Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nugkbo8u3vI
    Kid Rock was the same cac supporting keeping the confederate flag awhile back, huh? Now this ? sayin "? kaepernick"? Before you criticize Kaep, ? pick a flag you wanna get behind dumb cracka
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is actually some truth to their humor. ? can't claim the system is oppressing black people and then turn around and call that same system for help when ? gets ugly. That's what we call half-stepping.

Either you police your own neighborhoods COMPLETELY, or you don't at all. We know what the police gang is about, so you either take the bad with the good, or keep it moving. You're not going to change the way they run things as you're not in power, so we have to go through that struggle period until we get ? right, if you really want change that is.

You could also keep using the hamster wheel approach that our ancestors and forefathers tried, and when your grandchildren are complaining to you about police brutality, you can tell them how you marched and how ? ain't changed since then.
  • stringer bell
    edited September 2016
    Options
    11n0b5q33l4m.jpg
    fbrje7wbevcd.jpg
    ghos3tjjy00l.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17534211/colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-again-kneels-national-anthem
    Kaepernick continues anthem protest; others join

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's protest of racial oppression and inequality in the United States continued before Monday night's 28-0 win over the Los Angeles Rams.

For the second game in a row, Kaepernick and safety Eric Reid knelt during the song while teammates Antoine Bethea and Eli Harold stood and held up their right fists.

"I think it's become so blatantly obvious that athletes and people in general have to react," Kaepernick said. "It's not something that, with social media, there's so many instances where it's instantly to you and you see these things every day, day after day and that's hard.

"For me, it was something that I couldn't see another 'hashtag Sandra Bland, hashtag Tamir Rice, hashtag Walter Scott, hashtag Eric Garner,' the list goes on and on and on," Kaepernick said. "At what point do we do something about it? At what point do we take a stand and as a people say this isn't right? You have a badge, yes. You're supposed to be protecting us, not murdering us, and that's what the issue really is and we need to change that."

Rams defensive end Robert Quinn and receiver Kenny Britt also held up fists. Britt also was one of five Rams players to raise hands before a game after unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, in 2014.

"Just standing up for my rights," Quinn said. "Everyone knows the whole situation. Long story short, Fisher asked us to stand. So I respect him enough to do that. But at least to show awareness, raise my fist, show support out there that you have support throughout the league. I didn't want to try to distract the team; just want to have my right of freedom."

Niners defensive lineman Quinton Dial helped hold a large flag during the anthem.

Harold, the San Francisco linebacker, said the issue was "bigger than football" and that he took exception to fans' reaction when Kaepernick came in.

"What really ? me off was when Kap was getting snaps at the end of the game and the crowd was booing," Harold said. "I'm not throwing shots at our fans. It's not about that. Liberty and justice for all. Just because this man is standing up for something he believes in doesn't give you the right to boo him. I just don't understand it, man. I really don't."

Harold also took issue with ESPN NFL analyst Trent Dilfer's critical comments on Kaepernick from Sunday.

"This is our profession, but if a guy wants to stand up and believe in something, you shouldn't shoot him down and talk down on him and say he put himself above the team when that wasn't the issue," Harold said.

Kaepernick said earlier this week that he would continue to kneel during the national anthem and reaffirmed that plan to ESPN's Lindsay Czarniak on Monday night.

"I know there's conversations that players are having in the locker rooms," Kaepernick said. "We've had them in our locker room as well. People are really feeling their humanity and really feeling like, you know what, this might not be something I experience on a daily basis, but it's not right that these other people are going through this. And that's ultimately what it comes down to."

Last week, Jed York, the 49ers' chief executive officer, pledged $1 million from the team's charitable foundation to the Silicon Valley Community Foundation and the San Francisco Foundation, organizations with goals to assist in some of the same areas Kaepernick is attempting to help.

Kaepernick previously pledged the first $1 million he makes this season to help communities in need and has said he will do the same with proceeds from his jersey sales.

On Monday night, York said he and Kaepernick have had conversations over the past few weeks and again offered support to Kaepernick's efforts.

"I'd just say that human rights is a philosophy that everybody should hold dear," York said. "It's not easy to make a stand and to do something that's not popular -- that's everybody -- and I think that's what Colin has done, but I think he's done it in a respectful way. He's trying to bring a voice to people that he doesn't feel have one, and I think we want to do the same thing and try to help."

York added that he has no problems with his players figuring out which actions they want to take and then following through.

"I'm not going to tell the guys what to do," York said. "I'm not going to get into that. That's not my place. The locker room will take care of itself. I think even with this, when everybody wants to talk about is this a distraction, what's going on, it's been something that I think has been an issue that most people haven't discussed openly in locker rooms and quite honestly most places. And I think our locker room is one of the places where guys can ... they find a way to actually have a conversation about it as opposed to looking and having a preconceived notion of what does this mean and then kind of going their own separate ways."

While Denver Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall has lost endorsements over his decision to kneel before Thursday's game against the Carolina Panthers, York said the 49ers have received no blowback from sponsors.

"They've all been really good," York said
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Vellum wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    What is the endgame in doing this? Is this going to change the justice system? The world is already aware of the injustices that black people face here in america.

Idk what endgame is but as long as these protests keep disrupting white Harmony they should continue... black people have nothing to lose at this point

was gonna. Say this..

Who gives a ? what the "endgame" is..

The mere fact that ? are starting to give a ? less about whites opinion and acceptance is beautiful..

Let these ? be great!

we'll cross that bridge when we have to..

What kinda silly logic is that man? ? ain't protesting for the sake of protesting. There is a problem that they want addressed. Doing ? just because it makes white people mad isn't any better than doing ? to avoid offending white people. In both cases, your motivations revolve around white people and there feelings and not what's best for black people.

Honestly, I think they need to flip it on them. I don't know what they should do, but they should transition away from the kneeling during the anthem to something else. The CaCs have already accomplished their mission as far as that goes. I saw them talk about this ? about 100 times this weekend because of all the football being played and I can't recall once when they actually discussed the meaning behind all of it. People like Shannon Sharpe are trying to keep that message out there, but this ? military red herring has effectively rendered anthem/flag protests moot when it comes to raising awareness for the actual cause.

I hope someone can come up with something that is in your face and can't be dismissed, but also can't be deflected. That's tough though because people in the media are good at deflecting.

The ? are u talkin about.
    I didnt even finish readin that ? seein as i CLEARLY stated in the post u quotin how im happy ? is FINALLY starting to NOT give a ? about what crackas feel and think..

Thats empowerment in itself..
    And jus the beginnin... Cause wit that mental chains are bein broken..

Try again..

Yeah, my bad. I wasn't really clear with my point.

You asked "who gives a ? what the "endgame" is?" The answer is "everyone with any sense." No one protests for the sake of protesting. People protest to accomplish something, so everyone involved should care what the endgame is.

A few ? not giving a ? what white people think doesn't mean much if ? are still getting shot down in the street. Making white people upset is pointless if it isn't resulting in something that benefits us.

As for breaking mental chains. I wouldn't even say much of that is going on. There have always been black who gave less that a ? what whites though. My wife's grandfather slapped the ? out of a white man back when that could get you hanged. He had to leave his hometown for life, but...hey, it was probably worth it. The fact that we got so called civil rights leaders out there bashing the players for what they're doing shows you that those chains are still very much intact. So better to aim for real victories than meaning psychological victories.
    Bruh, these football players have sparked nationwide protest. Black ppl have FINALLY became aware & are now challenging white supremacy as we know it. But pessimistic azz ? like you aren't even given the ? a chance to grow by already talking about a ? end game. Progress will NEVER get made if ? don't appreciate the little things. Why not just be proud of black athletes finally taking a stand? Believe it or not, things like this are what start real change

Do ya'll ? actually think about the ? that you're saying? You think Kaep did this ? and didn't give a ? if anything came out of it or do you think he had hopes that it would lead to more?

Nobody is being pessimistic by asking where we go from here. That's what you're supposed to do. Of course we're proud of the athletes stepping up and taking the lead. Now we all have to turn it into something.

I don't know where you been, but people been protesting for years now. That's great, but eventually it has to result in something. You're absolutely right. Things like this start real change, but only if there is someone thinking on how to build on it. If everyone is like you and is just satisfied with the protest, nothing gets accomplished.
    One of the dumbest post in IC history. ? you do realize you gotta start somewhere. You not just gon wake up one day and racism gon be dead. A end game may take YEARS. But the point is somebody is FINALLY taking a stand, and that somebody has started a nationwide debate. It's also made white ppl confront their racist history in america. You can't talk about the national anthem without mentioning the racism behind it. Yet you're dismissing of all of this because a end game hasn't been reached? Um ok ?

? , shut the ? up. You think kaep is some revolutionary? You young ? are crackhead stupid. Before you ? had social media to communicate all the time, people were still putting in ground work. People were still upset, trying to march, trying to get their voices heard. Kanye west still got infront of the world and said george bush doesnt care about black people. That ? wasnt jokes at the time.

How dare you say somebody has FINALLY taken a stand. HOW ? DARE YOU. Like black people just been sitting by being quiet and complacent like slaves for decades until some downs syndrome looking light skin brotha continued the conversation.

You bottom feeders have the nerve to come at me, but say some ? like "finally somebody is taking a stand".
    Again. To put it in perspective, you're a ? who was defending Ray Lewis being a ? in this same thread. RAY LEWIS!!? You are the WRONG ? to speak on anything regarding social injustice. Matter of fact, you're just as much of a boot lickin ? as Ray Lewis is.

With that said, what I meant was we finally got athletes with a HUGE platform taking a stand on social issues. The thing is we call ppl out like Cam Newton, Richard Sherman, Charles Barkley for being ? , and say "why don't athletes speak out more on social matters involving their own", but when they do internet ? like you & Lonious tear them down. For the record, Kaep hasnt done anything other than legally protest. How tf can you criticize him? Uncle Ruckus of the IC azz ?

Yall actually read that ? posts?

I bypass that ? every time I see that screen name. Feel like this whenever I see a post by him

I dont expect an illiterate to participate in my post anyways. My feelings arent hurt by anonymous people not paying attention to me on a forum to which there is an expiration date for me inevitably anyways. The world still turns, and thoughts still happen regardless of your participation in them or not.
  • Vellum
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    What is the endgame in doing this? Is this going to change the justice system? The world is already aware of the injustices that black people face here in america.

We are in no-win situation because we aren't united and we don't have any land or infrastructures to call home.
    When Mlk said he regretting about leading his people into the situation this is the end result.
    We can't get justice, We can't thrive in a land that we don't control .
    I just don't understand black people at all there is no logical way to win in the current state that were in.
    One of the law of power Law 11: Learn To Keep People Dependent on You and as black people that's who we are right now we depend on white people for everything so we can't win

Idk what endgame is but as long as these protests keep disrupting white Harmony they should continue... black people have nothing to lose at this point

was gonna. Say this..

Who gives a ? what the "endgame" is..

The mere fact that ? are starting to give a ? less about whites opinion and acceptance is beautiful..

Let these ? be great!

we'll cross that bridge when we have to..

The ? are u talkin about.
    I didnt even finish readin that ? seein as i CLEARLY stated in the post u quotin how im happy ? is FINALLY starting to NOT give a ? about what crackas feel and think..

Thats empowerment in itself..
    And jus the beginnin... Cause wit that mental chains are bein broken..

Try again..

Yeah, my bad. I wasn't really clear with my point.

You asked "who gives a ? what the "endgame" is?" The answer is "everyone with any sense." No one protests for the sake of protesting. People protest to accomplish something, so everyone involved should care what the endgame is.

A few ? not giving a ? what white people think doesn't mean much if ? are still getting shot down in the street. Making white people upset is pointless if it isn't resulting in something that benefits us.

As for breaking mental chains. I wouldn't even say much of that is going on. There have always been black who gave less that a ? what whites though. My wife's grandfather slapped the ? out of a white man back when that could get you hanged. He had to leave his hometown for life, but...hey, it was probably worth it. The fact that we got so called civil rights leaders out there bashing the players for what they're doing shows you that those chains are still very much intact. So better to aim for real victories than meaning psychological victories.
    Bruh, these football players have sparked nationwide protest. Black ppl have FINALLY became aware & are now challenging white supremacy as we know it. But pessimistic azz ? like you aren't even given the ? a chance to grow by already talking about a ? end game. Progress will NEVER get made if ? don't appreciate the little things. Why not just be proud of black athletes finally taking a stand? Believe it or not, things like this are what start real change

Do ya'll ? actually think about the ? that you're saying? You think Kaep did this ? and didn't give a ? if anything came out of it or do you think he had hopes that it would lead to more?

Nobody is being pessimistic by asking where we go from here. That's what you're supposed to do. Of course we're proud of the athletes stepping up and taking the lead. Now we all have to turn it into something.

I don't know where you been, but people been protesting for years now. That's great, but eventually it has to result in something. You're absolutely right. Things like this start real change, but only if there is someone thinking on how to build on it. If everyone is like you and is just satisfied with the protest, nothing gets accomplished.
    One of the dumbest post in IC history. ? you do realize you gotta start somewhere. You not just gon wake up one day and racism gon be dead. A end game may take YEARS. But the point is somebody is FINALLY taking a stand, and that somebody has started a nationwide debate. It's also made white ppl confront their racist history in america. You can't talk about the national anthem without mentioning the racism behind it. Yet you're dismissing of all of this because a end game hasn't been reached? Um ok ?

? , shut the ? up. You think kaep is some revolutionary? You young ? are crackhead stupid. Before you ? had social media to communicate all the time, people were still putting in ground work. People were still upset, trying to march, trying to get their voices heard. Kanye west still got infront of the world and said george bush doesnt care about black people. That ? wasnt jokes at the time.

How dare you say somebody has FINALLY taken a stand. HOW ? DARE YOU. Like black people just been sitting by being quiet and complacent like slaves for decades until some downs syndrome looking light skin brotha continued the conversation.

You bottom feeders have the nerve to come at me, but say some ? like "finally somebody is taking a stand".
    Again. To put it in perspective, you're a ? who was defending Ray Lewis being a ? in this same thread. RAY LEWIS!!? You are the WRONG ? to speak on anything regarding social injustice. Matter of fact, you're just as much of a boot lickin ? as Ray Lewis is.

With that said, what I meant was we finally got athletes with a HUGE platform taking a stand on social issues. The thing is we call ppl out like Cam Newton, Richard Sherman, Charles Barkley for being ? , and say "why don't athletes speak out more on social matters involving their own", but when they do internet ? like you & Lonious tear them down. For the record, Kaep hasnt done anything other than legally protest. How tf can you criticize him? Uncle Ruckus of the IC azz ?

Ray lewis is not a ? , nor was he cooning in his statements. As he clearly stated his backing of colin k in that very same video. You morons were just jumping the gun because of his opinion on not bringing the flag into it, and didnt actually listen to the entire 15 minutes. You probably still havent, as that would be too much work for your feeble minds.

Anyways, i havent said much of anything disparaging about colin's stance at all. Ive been mostly neutral, albeit not very impressed, but neutral, and in disgust of the very illogical criticisms of him thrown at him by americans, black and white.

Due to your inability to ever keep up, or your brains general incompatibility with work, which leads you to not read, and clarify your opinion on peoples viewpoints. It is clearly my bad to interact with you, since you cant possibly see beyond 3 feet in front of you.

Ya'll call black people ? all day like its cool to do, because youre sheep following morons. You dudes are ? worthless to society. If i were a white racist, id love black people more than ever. Just laughing loudly at our extreme levels of self hate, and violence towards each other. You cant make this ? up.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/13/sports/colin-kaepernick-athlete-protests.html?_r=0
    As Colin Kaepernick’s Gesture Spreads, a Spirit Long Dormant Is Revived
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is actually some truth to their humor. ? can't claim the system is oppressing black people and then turn around and call that same system for help when ? gets ugly. That's what we call half-stepping.

Either you police your own neighborhoods COMPLETELY, or you don't at all. We know what the police gang is about, so you either take the bad with the good, or keep it moving. You're not going to change the way they run things as you're not in power, so we have to go through that struggle period until we get ? right, if you really want change that is.

You could also keep using the hamster wheel approach that our ancestors and forefathers tried, and when your grandchildren are complaining to you about police brutality, you can tell them how you marched and how ? ain't changed since then.

Don't do that wait until the full b episode comes out
  • Vellum
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ^^^^then leave ? . They not paying people to be on this site. If you think everyone here is so dumb and you continue to come up here doesn't that make you the bigger fool? And that's a yes or no question, not rhetorical. And I don't need some long winded tirade cuz im not going to read it. You are the posting style of someone I hate.

No. I continue to come here to spread logic, facts (? there is so much misinformation in this forum), and rationality because its the right thing to do in the fight for us as a community. Not because im a ? . You cannot fight the unique problems we face in America with such basic ? tactics we are using.

Im the posting style of someone you hate because you dont agree with me, and or your ADHD that doesnt allow you to focus on a few paragraphs before wanting a moving picture to explain life to you.

Sorry sir, you have to read to elevate your mind. It wont all just be handed to you in gifs, tweets, gram videos, and 3 minute explanation videos.

The unbolded was 124 words not including this. The low average of reading speed is like 200wpm (words per minute). If youre having trouble reading fast enough, and or comprehending most of that youve read. Then you need to work on it. Thats not my problem.
  • Vellum
    Options
    ^^^^then leave ? . They not paying people to be on this site. If you think everyone here is so dumb and you continue to come up here doesn't that make you the bigger fool? And that's a yes or no question, not rhetorical. And I don't need some long winded tirade cuz im not going to read it. You are the posting style of someone I hate.

No. I continue to come here to spread logic, facts (? there is so much misinformation in this forum), and rationality because its the right thing to do in the fight for us as a community. Not because im a ? . You cannot fight the unique problems we face in America with such basic ? tactics we are using.

Im the posting style of someone you hate because you dont agree with me, and or your ADHD that doesnt allow you to focus on a few paragraphs before wanting a moving picture to explain life to you.

Sorry sir, you have to read to elevate your mind. It wont all just be handed to you in gifs, tweets, gram videos, and 3 minute explanation videos.

The unbolded was 124 words not including this. The low average of reading speed is like 200wpm (words per minute). If youre having trouble reading fast enough, and or comprehending most of that youve read. Then you need to work on it. Thats not my problem.

I didn't read any of that ? . Did you answer my question tho? Are you the bigger fool or not?

I answered your question. No was the first word i typed. Now ? yourself. You're unneeded on this planet to our species, and contribute nothing to it.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apparently Kid Kracker supports Adolf Trump too...

And we're surprised b/c??
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-3473257747196637865/camden-diocese-will-suspend-players-who-dont-stand-for-anthem-report-says/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GopCAY4ezQ
    Camden Diocese will suspend players who don't stand for anthem

The Diocese of Camden told its schools in an early-September letter that any player who opted not to stand for the national anthem would be subject to suspension.

According to the letter from Mary P. Boyle Superintendent of Schools, dated Sept. 2, "Failure to demonstrate appropriate respect will result in suspension from play (2 games) or dismissal from the team for subsequent offenses."

The letter adds that the "best approach (to dealing with the issue) is helping our young people understand that blood was sacrificed so that we all can enjoy the gifts of our faith and our country.

"However, let me be clear. We are not public institutions and free speech in all of its demonstrations, including protests, is not a guaranteed right."

The Camden Diocese oversees several South Jersey high schools, including Holy Spirit, Camden Catholic, Gloucester Catholic, Paul VI, St. Joseph (Hamm.), and Wildwood Catholic.

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was the first to protest police brutality and oppression of African-Americans by sitting for the anthem during a preseason game. He has been followed by other professional athletes.

Woodrow Wilson players and coaches kneeled for the national anthem before Saturday's 13-7 loss to Highland. Coach Preston Brown said he made the decision to kneel to bring attention to social injustices and economic disparities.

Brown let his team know his intention before the game and did not ask them to join him but almost all of the coaches and players did. On Sunday, the Camden City School District released a statement saying they supported the players and coaches' First Amendment right to kneel during the anthem.

Following is the text of the Diocese's letter, released by Michael Walsh, the Director of Communications for the Diocese.

"In light of the recent controversy regarding the NFL player’s refusal to stand for the National Anthem, I seek to clarify the position of the Office of Catholic Schools. I ask that this be communicated to those listed above.

Our schools are founded on the teaching of respect and honor; respect and honor for ? , country and duly appointed authority.

It is expected that our administration and coaches as well as our athletes will show respect during prayer, pledges and the playing or singing of the National Anthem.

The best approach is helping our young people understand that blood was sacrificed so that we all can enjoy the gifts of our faith and our country.

However, let me be clear. We are not public institutions and free speech in all of its demonstrations, including protests is not a guaranteed right.

Failure to do demonstrate appropriate respect, will result in suspension from play (2 games) or dismissal from the team for subsequent offenses."

In an e-mail, Walsh said students and parents are advised via policy handbooks that school administrations have the authority to take action when students' behavior is harmful to the good order of the school or its religous mission.

Walsh said visiting teams will be governed by the policies of those schools.

Camden is one of five Dioceses in the state. The others are Trenton, Metuchen, Newark and Paterson.

Bishop Ahr athletic director Michael Wolfthal said his school had not received a directive from the Metuchen Diocese, but in light of recent events he would help develop one for his school.

"I think what has evolved is the protests have become more about the people protesting as opposed to why they are protesting," said Wolfthal. "I have not had any issues. We had a remembrance ceremony yesterday here for 9/11.

"We are a socially conscious school.But we have not had any kind of protest. ... I will get together with my coaches and administration and well determined how we're going to deal with anybody who chooses to protest. We are not going to condone any type of protest."

Rofl @ the Catholic Church talking about respek respect and honor...