SZA Calls Out TDE For Not Releasing Her Album: "I Actually Quit"

Options

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sza was buzzing b4 signing with Tde and again after the fact. They're loafting.

Buzzing where? I never heard of that broad til she signed w/ them.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    People forget that even if you sign to a Label, you still have to move as if you're Independent. Cause they won't do much for you outside of funding and promotions. It's still YOUR job as an Artist to stay in ppl's faces somehow and continue to build your brand on your own

She tours a lot and has a pretty decent following. I think she's doing her part

This seems to be going over ppls heads. Nobody wanna look at TDE management sideways because of the illusion that they are "doing good."

So where's the music at? Cuz I ain't heard ? from her other than the hooks she sings for other TDE artist.

Do you listen to SZA? She has 2 EPs and has been on several records over the past two years. She ain't been in a Fox hole doin nothin. You askin where's the music at? I think that's the same question she's asking TDE. One can assume based on her frustrations that she has an album or something ready to go.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lol at this ? being misinformed. SZA didn't just drop outta the sky
  • Revolver Ocelot
    edited October 2016
    Options
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    People forget that even if you sign to a Label, you still have to move as if you're Independent. Cause they won't do much for you outside of funding and promotions. It's still YOUR job as an Artist to stay in ppl's faces somehow and continue to build your brand on your own

She tours a lot and has a pretty decent following. I think she's doing her part

This seems to be going over ppls heads. Nobody wanna look at TDE management sideways because of the illusion that they are "doing good."

So where's the music at? Cuz I ain't heard ? from her other than the hooks she sings for other TDE artist.

Do you listen to SZA? She has 2 EPs and has been on several records over the past two years. She ain't been in a Fox hole doin nothin. You askin where's the music at? I think that's the same question she's asking TDE. One can assume based on her frustrations that she has an album or something ready to go.

Well ? apparently she ain't buzzing cuz if people was clamoring for the the music they'd put out her 2nd album. But her first one bricked and she still ain't got no buzz. That's TDE fault, maybe just maybe people ain't checking for her.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never heard of her
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ehhh there are lots if artist in the game who only get reconized in certain areas. U may have heard of her but I've only heard her name neva her music
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    last time i saw her was on the BET cypher where she was just sitting back cheerleading the crew....idk if TDE is looking for national appeal for all their artists buy shorty aint poppin like that where i'm at unless someone can tell me she has a HIT single out on radio or online....what is she really known for other than TDE's female artist

if she's not goin the sex route showin ass and ? , being the social media troll of the month or the afrocentric/no makeup BLM route....what is really making her stand out right now from any other female artist?
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    last time i saw her was on the BET cypher where she was just sitting back cheerleading the crew....idk if TDE is looking for national appeal for all their artists buy shorty aint poppin like that where i'm at unless someone can tell me she has a HIT single out on radio or online....what is she really known for other than TDE's female artist

if she's not goin the sex route showin ass and ? , being the social media troll of the month or the afrocentric/no makeup BLM route....what is really making her stand out right now from any other female artist?

her music is good. have you tried listening to any of it?
  • miami cane
    miami cane Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Options
    Tha
    R2_163 wrote: »

That's not his point.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    She's arguably the 3rd most popular person on tde. I know many chicks who mess with her
  • mike06
    edited October 2016
    Options
    R2_163 wrote: »

you're not hearing me....WHERE IS THE SINGLE???.....where is the HIT???

it ain't about if i heard her cuz honestly i haven't and i'm not speaking on her overall talent....the thread is about her not releasing an album and why?...she's simply not visible at the moment and her music whether good or not is not appealing to the masses...so where is this buzz ya'll said she has?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    Would she even sell tho ? . Never hears ppl play her music

• Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's arguably the 3rd most popular person on tde. I know many chicks who mess with her

I'm assuming the first two are Dot and Q. You would really make an argument that she's more popular than Jay Rock and Ab-Soul? Must be a regional thing.
  • mike06
    Options
    If she was popular..... wouldn't she have been able to put the album out instead of quitting?

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If she was popular..... wouldn't she have been able to put the album out instead of quitting?

Obviously not ? . What kinda logic is this? You seen Tha Carter V anywhere b? If the label don't want to put it out for whatever reason it ain't coming out.

Hasn't been a year since ab's "the bench getting warm as fucc tho." tweet. It's not that many artist on the label. Tde stable too good for this ? .
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

Obviously not ? . What kinda logic is this? You seen Tha Carter V anywhere b? If the label don't want to put it out for whatever reason it ain't coming out.

Hasn't been a year since ab's "the bench getting warm as fucc tho." tweet. It's not that many artist on the label. Tde stable too good for this ? .

? that's 2 totally different situations.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Her label mate just released an album man, obviously her or ab soul was next
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Y'all are so dumb lol
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    Y'all are so dumb lol

Nah, TDE is smart and not dropping another album that has no buzz and is going to flop.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't come into this thread. SZA is too fine and I don't wanna ? over her.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Y'all are so dumb lol

Nah, TDE is smart and not dropping another album that has no buzz and is going to flop.

Flop according to whose standards? If that's the case you're never gonna see another album from anyone not named Kendrick or Q.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all are so dumb lol

If they were smart they would have done a Black hippy release by now. So ab and Jay rock could get on properly and have sza all over that ? . They're loafting.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How you pronounce her name?

Is it like the Rza and the Gza?