The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Except for taking out every single thing Obama did I like his senate term limits but trying to do that will already make republicans not want to work him with . So hopefully he's as hardheaded as prez as he was in the campaign so he gonna continue to "clean up Washington." Cuz then nothing will get done
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I don't see trump trying to compromise at all with that cleaning up Washington ?
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    We'll live yall calm down.

A Trump presidency will have lasting effects especially if he appoints more than one Supreme Court Justice and he institutes measures such ss stop and frisk as he suggested.

I suspect Trump is mostly talk and the people around him will be de-facto president, but honestly Pence, Giuliani, and even Mitch McConnell if they can get on one page scare me more than Trump.

Trump is mostly talk, charisma, and witty insults those other guys have the smarts and knowledge of government to get potentially crippling legislation passed.

We've lived through other janky presidents we'll live through Trump too.

yall ? me off with this ? logic because so many people have not

No one man has that much domain over your over life.

Call it want you want.

Is he going to do some effed up stuff yes, but if you smart enough you already know whats coming so you can prepare hostile.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    riddlerap wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »

not bad

There is some good in there.

Some of it I'm pretty concerned about, but we'll see how it pans out.

the quickest flip flop in the history of the world

It's called objectivity.

Some of things that were written in his 100 Day Plan are good to very good things.

IMO, Some of them were very problematic.

All that means very little though.

A one page draft from attorneys before you've even been inaugurated into office does not a good president make.

Yeah but you have to admit that the simplest things in his plans are very good and should be able to pass
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall know hillary is blaming obama for not stopping comey
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Van Jones talking to some Reps. Like it or not, more ? like this needs to happen. If Hillary did outreach, she might not have lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJPTod08oCk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP_No44_7RU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3w-x1QOZDs
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Day 2 and all these ? people are crying here, I'm like y'all will ok bruh. You still white and trump ain't targeted y'all in his campaign that I can remember

It's more about Pence. That dude believes in those "You can pray the ? away camps"...
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Newt Gingrinch
    Sarah Palin
    Rudy Guliani
    Christ Christie
    Sherrif Clarke

all possibly being part of his cabinet is insane

The Devil's Rejects
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Replace Denzel with Hillary and tell this ain't how she feeling
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KrNpxODiDA
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Dayum and you know what's wild ?? All the hard work and success Obama did, the credit will go to Trump. So he has a scapegoat for the fuckery he's going to do. Trump will say yeah he "drove out Hispanics but you know unemployment is down !" SMMFH this is the ignorance yall have to look forward to.

? said Obama did nothing for you, when Trump is done destroying the rest of black America and giving yall another Reagan era or "Trumponomics" ? gon wish they had Obama in office.

@Sion I like you but @traestar and I have explained to you that Obama did nothing for black folks while we were getting slaughtered, and Obama wasn't speaking on our plights, or even putting policies that favored everone elses but us. Waken up my man.

Unfortunately @Sion, Obama gave people the illusion of change. He did do things for the LBGT, Latino community, and women. But we have witnessed 4x as many police executions then we ever witnessed in this country in the last 8 years. Who would've thought that Amadou Diallo style murders would continue to happen at the intense rate in the 2000's-2010's. Those police unions sent a message to Obama and he refused to address AND state action. He instead he called blacks "thugs". Every single president MAINTAINS the status quo.

What I will say Obama did under the radar that is sort of a blessing in disguise and explains the unexplainable genocide of African Americans is that he went on the Tom Joyner morning show and said "I don’t look at myself as the first ‘BLACK’ president because the word ‘BLACK’ has no standing at law" https://www.facebook.com/PastAndPresentKingsandQueens/posts/167460326711167

The audio evidence has since been removed but the quote has been on the internet for almost 5 years!
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see trump trying to compromise at all with that cleaning up Washington ?

Sounds like he wants to go in there and break up their little boys club
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Part of me love the fuckery of it all.

Obama should just be on some militant ? and close GITMO tomorrow. ? it, executive action, sue me, by court day he and the prisoners will be gone.

Obama ain't going to do ? .
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    warren98 wrote: »
    America voted for a salesman. A fucken salesman. HAHAHHA

Remember Ronald Reagan was an actor.
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

...And still thought he was acting while president (regarding on how you look at it)
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ALL this protesting is ? stupid she lost this is how democracy works in 4 years we will have another shot at electing someone else people especially young people are acting very childish right now

Look up the first amendment
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Steve Kerr and Stan Van Gundy on Trump...

“I understand problems with the economy. I understand all the problems with Hillary Clinton, I do. But certain things in our country should disqualify you. And the fact that millions and millions of Americans don’t think that racism and sexism disqualifies you to be our leader, in our country ... . We presume to tell other countries about human-rights abuses and everything else. We better never do that again, when our leaders talk to China or anybody else about human-rights abuses.

“We just elected an openly, brazen misogynist leader and we should keep our mouths shut and realize that we need to be learning maybe from the rest of the world, because we don’t got anything to teach anybody.

“It’s embarrassing. I have been ashamed of a lot of things that have happened in this country, but I can’t say I’ve ever been ashamed of our country until today. Until today. We all have to find our way to move forward, but that was -- and I’m not even trying to make a political statement. To me, that’s beyond politics.

“You don’t get to come out and talk about people like that, and then lead our country and have millions of Americans embrace you. I’m having a hard time being with people. I’m going to walk into this arena tonight and realize that -- especially in this state -- most of these people voted for the guy. Like, (expletive), I don’t have any respect for that. I don’t.

“And then you read how he was embraced by conservative Christians. Evangelical Christians. I’m not a religious guy, but what the hell Bible are they reading? I’m dead serious. What Bible are you reading? And you’re supposed to be — it’s different. There are a lot of different groups we can be upset at. But you’re Christians. You’re supposed to be — at least you pride yourself on being the moral compass of our society. And you said, ‘Yeah, the guy can talk about women like that. I’m fine with that.’ He can disparage every ethnic group, and I’m fine with that.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2016/11/09/detroit-pistons-stan-van-gundy/93551178/?hootPostID=f10f7d9c7e00059ac139b93a5f10541c

Kerr been a real one since he stood up to Jordan
  • traestar
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    Dayum and you know what's wild ?? All the hard work and success Obama did, the credit will go to Trump. So he has a scapegoat for the fuckery he's going to do. Trump will say yeah he "drove out Hispanics but you know unemployment is down !" SMMFH this is the ignorance yall have to look forward to.

? said Obama did nothing for you, when Trump is done destroying the rest of black America and giving yall another Reagan era or "Trumponomics" ? gon wish they had Obama in office.

@Sion I like you but @traestar and I have explained to you that Obama did nothing for black folks while we were getting slaughtered, and Obama wasn't speaking on our plights, or even putting policies that favored everone elses but us. Waken up my man.

Unfortunately @Sion, Obama gave people the illusion of change. He did do things for the LBGT, Latino community, and women. But we have witnessed 4x as many police executions then we ever witnessed in this country in the last 8 years. Who would've thought that Amadou Diallo style murders would continue to happen at the intense rate in the 2000's-2010's. Those police unions sent a message to Obama and he refused to address AND state action. He instead he called blacks "thugs". Every single president MAINTAINS the status quo.

What I will say Obama did under the radar that is sort of a blessing in disguise and explains the unexplainable genocide of African Americans is that he went on the Tom Joyner morning show and said "I don’t look at myself as the first ‘BLACK’ president because the word ‘BLACK’ has no standing at law" https://www.facebook.com/PastAndPresentKingsandQueens/posts/167460326711167

The audio evidence has since been removed but the quote has been on the internet for almost 5 years!

I respectfully disagree.

As for police executions, you also have to keep in mind what eras you're equating it to. There's a lot more people in America than there were in the 1960s civil rights era and 70s. With the advent of social media, just because more of it is broadcast doesn't mean there's more than any other time.

We had police brutality and marches in the 80s and 90s, often we forget history. What do you really want Obama to do about police abusing their power ? You know how hard that is to enforce legislation to stop police from being ? racist ? You can only go so far with that unfortunately. That's the ? up truth. He's the president not ? . And like I said with the House and Senate being owned by the republicans, he couldn't pass many laws without them also signing off on the things they wanted to see and have. A wonder he even got things done.

I want to see where in my post did I say anything trollish @a.mann @BangEm_Bart, do you research. It's a con game.

I respect that @Sion. And as a disclaimer, I do not dislike Obama at all and will miss the family during their term. Actually the REAL person I've saw making a difference is Michelle Obama especially with her movements addressing the GMO foods. But Obama is doing his job as a CEO of the United States and his job is to continue to maintain the status quo. Check out those Executive Orders he has put in effect over his entire term.

Even ? Allen West admitted this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8aWGweXoCk
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But he had experience in the political world.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Election of Donald Trump Deepening Racial Divide in NFL Locker Rooms

"One of the greatest days of my life," a white offensive lineman from the AFC told B/R.

"Easily one of the worst days of my life," said a black offensive lineman, also from the AFC. "It's like my dog died. Worse."

The reaction from NFL players to me in the wake of Donald Trump's election as the nation's 45th president was swift and long-lasting. It carried through election night, into the next morning, and throughout Wednesday. Over two dozen players expressed themselves in numerous complex thoughts, simple outbursts and heated arguments with me.

The general feeling among the six white players with whom B/R communicated was that the Trump election was good for the country and happened because Americans wanted change and a fixing of economic issues.

In sharp contrast, eight black players I spoke with expressed the sentiment that the Trump election was one of the ugliest moments in American history and was about white America wanting to keep blacks, and other people of color, as one black player said, "in our place."

The comments from both groups of players were at times raw, angry, introspective and dizzying, even more so than for a similar Trump story I wrote before the election.

In all my conversations, the most striking aspect was the difference in how black players and white players viewed Trump. It was as if they were talking about two different people, a phenomenon that likely mirrors the American electorate.

Take, for example, how two white players felt the election of Trump would help bring players closer to fans and maybe even reverse the recent ratings decline.

"Trump is creating a more blue-collar America," said a special teams player, "and at its core, our sport is a blue-collar sport."

Meanwhile, several black players expressed a different view of some fans. They felt those who voted for Trump would root for them on Sundays, but once the games ended, those fans wouldn't, as one player stated, "give them a bucket to ? in."

Perhaps most importantly, players on both sides of the Trump aisle insist that NFL locker rooms remain divided over Trump and have seen that chasm grow in the wake of the election.

It's impossible to tell how accurate this view is, but it continues to be something mentioned to me.

What's certain is I have never seen NFL players both so happy and infuriated at the same time. I've never seen players this fired up over anything that wasn't related to a work stoppage or Roger Goodell.

There was definitely some locker room polarization when Barack Obama was first elected president in 2008, but the dynamics were different. The player base is approximately 70 percent black, and most of the black electorate backed Obama.

Exit polling by NBC this year showed that 89 percent of black voters were either concerned or scared if Trump were to win. My guess is those percentages would hold up, or be close, in NFL locker rooms.

"If you voted for Trump," said one AFC offensive starter, "I don't trust you."

"Black players are constantly playing the race card [when it comes to Trump]," a white NFC player said. "This election had nothing to do with race."

He wasn't alone in his views.

"Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate," another white player said. "That's why she lost, not because of race."

Other white players said Trump won because of the increase in Obamacare premiums and Supreme Court appointments.

All of the white players, in fact, said Trump's election had nothing to do with race. White players who voted for Trump, or knew people who did, in fact, were furious with the notion they or Trump supporters were racist.

All of the black players, on the other hand, said Trump's election was mostly, if not all, about race.

Several black players with whom B/R spoke saved some of their anger for Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who wrote a letter of support to Trump, who then read the letter at a rally on the eve of the election. Belichick defended writing the note, saying it wasn't politically motivated and was penned because Trump was a friend.

But some of the black players I spoke with said they didn't understand how black players on the Patriots weren't enraged with Belichick. Or with Tom Brady, who Trump said supported his candidacy.

"Very disappointed in [Belichick]," one player said. "I thought he was better than that."

(One aside: In my time covering the league, Belichick has been one of the most open-minded men I've ever known. Yet in various front offices around the league, there was surprise he so publicly endorsed Trump.)

In the end, maybe everyone should heed the words of former NFL offensive lineman Damien Woody, who tweeted some pretty good advice this week:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2675010-election-of-donald-trump-deepening-racial-divide-in-nfl-locker-rooms
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    ALL this protesting is ? stupid she lost this is how democracy works in 4 years we will have another shot at electing someone else people especially young people are acting very childish right now

Look up the first amendment

The 1st Amendment does not alter the outcomes of Elections therefore all the protesting and crying is a childish waste of time.
  • traestar
    Options
    Fellas I have work to tend to so I'll come on later tonight. But I aint finna debate Obama because it doesn't ? matter anymore. Trump won and he's pushing in his first 100 days to implement legislation that will allow him to repeal every single law Obama and Bill Clinton enacted that he deems unconstitutional..... He said this as the third thing he is going to do.

? are gonna miss the ? out of Obama in 2 years.... Obama was given the world he didn't make it. He did the best he could do with what he was given and did an amazing job in 8 years. The great things Obama did will be accredited to Trump when they come to fruition and will be used to defend him when he enacts his tyranny and destroys communities and minorities.

It's fine, @Sion. I'm not arguing with you. But please understand that Obama was powerless against the entire system of white supremacy. You have sick individuals out there that made sure Donald Trump was president..meaning they didn't care about what's right, they didn't care about the people, they want to justify harming people of color especially African Americans. And they have the money, the organizational influence, and political connections to make that happen. Peep that Tariq show that @blackcaesar shared, he breaks it down.

For those who disagree with anything I'm talking about ask yourself this: why has the Dred Scott decision, Virginia Black Codes, and benign neglect never been overturned?
  • traestar
    Options
    Hillary ran twice and was destroyed both times SMMFH.....

I like this quote from Jason Black: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1807140442873103&id=100007314946128&pnref=story
    White men won last night. And they didn't need ? , illegal aliens or to suck up to women to get it.
    Black men should learn a lesson from this . . . but the simps won't.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel ya'll need to watch/listen these three videos based on the election. Especially TBA's live broadcast yesterday. Grab a seat and get your popcorn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-R8HINN7XY

Jason Black aka TBA (Best video. He also does live broadcasts. http://www.theblackchannel.net/radio ) He's also on facebook too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLX3uIzPvbM

Professor Black Truth (Part of TBA's crew)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N6WAt3jt2Y

Tariq Nasheed

I hope ya'll watch/listen to these.

Just listened to Tariq and I feel a lot better. Just like Malcom said black folks need this. We are already at the bottom it's other minority groups who will get it.