Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They said another man was helping Revis
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So WTF is the story behind the Revis situation?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    i ain't read that ? but why would Eric Berry go to the Titans? They a good 2-3 years out

Now I'm gonna preface this by saying I'm a fan. so it may ? off as sounding like a bit of a homer.

But we just came off a 9-7 record season in a very weak division with a promising qb. We also have tons of cap space, have a top 5 pick in the draft, labeau has been given the reigns of the defense, and we play in a city of a state where there's no state income tax. not to mention Nashville is like 4-5 hrs away from his home town Atlanta. I mean I can see how we could be an ideal location for him

I get the location thing but why would he wanna go to the Titans? He should be trynna get a ring right now
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? bout to have that predator hairline

Half this page is filled with bad decision making by the browns....

We started this ? !
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    i ain't read that ? but why would Eric Berry go to the Titans? They a good 2-3 years out

Now I'm gonna preface this by saying I'm a fan. so it may ? off as sounding like a bit of a homer.

But we just came off a 9-7 record season in a very weak division with a promising qb. We also have tons of cap space, have a top 5 pick in the draft, labeau has been given the reigns of the defense, and we play in a city of a state where there's no state income tax. not to mention Nashville is like 4-5 hrs away from his home town Atlanta. I mean I can see how we could be an ideal location for him

@Ounceman

This is actually a decent argument/point. lol

I still don't see it b/c u guys need a complete overhaul @ corner (on both sides) and a LB or two Titans are pretty much set @ offense besides having a #1 WR.... BUT stranger things have happened. Y'all could pretty much pay him whateva tho.

I'd say u guys draft Jamal Adams (helps the secondary as whole), get Logan Ryan or Trumaine Johnson @ corner in free agency and go from there.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Steelers need to fix their secondary, especially the safeties (Mike Mitchell). Need a return threat on special teams. I don't want AB back there for health reasons. They also gotta find guys who can put pressure on qb's. Just stay healthy and hope to avoid the Pats in the playoffs and the squad will be ok.

Its frustrating cause we been "fixing our secondary" for the past 4 seasons...

And the secondary along with injuries have been the primary reasons for us getting bounced in the playoffs
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Steelers need to fix their secondary, especially the safeties (Mike Mitchell). Need a return threat on special teams. I don't want AB back there for health reasons. They also gotta find guys who can put pressure on qb's. Just stay healthy and hope to avoid the Pats in the playoffs and the squad will be ok.

Its frustrating cause we been "fixing our secondary" for the past 4 seasons...

And the secondary along with injuries have been the primary reasons for us getting bounced in the playoffs

Secondary reason, Tom Brady is the primary reason
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »

@Ounceman

This is actually a decent argument/point. lol

I still don't see it b/c u guys need a complete overhaul @ corner (on both sides) and a LB or two Titans are pretty much set @ offense besides having a #1 WR.... BUT stranger things have happened. Y'all could pretty much pay him whateva tho.

I'd say u guys draft Jamal Adams (helps the secondary as whole), get Logan Ryan or Trumaine Johnson @ corner in free agency and go from there.

Fair enough about getting EB. But I agree with you completely on your other points. we need to address many positions on the defensive side of the ball including the ones you mentioned along with safety. which is why yes, I would be fine with jamal adams, malik ? , or jabrill peppers @ 5. this draft is deep at the CB position so we could still manage to get a quality player with a later pick. and also true we are set at offense aside from having a deep threat WR. which is why im perplexed at so many mock drafts that have us taking mike Williams with our first pick. he's not someone who I would consider speedy and our WR group is not that fast as a whole. I would like someone who could stretch the field and if we were going to go that route, I would rather take corey davis or get someone through FA.

But I would much rather us go defense. you would have to go all the way back to 2010 to find the last time we spent a 1st round pick on a defensive player when we selected derrick morgan. we've ignored that side of the ball long enough and it shows
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Julius Thomas isn't a big threat anymore he should've kept his ass in denver
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I doubt the Steelers would let Bell hit the open market. I highly doubt he would sign with us even if they did.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Julius Thomas isn't a big threat anymore he should've kept his ass in denver

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. He did play with a ? QB like blake bottles
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    At least, he's restructuring his contract. So we don't have to go Howard/Njoku in the 1st round.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

As long as Thomas can stay healthy, that's a steal of a trade for my Dolphins

Exactly and Thomas put up his best numbers in Gase offense before he went to Jacksonville.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Exactly and Thomas put up his best numbers in Gase offense before he went to Jacksonville.

Gase offense???

Naw bruh. Manning offense.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Gase offense???

Gase had Cutler looking competent the year he was in Chicago
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Gase offense???

GTFOH with that ? . That version of Manning was ? trash.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    55 td's is trash huh
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    55 td's is trash huh

9 td's and 17 int's is trash
    Chris-Tucker--nothearingthat_zps6bed901c.gif~c200

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    Yea those were his numbers and guess who his tight end was? Not Julius Thomas
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Guess who he got benched for Brock Assweiler
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

The hell are you talking about? When Peyton threw 55 td's Thomas was on that squad, when he threw 9 Thomas was already in Jacksonville, Peyton made Thomas
  • D. Morgan
    Options

The hell are you talking about? When Peyton threw 55 td's Thomas was on that squad, when he threw 9 Thomas was already in Jacksonville, Peyton made Thomas

This is what I'm talking about:

Thomas recorded 108 receptions for 1,277 yards and 24 touchdowns during a two-year stretch with Gase as Denver's offensive coordinator in 2013-14.

For whatever reason YOU chose to bring Manning into something that had nothing to do with him. I quoted a fellow dolphins fan post and you chose to chime in talking about Manning.