Is Kobe Bryant Top 5 All Time? (List ur top 5)

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Nope, Kobe's not in that too 5 room
    I'd rather have any of those Laker teams over those the Miami teams and I think Bron would of won more with them
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd rather have any of those Laker teams over those the Miami teams and I think Bron would of won more with them

Oh those Lakers teams would beat those Heat teams, but that's because of it being a matchup issue. Heat would have nobody for Shaq, and Kobe would have been Kobe, but the Heat's role players were just as good if not better
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So Bynum, Gasol, Odom and Artest along with Kobe doesn't qualify as a superteam? Playing with Shaq in his prime period doesn't qualify as a superteam? He played on more talented teams than Bron did in Miami and PLEASE don't call this Cleveland team a superteam, not even a playoff team without Bron

Bynum and Odom were out of the league 2 years after the championships. And Artest was already washed when he joined. He was role player status... I wouldn't call that a superteam.

Miami (like Boston) was a superteam. Cleveland is about as close to a superteam without being a superteam as you can get. They just don't use Kevin Love effectively

The team with Shaq definitely wasn't a superteam in the sense that generally "superteams" are a team with 3 all star/superstar caliber players. But I'll let that slide because I feel like they were 1 and 2 best players in the league at that point

Bruh, that was a super team. Don't matter if they were out the league after that. It wasn't due to a lack of talent. It was personal issues. Both Odom and Bynum averaged, or were close to double doubles those prime three years they made the finals.

Bynum Odom
    07-08- 13 pts 10 rebs. 07-08 14 pts 10 rebs
    08-09- 14 pts 8 rebs. 08-09 11 pts 8 rebs
    09-10- 15 pts 8 rebs. 09-10 10 pts 9 rebs
    10-11- 11 pts 9 rebs. 10-11 14 pts 8 rebs
    11-12- 18 pts 11 rebs

And those are numbers on a team with Kobe and Pau Gasol.

Bryant. Gasol
    07-08- 28 pts 6 rebs 5 ast. 18 pts 8 rebs
    08-09- 26 pts 5 rebs 4 ast. 18 pts 9 rebs
    09-10- 26 pts 5 rebs 5 ast. 18 pts 11 rebs
    10-11- 27 pts 5 rebs 5 ast. 18 pts 10 rebs
    11-12- 25 pts 5 rebs 4 ast. 17 pts 10 rebs

How is that not a super team when you have 4 players averaging those kind of numbers? Only reason why you probably did have all four of them averaging over 15 is because Kobe was taking 20+ shots a night. And if Artest coming to the Lakers after averaging 17, 5 and 3 in Houston the year before is washed, then I don't know what is.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, Kobe's in that top 5 room
    Laker's had great teams, they never had super teams... Just another way for CS to try to void Kobe from the top 5... Always some ? excuse, every1 gets an excuse but Kobe smh foh
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all are funny, now Odom and Arrest made the Lakers a super team, y'all gotta be trolling. Odom had been on the squad since 04, and Arrest was a liability for most of the season on offense in 2010. They said Gasol was soft after the 08 finals, now he's second in command of a,super team, and Bynum had talent but was far from being a finished product, he checks in on no one's all time great list like Wade, Bosh, or Ray Allen. 3 of the top 5 players in the east, smack dab in the middle of their prime, linked up in 2011, 08-11 Lakers don't meet the same criteria as the Heat do in order to classify as a super team.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Bynum/Odom/Gasol is one of if not the best front court of this generation and one of the deepest front courts of all time, Shaq in his prime is the most dominant player of all time, it's not even about what qualifies as a super team, it's about ranking Kobe above Bron because of the team Bron played for when in reality it's a level playing field, if you think Kobe is better than Bron fine but for that reason is complete non sense
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love how ? act like Gasol was considered nice before he played with Kobe
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

Yea we all thought he was trash when he was averaging 20/10/3/2 in Memphis, and let's not act like that trade they pulled off to get him wasn't highway robbery
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    And now Bynum,Gasol, and Odom is the best front court of this generation lol
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Tell me a better one
  • ericb4prez
    Options

Tell me a better one

You don't think Pierce,KG, and Perk could give em problems
  • ericb4prez
    Options

Yea we all thought he was trash when he was averaging 20/10/3/2 in Memphis, and let's not act like that trade they pulled off to get him wasn't highway robbery

I ain't say he was trash but he damn sure wasn't winning and getting all this praise
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Tell me a better one

You don't think Pierce,KG, and Perk could give em problems

They did give them problems, and I wasn't even counting Artest even though technically he is part of the front court, Lakers still got the edge, Bynum was arguably the best center in the league at the time, Dwight might of edged him out but let's not act like it wasn't a debate back then
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like how ? tryna downplay Kobe's level of talent around him to try and elevate his status. Lol...? is funny B.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Nah y'all overrating ? Bynum had 2 good finals games in his whole career the rest he was hurt or ineffective
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bynum/Odom/Gasol is one of if not the best front court of this generation and one of the deepest front courts of all time, Shaq in his prime is the most dominant player of all time, it's not even about what qualifies as a super team, it's about ranking Kobe above Bron because of the team Bron played for when in reality it's a level playing field, if you think Kobe is better than Bron fine but for that reason is complete non sense

Loool
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    And ? forget Ariza did what Artest did the year before but nobody brought him up cuz he not a household name
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    804 wrote: »
    ^^^Sams case can be made for Bron too, I don't get what's so hard for these nig nogs to understand it's many players with just as strong if not a stronger argument. That's why I can't stand Kobe-Tards they literally ? on every other great player to big him up.

Like this ? Goldie, bruh Bron got as many MVP trophies as Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan COMBINED you know 3 other top 10 all time greats along with 3 rings to go along with it, how does he not have an argument for being better than Kobe?

Kobe got a few monster years on ? squads though. The context of the year means a lot, and if the MVP is a popularity contest when someone like Curry wins it back to back, then the same can be said for LeBron winning it way too many times. All these guys who vote get into group think mode, and it's a wrap after that.

LeBron numbers in most years should have gotten him more MVPs

That year Rose won I think LBJ should have gotta that one.

He averaged more
    Rebounds
    Steals
    Blocks
    Than Rose

Was also the 2nd seed in the East

This is why Bron didn't win that mvp
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    LOLOL y'all want me to bring up Bosh' finals numbers?
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just look up that 13 heat squad and 10 laker squad. Hit them finals statistics. Tell me Kob didn't have any assistance.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You buggin with this ? .....he been nice ever since he entered the league......? knew him with Kobe would be a problem
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    lol @ that being a super team lol.. yall funny
  • ericb4prez
    Options

You buggin with this ? .....he been nice ever since he entered the league......? knew him with Kobe would be a problem

But he was Kevin Love aka hollow stats, 7 seasons in Memphis with 1 all star appearance
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Lebron "super team criticism" has really grown to epic proportions. ? 's ridiculous and hilarious at the same time

Let's have some perspective.

////////////////

1999-2000 Lakers

VS

2012-2013 Heat

Kobe ~ Lebron

Shaq >>> Wade
    A.C. Green << Chris Bosh
    Past Prime Glen Rice > Past Prime Ray Allen
    Ron Harper>>> Mario Chalmers
    Robert Horry > Shane Battier
    Brian Shaw < Mike Miller
    Rick Fox ~ Rashard Lewis
    Derek Fisher >> Noris Cole
    Devean George ~ Udonis Haslem
    Travis Knight ~ Joel Anthony
    John Salley ~ Juan Howard
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody go player for player of this year's Cavs team vs the Kobe/Gasol Lakers.

Without the media hype and aggressive narratives, a lot of you ? would be surprised what you find....