Fair or Foul: Mother/Daughter pole dancing

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Foul: this looks inappropriate
    sometimes you gotta get to the motivation of things...

WHY do you want your daughter POLE DANCING?

not if it's okay or not... why specifically POLE DANCING?

there's literally a million other ways to promote athleticism, and physical activities......but why does it HAVE TO BE POLE DANCING??

that's my issue...if you can easily compare it to other things like gymnastics and volley ball, then why the ? not do those other things like gymnastics and volley ball???

yall pushing this agenda like the secret to life is in Pole Dancing and pole dancing alone...like this kids future depends on their ability to pole dance from the age of 5......like the world has some kind reward for those who have over a decade of experience at pole dancing by the tme they reach adulthood...

i mean....there is a profession that i know of specifically that would reward such talents.....but yall explain it....

y does it have to be pole dancing?
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    ChiCity wrote: »
    I didn't come back in this thread but man I tell ya

The fact is some ppl see the word 'pole' and they immediately strip club and magic citty and some big ? bab making her way thru college

Doesn't matter what's in the actual OP, ? 's seen pole dancing and they see they little girls gyrating for dollars. More pitiful than anything

@brother_five outside of whatever your opinion is of the OP, can u agree with this or nah?

I need brother @chicity to clarify his point before I can agree or disagree
    is this post saying that ppl who associate 'poles' with sex are ? ? or is this post saying that rushing to judge the situation without watching the video is trash?
    or both?
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh..... couldn't let my baby girl do it. If you going to bond with your child let it be with some books counting reading you can post that online.. But what she was doing should have been kept private. And as a father I wouldn't want no pics of my child naked on the internet no way.
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair: i see nothing wrong here
    DWO wrote: »

there's literally a million other ways to promote athleticism, and physical activities......but why does it HAVE TO BE POLE DANCING??

that's my issue...if you can easily compare it to other things like gymnastics and volley ball, then why the ? not do those other things like gymnastics and volley ball???

yall pushing this agenda like the secret to life is in Pole Dancing and pole dancing alone...like this kids future depends on their ability to pole dance from the age of 5......like the world has some kind reward for those who have over a decade of experience at pole dancing by the tme they reach adulthood...

i mean....there is a profession that i know of specifically that would reward such talents.....but yall explain it....

Why the ultimatum? Why does it have to be one or the Other? Why assume that this is the ONLY thing that the child is learning?

As a kid, I played every sport you can imagine... Basketball, football, kickball, soccer, you name it.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    She's a better pole dancer than Khaleesi

The fact is some ppl see the word 'pole' and they immediately strip club and magic citty and some big ? bab making her way thru college

Doesn't matter what's in the actual OP, ? 's seen pole dancing and they see they little girls gyrating for dollars. More pitiful than anything

@brother_five outside of whatever your opinion is of the OP, can u agree with this or nah?

is this post saying that ppl who associate 'poles' with sex are ? ? or is this post saying that rushing to judge the situation without watching the video is trash?
    or both?

Id say both.

A lot of these intelligent posters sound mad ignorant..

Its like u cant have a BLM vs ALM debate if the cac insists that BLM is a terrorist/hate group.. we cant even begin the convo..

The IC is largely refusing to separate pole dancing from stripping. The definition of ignorance.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lxpotu8ufeua.gif

At the analogies made in this thread
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

is this post saying that ppl who associate 'poles' with sex are ? ? Or is this post saying that rushing to judge the situation without watching the video is trash?
    or both?
    Mores so the bold because it leads to italicized

I can see why ppl associate poles and sex, that's the society we live in and with all the ? up on SM you don't know WHAT someone is going to post but I don't feel that the OP was sexual at and bc of that I can't say that at face value a baby plus pole is a no-no
  • Chi Snow
    Options

So you fear the stigma of 'pole dancing'?

You fear how others are going to react to it, how others may perceive it?

Did you hear that lil baby laughing while they was spinning? Did you see her playing with her mom b4 she got on the pole?

None of that matters tho because of the stigma of pole dancing right?

Had she had the same joy playing with Barbie's she'd grow up to be a doctor right?
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

or both?

Id say both.

Its like u cant have a BLM vs ALM debate if the cac insists that BLM is a terrorist/hate group.. we cant even begin the convo..

The IC is largely refusing to separate pole dancing from stripping. The definition of ignorance.

what is silly is lumping all those against this into one accord for being against this
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »

or both?

Id say both.

what is silly is lumping all those against this into one accord for being against this
    I agree with this also
  • Ol Jay's
    Options
    @trillfate would you be ok with posting a video of your son playing on a stripper pole on social media?
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm pretty open minded, but what kind if man is willing to build with a ? that's cool with her daughter poledancing?! No matter how "elegant" you want it to be, a little girl has no business on a got damn pole.
  • Dupac
    edited October 2016
    Options

Did you hear that lil baby laughing while they was spinning? Did you see her playing with her mom b4 she got on the pole?

Had she had the same joy playing with Barbie's she'd grow up to be a doctor right?

naw bruh, "others" don't got ? to do with it...... I DON"T LIKE IT....so I'm going say no, do something else....

if it keeps coming back to this ? , i'm gonna ask....why it gotta be the pole?

i don't want my daughter on the pole, cuz i don't want my daughter on no pole.....to me it's that simple.....i don't give a ? about what others got to say......this is me

but what confuses me is why the defense for the pole.....like what the ? you gotta prove by fighting for the pole if a parent simply doesn't think it's cool
  • Dupac
    Options
    I'm pretty open minded, but what kind if man is willing to build with a ? that's cool with her daughter poledancing?! No matter how "elegant" you want it to be, a little girl has no business on a got damn pole.

thank you bruh
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ok...
    so I finally watched the video
    it was not problematic to me

on the other hand...
    I have a ? daughter and a niece (so I'm sensitive to women's issues lol)
    I can understand why ppl think the worst.
    the idea alone is repugnant. it is asking a lot to ask people to disassociate poles from strip clubs and sex.
    so this specific case aint worthy of uproar.
    however, if presented with the idea of incorporating 'pole dancing' into your childs life, I can see people being upset at the notion alone.
  • Chi Snow
    Options

naw bruh, "others" don't got ? to do with it...... I DON"T LIKE IT....so I'm going say no, do something else....

if it keeps coming back to this ? , i'm gonna ask....why it gotta be the pole?

i don't want my daughter on the pole, cuz i don't want my daughter on no pole.....to me it's that simple.....

but what confuses me is why the defense for the pole.....like what the ? you gotta prove by fighting for the pole if a parent simply doesn't think it's cool
    I'm trying to figure out the hate for the pole

You said b4 said it's an adult themed device used for sexually encouragement.

Op disproved that

The video of the choreographed dance Kha posted disproved that

Now what's the beef with the pole pause
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure most folks wouldnt be cool with a baby being put in a dresser. But hey...
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's a better pole dancer than Khaleesi
    Dang @missk you have the courage to go against the grain and claim agnostic but you can't separate pole dancing and stripping, even after witnessing the 9 year old video?
  • Chi Snow
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ok...
    so I finally watched the video
    it was not problematic to me

on the other hand...
    I have a ? daughter and a niece (so I'm sensitive to women's issues lol)
    I can understand why ppl think the worst.
    the idea alone is repugnant. it is asking a lot to ask people to disassociate poles from strip clubs and sex.
    so this specific case aint worthy of uproar.
    however, if presented with the idea of incorporating 'pole dancing' into your childs life, I can see people being upset at the notion alone.
    This what it boils down to.

Again pitiful and now...... a lil depressing

• mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As men...we're naturally looking out to defend our daughters...it's a sensitive topic. It's no surprise that a man will *generally* be more strict about the activities his daughter is involved in...and a woman will *generally* be more strict about the activities her son is involved in.

Given the fact that there is a stigma for pole dancing...you're not going to convince any of us that this is ok. Because we're men...and we know how ? think. We're trying to craft our daughters in the image of a woman we want them to be...so allowing them to participate in something we KNOW has a stigma for hoe-involvement...isn't going to sit right with us.

Same thing for women...you know how women think. If I took my 4 year old son to "playa classes", "spitting game" classes, and "dry ? the beach ball" classes...you would be pretty ? that I took your innocent son to classes that fulfilled a stigma that he would grow up to be one of the men you hate today.

• Ol Jay's
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, this thread still doing numbers? At this point, what else needs to be said?

mryounggun wrote: »
    I agree with one thing: this really is the type of ? that shouldn't be argued...at least not for this long and to this extent.

You see your kid swinging on a metal pole in the living room and think, 'This is harmless fun!', let 'em do it.

You see your kid swinging on a metal pole in the living room and think, 'This is sexual. I'm raising a ? who will soon be sucking ? in a back room for her rent money and popping that ? for a goon if I don't put a stop to this!', then don't let 'em do it.

Close thread.