But come on now

So there isn't a loud contingent of Blk men who go around proclaiming white women make better partners than blk women????.... perpetuating racist stereotype that blk women are agrumentative and obnoxious

The most ignorant of any group are always the loudest that don't mean they represent the majority opinion. Don't fall for the ?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Found a portrait of you

il_340x270.667668007_2lh7.jpg

Good looks brotha man
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Let me add this to this.

Just had to throw in a "? " in there, didn't you?

You are what you are
  • D0wn
    edited September 2016
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »

Not one person i know or seen have said anything about this chick ever, i mean i haven't even heard people diss the chick so where ya'll get that from ?? Does she even have an illpix thread ??

I saw a lot of black rappers and famous men hyping her fat ass like she was this edgy new comic that was doing something different, when all she does is that self deprecating humor about her body shape. I don't even think she's funny.
    Your basing all blk men, on a handful of ? on t.v (red flag) ... blk men who were most likely given perks to endorse said ? .

2nd... name all these famous black men who were hyping her.
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those 15 mins are almost up
  • D0wn
    edited September 2016
    Options

A lot of blame to go around...And I believe this rift between Blk men and women is largely over exaggerated...

But come on now

So there isn't a loud contingent of Blk men who go around proclaiming white women make better partners than blk women????.... perpetuating racist stereotype that blk women are agrumentative and obnoxious

Its not over exaggerated its real, and growing. Ive learned its concentrated in the 18-27 age group demographic.
    Blk feminist women aren't bluffing when it comes to their hate for blk men.
    Theyre advocating aborting blk male babies.
    Cosigning the killing off unarmed blk men.
    And are even ? on Malcom X, Medgar Evars , and MLK calling them chauvinist, and misogynoirs....
    Really?

And you are right, the average blk woman is not argumentative, combative, or obnoxious... they're only that, when it comes to blk men.