Chrisette Michele Loses Netflix Deal After Trump Performance

Options

Comments

• babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If she "supported" him she would have performed for free. She got paid. It was a gig. Big difference.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    babelipsss wrote: »
    If she "supported" him she would have performed for free. She got paid. It was a gig. Big difference.

^^^
    unsolicited white opinion

She been coonin. She stay coonin
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    All they have is emotion and name calling. She took advantage of the biggest opportunity of her life. Its bigger than Trump. Your a fool (i can call names too) if you let the fact Trump is President stop you from taking your opportunities and confusing issues. Its impossible for people to not be involved. She did it already naysayers lost. Business not emotion.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All they have is emotion and name calling. She took advantage of the biggest opportunity of her life. Its bigger than Trump. Your a fool (i can call names too) if you let the fact Trump is President stop you from taking your opportunities and confusing issues. Its impossible for people to not be involved. She did it already naysayers lost. Business not emotion.

I'm not saying the sister did. But are you saying you're integrity, convictions, and beliefs have a price?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I don't really understand the impetus behind attacking any black person that has anything to do with Trump. Whether we like it or not, he's going to be president for the next four years. So we don't want any black people to have any ins with the president? We don't want any advocacy or representation. I ain't saying we need to be down with his corruption or ? , but it wouldn't serve our community in any way to take such a hard nosed approach. We can't just ignore dude for four years and expect anything to work out for us.
    Only right for yo ? azz to support this bs. Again, Trump is a racist white supremacist. Not only has he discriminated against black ppl, but he's OPENLY mocked black ppl in front of the world. He's also surrounded himself with other white supremacists in his cabinet. Now what respectful black person would align themselves with Donald Trump? FOH ?

Who said anything aligning with Trump? I know you're too stupid to actually discuss anything which is why you love using that word so much, but like it or not, dude is the president. None of that ? you said changes that. You don't have to like Trump or be his buddy or be on friendly terms. What we do have to do is get what we can get out of him, the same way we should get what we can get out of any politician. That's their whole point in existing. Pretty much every president ever was racist to some extent. If ? didn't work with them to make changes, we'd still be slaves and still be second class citizens. Use your head for more than a hat rack dumb ? . Who gives a ? if Trump is racist if someone can get him to make moves to improve the black community? I don't know what to say about you silly ? waiting for some day when magically all whites are nonracist and we don't have to deal with these people on our terms to get what we want from them.
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    I don't really understand the impetus behind attacking any black person that has anything to do with Trump. Whether we like it or not, he's going to be president for the next four years. So we don't want any black people to have any ins with the president? We don't want any advocacy or representation. I ain't saying we need to be down with his corruption or ? , but it wouldn't serve our community in any way to take such a hard nosed approach. We can't just ignore dude for four years and expect anything to work out for us.

I normally agree with the ? you say but nah, trumps a ? bigot, its not about his corruption, its bout the ? hes said and done, about who he is, and you know ? well he aint gonna do ? for blacks, this dude doesnt even really give a ? about regular ass people

Trump is a ? , but he's also a businessman. He's been doing business with blacks for decades bigotry aside. Now dude is in the White House and ya'll really acting like we as a community need to ignore him for four years. Given all the crazy ? going on nowadays, do you really think that's the best way to proceed. I'm not saying you got to like Trump, but it doesn't make sense to bash blacks who are trying to build a relationship and make moves for the benefit of the black community.
    blackrain wrote: »

It's not about attacking any black person that meets with or talks to Trump. It's about not allowing yourself to be used as a photo op which Trump is doing. It's about not being manipulated and used for his political agenda w/o getting anything back in return.

How do you know they aren't getting anything back in return? How do you know Steve Harvey or Jim Brown weren't making moves to get higher level support for their efforts to help the community. You don't think a photo op is worth getting support in efforts that directly support the black community?

I'm not saying people should be buddying up to Trump and I agree with you that if all these people are trying to do is get their faces in the news, they should be criticized. That's not really what I was talking about though. I'm talking about people who take the call with the intentions of getting something out of it. If they can get it, they get it. If they can't they ? on Trump accordingly afterwards. What's wrong with that?

Because with all the ? Trump is spouting for someone like Steve Harvey or Jim Brown to come out of the meeting saying ? like "He's a great person" they love him now is complete and utter ? . You can meet with the man, present your issues with him...but him simply listening don't make him a great person.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all silly. She performed, collected a check, gets some flack and she's still just as black. A righteous sister at that. This is no club where we can kick her out. Like it or not she will resurface and the fans will flock back. Kanye too. Let him put out some new music and the diehards will salivate.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Was never a fan of hers so I can't act like I care about this. But if you a black celeb or a celeb with a core black/other minority fanbase, you gotta know that unless you give ? some kinda heads up, this type of ? won't be received well off GP.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    People screaming that CM won't get money out they pocket because she sang but ? with people who could give 2 ? about them spending all they money with them. Those disrespectful ass Arabs stay getting money from us but we steady go in theirs store, the irony

I don't, and I bet I ain't the only one (@ the bolded)... just sayin.
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    Y'all silly. She performed, collected a check, gets some flack and she's still just as black. A righteous sister at that. This is no club where we can kick her out. Like it or not she will resurface and the fans will flock back. Kanye too. Let him put out some new music and the diehards will salivate.

Basically. She's more known and has more interest now than ever. Thats pretty undeniable.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    By performing, she is supporting a regime that will harm countless black people including young black girls, perhaps ESPECIALLY young black girls. If she's strapped for cash and really needs it like that, it's her prerogative, but even that doesn't protect her from the repercussions in a free market. The black community has the freedom to respond in kind and she won't get another nickel from me.

People keep on saying ? like this. Are y'all going to boycott the government now? That regime is in charge. So should black contractors avoid federal work. Should black students avoid federal grants? Should poor blacks avoid federal assistance. Trump and his picks are over all of that. I don't see how you can be so hard on this chick for doing something trivial like singing a song, but be with all the examples of black people who will be truly indebted to the Trump run government.
  • NoCompetition
    edited January 2017
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    What she did was wrong but maybe her money is tight . I never heard anyone talk about buying her album and i dont think i ever.came across her ablum either .

Exactly it was a great opportunity for her. Fck all the emotional nonsense just from a business standpoint look at all the exposure and people talking. Doesnt mean she supports every or anything about Trump. But the fact is he is the President and people will be working with him simply for that fact. No way around it. Its simply performing at the Presidential inauguration which is bigger than Trump. The rest is things people add in their imagination and speculating. *shrug*.

From a business standpoint it's an even dumber move because she alienates her fanbase to perform for a group of people who give no ? about her. That's a short term lick w/o considering the long term effects. That's not a smart career move because now she'll have to answer this ? for the rest of her career.

I may not have even did it. And maybe for some of the same reasons people have expressed here. But i cant get mad at her for doing it. Thats her decision. Go do your thing. Nobody can tell her what to do with her life and career. People are on about something that isnt even their life. Its just chatter. I didnt get that opportunity neither did anybody on the sideline bumpin their gums/fingers.
    Its admirable and Im watching whenever someone doesnt let the "? in a barrel" keep them back with stuff like this. Saying "Trump is the President" isnt enough reason not to do your thing. That stops nothing actually of course. Im the opposite of a hater and "crab in a bucket" I wanna see people like this and in the community make more and be more a force, be more to the front make more moves and be more visual now and going forward. Nothing stops because Trump is President.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only right for yo ? azz to support this bs. Again, Trump is a racist white supremacist. Not only has he discriminated against black ppl, but he's OPENLY mocked black ppl in front of the world. He's also surrounded himself with other white supremacists in his cabinet. Now what respectful black person would align themselves with Donald Trump? FOH ?

Who said anything aligning with Trump? I know you're too stupid to actually discuss anything which is why you love using that word so much, but like it or not, dude is the president. None of that ? you said changes that. You don't have to like Trump or be his buddy or be on friendly terms. What we do have to do is get what we can get out of him, the same way we should get what we can get out of any politician. That's their whole point in existing. Pretty much every president ever was racist to some extent. If ? didn't work with them to make changes, we'd still be slaves and still be second class citizens. Use your head for more than a hat rack dumb ? . Who gives a ? if Trump is racist if someone can get him to make moves to improve the black community? I don't know what to say about you silly ? waiting for some day when magically all whites are nonracist and we don't have to deal with these people on our terms to get what we want from them.
    farris2k1 wrote: »

I normally agree with the ? you say but nah, trumps a ? bigot, its not about his corruption, its bout the ? hes said and done, about who he is, and you know ? well he aint gonna do ? for blacks, this dude doesnt even really give a ? about regular ass people

Trump is a ? , but he's also a businessman. He's been doing business with blacks for decades bigotry aside. Now dude is in the White House and ya'll really acting like we as a community need to ignore him for four years. Given all the crazy ? going on nowadays, do you really think that's the best way to proceed. I'm not saying you got to like Trump, but it doesn't make sense to bash blacks who are trying to build a relationship and make moves for the benefit of the black community.

It's not about attacking any black person that meets with or talks to Trump. It's about not allowing yourself to be used as a photo op which Trump is doing. It's about not being manipulated and used for his political agenda w/o getting anything back in return.

How do you know they aren't getting anything back in return? How do you know Steve Harvey or Jim Brown weren't making moves to get higher level support for their efforts to help the community. You don't think a photo op is worth getting support in efforts that directly support the black community?

I'm not saying people should be buddying up to Trump and I agree with you that if all these people are trying to do is get their faces in the news, they should be criticized. That's not really what I was talking about though. I'm talking about people who take the call with the intentions of getting something out of it. If they can get it, they get it. If they can't they ? on Trump accordingly afterwards. What's wrong with that?

Because with all the ? Trump is spouting for someone like Steve Harvey or Jim Brown to come out of the meeting saying ? like "He's a great person" they love him now is complete and utter ? . You can meet with the man, present your issues with him...but him simply listening don't make him a great person.

True, I agree with you 100% on that.
  • 7figz
    edited January 2017
    Options

Basically. She's more known and has more interest now than ever. Thats pretty undeniable.

I doubt that's the case.

Unless you're counting white Trump supporters.... and they sure as hell ain't buying her ? .

Just because a lot of racists now know who she is now, doesn't translate to "interest".

She had a buzz since she started. I'm sure you can even find her mentioned on the IC. It's not like she wasn't liked by Black people. Like a lot of artists, she probably just ain't blow up like she should have.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its like yall are forgetting the Only reason she was picked is because Nobody else would sing for trump.. they Settled for chrisette and yall in here patting her on the back.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still don't understand how her performance supported Trump's impending fuckery.
    Sure, the visual is unsightly, but ultimately her being there seems ineffectual.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    See if people actually voted maybe the situation would be different

More people voted for Trump. How you know those who didn't vite would have voted against Trump? Once again. Voting don't mean anything when you are a minority. Viting hasn't done ? . We have had Democrats how many times? What has changed?

That ? from canada he don't know what the ? going on over here in the states..
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem with her being there is the symbolism it gives. This the same nation that fell for Bill playing the saxophone. The same nation that wanted entertainers to give back the money Gaddafi paid them to perform. The same place where Jenner gets an ESPY. Where a piece of chicken gets added to a football helmet. These impressions matter, if not to most, then too enough, like it or not.

Her agreeing to perform for Trump, regardless of her financial need, warrants the backlash. These aint the times to be giving out passes when the fuckery of Trump is blatant. I tried that already with Jim Brown and that was soon proven wrong.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    People screaming that CM won't get money out they pocket because she sang but ? with people who could give 2 ? about them spending all they money with them. Those disrespectful ass Arabs stay getting money from us but we steady go in theirs store, the irony

Arab owned businesses remain in those areas for a reason. U and whoever else u are referring to are exceptions.
  • 7figz
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »

Arab owned businesses remain in those areas for a reason. U and whoever else u are referring to are exceptions.

? it, it's a start - and my fam don't ? with them unless there's no options.

If there was a Black-owned alternative store, I'd be in there like a MF.

I never did play that disrespectful ? - regardless of who it's coming from.

But back on the original post, the Arab stores was mostly on some grocery ? ; people shop there out of necessity for the most part, can't really compare that to buying music - in that respect.