Options

Comments

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Very Smart Brothas article

Hmmm.....just watch the feelings fly.

The writer can get the D and that's about it (this is me being nice and not exhibiting feels), but the comment section is pretty interesting. As usual it's divisive, the women are saying outlandish ? , ? are responding with logic (from what I've seen). Typical day on Black Internet...

Someone called them Ovarian Americans... :joy:

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

But can we all agree that Lawrence contributed to the breakdown of the relationship

Meh...unknowingly.

Remember Issa wasn't communicating the issue she was having wit the relationship to Lawrence. She went to everyone else but the person she's in the relationship wit. So in his eyes, everything was all good. And when he tried to get her to talk about what was going on, she went mute.

Yea she didn't help the situation at all

But nobody is gonna be cool with their mate bumming around the crib all day, going from job to job while he or she is out trying to keep the bills up to date

And I picked up her body language around him first episode she wasn't happy

I gotta rewatch, but I think he also forgot her bday

Plus I remember Issa telling Molly he was slacking in the bedroom, they weren't going out a lot

Again Issa was wrong for what she did....But they deserve each other
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The writer can get the D and that's about it (this is me being nice and not exhibiting feels), but the comment section is pretty interesting. As usual it's divisive, the women are saying outlandish ? , ? are responding with logic (from what I've seen). Typical day on Black Internet...

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

But can we all agree that Lawrence contributed to the breakdown of the relationship

If that was the case, she should've left...

And it's not like the ? wasn't ambitious, it was stated multiple times that he was tryna get his OWN business jumping.

If he wasn't worth keeping, then why did she stay even after her "mistake?"
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    I think that the point people are making when they say double standard isn't about Lawrence smashing after they broke up, but had Lawrence been the one who cheated on Issa, she would be expected to get over it while everyone was ready for Lawrence to kick her to the curb...

This

When a man cheats it's almost a given ...or ppl try to justify his actions... it was something he wasn't getting at home

Especially if he is supposedly a "good" man/provider

When a woman cheats she's immediately dismissed as a hoe and irredeemable

I gotta use that ? !!!

Get allllllllll the way the ? outta here with this ?

giphy.gif
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    ONE OF THE BETTER SHOWS ON TV.. I ALWAYS CATCH IT ONLINE CAUSE I AINT GOT HBO, BUT I HOPE THIS SHOW STAYS ON FOR SEVERAL SEASONS

It got picked up for a 2nd season
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

Meh...unknowingly.

Remember Issa wasn't communicating the issue she was having wit the relationship to Lawrence. She went to everyone else but the person she's in the relationship wit. So in his eyes, everything was all good. And when he tried to get her to talk about what was going on, she went mute.

But nobody is gonna be cool with their mate bumming around the crib all day, going from job to job while he or she is out trying to keep the bills up to date

Plus I remember Issa telling Molly he was slacking in the bedroom, they weren't going out a lot

B-day I give you...everything else is on her.

The one of the main things I took from their situation, is that it starts with communication first & foremost.

All that assuming the other person will eventually read your mind, hopefully figures out why you're unhappy does nothing.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was pushin for Lawrence to get wit the chick from the bank anyway..

That might still happen tho.

08v1nrrib6bb.gif

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2016
    Options

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

Meh...unknowingly.

The one of the main things I took from their situation, is that it starts with communication first & foremost.

All that assuming the other person will eventually read your mind, hopefully figures out why you're unhappy does nothing.

That's the burden black women bear tho. Cuz I was on the "issa ain't ? " wave before Daniel for not communicating effectively...but y'all gotta realize she was carrying the load of the relationship financially and emotionally.

Lawrence was probly feeling emasculated he couldn't even contribute to bills and ? like that, let alone take his girl out for dinner regularly and do nice things for her... and a lil depressed cuz he couldn't get his app off the ground....so how do you, as the support system for this black man, broach the subject of "I need you to do more" without coming off as the nagging angry black woman stereotype on one end, but also knowing that by doing so, you're more than likely just gonna push him deeper into his funk by pointing out where he's ? up? Cuz if you do that and push him away, that sacrifice you made to hold him down goes away with nothing to show for it. No thanks, no severance package, no card, no pat on the back...I see why she bit her tongue for so long even if to her detriment.

At the start of the series they were both checked out emotionally. Carrying the relationship while watching your man ? it and sit in his feelings for however long takes a toll on you....and so does trying to do something that just won't work and you can't catch no breaks while you see your woman struggle and bust ass for both of you and you can't help.
  • desertrain10
    edited December 2016
    Options

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

Meh...unknowingly.

That's the burden black women bear tho. Cuz I was on the "issa ain't ? " wave before Daniel for not communicating effectively...but y'all gotta realize she was carrying the load of the relationship financially and emotionally.

Lawrence was probly feeling emasculated he couldn't even contribute to bills and ? like that, let alone take his girl out for dinner regularly and do nice things for her... and a lil depressed cuz he couldn't get his app off the ground....so how do you, as the support system for this black man, broach the subject of "I need you to do more" without coming off as the nagging angry black woman stereotype on one end, but also knowing that by doing so, you're more than likely just gonna push him deeper into his funk by pointing out where he's ? up? Cuz if you do that and push him away, that sacrifice you made to hold him down goes away with nothing to show for it. No thanks, no severance package, no card, no pat on the back...I see why she bit her tongue for so long even if to her detriment.

At the start of the series they were both checked out emotionally. Carrying the relationship while watching your man ? it and sit in his feelings for however long takes a toll on you....and so does trying to do something that just won't work and you can't catch no breaks while you see your woman struggle and bust ass for both of you and you can't help.

exactly

no one is trying to give issa a pass or make out Lawrence to be a bad guy

but I can empathize with her

she was in a tough spot and she obviously loved him

• FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

Maybe in the very beginning..oh wait Episode 1. Issa went to a party where he EX was at, dragging along Molly. Ending up kissing but declined. Than the lack of communication in Episode 2-3. Showing up home late at night. Not answering calls or texts.

I'm not even at episode 4 yet and there's already red flags.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_inline_oheovrN3U41t1jl51_500.gif
    tumblr_inline_oheow5lqgr1t1jl51_500.gif
    tumblr_inline_oheowdQU3w1t1jl51_500.gif

? like this confuses me does he have to take an ambient or tape his ? to his leg no ? because she would of just got pocked like i don't understand like what would be different if eh actually stuck his meat in her this is like super extreme dry ?
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_inline_oheovrN3U41t1jl51_500.gif
    tumblr_inline_oheow5lqgr1t1jl51_500.gif
    tumblr_inline_oheowdQU3w1t1jl51_500.gif

? like this confuses me does he have to take an ambient or tape his ? to his leg no ? because she would of just got pocked like i don't understand like what would be different if eh actually stuck his meat in her this is like super extreme dry ?

...SAME THANG I WAS SAYIN.. WHEN SHE PUT THAT SUPER ARCH IN HER BACK AND THEM HIPS AND ASS SPREAD EVEN MORE, IT WAS LIGHTS OUT FOR ME
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    So I see folks trying to justify Issa cheating...

a5u2bxrxmd6t.gif

I swear to ? I was laughin like Eartha in that gif when I was reading their posts :joy:
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

Meh...unknowingly.

exactly

That's exactly what yall trying to do and the ? is hilariously sad. If she was feeling that worn down she could've simply broke up with homie. There's no such thing as a perfect relationship , we're always gonna be annoyed by ? our s/o does, there's no excuse to cheat.

Let that ? L had cheated first (yea I call him L now) and we (? ) supported/empathized with the ? by saying " he was obviously so distraught and hurt by Issa for not supporting his dreams and talking down to him all the time, I could empathize with him , it hurt to watch :cry: that's the everyday struggle of the black male " yall wouldn't let that ? fly for a sec lmaooo

Chile plz. Like ? wouldn't have criticized if she left him while he was down. Issa was foul for cheating. No denying that. But we also can't ignore the mindstate they both were in before Lawrence got his ? together.
  • _Goldie_
    Options

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

Meh...unknowingly.

exactly

That's exactly what yall trying to do and the ? is hilariously sad. If she was feeling that worn down she could've simply broke up with homie. There's no such thing as a perfect relationship , we're always gonna be annoyed by ? our s/o does, there's no excuse to cheat.

Let that ? L had cheated first (yea I call him L now) and we (? ) supported/empathized with the ? by saying " he was obviously so distraught and hurt by Issa for not supporting his dreams and talking down to him all the time, I could empathize with him , it hurt to watch :cry: that's the everyday struggle of the black male " yall wouldn't let that ? fly for a sec lmaooo

Chile plz. Like ? wouldn't have criticized if she left him while he was down. Issa was foul for cheating. No denying that. But we also can't ignore the mindstate they both were in before Lawrence got his ? together.

Why do we have to understand the mindstate? So if a ? rapes/murders/etc do I have to understand how bad of a day he had? Do I have to understand that Math Hoffa didn't get to eat breakfast before he stole off on Serius? DO I GABI!!??!!!
  • desertrain10
    Options

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

Meh...unknowingly.

exactly

swear yall ? are incapable of having a nuanced conversation

we've all come to the conclusion issa's actions were wrong, right?

but from what we seen, can you honestly say Lawrence was without faults? no....case closed lol

and I wasn't even mad at dude for getting with Tasha

• atribecalledgabi
    Options

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

Meh...unknowingly.

exactly

Why do we have to understand the mindstate? So if a ? rapes/murders/etc do I have to understand how bad of a day he had? Do I have to understand that Math Hoffa didn't get to eat breakfast before he stole off on Serius? DO I GABI!!??!!!

Why do we have to understand the mindstates??? ? we talking about (what looks like) the end of a 5 yr relationship. Nothing happens in a vacuum and it's never just one thing you can pinpoint as the reason it ends when you got that kinda time in.

And if they never wanted us to take the past into account they wouldn't have showed us....lol.

You smarter than this G....!!!!
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This

When a man cheats it's almost a given ...or ppl try to justify his actions... it was something he wasn't getting at home

Especially if he is supposedly a "good" man/provider

When a woman cheats she's immediately dismissed as a hoe and irredeemable
    Issa was wrong

exactly

a5u2bxrxmd6t.gif

a5u2bxrxmd6t.gif
    giphy.gif

@ em and quote the posts.
    Kthnx.

@desertrain10 @atribecalledgabi
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

Meh...unknowingly.

exactly

swear yall ? are incapable of having a nuanced conversation

we've all come to the conclusion issa's actions were wrong, right?

but from what we seen, can you honestly say Lawrence was without faults? no....case closed lol

and I wasn't even mad at dude for getting with Tasha

This what I'm talking about. You can't fault her for cheating WITHOUT throwing Lawrence's name into the mix. I rest my case.